Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari (31819 Views)

Atiku Arrives Abuja, Received By Ben Bruce And Other PDP Members (Pics) / Crowd At Maitama Sule's Funeral Prayer (Photos) / Maitama Sule's Body Received By Governor Ganduje, Saraki & Others in Kano (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nne5: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
ON JULY 4, 20173:01 PM

Body of Late elder statesman and Nigeria’s former permanent representative to the United Nations, Alhaji (Dr) Yusuf Maitama Sule has arrived Abuja from Cairo, Egypt.

Reports indicate that the body arrived the Nigeria at around 1:54 p.m and would be conveyed to Kano aboard a presidential jet.

The reports also said that the duo of the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari who led a presidential delegation to the funeral, alongside the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki received the corpse through the Egypt Air tarmac from the presidential win

Recall that the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo had earlier today named Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, as the head of the Federal Government delegation to the funeral of Alhaji Maitama Sule.

Mr. Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity (Office of the Vice-President) had made this known on his twitter handle on Tuesday in Abuja.

Other members of the delegation, according to Akande, include the Minister of Interior, retired Abdulrahaman Danbazau; Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Dr Kayode Fayemi and the Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu.

The presidential aide revealed that the Accountant General of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Idris and some government functionaries were part of the delegation.

The delegation is to submit President Muhammadu Buhari’s letter of condolence to Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State.

The President’s letter reads thus: “I have heard this morning, the death of the venerable Alhaji Maitama Sule, Dan Masanin Kano, and one of Nigeria’s famous sons. Although, I knew he was in poor health for some time, his death nonetheless, came as a profound shock.

“As a Minister in the First Republic, he was one of those who assisted our Founding Fathers, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello and Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, to fashion Nigeria politically and lay the grounds of national co-existence.

“Maitama Sule was blessed by God with a wonderful voice and outstanding eloquence. He served with distinction in the First Republic, the Second Military regime, as well as the Second Republic, without him being tainted with the remotest hint of scandal.

“As a person, I found him personable with unceasing good humour. Nothing personified his faith more than the fact that on losing his sight, he did not retreat in himself sulking on account of his ill-fortune.

“Quite to the contrary, he honoured virtually all invitations extended to him and spoke as usual with singular eloquence and unparalleled wit.

“In my discussions with him, I greatly valued his counsel, and I never ceased to be amazed by his concern for the well-being of his country rather than his personal interests.

“Let me extend my sincere condolences to Your Excellency, family and friends, the Government and people of Kano, and Nigerians as a whole, for this most heavy loss. We shall not soon see the like of him.

“May God forgive his sins and admit him to Paradise, Amin.’’

The deceased statesman, aged 87, who died in the early hours of Monday in a hospital in Cairo, Egypt, will be buried in Kano today at 4:00 pm.

Kano state government declared Tuesday as work-free day in honour of the late statesman.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/breaking-maitama-sules-remains-arrives-abuja-received-abba-kyari/

1 Like

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by madridguy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
May Allah accept his soul and grant him Al Jannah Firdaous.

13 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nne5: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
embarassed

lalasticlala
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by benedictnsi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
RIP to him
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Welcome sir...

In other news, Abba Kyari has been relegated to receiving corpse in his latest appointment undecided

I hope his Boss would arrive intact to avoid stories that touch undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Raptureminded(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
No p... RIP
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Abba Kyari the President while Osibanjo the Vice is still doing the job he was doing under PMB.

We are under bondage

2 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
Rip.
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by dessz(m): 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
can a dying man I.e pmb send letter to the dead grin

5 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by seunlayi(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Who he epp?

2 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by fait10(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Wetin concern us mtchewww sad[size=8pt][/size] sad

1 Like

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Buhari cannot address the living but sending letter to the dead... Let the dead bury the dead. Oloshi president

12 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by burkingx(f): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
angry

9 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Amazing arrival
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Codes151(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Smh
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by SNIPER123: 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
embarassed
Of a truth, there is no how sophisticated medical facilities in foreign countries could be, he dying person will still die undecided

2 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
dessz:

Haha

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by seunlayi(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
dessz:
he is not dying jor, he is resting- APC grin grin grin Don't you know it is usual to see birds of same feathers flying together?

3 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Benekruku(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
He will receive Buhari's corpse soon

No hate! Some facts re just meant to be said!

4 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Dutchey(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
eni're lo
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Lilimax(f): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
So it's Bubu that wrote this letter according to the tone undecided?
Issorite!
Well, soonest all these una comedy will become like Chibok saga embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by seunlayi(m): 4:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
Dutchey:
eni're lo

for were wink

1 Like

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by seunlayi(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Keneking:
Welcome sir...

In other news, Abba Kyari has been relegated to receiving corpse in his latest appointment undecided

you just nailed it grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by ojun50(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
Abba Kyari the President while Osibanjo the Vice is still doing the job he was doing under PMB.

We are under bondage
sweetheart we are nt oh. Since u guys hv refuse to accept or listen to kanu then we jst take wht will see now
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by agog: 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
was he a venerable?
Nne5:

The President’s letter reads thus: “I have heard this morning, the death of the venerable Alhaji Maitama Sule, Dan Masanin Kano,

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/breaking-maitama-sules-remains-arrives-abuja-received-abba-kyari/
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Lilimax(f): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
Keneking:
Welcome sir...

Ha! smiley

1 Like

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by LoveJesus87(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
S
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by bigtt76(f): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hypocrites rushing to carry or touch the casket as if it would pass on to them any blessing angry same people the late Maitama Sule abhors due to their ways angry May He rest in peace. Amen. He was the best orator we ever had from the north.

1 Like

Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Dutchey(m): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
seunlayi:

for were wink
for hin state
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Aburi001: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
Keneking:
Welcome sir...

Stop talking as if YOU will live forever. We are all sand in the hand of our creator.....
Re: Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
[s]
Aburi001:
Stop talking as if YOU will live forever. We are sand in the hand of our creator.....
[/s]

Nonsense post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics) / #HarassBuhariOutOfLondon: Reno Omokri Continues With Protest (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.