Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? (17892 Views)

Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering / Warning Signs That A Used Car Has Been In An Accident / What Do You Do If Your Car Has No Custom Papers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Ableinnocent11(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=autojosh post=58123781]We put a lot of faith in our cars, but sometimes they can’t help but mess us up. Sure, the most convenient place for your car to breakdown is “Home”. However, they usually breakdown away from home.

My Volvo broke down very close to sambisa forest at exactly 9pm.. Wasn't funny oo
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by yhemster(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lloydfolarin:
Chaiiii!!!!

What an horrible day!!! What a day!

My car stopped at M25 London...

As devil wan punish my balls, my phone had 1% battery and subsequently went off without my in-car charger in sight. I suffered that day. It was my worst day on earth.

Oyinbo people are very wicked, very heartless people. They were all driving by without offering me as little as "What is going on Mate?"

I now understand why white peoples commit suicide at every slightest issue cos they don't care about humans except dogs and cats.

I was there for 4hrs. I later decided to walk to any nearest town or city, o boy, i started this journey and the road seemed endless. I kept walking like a mad man on the road side until i saw a phone booth at the other side of the highway. Suddenly i saw a police car driving by as i was about to cross the highway, they looked at me while speeding by without making any effort to stop. I thought they couldn't stop cos of their speed but only for these foolish police men to show up at the phone booth and started telling me that i have committed a traffic offence under section and subsection ... I said what have i done? They said i crossed the highway which is illegal in UK. At that point in time, having committed an offence, i was happy cos i knew they ll arrest me and take me to their station where i would just call someone or get a taxi to my house while my Bail is being processed...

How i wish it all happened in Nigeria, Nigerians would have stopped and offered some help... Nigerians are good at that

M25 is the scariest place on earth to have car issues

I was completely stranded in amazon without any hope

Sorry abt that bro, I thought UK is one of the best countries to have a break down. Reason cos there are emergency phone booth every 2 miles on each side of the road. As to have someone stopped to help, that won't happen. Most people will think a professional help is on the way. So instead of waiting, you could have walked back or forward to the emergency phone booth.
Sorry, ignorance is obviously a disease. grin
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by belcom10(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
You could have seek for my help na;madam cry
Oyindidi:
Very lonely part along stadium road ph
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Sparklee(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mine was in a filling station.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Oyindidi(f): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
belcom10:
You could have seek for my help na;madam cry
It was in the night. Was coming from Aluu. It was scary cos the road is lonely and it was late.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by komek(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Adeniyi Adele end of 3rd mainland bridge by 11pm on a Sunday. Though God brought an angel to rescue me. But it was an experience I wud not want to go close to having again
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by lozanni(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
My cars Tyre was shredded by a sharp object on the road leading to Carter bridge, in front of Oba Idungarun, the Palace of the Oba of Lagos.
The above event occurred at about 9:15pm, on my way home from work. Before you could say, 'Jack', many strange guys sprung out from the darkness. Their leader ordered me go pay them 5k for me to be able to change my tires or else I will see the back of my head.
I think I gave them about 3k before they then assisted me to change my Tyre and then I drove off.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by wendy241(f): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
Tapout:

of course u came down, looked for a mechanic, repaired your car and continued your journey.. Cos only a very useless, stupid and idiotic bag of Di'ck balls with the brains of a dead chicken would step into that brothel, which I'm sure wasn't what u did.. Am I right? grin[color=#990000][/color
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by belcom10(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
Oyindidi:
It was in the night. Was coming from Aluu. It was scary cos the road is lonely and its late.
hmmm,i can imagine. sorry about that.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Marvinho: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2017
haven't experienced it...but sometimes i imagine the ordeal of a person whose car breakdown along Ondo-Ogun highway around that 10p.m..
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by wendy241(f): 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
Tapout:

of course u came down, looked for a mechanic, repaired your car and continued your journey.. Cos only a very useless, stupid and idiotic bag of Di'ck balls with the brains of a dead chicken would step into that brothel, which I'm sure wasn't what u did.. Am I right?

grin grin grin yeye

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
Aso rock main entrance gate, anyway my infiniti QX4 was just lifted and carry like a small carton to another location.. Una know which people go do that now
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by mrtayesynchro(m): 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
autojosh:
We put a lot of faith in our cars, but sometimes they can’t help but mess us up. Sure, the most convenient place for your car to breakdown is “Home”. However, they usually breakdown away from home.

I remember a friend who drove all the way from Yola in Adamawa State to Lagos and he didn’t have any issue until he lost a tyre after entering a pothole at Oshodi. You know what it’s like when your car Kaputs on the highway at Oshodi! “The home of obtainers”.

What about you? What is the worst place your car has ever broken down?

https://autojosh.com/whats-the-worst-place-your-car-has-ever-broken-down/

Baba my car had a flat tyre on third mainland at the adeniji end and I was with a client,I parked to change to spare tyre and as I was about jerking up my car suddenly this young tout appeared from no where offering to assist, but I declined knowing his mission and was beckoning on him to stay away from me as I didn't solicit for his assistance. Within a twinkle of an eye they became five in number with dangerous weapons. NB this was around 9am in the morning and other vehicles were passing bye minding their business not knowing what was happening,so they told me my money is 5000 naira,but I didn't remember buying anything from them!I the 5k was for owo omo ta ku, and the ordered me not to jerk up my vehicle unless I wanted them to attack me. My client was having a laptop, two Iphones,an ipad and his international passport and other valuables because we were on our way to the British high commission on Churchgate street,so as I was pleading and bargaining with them ti allow me change my tyres then one of them approached my client because he was with his bag containing his gadgets and valuables and some others in his pocket and was harassing him "oun tun da,oun run da" sizing him up from the trousers thereby trying to steal his valuables and my client is an ajebutter,he didn't understand what was happening and I being an omo Mushin ajina just flared up" ehen ni bo,iyalaya e ma Ku ni ni bayi se

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by RonJeremy: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
1am just about to climb 3rd mainland bridge heading to the island....... I had my "supermodel" mistress with me. Frankly not sure what scared me the most..... the potential rapists or what I'll tell my wife (that is if I am alive to tell the tell)...... But I witnessed the kindness of people same time.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by tripoli007(m): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Benin bye pass the propeller of the Nissan exterra got hooked .. Had to toe from Benin - ipaja Lagos .. 75k 2012 .. Still got robbed on getting to sagamu ,just after the toll gate .

2. Went on a date with a fine babe I met on Instagram .. After seeing movie at ICM ..11.30 pm and I don book hotel down already.. Na so my car no free start ,I was so embarrassed but can't let that kitty go.just entered a cab and went for the car d next day
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by ubox: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
At a U-turn in traffic
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by NLProblemChild(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
tosyne2much:
Peaujout 504 cool
go and sell it anc use the money to play 2 odd
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by mrtayesynchro(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
autojosh:
We put a lot of faith in our cars, but sometimes they can’t help but mess us up. Sure, the most convenient place for your car to breakdown is “Home”. However, they usually breakdown away from home.

I remember a friend who drove all the way from Yola in Adamawa State to Lagos and he didn’t have any issue until he lost a tyre after entering a pothole at Oshodi. You know what it’s like when your car Kaputs on the highway at Oshodi! “The home of obtainers”.

Baba my car had a flat tyre on third mainland at the adeniji end and I was with a client,I parked to change to spare tyre and as I was about jerking up my car suddenly this young tout appeared from no where offering to assist, but I declined knowing his mission and was beckoning on him to stay away from me as I didn't solicit for his assistance. Within a twinkle of an eye they became five in number with dangerous weapons. NB this was around 9am in the morning and other vehicles were passing bye minding their business not knowing what was happening,so they told me my money is 5000 naira,but I didn't remember buying anything from them!I the 5k was for owo omo ta ku, and the ordered me not to jerk up my vehicle unless I wanted them to attack me. My client was having a laptop, two Iphones,an ipad and his international passport and other valuables because we were on our way to the British high commission on Churchgate street,so as I was pleading and bargaining with them ti allow me change my tyres then one of them approached my client because he was with his bag containing his gadgets and valuables and some others in his pocket and was harassing him "oun tun da,oun run da" sizing him up from the trousers thereby trying to steal his valuables and my client is an ajebutter,he didn't understand what was happening and I being an omo Mushin ajina just flared up" ehen ni bo,iyalaya e ma Ku ni ibi bayi se" not minding what was gonna happen to me cos I was particular about my client so I told him to stay behind me and suddenly a Hausa mopol riding on okada was riding bye and I shouted Oga ole ole ole and flagged him down. That was our saving grace because if not for the mopol we would have been robbed, I explained to him and he waited for me to change my tyres! Imagine what the hoodlums told the mopol that they were only trying to help us.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by nerus419(m): 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mine broke down one day at mouth evarest and guess what...
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Maski87: 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Warning to osibanjo,that you have taken over government does not mean say na you get first lady,I no understand why you carry aisha go Ethiopia, abi you no get wife? If you touch that woman,thunda,go faya you
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by zaksmusa: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
autojosh:

at abuja lokoja express way all my tyres spine out
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2017
NLProblemChild:
go and sell it anc use the money to play 2 odd
2 odds sef no sure these days again ooo cheesy
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by kozmicity: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hmm...in front of where this cult boys dey smoke Igbo...It was around 10pm in the night and the #50,000 i withdrew since morning was still in my car...

To cut a long story short,"It wasn't funny"
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by NLProblemChild(m): 10:41pm On Jul 04, 2017
tosyne2much:
2 odds sef no sure these days again ooo cheesy
naso o bro
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Ashley86400: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
Papalanto.
I haven't passed that road since this particular event and I hope I never have to again.
Anyone who travels between Lagos to Ogun State,particularly Shagamu must know about the infamous Pappa road.
Our car broke down around 7pm on that cursed road . .it was scary as hell as people tend to not drive through there at night because of the bad road. It was eerily quite and to make matters worse ,the head lights of the car stopped working as the driver was trying to detect what was wrong with the car.
To cut the long story short, the car was eventually fixed around 10pm but the headlights still refused to come on so we had to drive through that messed up road in pitch darkness. .the driver had to drive at a snail pace to avoid colliding with the dangerous bumps framing the rough road. .one of the passengers provided a pocket torch but the light was not bright enough to penetrate the thick darkness. . thank heavens for the moon that night. .I don't know how we would have navigated our way through the night.
We got to Shagamu after 1am.
-It's fun getting scared, when you know it's not for real. .like the fear you feel when watching horror movies. Scary, but not real.
-Then there's the different type of fear- Fear of the unknown. Fear of the dark. Fear of knowing that any bad-intentioned person or wild animal (ok maybe I watch to much movies but it's been known to happen) could jump out of the bushes to attack you. .as we were literally sitting ducks inside that car. .with nowhere to run to in the dark if such happened. This kind of fear is real and bone chilling.
I hope no one experiences it.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Lloydfolarin: 11:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
yhemster:

Sorry abt that bro, I thought UK is one of the best countries to have a break down. Reason cos there are emergency phone booth every 2 miles on each side of the road. As to have someone stopped to help, that won't happen. Most people will think a professional help is on the way. So instead of waiting, you could have walked back or forward to the emergency phone booth.
Sorry, ignorance is obviously a disease. grin

I presumed you read my write up cos it was stated right there that i was at the phone booth when police car pull over. The police guys saw me while they were heading towards Gatwick/Heathrow airport but couldn't stop cos of their speed. I guess they went to the next roundabout to make their way towards me(The same way to London), by then, i was already at the other side of the road trying to use the phone booth.

They were shocked to see me at the other side of the road. They asked me how did i get to the other side of the highway? I told them that i crossed the highway and that was when they said it was an offence...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by 2horsePOWER(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2017
grin
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by yhemster(m): 12:52am On Jul 05, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

I presumed you read my write up cos it was stated right there that i was at the phone booth when police car pull over. The police guys saw me while they were heading towards Gatwick/Heathrow airport but couldn't stop cos of their speed. I guess they went to the next roundabout to make their way towards me(The same way to London), by then, i was already at the other side of the road trying to use the phone booth.

They were shocked to see me at the other side of the road. They asked me how did i get to the other side of the highway? I told them that i crossed the highway and that was when they said it was an offence...

From what you wrote, I presume you were uninformed abt those phonebooths. You claimed you were stranded for 4hrs while trying to seek help from those driving by.
My point is wherever car breaks down on the motorway and unfortunately the phone is dead, the next time to do is located the nearest emergency phone booth. They're on both side of the road, 2 miles apart on each side of the road.
Anyway, you're now know better.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Edum13656: 2:02am On Jul 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Of course, it was the grace of God. I was tipsy and when like that, I don't ever panic. I just held unto the wheel to keep it on a straight line ignoring the pedals until it came to a stop.

had a similar experience, mine was the front driver's side. I was even surprised at my self by how calm I remained.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Afonjashapmouth: 3:47am On Jul 05, 2017
Edum13656:

had a similar experience, mine was the front driver's side. I was even surprised at my self by how calm I remained.

Calmness gives you the chance to make the right decisions at that point.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by kennsville(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2017
3rd mainland bridge. Few mins past 5:am. Engine knock.

Can you Guess who towed the car to oworonshoki?

LASTMA OO. And it was without charge.

Never knew such could still happen here in naija. Especially lagos.
I was afraid at first that they were taking me to there office.

In my car was towed to ladipo. Changed the engine.
Re: Where Is The Worst Place Your Car Has Ever Broken Down? by Teeminjin(f): 5:52am On Jul 05, 2017
hakeem4:
That Ikorodu express road

So one guy wanted to help us rent battery. As I was following him one man in his own car just said I should be careful of these guys that most of them are robbers. I went back immediately and luckily th car started again

lol thank God for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OCI Foundation Rewards Partner, Dr. Epunam With Mercedes SUV / 300,000th G-class Rolls Out Of Production Line In Graz / What Is A Turbo Charged Engine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.