Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked (16607 Views)

Ohimai Amaize Flees Nigeria On Exile (Kakaaki Social Presenter) / NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki / See What Saraki says About Atiku US Trip Plan On AIT Online Kakaaki Morning Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Youngadvocate(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
This is not meant to incite, but to spur our minds to articulate the thought that lie therein.

I was part of the viewing audience of the Kakaaki, The African Voice anchored by both Saliamatu Ibrahim and Adora Onyechere, on African Independent Television, AIT, yesterday, July 4.

Since the programme had a talking point drafted to address the quagmire the country is gradually sliding into, I showed interest.

I had relaxed to follow the discussion led by the two anchors and three invited discussants, two Elder-statesmen from the North and one Professor of Banking and Finance from Michael Okpara University. unfortunately the power was interrupted.

By the time the power was restored, the programme had neared conclusion.

At the time, Saliamatu threw a question to one of the Northern Elders and I quote"...some say the North is afraid of Restructuring. Why is the North afraid of Restructuring?

He answered "...north what!...how can we be afraid of restructuring when we have Boko Haram?"

I have ever since sought to give this proper interpretation, but the more I try, the deeper I was thrown into limbo as to reconciling the sensitivity of the speech. And my wonder has been, was it a slip of tongue? Or an expression of reality.

Even Saliamatu sort of wore a countenance that looked bemoaned by the comment and wanted to seek further clarification before she was signaled to round-off.

My intent is to bring this to fore. I know many tuned into the programme and did hear the comment. And those who didn't could make use of AIT 'a social media platforms to verify.

Am I the only one who was struck by that statement? Or am I being over sensitive with a mindset conditioned by the current political happenings?

Let us discuss this Nigerians!!

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by niceprof: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2017
Wondering why you are surprised,if you are a southerner who has lived in the North ,you will understand the import of what he said.

A certain M. Buhari once said that an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North.

Do you understand now or do i translate it further?

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Youngadvocate(m): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
niceprof:
Wondering why you are surprised,if you are southerner who have lived in the North ,you will understand the import of what he said.

A certain M. Buhari once said that an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the North.

Do you understand now or do i translate it further?

Do we then conclude that Boko Haram is a machination of the north?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by etebefia: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
In my view the statement could mean two things:
When we have boko haram to fight against or
When we have boko haram to fight for the north.
Which ever one, the worst thing that can happen to any people is to co-habit with Hausa/Fulanis in one country (most especially the Fulanis)

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by limeta(f): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
Youngadvocate:

Do we then conclude that Boko Haram is a machination of the north?

Yes

24 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Elmojiid(m): 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
this one weak me o...i av to faint...it is a must for me to faint for this one,aye le o iboosi.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Boyooosa(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
WITHOUT MINCING HIS WORDS WITH SENTIMENT, I THINK WHAT HE MEANT WAS THAT THEY HAVE A GREATER PROBLEM (BOKO HARAM - SAY AND DO) TO CONTEND WITH, SO WHY SHOULD THEY BE BOTHERED WITH TOOTHLESS BULLDOGS?

tonio2wo:

So who/what is/are the toothless bulldog? The restructuring?

Because I dont see the correlation of the question he was asked, the answer he gave and this daft defence u put up! undecided
My explanation goes thus:
Approaching the ones that are intelligent from your questions; 1, the toothless bulldogs… I believe you know the meaning of that phrase but using it in my comment, literary means ‘a people that make noise, threaten, frighten and and eventually chicken out’ (Just like Tuface in the last struggle). Why I used it to qualify the handlers or sponsors of ‘restructuring’ is because 1, they have done a lot of such moves in the past and chickened out, they failed. And 2, they targeted the struggle of ‘self determination’ going on within Igbos and their mumu followers, so as to pretend as if they know what they want or they have the brilliant solution to Nigeria’s problem but honestly, they can only bark but cant bite!
The main 2, you made mention of Restructuring; I want to assume here that you understand the meaning of restructuring and if you don’t, make use of ur online dictionary. Using it in my comment or otherwise, the context is that, restructuring is a perfect suggestion to fine-tuning the various differences we are faced with in Nigeria from different quarters ranging from the issues of marginalization, secession, resource control, sharing formula to federalism (i.e federal character). But the challenge we have is that, Nigerians have a nature of making noise behind the door and shut down immediately the door is opened, we don’t always seem to know what we want.
And conclusively, any reasonable person will be scared of ‘Real Nightmare’ than a ‘Mere Frightener ‘ or ‘Noisy Fairy Tale’. ‘Boko Haram’ issue has turned to a thorn in the flesh of the Northerners and Nigeria entirely, so the Northerners will be forced to answer the question of BH before they attend to any other of the aforementioned uproars. May God bless Nigeria!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Deedeedee3: 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
I believe the man never expected such question, that was why he replied like that.
Core north are scared of restructuring.
This is a fact!!
The cry for restructuring is no more needed, as many of us want disintegration.
Final!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Youngadvocate(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, pls, take this to front page. Let Nigerians have a meaningful discussion on this

1 Like

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by chemicalDisease: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2017
Elmojiid:
this one weak me o...i av to faint...it is a must for me to faint for this one,aye le o iboosi.

Shift make I join u faint bro!

7 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Ifyone123(f): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
the third guy jst spoke my mind with the embolded....but if they have bokoharam to fight against, tot somone said boko boys ar defeated?

4 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Igboesika: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Why am I sharing this country with animals for goodness sake ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by psucc(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Whatever others will tell seemingly to correct that reply, I tell you that the guy gave the best honest reply.

The elites will try to galvanize that stand as they did with the Igbo Quit Notice but the cat has already been let out of the bag. He who have ears let him hear.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Ifyone123(f): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
chemicalDisease:

Shift make I join u faint bro!
help me shift ur leg small...u dey block space for me to follow una faint

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by fyneguy: 7:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
Machination of the North that is killing northerners? crap!

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by chemicalDisease: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ifyone123:
help me shift ur leg small...u dey block space for me to follow una faint

OK, remain for my sister, she's on her to com and faint too.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Debaddest(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
They have Bokoharam, and so shall it remain for them...

#Aboki

3 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
It seems you don't know that Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries are the ones funding ISIS??

Lol...

What's your proof? You don't joke with stuffs like this. This is more than just a Nairaland thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Larryfest(m): 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
Not to sound like am defending the statement or wateva cos i don't really know what was going on in his head at that particular time but he might actually meant that they also want restructuring cos they too face the menace of Boko haram and want a way out but if he actually meant another thing then Book haram is der creation tru tru.

7 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Ifyone123(f): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
chemicalDisease:

OK, remain for my sister, she's on her to com and faint too.
U sure say e go enter us? ok make she dey com but I hear say many people won join d fainting abi make we relocate enter Nou camp so enough space go dey....wetin u tink?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
It seems you don't know that Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries are the ones funding ISIS??

Lol...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
OrestesDante:

What's your proof? You don't joke with stuffs like this. This is more than just a Nairaland thing

Seems you are stucked with Buhari and Nigerian news?

I wouldn't lecture you because you won't understand... go back and read deeper, you will know deeper.

FYI: All mosslems are all potential terrorists!!

Sorry if you are one, your religion is truly a religion of piss!!

9 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by chemicalDisease: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ifyone123:
U sure say e go enter us? ok make she dey com but I hear say many people won join d fainting abi make we relocate enter Nou camp so enough space go dey....wetin u tink?

Ok tell the fainters that its first come first serve.
Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Seems you are stucked with Buhari and Nigerian news?

I wouldn't lecture you because you won't understand... go back and read deeper, you will know deeper.

FYI:[s] All mosslems are all potential terrorists!!
[/s]

Sorry if you are one, your religion is truly a religion of piss!!

Mr Bush boy!

Sorry to burst your bubble I'm not a Muslim.

And you're obviously not in the best fit to lecture me. Cos you're not a critical thinker. You're a blame-it upon kinda person.

Quit blabbing!!

6 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
OrestesDante:

Mr Bush boy!

Sorry to burst your bubble I'm not a Muslim.

And you're obviously not in the best fit to lecture me. Cos you're not a critical thinker. You're a blame-it upon kinda person.

I wonder what critical thinkers have done to stop those issllamic pigs from killing and bombing??

Who else should I blame for the bokoharam, ISIS, etc?

You I guess?

Devil?

Give me suggestions or you piss off my face!!

I repeat... All moozelems are Terrorists!!

11 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by madridguy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
After considering rate at which people look for where to faint these days, I've decided to open a fainting center below are the categories and price:

Fainting on the bed: 2k
Fainting on the staircase: 4k
Fainting from a storeyed building:7k
Fainting on top of okada: 8k
Fainting on tarred road: 9.5k

In case your desired fainting space isn't here keep calm the business just started and we're still making provision for more...

Thanks for your patronage ���

#share in your group chats and to your friends so that where to faint won't be a problem anymore

Especially those who always say *pls shift lemme faint*

chemicalDisease:

Ok tell the fainters that its first come first serve.

Elmojiid:

6 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by amanda2013(f): 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Thìs one is deep

1 Like

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

I wonder what critical thinkers have done to stop those issllamic pigs from killing and bombing??

You I guess?

Devil?

grin okay. I piss off
Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by LordCrimson(m): 7:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

You I guess?

Devil?

Easy bro,I've got some nice Muslim friends who wouldn't hurt a fly unjustly even if given a chance,Generalizing this is quite unfair.......My 2 nickel though!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by jakandeola(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

You I guess?

Devil?

october 1
Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by givbitcoin: 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
[s]
Youngadvocate:
This is not meant to incite, but to spur our minds to articulate the thought that lie therein.

I was part of the viewing audience of the Kakaaki, The African Voice anchored by both Saliamatu Ibrahim and Adora Onyechere, on African Independent Television, AIT, yesterday, July 4.

Since the programme had a talking point drafted to address the quagmire the country is gradually sliding into, I showed interest.

I had relaxed to follow the discussion led by the two anchors and three invited discussants, two Elder-statesmen from the North and one Professor of Banking and Finance from Michael Okpara University. unfortunately the power was interrupted.

By the time the power was restored, the programme had neared conclusion.

At the time, Saliamatu threw a question to one of the Northern Elders and I quote"...some say the North is afraid of Restructuring. Why is the North afraid of Restructuring?

He answered "...north what!...how can we be afraid of restructuring when we have Boko Haram?"

I have ever since sought to give this proper interpretation, but the more I try, the deeper I was thrown into limbo as to reconciling the sensitivity of the speech. And my wonder has been, was it a slip of tongue? Or an expression of reality.

Even Saliamatu sort of wore a countenance that looked bemoaned by the comment and wanted to seek further clarification before she was signaled to round-off.

My intent is to bring this to fore. I know many tuned into the programme and did hear the comment. And those who didn't could make use of AIT 'a social media platforms to verify.

Am I the only one who was struck by that statement? Or am I being over sensitive with a mindset conditioned by the current political happenings?

Let us discuss this Nigerians!!

[/s]

Cooked up story.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened On AIT Kakaaki, The African Voice, Yesterday...am Still Shocked by StOla: 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
You interpreted his response based on your own preconceived opinion.

He simply means the scourge of boko haram which is reality, is more scary than the unknown fear of the consequences of restructuring.

No matter how you dice it, boko haram terror has more Northern and Muslim casualties than Southerners who are resident in the North.

The Northern leadership condoned it when they felt they would use it as a bargaining chip, only for it to spiral out of control and engulfed their own abode. Same way South East politicians condoned IPOB activities, hoping when it turns to a bargaining chip, they would be prepared to cash in on the political returns thereof, like the SouthSouth politicians did with militancy. However, what the SouthEast politicians did not count on was the Kaduna declaration, that has suddenly made all the blind and deaf politicians and elders from the SouthEast to begin to caution the utterances and activities of IPOB.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Demola Seriki, Sharafa Ishola Top List Of Ambassadors / Nigeria Spends N4.62 Trillion On Security In 5 Years, Yet Widespread Insecurity / "I Never Said APC Is Responsible For Nigerians Suffering" - Okorocha Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.