Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,031 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award (4955 Views)

BREAKING!!! Biafra Wins Nigeria At US Court; Sue For Damages [14th January Upda / If Jonathan Wins Nigeria Is Doomed / Jonathan Wins Nigeria's Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by adigun101: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
metal-gong:

At least with the above imbecillic ranting, you have showed the world that Obi has small mentality while you have a BIG mentality. What a dunce!
Whether you like it or not, Peter Obi remains the best Governor Anambra state had seen. He is doing the work Anambrarians elected him to do and he doesnt need to advertise it on the pages of newspaper for your type to see.
If you want to know the reason why he is the darling of the press and why he has been accruing different leadership awards, then go down to Anambra state and ask the common men and women.
Peter Obi's only crime is the delivery of good governance to Anambrarians and the insulation of the greedy elites out of Anamra treasury.
I know I am a dunce but I can understand pictures. Show me the pictures.
If not you are a gullible Id!ot.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by newdeal(m): 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2010

Peter Obi's only crime is the delivery of good governance to Anambrarians and the insulation of the greedy elites out of Anamra treasury.

No truer words were ever spoken. I still remember vividly the battles he faced with some prominent politicians, industrialists, contractors and thier footsoldiers, [touts] who were in control of the channels and thus the bulk of internally generated revenue from the state, when he began to introduce measures to regulate activities of motor parks and markets in the state. He came on air to name names and gave a full details of what transpired in the meetings he had with the self appointed 'market and parks leaders.' They told him pointblank to take his eyes off those areas and he refused. This was in late 2007. None of them came out to refute him, rather they resorted to using the army of jobless touts around to cause mayhem in the state.
Not to talk of the ANIDS which incoporate the framwork of his mission and vision for the state, and how he religiously kept to his pre-electoral promises to Anambra. He chose performance above politics.

Among the three top contenders, Peter Obi stands out of the park, even though I think he is too forthright, too strict {maybe because of his private sector background} to be a 'good politician',[i][/i] which is what Ngige is, hence his popularity!  Soludo {due respects to his credentials} at best is a pawn, as far as this race is concerned.

If Obi fails in this election, it is not that he lacked the means or honesty of purpose to get the job done, it is that the vultures he displaced have regrouped and are back, in which case, it will be welcome to business as usual for Anambra state.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by MrCrackles(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hahahaha. . .
Most trustworthy Governor shocked grin
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2010
I tire o
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by chosen04(f): 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
RichyBlacK:

How can that clueless rogue win "most trustworthy governor" when there are far more trustworthy governors around? Uselessness in high places!

slimghost:

@Ritchyblack
your father is a clueless rogue, infact u r an inbred son of a retard.

RichyBlacK:

@slimghost,

Thank you, but why did your mother offer herself to be ra.ped by hyenas to conceive you? It doesn't make sense to me. Please explain. A.sswipe!

slimghost:

@ritchyblack
I guess this is all u could do with your sorryass life. Honestly dude, u sound like an orphan. grin grin embarassed
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by sjeezy8: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ojukwu and I talked it over we decided that Obi needed to be awarded because he needs this last minute award to go up against Soludo.

ngige i convinced him to adopt the small boy and name him sjeezychukwu
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by RichyBlacK(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
slimghost:

@ritchyblack
I guess this is all u could do with your sorryass life. Honestly dude, u sound like an orphan. grin grin embarassed

@slimghost,

Orphan? At least my parents are human, but you on the other hand were conceived by gay hyenas forced against their wishes to ra.pe your half-gorilla mother.

May God forgive your sins.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Meldrick(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
slimghost:

Only a fool would call Peter Obi a non performing Governor. Even Ngige himself has agreed that Obi has construted more roads than his Government and pls people tell me the difference btw 3 and 4 years? We in Anambra, know whom we are going to vote for, so enuff of these funny claims and counter claims.

And only a fool we forget the fact that everyone is entitled to his opinion on this issue.
Only a fool will try to impose his opinion on others.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by kizie: 3:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
what of Fashola? Trustworthy Gov award as in what? all the best in next weeks selection (election sori)
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by onyengbu1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
Only a fool would call Peter Obi a non performing Governor. Even Ngige himself has agreed that Obi has construted more roads than his Government and pls people tell me the difference btw 3 and 4 years? We in Anambra, know whom we are going to vote for, so enuff of these funny claims and counter claims.

When and where did Ngige agree that Obi constructed more roads than him. Just let us see it.

For your information, what Peter Obi Lists as roads constructed will not pass rehabilitation test let alone construction.
All you Peter Obi supporters, can you tell us why Peter Obi expelled RCC (which Ngige used) and started using hoax contractors like Pachuks (his friend) and Paul B for constructions.
How can any one of you compare a road constructed by RCC and that constructed by Pachuks (who has not obviously done any other construction outside anambra). Pachuks and peter Obi is killing development in anambra with the kind of roads they are constructing for anambra. none lasts more than 6 months before you start seeing potholes.

If Peter Obi wants to measure the length of his roads with that of Ngige, he should first tell us why he sent RCC parking.

This is just on roads alone. . . . . Peter Obi is no saint, stop beatifying him.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
newdeal:

No truer words were ever spoken. I still remember vividly the battles he faced with some prominent politicians, industrialists, contractors and thier footsoldiers, [touts] who were in control of the channels and thus the bulk of internally generated revenue from the state, when he began to introduce measures to regulate activities of motor parks and markets in the state. He came on air to name names and gave a full details of what transpired in the meetings he had with the self appointed 'market and parks leaders.' They told him pointblank to take his eyes off those areas and he refused. This was in late 2007. None of them came out to refute him, rather they resorted to using the army of jobless touts around to cause mayhem in the state.
Not to talk of the ANIDS which incoporate the framwork of his mission and vision for the state, and how he religiously kept to his pre-electoral promises to Anambra. He chose performance above politics.

Among the three top contenders, Peter Obi stands out of the park, even though I think he is too forthright, too strict {maybe because of his private sector background} to be a 'good politician',[i][/i] which is what Ngige is, hence his popularity! Soludo {due respects to his credentials} at best is a [b]pawn, as far as this race is concerned. [/b]

If Obi fails in this election, it is not that he lacked the means or honesty of purpose to get the job done, it is that the vultures he displaced have regrouped and are back, in which case, it will be welcome to business as usual for Anambra state.

I agree with all you said except the highlighted. Soludo's not a 'pawn' . . infact if you ask me, he's the only one that truly hold's the ace! Nige might have the political strength and Obi might have ANIDS, but it's Soludo that keeps them both up at night night.

But Is till cannot forget how Obi bragged that he can acheive all he wants in four years. That after four years, he'll leave and go take care of his family. The guy's two-faced and that's my problem with him.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by onyengbu1(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ujujoan:

But Is till cannot forget how Obi bragged that he can acheive all he wants in four years. That after four years, he'll leave and go take care of his family. The guy's two-faced and that's my problem with him.

. . . . he also said he will enlist his own children in anambra schools.

where are they now?
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by bobokelly(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ok oh, this is strategy of 2nd time campaign , i guess the local champion newspaper or whatever has collected a lot of Ghana must go from Gov. Obi, sure embarassed embarassed
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by metalgong5(m): 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
onye_ngbu:

. . . . he also said he will enlist his own children in anambra schools.

where are they now?
Were his children living in Anambra state before he was elected? . . . .
Ooh! Now I remember, you want to kidnap his kids and make some money. grin

A vote for Peter Obi ~~~ Good governance
A vote for Ngige      ~~~   Resurrection of Okija Shrine and Amala politics
A vote for Soludo    ~~~   Invitation of PDP gangsterism and Okija Shrine imbroglio.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2010
^^^ he's a public servant for God's sake. The fact that he is not using public facilities shows he's a hypocrite. Not that such things mean anything to us in Nigeria sha, but until the people in powere starts using the public infrastructure, they'll never truly feel the problems that exist!

You know he also said he's step down from office if he didn't create employment for . . was it 10000 youths? Anyway, the point is that the guys claims to be a saint when we all know he's not! I'll still vote for him anyway because he's the Devil I know . . .
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by metalgong5(m): 9:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ujujoan:

^^^ he's a public servant for God's sake. The fact that he is not using public facilities shows he's a hypocrite. Not that such things mean anything to us in Nigeria sha, but until the people in powere starts using the public infrastructure, they'll never truly feel the problems that exist!

You know he also said he's step down from office if he didn't create employment for  . .  was it 10000 youths? Anyway, the point is that the guys claims to be a saint when we all know he's not! I'll still vote for him anyway because he's the Devil I know . . .

Uju, which public facilities are you talking about? His kids were not even schooling in Nigeria before he was elected.
More over, Obi has paid more attention to  Anambra education sector than his predecessors. Inaddition, he never claimed to be a saint;however, he is far more honest than the other candidates. At least, Anambrarians have waved bye bye to Okija Shrine patrons and PDP gangsters.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Devonian(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
Really, what's the difference between the figures on his balance sheet just before assuming office, and at the time of awarding him Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor? In other words, how much has this man's assets changed between then time he assumed office and now. This should help all and sundry evaluate the level of this 'so-called' trustworthiness.
Cheers mate!!!
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by Mekusxyz: 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
I guess now Obi is more trustworthy than Fasola. Hahahah! Tinubu don expose Fasola's idi grin grin grin grin
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2010
Most Trustworthy Governor my behind, please let's hear something better.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by PurestBoy(m): 1:29am On Feb 02, 2010
most untrustworthy they mean
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by metalgong5(m): 1:39am On Feb 02, 2010
PurestBoy:

most untrustworthy they mean

I guess you have read all the alleged crimes of Gov Fashola which was recently published in some Nigerian dailies. In such manner, I expect you to make bold and publish the crimes of Gov Obi so that the world can see. All men can never be the same!

Peter Obi is the man.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by slimghost(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2010
Please oooooooooo, let anybody list the sins of Obi 4 me right here and i swear i will jump ships now. am waiting,
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by KGREAT(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2010
nawao, who on earth is giving this type of award self.na campaigh strategy.Leave this rubish angry  angry  angry  angry
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by frank0021: 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2010
i don believe none of the govenors dey are ALL THIEFS,
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by flyuche(m): 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
Awka is still looking like a village.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
Let the best man win-if Iwu will agree.
None of them is perfect just like you and me.
As for Obi-man of the people-he is trying but I think he is very quiet.

As for Ngige,he is never my Governor but a criminal.You can not steal and use the same
loot you stole from me to placate me;remember when Anene the criminal was throwing stolen
money to market women in Benin,the same people condemmed him when he was arrested.
If you had heard Ngige's confessinos and press realeases then;how he did not go to Okija shirine
for oath and convenant with Uba and Chuma and
later agreed he did,how Chuma slapped me and my Oga (Uba) begged me not to tell baba(Obj),how
they all swore before the Bishop and later do things they swore against,how
he this and that,then you will know he has no intergrity to hold a public office anywhere in the world.

For Soludo,joining that party shows he still want us Anambrarians to suffer-if you are clean,you do
not join the pigs to play.
As for Uche,they know why they put her there-their option C.
And Anddy-option B-God forbid he wins.Not only that he will cross carpet to that party,he will continue
the part 2 of their movie with his brother Chris and SHOW us the Anambrarians.

Whatever you sow you reap,therefore let injustice meet anybody who supports it,let blood shed visits those
killing in and for the election,let those using our jobless youths as thugs have all their family members as thugs
let bad things meet those engineering bad in Anambra election,let those rigging the election have their lives rigged
And the children of God say AMEN.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by slimghost(m): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
@OKEYCHIVIV

Well said bro. i have said it countless times that we in Anambra know what happened and is still happening here. Ngige's incredibility is irritating, and so is Andy Uba's as well as Ekwunife's. As for soludo and Obi, we have nothing against them yet and thats why i feel this election is a fight btw the two of them.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by freecitiz: 12:06am On Feb 03, 2010
this is de most ridiculous publication I hv read so far dis yr.what's de credibility of champs newspaper in that their award,hv they done such award b4?the timing of it exposes the intention.fools they hv given their readers reason not to believe anything they read from them.thwarts!
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 9:14am On Feb 03, 2010
Thanks slimghost-
"Ka onye di,umunna ya malu ya".
What I have for Soludo is his party.
Let all of us go to Anambra come Sarturday
and ELECT the leader we want ie if you are from there.
Please do not sell your vote,do not seat on the fence,
cast yours and make sure its counted;and follow your conscience
while doing that.My candidate is PETER OBI,who is yours-vote him.Anambra ga-adiriri mma in Jesus name-amen.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by GeorgeD1(m): 11:29am On Feb 04, 2010
i hope this award will help him secure a second term.
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by idifu(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2010
lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Re: Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award by idifu(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
what has he done to deserve the award, it's a shame we don't celebrate good in this country we only celebrate evil.
what has Obi done to the ppl of his state to deserve such an award?
ok i get it he deserves an award for impoverishing his own people ?
someone should pls mention or name one "significant "achievement by Obi or Fashola, or all of the state govs in the entire country?
they are all notin but thieves , their mode of operation is similar to that of armed robbers.
they have stolen all of our monies, our rights ,everything that belongs to us, we are left with nothing but to hate on each other , kill each other like they did in Jos,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money / Video, Photos: PDP Youths Protest Over Unpaid Rally Attendance Fee / As Nigerians Rush Abroad, Foreign Tourists Storm Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.