Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money (4943 Views)

Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? / Unemployed Youths And Students Stop Uduaghan Birth Day Celebration Shut Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
For all those bottom lickers, please see how Uduaghan spends Delta state's money, and yet he is expecting to be voted back in. When will Deltans wake up and smell the ogogoro. This is too much. #650BN and nothing to show for it.

Please read

REPORTER. 23/07/2010 14:37:00
PHOTO: THE FORD EXPEDITION SUV ALLEGEDLY GIVEN TO CHIEF EDWIN KIAGBODO CLARK BY DELTA STATE GOVERNOR EMMANUEL UDUAGHAN.

ASABA, July 23, (THEWILL) – A Ford Expedition King Ranch EST 1853 SUV (see photo) allegedly presented to outspoken octogenarian elder statesman, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark by Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan as a birthday present is currently generating controversies between the Clark group and the government camp.

The car gift which Chief Clark tagged Greek gift was said to have been transmitted to the foremost Ijaw national leader through one Dr. Mike Oberabor, an outspoken critic of the Uduaghan administration.

Just last week Governor Uduaghan gave 27 cars (SUV) to 29 members of the state House Assembly leaving Hon. Abel Oshevire, representing Ughelli constituency 11 and Hon. Friday Onodjae, representing Ughelli constituency out of it, following their political affiliation to Uduaghan’s political opponent, a former Secretary to the State Government (SSG) during Chief James Ibori's administration, Chief Ovie Omo-Agege.

In a press statement signed by Clark's Political Adviser, Chief Ominimini Chris Obiuwevbi, made available to THEWILL today, the elder statesman said he rejected the birthday present because he regarded it as a "Greek gift" and with his position in the politics of Delta State, he had no other option than to reject the birthday present.

According to the elder statesman accepting the gift may be seen as a sign of betrayal of trust to his teeming supporters across the state.

The Statement reads: "On Thursday, July 22, 1010 at about 3.30pm, some persons in the name of the Delta State Government brought an unregistered Expedition new Ford Jeep into the compound of Chief E’K Clark in Asokoro, Abuja.

"One of the persons later came to inform Chief Clark that the car was a birthday gift from Governor Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan of Delta State.

"While Chief Clark expressed his gratitude to Uduaghan for this kind gesture, he wished to state categorically that this ‘Greek gift’ is unacceptable considering his stand on the state of political affairs in Delta State and the misrepresentation of fact this "Greek gift’ may raise from his teeming supporters, followers and the Delta State Elders, Leaders and Stakeholders Forum of which he is their national leader.

"Chief Clark has therefore rejected this Greek Gift publicly in order to put the records straight and dispel any rumour that may arise out of this unsolicited gift."

Reacting, some prominent Deltans noted that the rejection of the gift was in order considering that elections are around the corner.

For Dr. Richard Tosanwumi, Chairman, National Central Working Committee of the Delta State Elders, Leaders and Stakeholders Forum, "It is not surprising to hear that Dr. Uduaghan has offered Chief EK Clark a car bribe because of 2011 guber elections in Delta state. He is very desperate to retain the governor’s seat but clearly the odds are against him.

"Chief Clark knows how best to deal with this matter in the present circumstances as our national leader. For us in the opposition, Uduaghan’s time up. He should pack his bag and leave government house after his disastrous rule. We are fed up with the looting of our treasury by the cabal he now leads. Deltans will not be deceived again. Chief Clark is a man of integrity and honour."

Commenting, 2007 Delta State Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) governorship candidate, Comrade Emmanuel Odafe Igbini said, "It’s strictly PDP affair. It is traditional for governors and Presidents of PDP and political parties to send gifts to their godfathers and leaders. If he rejected it, he has his reasons."

Also, Prince Obaro Unuafe, former state Chairman of Progressive Peoples Alliance asked, "What is wrong in the benevolence of a jeep to Chief EK Clark, one of our foremost elders who has contributed so much to the development of the Niger Delta region? After all, Delta State legislators and other aides of the governor have recently been given exotic jeeps. Have their contributions to state’s developments been as much as that of respected Chief?"

In a swift reaction this evening in government house, Asaba, Governor Uduaghan denied giving a car gift or present to Chief Clark.

According to Uduaghan who spoke through his Communications Manager, Mr. Paul Odili, "The EK Clark Foundation sometime ago wrote to the governor for support and persuaded by the ideals of the Foundation, a donation of N18 million was made to it.

"The governor did not know whether the Foundation decided to buy a car with the money for the octogenarian elder statesman or not. The governor did not buy any car for Clark. The car displayed by E.K Clark did not come from the governor," he stressed.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/5319-Clark-Rejects-Uduaghans-BDay-Car-Gift-Didnt-Give-Him-Any-Car---Uduaghan.html
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2010
Shocking that no one is alarmed by this. I guess as usual with us Nigerians it is business as usual. A Governor uses states funds to buy expensive jeeps cars for 27 state House Assembly members, and no body sees anything wrong with that.

where did he get the money, should be the first question everyone should be asking. Where is EFCC?

I am convinced that 2011 will not be any different fron 2001. I tire for Nigeria
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Monkeyleg
The truth is Uduaghan is one of the best performing state Governors. Warri changed outstandingly under his leadership.
You are quick to show the car he bought for Clark.

How about Delta's new transport system which has 350 airconditioned buses that have given succour to the numerous Deltans.
How about the fact that Delta state now has one of the best teaching hospitals in all of Africa?
How about the fact that Warri and other cities in Delta are now completely lit up 12 hours nonstop every night?
How about the fact that there are hardly any potholes in all trunk A roads in the state??
How about the fact that crime has reduced drastically despite the state having by far the highest number of illegal arms in the country?
How about the Warri Industrial Business Park and the Koko Free Trade Zone both of which are in progression?
How about the new Asaba airport and the numerous other infrastructure projects going on in the state?

My take is that you are an Urhobo tribalist. I will be suprised if you are Anioma. The simple fact that Uduaghan is from the minority Itsekiri tribe is enough to make you hate on him. I'm not from Delta state but I understand the politics there. It is a very difficult state to govern and yet the Governor was able to deliver a little. I'm not trying to hold brief for Uduaghan, but I think it is disgusting the way tribalist Urhobos speak about his performance.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
Uduaghan did absolutely nothing. I am from Delta state and understand the politics very well, probably more than you do. I will not be bought over by cheap tricks. So Uduaghan did a bit of white wash, we then call him a hero.

And by the way, if a governor spends #100's of millions of Naira (most likely state fund) buying SUV cars for members of the house of assembly, the big question should be, where did he get the money from. The man is a damn thief.

I think you really need to go and find out what a really good teaching hospital looks are feels like, that sham in his brothers village bears no resemblance to excellence, just another rattly old banger in new clothes.

God help us if we can not as a people shake ourselves away from these cheap ogogoro and garri politics. And if you dont know it, even his own Itsekiri people think he is the worst thing since gonorrhea
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2010
monkeyleg:

Uduaghan did absolutely nothing. I am from Delta state and understand the politics very well, probably more than you do. I will not be bought over by cheap tricks. So Uduaghan did a bit of white wash, we then call him a hero.

And by the way, if a governor spends #100's of millions of Naira (most likely state fund) buying SUV cars for members of the house of assembly, the big question should be, where did he get the money from. The man is a damn thief.

[b]I think you really need to go and find out what a really good teaching hospital looks are feels like, that sham in his brothers village bears no resemblance to excellence, [/b]just another rattly old banger in new clothes.

God help us if we can not as a people shake ourselves away from these cheap ogogoro and garri politics. And if you dont know it, even his own Itsekiri people think he is the worst thing since gonorrhea

Oh surely, you haven't been to the hospital. If you've been there, you would gladly recant your speech. The hospital is currently the best and most equipped hospital in Nigeria.

I thought you would dispute some of the things I mentioned in the list above. If you know any other Governor in all of Nigeria except Fashola and maybe Amaechi who have performed as good as Uduaghan, please mention!
Also, if you know any other politician who would perform better than Uduaghan in Delta state, please mention. The names I hear of as those interested in the seat are a sorry bunch. I hear of Omo Agege. I hear of Kpopogri. I hear of Bradus. If these are the people you would choose over Uduaghan, then I feel sorry for you and your Delta state.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Papabrowne,

You dont get it. I am not in the business of comparing my state with others. I have often said on the forum , that all should go and hold thier state governors reponsible. Maybe you feel Uduaghan has done well. But were I am concerned, he has been a monunetal failure, and I am not about to approve whitewash projects as successes.

And more importantly, I dont get it, where a governor does the job the people pay him to do, Get this right WE Pay his SALARY, He is accoutable to the state, to US, runs off and spend 100's of millions of state funds on new cars for assembly members, because elections is around the corner. Like I said, good people of Delta are begining to see through the fraud of a governor, and can see that what people like you are calling success are shallow and hollow meaningless projects.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2010
Ok. You tell me what it is you would define as success. What kind of projects would your ideal Governor engage in? Or are you the type that wants the Governor to put food on peoples tables? Or to share money the DESOPADEC way? The projects I have outlined are by no means whitewashed. They are projects that have placed Delta State as one of the best places to live in Nigeria, despite the presence of a huge number of militants.

On the issue of comparing with other states, there is something called peer review mechanism. The only ways to assess performance is either via peer review or resouces audit. If you use you own personal expectations to assess performance then I am sorry, you have a lot to learn.

Also, please let me know the candidates you would like to replace Uduaghan with? Which candidates do you know in Delta state that have some credibility. I would like to know??
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by adconline(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
How about Delta's new transport system which has 350 airconditioned buses that have given succour to the numerous Deltans.
How about the fact that Delta state now has one of the best teaching hospitals in all of Africa?
How about the fact that Warri and other cities in Delta are now completely lit up 12 hours nonstop every night?
How about the fact that there are hardly any potholes in all trunk A roads in the state??
How about the fact that crime has reduced drastically despite the state having by far the highest number of illegal arms in the country?
How about the Warri Industrial Business Park and the Koko Free Trade Zone both of which are in progression?
How about the new Asaba airport and the numerous other infrastructure projects going on in the state?

Throwing up some numbers. One of the best teaching hospitals in Africa? A figment of your imagination.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 11:09pm On Jul 24, 2010
adconline:

Throwing up some numbers. One of the best teaching hospitals in Africa? A figment of your imagination.

Have you been there?? I said and I repeat it that it is the best teaching hospital in Africa in terms of structures and facilities.
If you know anyone in Africa that is better, please let me know its name.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by otokx(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2010
Best teaching what?

has the asaba airport recorded any flight?

what about the ughelli - asaba dualization that is in limbo courtesy of setraco?
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by adconline(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2010
Have you been there?? I said and I repeat it that it is the best teaching hospital in Africa in terms of structures and facilities.

I dont blame you when you get your information from Delta State Broadcasting Service which by your imagination is the best and biggest TV/Radio network in Nigeria and NTA which is the largest TV network in Africa according to NTA propaganda and your figment of imagination.
Just take a look at this website.
http://hospitals.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa

CONTINENT RANK HOSPITAL COUNTRY WORLD RANK

1 Angal Hospital 665

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Gambro Healthcare 850

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Netcare Group 899

4 Institut Pasteur de Madagascar 1,107

5 Ecwa Evangel Hospital 1,620

6 Medi Clinic Private Group Hospital 1,814

7 The Aga Khan Hospitals 1,815

Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Becomrich0: 6:16pm On Jul 25, 2010
here is another in delta state.

Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Becomrich0: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2010
issele Mkpitime is not an Igbo name,  so how can those people be delta igbos.? look at owa, izarra, Abvo, those are no igbo names? they are Benin names.  my research started when i read an article on NVS, when a young nigeria said that Ohaneze president Raph Uwaechue was telling a lie.

I now ran a seach on the Ohaneze president, and I discovered that Raph Uwaechue was the biafra republic  Ambassador to france. Then I got to know they were making up some of this story, 

And they were using propaganda for many years,

The reason why the igbos must have started sending wrong information to google earth, is because people were going to discover the truth, so they started rename other ethnics group after igbos names on google earth.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
adconline:

I dont blame you when you get your information from Delta State Broadcasting Service which by your imagination is the best and biggest TV/Radio network in Nigeria and NTA which is the largest TV network in Africa according to NTA propaganda and your figment of imagination.
Just take a look at this website.
http://hospitals.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa
CONTINENT RANK HOSPITAL COUNTRY WORLD RANK        
1 Angal Hospital  665    
2 Gambro Healthcare  850    
3 Netcare Group  899    
4 Institut Pasteur de Madagascar  1,107    
5 Ecwa Evangel Hospital  1,620    
6 Medi Clinic Private Group Hospital  1,814    
7 The Aga Khan Hospitals  1,815    

@adconline
Please collect back all the tuition fees you paid, because your lecturers didn't teach right!! From what I see here,you wasted money.
If you read my post again, you would see that I stated clearly "best teaching hospital" and the criteria I used is "facilities and structures".The hospitals you've listed, are they teaching hospitals? ? Now you really do need to go back to school.
Secondly, the hospital in question was commissioned last month, so using an outdated webometrics ranking discredits your post automatically.

Pay a visit there and in a second , your opinions would change instantly.

Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Papabrowne,

Showing me one senseless whitewash project, does not answer my question. Why did the state governor spend Delta state money buying SUV cars for 27 house of Assembly member. We can easyly put a figure of #10m per car, that is #270m. Where did he get the money from.
These are the sort of question wwe should be asking if we truly want to ever have some sort of sensible democracy, not telling me of some stupid project in his brothers village.

We have general hospitals in every major city in Delta state. Wouldnt it have made better sense for them to have invested the money spent on this rubbish, bringing probably 20 odd general hospitals upto very good standard? and by the way that hospital should have been situated in Abraka, that is where the main campus for Delta state University is.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2010
^^^^^
And so your new complaint now is that he should not spend money building world class hospitals, rather he should renovate the existing general hospitals. What an absurd thinking pattern.

Your hatred for a specific tribe is blinding your reasoning. It is sad that you can't see beyond ethnicity.
Well I don't care that he bought cars for House of Assembly members, it is common politics all over Nigeria. 
What is important is whether or not he is delivering on his mandate.  IMO he has performed fairly well compared to most other Governors in Nigeria, but he could do much more given the resources available to him.

I have asked you b4 and I'm asking you again, which of the politicians jostling to take over from Uduaghan is capable of delivering a pin to Delta state?? Kpopogri, Bradus or Omo Agege? ? All these are uneducated thieves with no visible source of income. If you have a more reliable candidate on mind , mention his name!
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 11:50pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Papabrowne,

You stated that you are not from delta state, so i really wonder why you are so interested. And besides, I cannot understand how you came to the conclusion that I hate any tribe. I am not going to degenerate to insults like you, but if you call what Ibori and his brother have built world class, then I really worry for your level of education. And by the way even the Guvs own tribes men and woman cant stand him.

You dont care that he spent state fund bribing member of the house of assembly, which means you really dont care about Nigeria. i wonder what is going on in your own state, dont youn think you should go and find out more, before coming here are preaching to me about mine.
This has nothing to do with tribe, but facts. The Past and present Governors have been monumental failures, by any standard.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by PapaBrowne(m): 12:08am On Jul 26, 2010
I am not from Delta state doesn't stop me from commenting on issues going on there. I'm pretty sure U comment on issues affecting other states.

Simple question Mr Monkeyleg;
What is your definition of performance and in what ways has Uduaghan failed to perform?? If you can come out with a logical argument, then I will know you are making some sense. Please describe briefly or I will have to assume that U have no idea what performance means.

You simply hear tribalists in beer parlours saying they dislike Uduaghan and you just follow suit! Explain to me Mr Monkeyleg in what ways Uduaghan has failed to perform. I have listed a couple of things he has done. Counter them with logic!
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Vainglory: 2:14am On Jul 26, 2010
I think Uduagha is doing fine compared to others. The man is handling one of the longest dualisation projects by any state governor, the Asaba-Ughelli road. He has almost completed an airport in the state. These are mega projects by any standard. Delta State General Hospitals today rank among the best general hospitals in the country.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 2:38am On Jul 26, 2010
Delta state is about the best in Nigeria, despite being one of the youngest.
The state runs unbeatable services, from various free health schemes to very high standard transport. We've got to give it to our governors for doing a good job (except Ibori spoilt what would have been a great record by stealing).
Uduaghan has plodded on quietly; his greatest error is not having a polished PR machine like Fashola. While there is no excuse for corruption (and without doubt, there have been excesses), development has been visible and quantifyable.
Anybody who last visited Delta state some 5 years ago would almost get lost in a lot of places, while anybody who last visited 10 years ago will likely collapse and die! grin

The sore thumb in Delta state development is relatively poor coverage of small towns and rural areas. Thats got to change, so after Uduaghan (2015), we should get someone from a deprived area into the seat.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2010
PapaBrowne:

@Monkeyleg
The truth is Uduaghan is one of the best performing state Governors. Warri changed outstandingly under his leadership.
You are quick to show the car he bought for Clark.

My take is that you are an Urhobo tribalist. I will be suprised if you are Anioma. The simple fact that Uduaghan is from the minority Itsekiri tribe is enough to make you hate on him. I'm not from Delta state but I understand the politics there. It is a very difficult state to govern and yet the Governor was able to deliver a little. I'm not trying to hold brief for Uduaghan, but I think it is disgusting the way tribalist Urhobos speak about his performance.

There must be no excuse for corruption. Why are you holding forth for such evil?
When Rod Blajegovich's trial for corruption starts, i wonder if he'll be on the stand boasting of his good works in Chicago.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2010
Beaf:

The state runs unbeatable services, from various free health schemes to very high standard transport. We've got to give it to our governors for doing a good job (except Ibori spoilt what would have been a great record by stealing).

Can you explain the bolded part?
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by igboboy1(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2010
Even though development no reach my side of the state, I would still give it to Uduaghan and Ibori (despite corruption allegations) based on the fact that some visible changes have indeed occured in the last 10years,
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by texazzpete(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2010
igbo boy:

Even though development no reach my side of the state, I would still give it to Uduaghan and Ibori (despite corruption allegations) based on the fact that some visible changes have indeed occured in the last 10years,

Sometimes, i think Nigerians deserve their leaders.
Your Governor receives billions of Naira monthly to ensure good governance, develop the state and meet the needs of his people.
'visible changes' over a period of 10 years doesn't cut it. Especially when there are extremely strident allegations of corruption against the Governor.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2010
@texazzpete,

You have really spoken well, and articulated my point beautifully. Nigerians really get the leaders they deserve. The measure of excellence in Nigeria is what people will be put in jail in other country, even in Africa.

This is the problem we have when people clearly do not understand what role of a governor or public sarvant should be. I use the word public sarvant because that is what Uduaghan is, but he is acting like Public master. Taking from the people what is rightfully theirs, confusing those who should no better, even getting them to bow and lick his boots.

Guys, where have you seen, were house boy dey siddon chop, oga dey serve am. Well if you guys can think about it properly, maybe what we are saying would start making sense.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by monkeyleg: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2010
Sorry guys, just to add, and because you guys claim he has done some work, that then qualifys him to steal from the state. I just dont get it
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Pharoh: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
What has he really done for the education sector apart from this teaching hospital? what about electricity, farming, youths development and industrialization of the state economy. Hope he has also performed infrastructure wise he has a development blue print he his following.
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
Pharoh:

What has he really done for the education sector apart from this teaching hospital? what about electricity, farming, youths development and industrialization of the state economy. Hope he has also performed infrastructure wise he has a development blue print he his following.

Uduaghans greatest shortcoming is not having a PR machine like Fashola's, otherwise he would be right up there with him (maybe, even beyond him).
The video below should answer a quite a few of your questions (building has begun). Delta state is getting to be the new heaven.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2skhZsd6lc&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

texazzpete:

Sometimes, i think Nigerians deserve their leaders.
Your Governor receives billions of Naira monthly to ensure good governance, develop the state and meet the needs of his people.
'visible changes' over a period of 10 years doesn't cut it. Especially when there are extremely strident allegations of corruption against the Governor.

What are the "extremely strident allegations"? Or are you just making things up?
Its funny, we never see you guy's when corruption is discussed in Lagos (another performing place), but you have a way of popping up pretty sharpish at the mention of "delta". grin Abi you de work for Shell?
Re: This Is How Uduaghan Spends Delta States Money by Beaf: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2010
texazzpete:

Can you explain the bolded part?

Why don't you visit Delta state and then do a simple comparison of our transport system (urban roads, facilities, vehicle quality, airports etc) to any part of the country you choose?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia State University Lecturers Suspend Strike After Four Months. / Judge Faults Lagos For Calling Self “the State Of Lagos” / Hon Tunde Salau Dead (APC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.