Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

When Will Osinbajo's Panel On Babachir Lawal Submit Its Report? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Osinbajo's Panel On Babachir Lawal Submit Its Report? (358 Views)

"Will Osinbajo Join?" - FFK Reacts To The RCCG Protest / Herdsmen Killings: Miyetti Allah, Afenifere, Ohanaeze Reject Osinbajo Panel / Buhari To Osinbajo Panel: Suspend All Officials Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Will Osinbajo's Panel On Babachir Lawal Submit Its Report? by gabolak(m): 3:55am On Jul 06, 2017
This question crept into my mind and got me worried. When are we going to get the offical report of the investigative panel set up to prob the grass cutting scandal of the suspended SGF? Initially it appeared to me as a very simple question that could be answered very easily; "WHEN THEN PRESIDENT COMES BACK".
However, I got more worried rather than to be at peace when other thoughts provoking questions continued to follow the initial question.
Please fellow nairalanders ( because if I say fellow Nigerians it may lead to another debate ) help me out by finding appropriate answers to these questions;
1. Can't the acting president receive the report on behalf of pmb and act on it?
2. Is this silence on the part of the presidency a plot to allow the whole issue to be swept under the carpet?
3. Doesn't this situation lend credence to the theories of those that said " setting up of the committee at first was an unintelligent way of this administration in finding a soft landing for the SGF?
4. Given that there was a time limit attached to this assignment, are we now going to wait till eternity to have the report?
5. Now we have acting president, do we continue to make do with acting SGF too?
6. Has the government not abdicated from its responsibility of being accountable to the people?
7. Going by this unpleasant development, what can we really make out of this government anti corruption fight?
8. Why is everybody silent on this issue now? Prof. Sagay, efcc, civil societies and other anti corruption campaigners
9. Is the suspension an enough punishment to atone for the alleged crime?
10. Is the suspension parts of the deal to settle the rift between the executives and the legislators?
11. How long more can we endure this disregard for accountability, justice, openness and ultimately good governance?

As I said earlier, my thoughts got me worried.
Infact, am having sleepless night already.
Re: When Will Osinbajo's Panel On Babachir Lawal Submit Its Report? by 989900: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2017
Very good question.

(1) (Reply)

Troubles For Nigeria Looters As U.S Transparency Bill To Expose Illicit Funds / Legal Practitioners, Scholars Say Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable / Pro-biafra Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Kill Obasanjo & Household

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.