Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. (1133 Views)

Sanusi's Wife Visits Him In Awe, Nasarawa. Ado Bayero Weeps As He Leaves Bichi / Sanusi Lamido And His Wife, Sadiya Ado Bayero (Throwback Photos) / This Is What American Government/White House Said About Igbos During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 06, 2017
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162240-ado-bayero-saved-several-igbos-1966-traditional-rulers.html

What the article failed to add as always was that Ado Bayero was returning a favor Ojukwu did for him.

In the January 1966 coup, Ado Bayero the then Emir of Kano was slated to be killed. Ojukwu who was the GOC of the Barracks in Kano sent his most Loyal igbo soldiers to Ado Bayero's residence to protect him and he also sent his most loyal igbo soldiers to the Kano international airport to secure it. The Igbo soldiers engaged Kaduna Nzeogwu's Men in a firefight for several hours and thus Nzeogwu's men couldn't take the Airport and the Kano coup obviously Failed.

The government n elders in certain parts of Nigeria keep. demonizing Ojukwu even in death.

Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu was a fierce one nigeria advocate more than every other major player in 1966/1967.

Lalasticlala.

2 Likes

Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by senatorizyking(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2017
I am hearing this for the first time
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by IdeyFindWife: 10:48am On Jul 06, 2017
It's the retelling of these history with intentional slants and injected half-truths that they've been using to blindfolding and dividing us all these while; the same elders who refused to properly and truthfully document history for its own worth and purity.

We are wiser now! We won't commit their blunders in our generation.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Caseless: 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
When was Ado enthroned?
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
senatorizyking:
I am hearing this for the first time

Pls ask any older soldier. It will be clearer to u.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Caseless:
When was Ado enthroned?

Probably around 1961/1962.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by senatorizyking(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Pls ask any older soldier. It will be clearer to u.

Thanks immensely bro I will do just that.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by starkid1996(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
waiting for someone to start e-war
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 10, 2017
Bros ! carry your boy along oooo. I need make money ooo. I am tired of the present state of affairs.

I give all my girlfriends minimum of 8k every months as cash to make their hair, eye lashes, finger n toe acrylics, perfume, cream n roll on, and I don't go to church, I don't pay tithe n I don't give any offering. Yet between April 1 and now, I have around ....naira in cash and around .... naira in assets...............By God's grace I will reach ...... naira in cash n assets by December 31.

Yet God keeps blessing me oo.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2017
specter:
Bros ! carry your boy along oooo. I need make money ooo. I am tired of the present state of affairs.

I give all my girlfriends minimum of 8k every months as cash to make their hair, eye lashes, finger n toe acrylics, perfume, cream n roll on, and I don't go to church, I don't pay tithe n I don't give any offering. Yet between April 1 and now, I have around ....naira in cash and around .... naira in assets...............By God's grace I will reach ...... naira in cash n assets by December 31.

Yet God keeps blessing me oo.

Lmao, ur fukkin funny.
So are u and where do u stay?
let's start from there.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 15, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Lmao, ur fukkin funny.
So are u and where do u stay?
let's start from there.

I am Mr. Paul and my domicile is Lagos.
Just sent a pm sir.
Re: Ado Bayero Saved Several Igbos During The 1966 Pogrom. by Throwback: 7:00am On Sep 15, 2017
I don't recall that there was any federal or regional government sited in Kano.

So if indeed the Igbo coup planned to assassinate the emir of Kano then, it simply means the Igbos were all out to eliminate all the significant Fulani leaders, and not some national revolution that they claimed was patriotic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Governor Obiano Mother's Burial In Anambra / How Ex. Ogun State Gov. Otunba Gbenga Daniels Escaped Assassination / Funny views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.