Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,626 members, 7,861,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant In Malaysia{betrayal, Love, Luck} - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant In Malaysia{betrayal, Love, Luck} (3478 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Inside An Illegal Immigration Mass Trial In Texas(Photos) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant In Malaysia{betrayal, Love, Luck} by Nicoletheo: 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sorry to ask is this fiction?
paymentvoucher:
EPISODE 1

I have always wanted to travel overseas for my University education. Even when I was younger, I used to tell me dad that I would like to study Abroad for my University. As time went on, my disturbed my dad about it which caused him to make me a promise that my post graduate would be done abroad.

Years later, I got admission into the university. Life was so sweet and great with me, and having a nice roommate, oliseh was also awesome. Things were going on fine, not until second semester of my 100level came, Oliseh relocated to Malaysia to continue his education. I didn’t know how he said his dad was able to raise money for him and he travelled to Malaysia. But we still maintained contacts. We chatted regularly on facebook and calls. He would tell me how beautiful life is in Malaysia and how I would enjoy life to the fullest if I come. He often sends me photos of that place.

A year later, during the Christmas period, Oliseh landed into Nigeria. He came in with a brand new Prado jeep. He got me cloths, accessories and so many things that I began wondering how he got all the money within a space of one year he travelled to Malaysia. Na so oliseh gist me ooo. He said he was a student and also a worker. He goes to classes for 5 hours and 6 hours for work. “But na which kind work this guy dey do wey just give am dis kind money,” I wondered within myself. Because one of my uncle who works in one of the new generational banks and collects a salary of N120,000 can’t even afford a second hand car worth N1.5million talk more of a second hand Prado jeep.

Oliseh told me he was into a lucrative computer business, importing goods into Malaysia and selling to the citizens. “Hope say Yahoo or Yahoo plus no dey,” I asked, just to be sure.

“Ah ahnnnn. Wetin you dey talk sef. I no dey do yahoo nah. Me nah pure business man ooo.” He told me there was money, plenty of it to be made in that country Malaysia. That I can even clock $1million within my first 6 months. Na so I believe this guy. I was happy for me. He even promised to help me with my papers when I graduate so I can come over. Na so me happy oooo sey I go soon go join my guy for Malaysia. The way he talked about the country, I was almost believing that people can even pluck money from trees in that country.

Before my guy Oliseh went back to Malaysia, he gave me some money and told me when am ready to come I should inform him so he can help me with my papers. After Oliseh left, it just looked as if I was no longer myself anymore. All my thoughts, dreams, visions were all directed to Malaysia. When I have any dream, I see myself in Malaysia. If I wake up, it looks as if I woke up in Malaysia. I eat, it looks as if am eating Malaysian food. I walk out of my house, it will look as if I walked into Malaysia. When I look at people, my parents and siblings around me, it will look as if am looking at Malaysians. Up to the extent that when I drink water, I assumes that’s water from Malaysia. When I even look up to the skies, I will sea Malaysia boldly written up there. Everything I see, do, looks Malaysia to me. I just want to be in Malaysia as soon as possible. My mind was no longer settled, even in my academics. It looks as if Malaysia was calling.

I told my dad that I was no longer interested in going to school in Nigeria anymore, that I would love to go to Malaysia to start afresh. My dad laughed as if I was joking. But he realized I wasn’t when I came back home from school a particular weekend. I refused going back to school. I told my parents that I was no longer going to school in Nigeria again. That they should get me a Malaysian visa, that my friend over there would help me so I could go there to school. Na so my papa begin para oooo. My mom thought I had been bewitched, that her enemies had gotten her through me. She even went as far as inviting some pastors to the house. Me sef no bother. Each time I hear or see some of them pray, it looks as if am seeing them praying that God should change the mind of my parents to sponsor my trip to Malaysia to join my boy Oliseh. My dad said he wasn’t going to sponsor me for that kind of trip, that I should finish up my bachelor’s degree first then when it comes for my post graduate, he can sponsor me to anywhere. But I no gree. My mom begged, pleaded for me to go back to school. At a time they even suggested I went for mental/ psychological assessment to check if I was in my right senses. It took the intervention of so many family members, family friends, so many pleas and my father’s refusal to sponsor that trip that I finally decided to go back to school after over a month staying at home due to my stubbornness that I wanted to travel to Malaysia. Thank the merciful God that I didn’t carry any course or had any academic problems that semester.

After my 200level semester examinations, we went for 2 months break. When the school resumed, another 2 of my friends had joined Oliseh in Malaysia. Infact I began to hear so many tales of Malaysia again. May people travelling to that country. It seems as if many Nigerians are falling into that country. It was a pity that I lost contact with my friend, oliseh. I didn’t know what happened. I just woke up one morning and discovered his facbook account was no longer active. Every means of contacting Oliseh was no longer active any more. For good one month, I was not myself. It looked as if I had lost a big treasure. It looked as if I had lost my helper, the one who would lift me up in Malaysia, and I blamed it on my family. It was pretty difficult for me moving forward but I finally did hoping that one day I would hear from him again.

Second semester 400level, I just returned from lecture this beautiful afternoon when I checked my facebook and discovered I had a message. I checked it and it was a classmate of mine, Barnabas who was in the same department with me. It was a long time since we saw last. I thought he dropped out of school, not until he started gisting me that he dropped out of school and moved to Malaysia. He said he was right in Malaysia chatting with me and that month would make it 6months he arrived Malaysia. Immediately I heard “Malaysia,” na so my adrenaline pumped up. It looked as if I experienced an electric transfer power. I was so happy. I had lost oliseh, it seems God has sent another person from Malaysia that would help me come over there. We began chatting. He started gingering me on coming to Malaysia. I couldn’t concentrate on my final exams anymore. Since my dad said he would sponsor me for my post graduate program in Malaysia, and I was almost finishing my first degree, I thought it was the proper time to start working on my Malaysian visa. I began disturbing my dad about Malaysia. My dad told me to finish up my final exams first, go for my NYSC and we would start working on my post graduate program. Infact he suggested me going to Canada for my Master degree. With what my dad said, I began thinking he was deceiving and scamming my conscience. Because he had promised that after my first degree, I would leave for abroad immediately since one doesn’t need NYSC certificate to be admitted for master’s degree abroad. But he was of the opinion that I should do my NYSC first since I would still be coming back to Nigeria to work. But I no gree ooo. “This man wan play me again,” I thought to myself. Abi him no wan sponsor me again! My dad said he doesn’t have much money to sponsor me. Then I began asking myself, if he was not sponsoring now, when will he do! Maybe when I am married and already have my money. Though I saw dad’s point because we were yet to complete our house. My dad was hoping to complete it, then we move in and he also wants to get a car which would aid his movement and business. And within a space of a year before I finish my NYSC, everything would be ready and I can travel. But I no wan hear that one.

Source: topwritersden.com

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant In Malaysia{betrayal, Love, Luck} by Anufemeki: 1:31pm On May 05, 2022
This is all bullshit,stop writing nonsense from your wappes imagination. I livee in Malaysia for 9 years and all you wrote here are false.

paymentvoucher:
EPISODE 7

I kept running, but at a time the gunshots were heavy and intense that I began wondering if the officers were just wasting bullets. I turned back and saw the officers on masked face chasing at us.

We were not up to 5. Dead bodies were just littered on the floor. I never knew that as they told us to run, we ran, they shot at us and killed some. And they are still chasing at us to kill the remaining. I was becoming weak. As I was still looking and confused at what was happening, “Poa,” another gunshot and one of us was down. He’s been shot dead. We have ran but there was no end. At a time I was angry in me, were was I even running to. There was no were because they would still catch up with us. They were even coming with a car so there was no need running,’ I thought to myself. Something in me still kept telling me to run. I turned around and began running. I was so weak and tired. I was still struggling within me as I heard gunshots. I closed my eyes as I ran hoping to feel the bullets hitting me but yet none. As my eyes were closed, tears was running down, I was becoming too weak to run. When I opened my eyes again, I discovered I was in an express way. No one was there but only me. I turned and discovered that no one was chasing me again. I saw a car on full speed driving towards me. At first I was scared because I don’t know maybe they are the masked officers that were chasing me. Immediately the car drove to where I was, it was a man that was driving. Immediately he looked at me, he drove off. That was how I stayed there till the sun began going down, I tried stopping cars that were driving by but when they stopped were I was, after looking at me they won’t want to carry me. I was so tired and hungry. It looked as if I would die. I laid on the ground until a car drove and I waved to stop, it stopped. I was surprised it was a man and his 3 children. He even agreed to carry me. I wasn’t afraid any more. I believed whatsoever would happen, let it happen. Even if the man was going to call the police, I was ready to die. Na so I enter the man car oooo after much begging. And thank God he understands English Language. That is what I observed about Malaysians, so many of them understand English but they don’t speak it. They rather speak their language.

As I rode in his car, I sat behind with two of the children. The children were just looking at me as if they haven’t seen a black before. Maybe they haven’t sef. But blacks are all over the streets of the city nah. Why the children dey look my like lucozade na im I know come understand. The man asked me were I was going, I don’t even know what to tell him. Because I don’t even know if we are even in Kuala. I asked him were we were, he said we are in Kuala. He started asking me what happened. I told him that I was kidnapped by unknown people that was why I couldn’t recognize where we were. He laughed so loud. He said that there was noting like such, there is nothing like kidnapping in Kuala. That I should say the truth. Maybe the police are looking for me because am an illegal migrant. By that time, I don weak, I was scared maybe he would take me back to the police but he told me that I shouldn’t worry. He gave me bread and sausage, as if he knew I was hungry and I devoured them. The way the children looked at me, I no even send them. He man asked me again were I was going because he was not ready to harbor any illegal migrant or someone wanted by the police. I don’t even know were to tell him to take me to. I told him “Hotel plan B.” he said he was willing to take me there. Na so this man carry me go hotel plan B. thank God say na night we take reach there. “Be careful” were his last words as he dropped me and I sneaked into the hotel building without even thinking if maybe police officers are there. I went to the dustbin house. I was surprised when I came in and still saw some of my goons playing whot. Immediately I walked in, they wanted to run out but saw it was me. They were all screaming and shouting “you still dey alive.” They were holding and asking how I was released because they thought I would have been killed. I couldn’t narrate story that night. I was tired. I asked about soji because the last time we saw was when the officers were beating us. I didn’t know if he managed to escape because he was not part of the people I saw at the detention house. Na so them tell me say soji dey ebuka office for the hotel building. Na so I shout ‘praise God” say me buddy dey alive.

The next day, I had been able to regain myself a little and I narrated my ordeal to the guys in the house, no one could believe my story because it was surprising how I survived the whole incident. How soji ran from the police and still came back to the house was even more surprising to me as my story to them. But of all, we survived and some were killed. Soji told me that the dustbin house was no longer safe again but there was another house inside the hotel building that we can start hanging on because the police could come back any other time to raid the dustbin house. The house soji was talking about was on the fifth floor of the hotel. It was a big room linking to the dustbin house. The room is an abandoned place. Na so we come dey stay there.

As time went on, we became more careful of our movements so as to avoid police or security officers. But that doesn’t stop us from panicking each time we hear the sound of siren blowing. We panic and sometimes run around in the house. This particular Saturday afternoon, some of us left our new house to the dustbin to check if we could find some food. Na so we begin hear siren and gunshots. I looked to the direction of the new house, I could feel that people were making noise. Before I knew what was happening, one of the guys jumped from the window of the house just to avoid arrest. Before i could blink my eyes again, 4 people had jumped and this was from the fifth floor. I was hearing the sound of gunshots from the house. From were I was, I watched. I just had to find somewhere around to hide myself.

2 hours later when everything had died down, it was the cry of one of the guys that made me come out of my hiding. Other guys that came there with me had fled. The first guy that jumped from the building had died and the others that jumped too don break their legs. Blood was just gushing out of their legs like water. And we can’t even go to the hospital, no permit. The one that died, late in the night, ebuka made arrangements for the Security officials to take the corpse while we used cloths to tie the legs of the ones that had broken legs. Upon everything that is happening, ebuka no send us. He will tell us, “na me carry you com Malaysia?” how he was even able to get security officials to take the corpse, I don’t know. Many of us suspects that the guys hands are not clean. He is a free man but won’t help us to get resident or even how to get out of the country. Many of them that had died, he brought them to Malaysia through his connection but abandoned them. If you para for the guy, he would call the police to arrest you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Dying Help Me-bank Statement / Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk / Top 10 Busiest Airports In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.