Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2065455 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1695) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
ajabani4allah:
I got the 2000watts Suoer inverter with inbuilt 20Ah charger just last week. I am using it with 75Ah battery capacity and i have been having a very good result, more than 7hrs of use with one ceiling fan and two lead bulbs. The charger stops charging automatically when the battery is full

I am planning to leave the charger permanently plug to the main to ensure the the battery remains always fully charged and at the same time i want to avoid chrging while the inverter is on and carrying load. To the gurus in the house plese i need your advice on how to go about this. I already put up a chageover though not automatic. Please i want to understand all the necessary measures i need to put in place to ensure i did not damage anything. Thanks
leaving your charger permanently plugged, will not damage your inverter. however due to Nigerian epileptic erratic power supply, u might need to implement a voltage surge protector, as am not sure your inverter has surge protection capabilities. using normal ac ceiling fan on your modified sine wave souer inverter is not advisable. the ceiling fan might burn out in few weeks/months. try get a dc fan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:33am On Oct 03, 2021
ajabani4allah:
I got the 2000watts Suoer inverter with inbuilt 20Ah charger just last week. I am using it with 75Ah battery capacity and i have been having a very good result, more than 7hrs of use with one ceiling fan and two lead bulbs. The charger stops charging automatically when the battery is full

I am planning to leave the charger permanently plug to the main to ensure the the battery remains always fully charged and at the same time i want to avoid chrging while the inverter is on and carrying load. To the gurus in the house plese i need your advice on how to go about this. I already put up a chageover though not automatic. Please i want to understand all the necessary measures i need to put in place to ensure i did not damage anything. Thanks

75ah battery is likely an automobile battery, if so expect premium tears within 6 months.
Na so i go buy trailer battery 150ah over 12yrs ago..the first 2 to 4 months was bliss....... angry grin grin angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2021
earthrealm:

75ah battery is likely an automobile battery, if so expect premium tears within 6 months.
Na so i go buy trailer battery 150ah over 12yrs ago..the first 2 to 4 months was bliss....... angry grin grin angry angry angry angry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:33am On Oct 03, 2021
T
earthrealm:

Thanks so much bro, on the 75Ah deep cycle battery, will the premium tears happen as a result of leaving it pemanently charged?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:34am On Oct 03, 2021
earthrealm:

Thanks so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2021
Valto:
leaving your charger permanently plugged, will not damage your inverter. however due to Nigerian epileptic erratic power supply, u might need to implement a voltage surge protector, as am not sure your inverter has surge protection capabilities. using normal ac ceiling fan on your modified sine wave souer inverter is not advisable. the ceiling fan might burn out in few weeks/months. try get a dc fan.

Thanks so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2021
ajabani4allah:
T

Thanks so much bro, on the 75Ah deep cycle battery, will the premium tears happen as a result of leaving it pemanently charged?

Post a pic of this battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
Guys, good day.
I need some info.
I read online that running an inverter aircon 24/7 at 25°c is more efficient and consumes less energy in the long term than running it on turbo mode for a few hours and switching to gen mode. I do not have the battery capacity to run this test 24/7, can you guys help out and run a 1hp inverter AC for 24/48hrs to compare kWh consumed @25°c vs gen/turbo modes? Anyone with substation capacity PV/battery bank should kindly assist with this small test.
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@ojeysky
@Adrusa
@olopan
@GeorgeD1
@babaegun
@dapsyra
@oshomo12
@McTrinity
@Valto
@dam5reey
@Saipro

Muchos gracias!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
lexi28:
Guys, good day.
I need some info.
I read online that running an inverter aircon 24/7 at 25°c is more efficient and consumes less energy in the long term than running it on turbo mode for a few hours and switching to gen mode. I do not have the battery capacity to run this test 24/7, can you guys help out and run a 1hp inverter AC for 24/48hrs to compare kWh consumed @25°c vs gen/turbo modes? Anyone with substation capacity PV/battery bank should kindly assist with this small test.
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@ojeysky
@Adrusa
@olopan
@GeorgeD1
@babaegun
@dapsyra
@oshomo12
@McTrinity
@Valto
@dam5reey
@Saipro

Muchos gracias!!

Very funny! grin grin grin grin grin grin Someone should should kill his or battery to proof a moot point. In my humble opinion, I don't know how much is there to gain by using "inverter ac". This is a matter of physics. Unless, the inverter ac makers have found ways of producing or destroying energy, temperature for temperature, the two types of AC will end up consuming similar energy. Starting and stopping consumes more energy overall than allowing the thing to run uninterrupted. Motors need more energy to start than to keep running.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
adrusa:

Very funny! grin grin grin grin grin grin Someone should should kill his or battery to proof a moot point. In my humble opinion, I don't know how much is there to gain by using "inverter ac". This is a matter of physics. Unless, the inverter ac makers have found ways of producing or destroying energy, temperature for temperature, the two types of AC will end up consuming similar energy. Starting and stopping consumes more energy overall than allowing the thing to run uninterrupted. Motors need more energy to start than to keep running.

My brother I thought I did not read the content well ni o..... shocked

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
adrusa:

Thanks for the info...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by lexi28(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2021
ojeysky:

My brother I thought I did not read the content well ni o..... shocked

You read well. grin Thanks!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Does this have any data communications ability please?

Can it speak serial/RS232/RS485/CAN?

It's a basic coulomb meter, boss. No port for external communications.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
lexi28:
Guys, good day.
I need some info.
@NiyiOmoIyunade
@ojeysky
@Adrusa
@olopan
@GeorgeD1
@babaegun
@dapsyra
@oshomo12
@McTrinity
@Valto
@dam5reey
@Saipro

Muchos gracias!!

brother,
this test you're suggesting is totally unnecessary. i have a couple genpals or what lg calls 'inverter' ac and i can tell you it does
consume less power and is more efficient over time compared to traditional acs.
your energy savings should not be limited to a narrow 24/48hrs range else you will miss the whole essence. rather think more
of a wider band like perhaps 3, 6 or 12 months. and for this you will really need an energy meter plugged in permanently to
that equipment.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
lexi28:

You read well. grin Thanks!!

My brother in that case you don't need to worry much about that, you can't eat your cake and still have it; If you need your room to be cool very fast then turbo does that and it means more use of power. So while running the normal genmode will save more power, there is no way you will achieve cooler room faster other than in turbo mode.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
I tend to agree with this position to a large degree.

I had the LG inverter ACs (GenCool) I believe which I ultimately phased out all 3 units in favor of Panasonic 1hp non inverter ACs.

It is correct that the inverter ACs progressively use less power after several hours run, I used to wake up to like 300w-400w consumption from a 1hp inverter AC however like Oga Adrusa said, the laws of physics have not changed - the AC is achieving good power savings at the expense of cooling - an AC compressor running at 400w is definitely doing less cooling work than a similar compressor at 800w.

Simply the inverter ACs do not cool as well as the normal ACs.

As for setting target at 25°C - this a good practice, your AC would never bring the ambient down from 32°C to to 18°C in the tropics without special measures. An AC can achieve 26°C temps in a room and thereafter work less cycles and use less power.

adrusa:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
earthrealm:

Post a pic of this battery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:14am On Oct 04, 2021
300w Africell solar panel available, #52,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:16am On Oct 04, 2021
3.5kva 24v felicity inverter available, #170,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:18am On Oct 04, 2021
60A Yohako MPPT controller available, #60,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2021
200w Fairly used solar panel available, #30,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2021
3000w souer inverter with charger available, #30,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2021
200Ah 12v Amaron Quanta battery available, #160,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2021
200Ah 12v nexus battery available, #130,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2021
200Ah 12v Microtek SMF battery available, #125,000, call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2021
200w All in One solar street light available, #15,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2021
200w SMS floodlight with double panel available, #36,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
lexi28:
Guys, good day.
I need some info.
1.5hp GenCool 2 running at 25°C after about an hour in my sitting room drops to about 300W. Amazing because the original GenCool has a minimum of around 600W operating power.

In real life terms, I can run two 1.5hp GenCool 2 all night and wake to more than 50% battery left. One of them no longer goes off. If energy generation/storage isn't an issue, leaving them on guarantees a room maintained permanently cool.

Turbo mode consumes (wastes) absurd amounts of power. I no longer use it. I do not recommend it either unless you're at immediate risk of a heatstroke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
How durable are some of these ATS's below? Hope they won't be damaged so soon by the flunctuating current supply we have in this country.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2021
Saipro:

1.5hp GenCool 2 running at 25°C after about an hour in my sitting room drops to about 300W. Amazing because the original GenCool has a minimum of around 600W operating power.

In real life terms, I can run two 1.5hp GenCool 2 all night and wake to more than 50% battery left. One of them no longer goes off. If energy generation/storage isn't an issue, leaving them on guarantees a room maintained permanently cool.

Turbo mode consumes (wastes) absurd amounts of power. I no longer use it. I do not recommend it either unless you're at immediate risk of a heatstroke.
I'm confused. Is there any other version? Because I checked before purchasing last year and mine looks exactly like an old gencool I've seen
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ajabani4allah(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2021
how healthy it is for inverter battery to stay on charging 24/7 even when there is no load at all on the inverter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
ajabani4allah,
there's absolutely nothing wrong with an inverter charging a battery bank 24/7 without load.
provided the charging parameters are set correctly, it can theoretically charge at infinum.
depending on the battery type and state of charge/depletion, it would most certainly start with
bulk charging before tapering off into float/maintenance charge when battery is full. it will
remain in this state until when duty calls and inverter kicks in to draw power for critical loads.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1695) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Elkrypto(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.