Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2053958 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Importance of fuse and breakers. Today I plugged in an electrical kettle and our lights went out. The wires were warm to the touch and the fuse had burnt. The microwave and iron did not burn my fuse but the electrical kettle did. It drew the batteries from 26 V to 23 Volts. You can imagine the amp draw on the system.
Can you imagine what would have happened if I did not have the fuse between the batteries and the inverter? Fuses are cheap. Your life is way to valuable to risk your installation to an amateur.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
chris81964:
Importance of fuse and breakers. Today I plugged in an electrical kettle and our lights went out. The wires were warm to the touch and the fuse had burnt. The microwave and iron did not burn my fuse but the electrical kettle did. It drew the batteries from 26 V to 23 Volts. You can imagine the amp draw on the system.
Can you imagine what would have happened if I did not have the fuse between the batteries and the inverter? Fuses are cheap. Your life is way to valuable to risk your installation to an amateur.
My bro, you're damn right!
Thats why i dont joke with my dc disconnect box... It's got several protection fuses for both the solar array and dc part of the inverter.
i had my electric cooker once on my inverter, the fuse was always tripping. Finally had to disconnect it and put it on PHCN angry

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Omotayoowoniyi(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hi everyone, I guess you all have a wonderful day? Am new here, I sell and install inverter too but basically Mopower product. Here are some of my jobs and for more details, I can be reached on 09092170943, 09052865763. Am also one of Mopower's dealers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
chris81964:

I have a current limiting device that doesn't allow my installations draw past the rated current and as well protect your inverters and then avoid heavy draw from your battery bank
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
Konnektions146:

I have a current limiting device that doesn't allow my installations draw past the rated current and as well protect your inverters and then avoid heavy draw from your battery bank

Can you post a picture please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
chris81964:

Can you post a picture please

check

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 2:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Konnektions146:

check
oh I see one of my findings 460wlipsrsealed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2015
Konnektions146:

check
Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
May Allah's Blessings & Favour remain Uncountable in your Life and your entire Family.
Wishing you a happy and belated "Eid-El-Kabir" Celebrations !
Barka De Sallah !!!

Sir Frankie
CEO/Chairman
Smartcell Global Services.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
JUO:
oh I see one of my findings 460wlipsrsealed
this is for 2A, there are others 2,4,6,10A
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by viazi: 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
OpenView HD is Africa's free satellite TV service with over 18 channels, including some in HD. You get to keep all the channels you already love, with coverage anywhere in Africa. There are no contracts, and no monthly fees. You pay just once and enjoy it for free, forever.

OpenView HD’s channels feature music, movies, religious programming, learning, kids’ entertainment, lifestyle & culture and more - catering for the whole family.
1. etoonz+ HD. Cartoon
2. mindset
3. Da Vinci learning
4. Deen TV
5. Lx TV
6. As TV
7. Wildlife TV Africa
8. Glow
9. Beat lab TV HD. MUSIC
10. eafrica+. Nolywood movies
11. eHD
12. ekasi+ HD. Varieties
13. emovies+ HD. Foreign movied
14. sabc1
15. sabc2
16. sabc3
17. relevant TV
18. INI
19. spirit sword
20. UCBN
In addition to more channels, you’ll also enjoy an electronic programme guide (EPG), crystal clear digital picture quality and improved stereo sound. And you get this all for free, forever. THIS CHANNELS CAN ONLY BE VUEWED ON A CUSTOMERSIZED RECIEVER MADE BY THE COMPANY.
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE HAVE ALTECH OVHD IN STOCK RIGH NOW IN NIGERIA. ONCE U BUY THE BIXS, U WILL WATCH THE ABOVE CHANNELS FREE FOREVER. NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION. SEND ORDER TO viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2015
Moderator where are you?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
kiekie1:
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

15kva 3 phase pure copper servo stab.... ..@110k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

MUST POWER 2kw 12v, 2kw 24, 3kw 24v,3kw 48v , 6kw 24v,6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

JOY and YASHI solar panels (mono crystalline & poly crystalline) .........@ discounted prices for any watt/volt

Outback FM 80 MPPT CC....

Telecomm used intelligent battery chargers 24v 60a, 48v 30a.

SMA sunny island inverters,SMA multicluster box, SMA mini central ,hoppecke flooded and deep cycle German batteries etc now in stock.

Bluegate pure sinewave inverters (1kva 12v, 2kva 24v, 3.5kva 24v, 5.5kva 24v) .... In Stock

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!

Sir Frankie

I am in the process of moving into a new house and wish to install solar power since I am not connected to the grid yet. For this I need the following:

Hybrid 6KW 48V Inverter (Daltron, Xantrex, Outback or Prag are my preferences) to handle Solar, Generator and Public utility.
Solar charge controller, MPPT 80A (Morning Star, Xantrex or Outback)
Mono Solar Panels (24V 300W minimum capacity), German, Japan or American made
Batteries (AGM Deep Cycle, 12V 230AH or 2V 500AH or 6V 500AH) German and American makes which can be install indoors.
AC and DC breakers

Kindly give me a quote based on the above, using the appropriate quantities.

The project is to be executed in Port Harcourt and your quotation should therefore include delivery of the merchandise to Port Harcourt.

Please give me your most competitive prices and I will see if we can deal and I trust that all items shall be original and no China Nigeria specs.

Send email to reflections_galleries@yahoo.com.

Hope to hear from you soonest.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2015
JohnKester:

Sir Frankie

I am in the process of moving into a new house and wish to install solar power since I am not connected to the grid yet. For this I need the following:

Hybrid 6KW 48V Inverter (Daltron, Xantrex, Outback or Prag are my preferences) to handle Solar, Generator and Public utility.
Batteries (AGM Deep Cycle, 12V 230AH or 2V 500AH or 6V 500AH) German and American makes which can be install indoors.
AC and DC breakers

The project is to be executed in Port Harcourt and your quotation should therefore include delivery of the merchandise to Port Harcourt.

Please give me your most competitive prices and I will see if we can deal and I trust that all items shall be original and no China Nigeria specs.

Cheers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 4:52am On Sep 27, 2015
abunafiu:

How did you size the system to get the 6 kw inverter? German or American batteries in the Nigerian market come in 2v 6v and 12 V but not in the capacities you list.
The same with the panels. The largest manufacturers of panels are Chinese.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2015
chris81964:

How did you size the system to get the 6 kw inverter? German or American batteries in the Nigerian market come in 2v 6v and 12 V but not in the capacities you list.
The same with the panels. The largest manufacturers of panels are Chinese.

The system sizing is okay but can be downgraded to between 4 and 5KW.

In the absence of the stated capacities, the available capacities as well as optional capacities can be considered.

Genuine Chinese products can be considered, but not products that were manufactured at the request of some dishonest Nigerians, and which therefore carry the stated capacity on the label but does not deliver the expected performance.

Cheers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

Sir Frankie

AC and DC breakers

Cheers.
by the time you see the quote, I mean the price only you will request for Chinese cc and battery. Even governors and senators cannot pay for what you are requesting for, not because they can't afford it but they will prefer to run generator than spending almost 10M for 6kw in the name of American and European products. I wish you success, please post pictures and spec when you are done

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

In the absence of the stated capacities, the available capacities as well as optional capacities can be considered.

Genuine Chinese products can be considered, but not products that were manufactured at the request of some dishonest Nigerians, and which therefore carry the stated capacity on the label but does not deliver the expected performance.

Cheers.
You still are not providing enough information to get a reasonable quote. What appliances do you want to power and for how long? We can calculate battery bank capacity and the PV array size from your response. This will also help determine the charge controller you will need and so much more
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

Cheers.

China rules in manufacturing, over 80% of solar panels here comes from China and even batteries.

What you need is a responsive installer that would give you the best of services and achieve the desired result-A WORKING SYSTEM.

Most people here including me use chinese products and dont have issues, but if thats whats you want, okay ooo

cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Konnektions146(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2015
JUO:
by the time you see the quote, I mean the price only you will request for Chinese cc and battery. Even governors and senators cannot pay for what you are requesting for, not because they can't afford it but they will prefer to run generator than spending almost 10M for 6kw in the name of American and European products. I wish you success, please post pictures and spec when you are done

@Bolded above, I have had people make such request and when you give them a quote i would consider "very considerable and decent", they ask me for other alternative.

I just wonder why we think all from china or Africa is fake----"mental slavery"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

Sir Frankie

AC and DC breakers

Cheers.

OK, I have been offline pls cos am in a remote area/site for now.. Are all this description from an installer cos its not really indepth tho? Kindly call my line for transactions and you will definitely get the best unit prices as regards to clear quantity needed from me ... Thanks !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
I wish to thank all who have shown interest in my request and have made useful suggestions for my benefit.

For the record and if you read my second post properly, I stated that "genuine Chinese" products shall be considered and I went further to state what I do not want, which anyone involved in commercial activities knows about. I have a right of choice as to what I want to spend my money on. I have a lot of respect for the Chinese for their manufacturing prowess. That being said I have absolutely no respect for the dubious Nigerian or Chinese or American or of whatever origin who would request for, or manufacture substandard goods in order to pass them off for the quality they are not. The market is segmented and each will find his level according to his purchasing power. And that has nothing to do with mental slavery.

And the insinuation that because a governor or senator who supposedly has enough money to pay for something but chose otherwise is also exercising his right of choice and should not on any account form the basis to assess or judge others. They have money because they grab a large chunk of our collective wealth for themselves, they are not worth emulating and to infer that I cannot do what I want because a senator or governor refused to do it is insulting to say the least.

Having said that, all beneficial suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
chris81964:

You still are not providing enough information to get a reasonable quote. What appliances do you want to power and for how long? We can calculate battery bank capacity and the PV array size from your response. This will also help determine the charge controller you will need and so much more

The sum total of the running load will fluctuate depending on how many people are at home at any point in time. As a minimum 1500 watts, which can climb to 3000 watts.

In addition the system should also be able to run a 600 watts washing machine, that is capable of generating it's own hot water; as well as power 1hp submersible water pump and possibly run 2 1hp inverter air conditioner.

If you think my requirement is oversized, then feel free to design an appropriate system and quote accordingly. I am open to suggestions.

Cheers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
kiekie1:

OK, I have been offline pls cos am in a remote area/site for now.. Are all this description from an installer cos its not really indepth tho? Kindly call my line for transactions and you will definitely get the best unit prices as regards to clear quantity needed from me ... Thanks !!

I sent a text to you yesterday regarding the Vmp of your Yashi 300watt mono panels. Still awaiting your response.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

I sent a text to you yesterday regarding the Vmp of your Yashi 300watt mono panels. Still awaiting your response.

Cheers.
Which of these setup is 6kw. The inverter, solar panels or battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
JUO:
Which of these setup is 6kw. The inverter, solar panels or battery?

I need a 6KW system. The panels, batteries, inverter (PURE SINE WAVE) and the Charge Controller (MPPT) etc, should collectively be sized in terms of capacities and quantities, to form an EFFICIENT 6KW WORKING SYSTEM.

Cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
JohnKester:

I need a 6KW system. The panels, batteries, inverter (PURE SINE WAVE) and the Charge Controller (MPPT) etc, should collectively be sized in terms of capacities and quantities, to form an EFFICIENT 6KW WORKING SYSTEM.

Cheers

Estimate sent
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JohnKester: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
chris81964:

Estimate sent

Thanks for your estimate but must state that a single figure does not suffice. Let's have the breakdown so we can study the individual components.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2015
JohnKester:

Thanks for your estimate but must state that a single figure does not suffice. Let's have the breakdown so we can study the individual components.

Cheers.
Click on the link in the email that came with the quote. And you can send a response to the email address that originated the quote.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2015
JohnKester:

Cheers.
so that you can use the quote to order the items yourself and look for an installer. Who wants to be used and dumped. Men Don wise. You asked for quote and I believe the make of the items were stated, even. Eg panel sharp 250w, battery Trojan 6v/400ah, inverter prag 48v/6kw. Cc outback 80a. That is not enough for you. You want the street and the country where the items were produced. I believe no one will give you the full spec of the items because that is the secret of any contract.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chris81964(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2015
JUO:
so that you can use the quote to order the items yourself and look for an installer. Who wants to be used and dumped. Men Don wise. You asked for quote and I believe the make of the items were stated, even. Eg panel sharp 250w, battery Trojan 6v/400ah, inverter prag 48v/6kw. Cc outback 80a. That is not enough for you. You want the street and the country where the items were produced. I believe no one will give you the full spec of the items because that is the secret of any contract.

Bros I gave him a breakdown. Just because one has a recipe does not guarantee a good result. I have no fears. I have had people use my quotes to bid for jobs while others were legitimate buyers. It is part of doing business.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1687) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: orkman(m), durodee(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.