Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,289 members, 7,860,680 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:14 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2146035 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) ... (1744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 8:37am On Feb 06
ojeysky:
3 years+ on this one and still counting. Performance still great.
This is impressive 😁
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:04am On Feb 06
Johnaira16:

I'm interested!

Reach me
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:12am On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Okay.. but the thing is, i ran a separate socket to the inverter output (not connected to the house) and it was still doing the same thing. Now I'm confused something is actually wrong with the inverter itself

What exactly is the issue in the first place?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:19am On Feb 06
Some pv go don gather heavy dust turning sand covering full surfaces. Yield would probably be 30%.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06
If you need your solar panels sparkling clean this period, am available and actively willing to clean them up.
If you are within Warri and Lagos environ hit me up, so I can hit the ground running grin grin grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:48pm On Feb 06
Obnoxious2001:
If you need your solar panels sparkling clean this period, am available and actively willing to clean them up.
If you are within Warri and Lagos environ hit me up, so I can hit the ground running grin grin grin grin

I fear who no fear you.
All round man grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 2:01pm On Feb 06
Seires issue.
Like all the socket in the house still have smalls
Current even when the socket is off, and it's making devices like phone and laptop misbehave when plgged in while using.
I discovered this only happens when solar is charging, (the inverter is an hybrid) it works well if Solar breaker is off or it's night already . I know getting an external charge controller will fix the issue. But I'd like to get to the root of this issue at hand
dollarnaira:

What exactly is the issue in the first place?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 2:51pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Seires issue.
Current even when the socket is off, and it's making devices like phone and laptop misbehave when plgged in while using.
I discovered this only happens when solar is charging, (the inverter is an hybrid) it works well if Solar breaker is off or it's night already . I know getting an external charge controller will fix the issue. But I'd like to get to the root of this issue at hand

Your inverter is "likely" a modified sine wave.

Check if a regular fan hums when working.

Plug the phone or laptop directly to the Inverter and check.

If the floor is tiled, touch battery terminals with your bare hands for electrical "shock" when powered on.

Lastly, get a tester for current on battery terminals.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 2:54pm On Feb 06
Tested the battery current with a normal electricity AC tester (not multimeter).
It was showing power which was weird.
DC no suppose dey conduct electricity.

Even the solar panel pole from the inverter conducted electricity on the tester.

Also. I have tried creating a socket outpout just to plug phone to it and test. The whole issue still persists, so it's not like something is wrong with the house wiring.
dollarnaira:

If the floor is tiled, touch battery terminals with your bare hands for electrical "shock" when powered on.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 3:51pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Tested the battery current with a normal electricity AC tester (not multimeter).
It was showing power which was weird.
DC no suppose dey conduct electricity.

Even the solar panel pole from the inverter conducted electricity on the tester.

Also. I have tried creating a socket outpout just to plug phone to it and test. The whole issue still persists, so it's not like something is wrong with the house wiring.

Obviously your inverter is msw.
Reason I like dem individual. Not bc of ur case oo, i no like hybrid one bit.
Now, it is difficult to confirm the fault- in built inverter, charger, or cc. One major reason i detest hybrid is how to confirm if the cc is pwm or mppt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 4:42pm On Feb 06
They said it's Mppt on paper

I spoke to their office i bought the inverter from. After so much do this do that, they finally asked me to bring the inverter in for them to check up. Maybe na replacement e need or what not. Inverter wey i just installed for Akure o. Client is really pissed now, he said i should just come install a secondary charge controller and we should just move past the issue because inverter fit reach their office mak dem say nothing do am and they send it back again.
My issue is if I'm to install another CC, na pwm e go be cos I'm not about to spend over 100k on a CC wey client no go pay for and if the one built in with the inverter is really Mppt then it will work better than the PWM.
I just dey confused like this
dollarnaira:

Obviously your inverter is msw.
Reason I like dem individual. Not bc of ur case oo, i no like hybrid one bit.
Now, it is difficult to confirm the fault- in built inverter, charger, or cc. One major reason i detest hybrid is how to confirm if the cc is pwm or mppt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06
dollarnaira:

I fear who no fear you.
All round man grin
Oga mi am loyal. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Seires issue.
Does it happen on Nepa?
Does all the lights in the house still glow even after you off it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Seires issue.
Wait is the cc in the inverter faulty.

That fault is an electrical fault not an inverter problem.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06
dollarnaira:

: grin grin grin
Na why DIY forum no good be this.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06
Only on inverter
Gen and nepa is fine
Obnoxious2001:

Does it happen on Nepa?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 5:01pm On Feb 06
Na wetin we no know b this o

This issue only occurs when the PV is changing, once sun goes off or i off PV breaker
Everything is okay
Obnoxious2001:

Wait is the cc in the inverter faulty.

That fault is an electrical fault not an inverter problem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 5:04pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
Na wetin we no know b this o

This issue only occurs when the PV is changing, once sun goes off or i off PV breaker
Everything is okay
What product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 5:06pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:

I spoke to their office i bought the inverter from. After so much do this do that, they finally asked me to bring the inverter in for them to check up. Maybe na replacement e need or what not. Inverter wey i just installed for Akure o. Client is really pissed now, he said i should just come install a secondary charge controller and we should just move past the issue because inverter fit reach their office mak dem say nothing do am and they send it back again.
My issue is if I'm to install another CC, na pwm e go be cos I'm not about to spend over 100k on a CC wey client no go pay for and if the one built in with the inverter is really Mppt then it will work better than the PWM.
this ur issue only happens when the pv breaker is on. Please disconnect all devices both inverter, wires, pv, battery and all breakers like u never installed anything Start troubleshooting with a gen set then move to phcn. If none of these isssyes occur on both sides then reinstall your devices one ny one. First only inverter and battery since its hybrid) then try to charge from phcn or gen.observe if the issue occurs there.

If u feel this is going to b a stress. Just get a temporary cc to test before you tink of buying anoda

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 5:11pm On Feb 06
This part has been eliminated already

This issue only happen on the inverter
Gen and phcn works fine, even while the inverter is connected and charging with PV. If nepa light come or generator is on
Everything is okay until u switch to inverter.
i.e. The problem is only present when pv is changing and inveter is working. Doesn't happen on nepa or gen
brightk:
this ur issue only happens when the pv breaker is on. Please disconnect all devices both inverter, wires, pv, battery and all breakers like u never installed anything Start troubleshooting with a gen set then move to phcn. If none of these isssyes occur on both sides then reinstall your devices one ny one. First only inverter and battery since its hybrid) then try to charge from phcn or gen.observe if the issue occurs there.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 5:11pm On Feb 06
SMS sunmate Hybrid inverter
Obnoxious2001:

What product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 5:14pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:
This part has been eliminated already

This issue only happen on the inverter
Gen and phcn works fine, even while the inverter is connected and charging with PV. If nepa light come or generator is on
Everything is okay until u switch to inverter.
i.e. The problem is only present when pv is changing and inveter is working. Doesn't happen on nepa or gen
get anoda cc and test pls.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:48pm On Feb 06
JoeSef0:

Get Powmr CC. It is true MPPT and much less than 100k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 7:56pm On Feb 06
sharks776:

I want one, contact pls

My contact is in my signature
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Iinnov8: 7:59pm On Feb 06
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available

Price: 82,000 firm

Limited quantity available

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06
That's about 80k.
I'll be getting the CC out of my own pocket. That's too much for me to cover

odimbannamdi:

Get Powmr CC. It is true MPPT and much less than 100k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:55pm On Feb 06
Obnoxious2001:

Does it happen on Nepa?

Please, what actually cause the bolded effect when inverter is in use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 6:36am On Feb 07
JoeSef0:
That's about 80k.
I'll be getting the CC out of my own pocket. That's too much for me to cover

As a professional installer, you just don't look at the monetary amount/value alone. Consider the customers satisfaction also. Trust me, both you and the customer will be more happier in the future if you deliver a more satisfactory work today. That's how you get more recommendations.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JoeSef0(m): 6:45am On Feb 07
👍
sharks776:

As a professional installer, you just don't look at the monetary amount/value alone. Consider the customers satisfaction also. Trust me, both you and the customer will be more happier in the future if you deliver a more satisfactory work today. That's how you get more recommendations.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by MGDIMA4: 8:16am On Feb 07
Please what and what do I have to construct
A solar that can carry my laptop and my LED TV only please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by princely009: 8:16am On Feb 07
Great advice. I do this alot in my line of business but only when the issue isnt frm the client's end. Sometimes, you jst gat to make some loss to keep the client happy and satisfied. And a satisfied/happy client means more business deals frm that client. Most times, you may even recoup your loss frm their next purchase or their next recommendation.
sharks776:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1565) (1566) (1567) (1568) (1569) (1570) (1571) ... (1744) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.