Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051280 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by guente02(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27
Drgreatone:

Whats code 20 in the manual? Is it the ac or solar or both that wasnt charging the battery? Did u use breakers/spds in installing it? Sorry I'm having to ask this questions and takin u back to the hurt it caused
I've moved on from that Inverter, I just want to get another one with better quality.
Who can suggest a better 24v inverter, I don't even want it to be hybrid.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 1:08pm On Feb 27
Tokunbo original capacity panels

200w mono 61k
250 mono 81k
250w mono (black colour) 85k
310w mono 91k
460w mono 140k

250w Poly 61k
270 poly 66k

New panels
550w mono 150k
550w mono (Bi-facial) 155k

Bulk purchases available, also unit purchases.

DM for current price as Prices keep fluctuating
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 1:23pm On Feb 27
Joyprime:
I need review of this cloud energy 1.5kva hybrid 12v inverter

They said they have free service center under warranty.

People who have used their products pls help
Anyone that has used this cloud inverter should please give us the review.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 1:25pm On Feb 27
guente02:

I've moved on from that Inverter, I just want to get another one with better quality.
I think 24v Zinnox hybrid is good.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:56pm On Feb 27
bassdow:

well you know your space better BUT for me, nothing remains constant.

one day, you go want to upgrade one way or the other. except say na your own house, and you don swear say you no go ever outGrow am.

Copper is a better conductor but costs so much more. Aluminium is good conductor, though not exactly like copper but you hardly would notice it. And it's so much cheaper.

Aluminium cable could cost just 10,000 naira , when Copper cable of shorter length, would cost upwards of 50,000 naira.

For me, I rather spend more getting better quality Batteries, Charge Controllers, Solar Panels, Inverter.

Correct
Agreed to this.
Solar can never be 100%.
Why spend more to get just 10% increase.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:01pm On Feb 27
Whats the maximum recommended current for a 6mm and 10mm solar cable wire. Want to learn from ppl's personal experience. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:23pm On Feb 27
Drgreatone:
Whats the maximum recommended current for a 6mm and 10mm solar cable wire. Want to learn from ppl's personal experience. Thanks

6mm² = 30A recommended
10mm² = 40A recommended
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:05pm On Feb 27
Starplus 220ah batteries available

Price - 295k

Call/chat - 081173nine8294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:07pm On Feb 27
guente02:

Snadi
Cloud
Kartel
Afripower
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 3:34pm On Feb 27
zeestone99:
Starplus 220ah batteries available

Price - 295k

Call/chat - 081173nine8294

This battery is now almost 300k? Interesting
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:19pm On Feb 27
Gshems:
Please people, I have a 1000 watt sachets inverter and 100ah battery. I want to get Solar panel for this system but I am being told a 300watt panel can’t charge the battery efficiently. How true is this?
with MPPT charge controller, 300w would be perfect. with PWM, 2pcs 300w (for ease of future upgrade) OR 2pcs 150w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:26pm On Feb 27
Abiono28:
Pls house, where can I get 12v 20a LFP charger?
Also i have a yohako inverter with inbuilt charger but i was told it will overcharge the battery. Is there a way to circumvent this ?
Note the battery has bms

that shouldn't happen if the [in-built] charge controller has chargeing profile, and knows it's work. it ought to know when to cut off supply.

why not get a dedicated charge controller. Most do have profiles you could select. Seems the BMS no sabi him work. Make I allow those wey dey use Lithium on daily basis talk
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejavus: 4:30pm On Feb 27
Valto:
12v 1600w pure sine wave sachet inverter available 65k
48v 2000w pure sine wave sachet inverter available 95k
12v 2kw hybrid inverter (2000w pv capacity) 280k
24v 3.2kw hybrid inverter (3000w pv capacity) 350k/with wifi dongle 400k
48v 6.2kw hybrid inverter 500k /with wifi dongle 550k
4pcs 135ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (70k each)
8pcs 104ah lifepo4 lithium cells available (55k each)
24pcs 150ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available(90k each)
16pcs brand new grade A EVE 280ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available
8pcs eve 280ah Lifepo4 Lithium battery cells available
4pcs eve lifepo4 lithium battery cells available.

whatsapp me on 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

Welcome back bro, Nice to have you back!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:33pm On Feb 27
dejavus:

Welcome back bro, Nice to have you back!
thanks so much bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:34pm On Feb 27
guente02:
Hey Guys

I'm planning to set up a solar power system to charge two 24V, 150Ah batteries during 8 hours of sunshine.
I intend to use a 24V hybrid inverter. I tried SMK but it packed up in months.
Can you suggest the specific components I'll need to buy, along with their ratings, to achieve this?

Firstly, all these 24-volts system comprising of only 2-batteries ain't good for battery health.

Secondly, to recharge battery bank of 24v 150AH, you need at least 2pcs of 300w Solar panels. Add extra if you can afford it.

Thirdly, abeg, use a dedicated charge controller. I suggest MPPT

Fourthly, Hybrid inverters, are very similar to sachet inverters. Most ain't durable, though they don't waste resources but still, dem sabi spoil any how.

Fiftly, for the battery, except you can afford lithium battery, and know where and how to source for Genuine ones, buy quality Wet / Dry Battery (Tubular batteries are much better)

Since your setup is very small, except you don't mind extra costs, no need buying unnecessary accessories like Battery Rack, Solar rails, Copper cables, etc.
For Cable to connect Solar panels to Charge controller, that Thick NEPA wire (coming directly from NEPA pole to building) is more than enough and very very cheap also.
In place of Solar rails, something as simple as binding wire (sold where they sell building materials) would do.

try to include circuit breaker in your setUp sha.

PS: Hopefully, you're very much aware that with Acid batteries, that your 150AH battery should be viewed as 75AH or even 70AH battery, except you want it to pack up quickly irrespective of it's quality.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:40pm On Feb 27
Obnoxious2001:

Who said so?
e be like say Him don read someThing someWhere
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:41pm On Feb 27
ti4c:
I'm looking to get a solar system on a budget because my aim is to have light to work on my laptop and fan throughout the day and last till at least 12 midnight.

I need advice on solar panels(I'm looking to get 2), price of battery that will last that long, inverter.

My budget is 250k. It's just to power my laptop for my work throughout the day.. no tv, fridge.

Thank you .
That your budget sef could hardly buy a single 200AH battery of average quality
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:48pm On Feb 27
Trippledots:

There is a guy that sells lithium battery bank with DC adaptors for laptops and rechargeable fans. I think you are a better off with that solution than a full inverter installation at the budget.

DC to DC is very very efficient.

It also comes with small DC bulbs on request that won't drain your battery so fast.
issue is, most of those toys, ain't built to last. Even when they come with ports to connect external solar panels, inside, na very cheap PWM charge controller dem bake inside. The circuit boards sef are flimsy.

Batteries nk, Don't wanna say Most are harvested but most are of low quality.

There's a way I run laptops directly from battery but for someone who's not good with electrical things, would be better you setUp a complete Solar system, but without inVerter, but with single battery since load would be very small.

All you need is Solar Panels + Battery + Charge Controller . Depending on wether your laptop na the stubborn type, you could connect it directly to the load port of your charge controller OR spend a little bit extra on something to boost the 12v to 19v.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:58pm On Feb 27
ti4c:
I'm looking to get a solar system on a budget because my aim is to have light to work on my laptop and fan throughout the day and last till at least 12 midnight.

I need advice on solar panels(I'm looking to get 2), price of battery that will last that long, inverter.

My budget is 250k. It's just to power my laptop for my work throughout the day.. no tv, fridge.

Thank you .

There's a way I run laptops directly from battery but for someone who's not good with electrical things, would be better you setUp a complete Solar system, but without inVerter, but with single battery since load would be very small.

All you need is Solar Panels + Battery + Charge Controller . Depending on wether your laptop na the stubborn type, you could connect it directly to the load port of your charge controller OR spend a little bit extra on something to boost the 12v to 19v.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 5:18pm On Feb 27
zeestone99:

Snadi
Cloud
Kartel
Afripower

Bro what of 12v inverter which do you suggest
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mvphenryeto5: 5:19pm On Feb 27
zeestone99:

Snadi
Cloud
Kartel
Afripower

Is this ba3 satrplus better than fullriver lead acid?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27
bassdow:

issue is, most of those toys, ain't built to last. Even when they come with ports to connect external solar panels, inside, na very cheap PWM charge controller dem bake inside. The circuit boards sef are flimsy.

Batteries nk, Don't wanna say Most are harvested but most are of low quality.

You have a point.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 6:50pm On Feb 27
mvphenryeto5:

Is this ba3 satrplus better than fullriver lead acid?

You can't compare a tubular battery to a dry cell battery, the former has 50% DOD while the later has 70-80% DOD
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jikaseo(f): 7:25pm On Feb 27
How much would this set up cost sir?

isangjohnson:

You have about 149w total loads from what you listed above.
An average laptop consumed about 40w.
Tv 45w with eco mode.
Two phones 32w.
Three bulbs 15w.
Fan 17w.
If you can manage your loads by not putting on everything at the same time, then I can couple 100ah 12v lifepo4 battery with a smart bms and voltmeter/battery terminals, 500w 12v hybrid inverter with two pcs of 180w panels in HDF wooden box for you.
The panel capacity is small though but you can manage it till you have money to add another one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jikaseo(f): 7:34pm On Feb 27
Are the 300watts panel still available and can j see pictures? Location also...

Trippledots:

Hi everyone, good morning.

Those used panels are still available Incase anyone is interested.

However there is a deal that just came to my notice from the same place I got my previous earlier cracked panels from. But these are non-cracked, decommissioned, tier 1 panels. They were decommissioned due to upgrade of panels to higher watts.

It's *#141/watt* between 300w and 395w capacities are available.

They are most likely mono panels, but I can't confirm that.

The deadline is the 17th of this month. If interested, DM me sharply.

Cheers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jikaseo(f): 7:44pm On Feb 27
Hello house.. I trust we are all doing good and I must salute every solar energy professional and users in this forum for their contributions. I've learnt a lot being here.

Please I would like to ask if anyone knows where I can get very durable batteries for rechargeable fans. I need a 12v7.5A, 6V4.5A. this is very urgent.

Either ready made or DIY, as long as it'll be durable. Thank you all for your contributions.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jikaseo(f): 7:48pm On Feb 27
Can I use a 550w Jinko panel alongside 4pcs of already existing 300w panels?
Jefferyzz:
Buy original 550w jinko. 6 pieces is ok for ur 2.8kw setup. I hope u know there limit to the amount of current u can pull from ur tubular batteries so u don end up with a tired battery after just 1yr of use
U can buy from trusted distributor n sellers. Just don't buy anywhere
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:51pm On Feb 27
jikaseo:
How much would this set up cost sir?

I don't have 100ah Lifepo4 battery for it now. I've a coupled system with 350w inverter, 12v 50ah lifepo4 battery with smart bms and a 180w pv for 400k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:58pm On Feb 27
Edrizz:

You can't compare a tubular battery to a dry cell battery, the former has 50% DOD while the later has 70-80% DOD
I don't understand what you mean by dry cell having 70-80% dod.
All I know is that all lead acid batteries, whether dry cells or wed cells have 50% dod.
It's only lithium that have 80% dod.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by icjunior(m): 8:39pm On Feb 27
Please who knows how to use this timer socket?
I'd like to be able to set it to come on when the sun comes up,say 11am and go off 3pm everyday.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:42pm On Feb 27
jikaseo:
Hello house.. I trust we are all doing good and I must salute every solar energy professional and users in this forum for their contributions. I've learnt a lot being here.

Please I would like to ask if anyone knows where I can get very durable batteries for rechargeable fans. I need a 12v7.5A, 6V4.5A. this is very urgent.

Either ready made or DIY, as long as it'll be durable. Thank you all for your contributions.

Check any local market that sells things like electronic parts, fan repair area for these batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 9:10pm On Feb 27
Drgreatone:
Take this chart and enjoy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Ayomipoe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.