Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2088339 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (1707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:54am On Apr 29
ebrymDIY:
Hello Guyz,
I just needed a professional opinion on this.
I currently have a 12V system with 1000W(4X250) PV in use for about 3years connected to 2 220AH tubular with a 60A CC.
Experience has been good but I'm thinking of upgrading to a Hybrid system. Reasons been that I want to do it in phases myself.
Base on the research in this thread i was able to drill down to the following hardwares:

SMS Hybrid Inverter 2kva/ 2000W 12V (Mppt 80A)
625W X 4 Jinko PV due to space.

However, based on my research, I'm skeptical about the inverter ability to handle the energy from the panel or go the route of upgrading to a 24V system with 120A CC with same amount of panels due to space.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone used that Inverter and whether it can stand test of time.
2. Based on the ratings I've seen for the inverter being 4000W for PV, with it be able to handle future PV addition.
3. Would you advice upgrade the system to a 24V system with 120A CC.

NB: Everything is within a budget and can't exceed but has been prioritized.

All opinions are welcome.

Upgrade to 24v.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:23am On Apr 29
SMS hybrids are decent,I have installed 2 this year and no fault so far. I'll advise u look into 24v rather than 12v. Max Ur battery will charge is 960w
ebrymDIY:
Hello Guyz,
I currently have a 12V system with 1000W(4X250) PV in use for about 3years connected to 2 220AH tubular with a 60A CC.
Experience has been good but I'm thinking of upgrading to a Hybrid system. Reasons been that I want to do it in phases myself.
Base on the research in this thread i was able to drill down to the following hardwares:

However, based on my research, I'm skeptical about the inverter ability to handle the energy from the panel or go the route of upgrading to a 24V system with 120A CC with same amount of panels due to space.

My questions are:
2. Based on the ratings I've seen for the inverter being 4000W for PV, with it be able to handle future PV addition.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 11:42am On Apr 29
Get a 24v system instead.

ebrymDIY:
Hello Guyz,

My questions are:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 11:45am On Apr 29
ebrymDIY:
Hello Guyz,

My questions are:

In another news, please would you be selling the 250watt pvs?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N13,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N15,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N3,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N9,000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N7,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense...

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 1:02pm On Apr 29
JINKO 555W- 160,000
JINKO 580W-170,000

An authorized dealer in Ikorodu.
Fouani supplied.
Delivery available.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:49pm On Apr 29
durodee:
I will advice you STRONGLY not to sell. You will not be able to get it at the price you sold it if you need it back . Moreover, you won't have any backup in case anything happens. Find money for your upgrade. You will have reasons to remember this advice in the future.

But wouldn't it be unsafe to have a backup that may not be used for years? Won't the device breakdown?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:46pm On Apr 29
ebrymDIY:
Hello Guyz,

My questions are:

Does ur present system charge ur batteries full? Guess u combined batteries in parallel. How did they combine the panels for you? Is the CC Pwm or mppt? Max a 60amp wud take theoretically is 720w and u using 1000w of panels
To answer ur question
1) Its actually 2kva/1600watt inverter. 3mths old now and doing its work. Comes wit 1 year warranty
2) The max panels u can use is 3000watts
3) why do u want to change ur CC. Is ur present specs not carrying ur load. Since u already av 2 batteries, I'd advice u just get a standalone 24v inverter, change ur battery to series and add more panels to ur CC

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 5:47pm On Apr 29
Jefferyzz:
SMS hybrids are decent,I have installed 2 this year and no fault so far. I'll advise u look into 24v rather than 12v. Max Ur battery will charge is 960w
What do u mean by ur last sentence? Not clear
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29
Anyone here with review and internal consumption of this axperxt inverter

Would really appreciate feedback

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 8:58pm On Apr 29
My friend hybrid solar inverter is 3.2KW, its nominal operating voltage are 240VDC, he has 2 solar panels of 545W which produces 96V, but batteries are not getting charged, what is the issue?I told him to add more solar panel

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 9:23pm On Apr 29
obinna37:
My friend hybrid solar inverter is 3.2KW, its nominal operating voltage are 240VDC, he has 2 solar panels of 545W which produces 96V, but batteries are not getting charged, what is the issue?I told him to add more solar panel

He needs panels in series that will produce 260v and above, that's the disadvantage of these HV hybrid inverter compare to the standalone CC for small size installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29
bbally:

He needs panels in series that will produce 260v and above, that's the disadvantage of these HV hybrid inverter compare to the standalone CC for small size installation.
you mean he still need four more panels to achieve that,omoh. He don enter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29
obinna37:
you mean he still need four more panels to achieve that,[b]omoh. He don ente[/b]r

Lol...this cracked me up. Na just money him go spend. Nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29
obinna37:

This model required 120V... If he adds one more 545W it will work fine.

the 30-400V type works with 1Panel..

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29
odimbannamdi:

Lol...this cracked me up. Na just money him go spend. Nothing else
if you know how he squeeze himself to buy stuff,I even advice him to start with 12v system,he said he wants to power every every, dollar dey rise my guy dey cry
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 10:03pm On Apr 29
Dam5reey:

And the one panel can charge a battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29
Dam5reey:

pls tell me it's true,he should add one panel,I don even tell him,he will need more four panel,my guy cut phone for hear

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29
bbally:

Not 260V.
we have High voltage starting at 36V now.
this is Sako 1.64KW watts panels producing 1.43KW with only 4 panels rated at 31Vmp
total input is 113V from PV

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29
obinna37:
pls tell me it's true,he should add one panel,I don even tell him,he will need more four panel,my guy cut phone for hear

he should check what his manual says if in doubt..
this is the manual attached.
they used minimum 4 panels 250watts, of 30Vmp.. meaning 4 X 30 = 120V..
the 545 has more than 40Vmp X 3 is 120V.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29
Dam5reey:

he should check what his manual says if in doubt..
I'm not doubting you,the guy himself just they reason where him go see #150k to buy one more panel now, already his plan is to buy three panel, but due to finance,he decided to mount this two, maybe later he add the remaining one,now the two no work.abeg our elders in the house make ona put mouth for this matter and help a brother
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29
obinna37:
I'm not doubting you,the guy himself just they reason where him go see #150k to buy one more panel now, already his plan is to buy three panel, but due to finance,he decided to mount this two, maybe later he add the remaining one,now the two no work.abeg our elders in the house make ona put mouth for this matter and help a brother

Sorry I was in a rush to reply without complete information, I have attached the manual showing how many panels he needs, he can push for one more panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29
Dam5reey:

Sorry I was in a rush to reply without complete information, I have attached the manual showing how many panels he needs, he can push for one more panel.
Thank you so much, let me tell him,he has no option than to look for money and buy it, unless him go dey look inverter, inverter go dey look am
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:03pm On Apr 29
obinna37:
according to specifications, the mppt voltage range is 90v - 430v
so need get an extra 545W panel to make it work. but 2 more panel will be optimal. cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 11:04pm On Apr 29
80a*12v
Drgreatone:

What do u mean by ur last sentence? Not clear
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obinna37(m): 11:32pm On Apr 29
Valto:
according to specifications, the mppt voltage range is 90v - 430v
so need get an extra 545W panel to make it work. but 2 more panel will be optimal. cheers smiley
thank you Valto
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:10am On Apr 30
Dam5reey:

410W
VMP 31.36V Imp 13.08A
VOC 37.32 ISC 14.00A
108 half cell

Are these values at STC or NOCT?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 4:35am On Apr 30
I am not aware that CC goes bad because it was not used for a number of years.
It does not have an internal Battery that runs flat or anything like that.
Sapiosexuality:
But wouldn't it be unsafe to have a backup that may not be used for years? Won't the device breakdown?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:05am On Apr 30
durodee:
Once they gather dust, you will see rust and all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 10:11am On Apr 30
Everything goes bad eventually but I have used CC bought 5 years ago recently without any issues. An EPsolar 30amps CC. Those ones with Aluminum casing. One of my very early ones grin
Dam5reey:

Once they gather dust, you will see rust and all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:22am On Apr 30
durodee:
If I may ask, from experience, how long, on average, would you say a hybrid inverter lasts before it breaks down or develops fault?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eagba(m): 12:47pm On Apr 30
Please house I need answers er with this;
My wife is running on a budget, so she's thinking of getting solar panels for charging to complement her pos bizness.
Now the thing is, she want to know if she can get only solar, no batteries and maybe charge controller for charging of customers phones and devices.
Thanks sirs and mas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1682) (1683) (1684) (1685) (1686) (1687) (1688) ... (1707) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Fiyincious, de3lar(m), jmaxjohn(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.