Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059281 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:56pm On Apr 22
Peterlove11:

Airtel unlimited is preferable......Have been using it(Airtel unlimited) since December. Speed capped but truly unlimited. 20000 for 20mbps, You can't go wrong with it.
anywhere wey airtel mast never reach starlink na full bar for there.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:11pm On Apr 22
TechGeek777:

Growatt is far better, heard Gennex is not too good with warranty on their inverters.

If you are not getting VICTRON, get DEYE, but if Deye is above you budget, get GROWATT, if Growatt is still above your budget get SRNE.

Any high frequency inverter outside above 4 mentioned inverters, just get SMS Sunmate Inverter if going for 24v or 48v.

NB: iPowerPlus 5kva is still good if going for low frequency inverter.
Must inverters nko?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:20pm On Apr 22
Anyone wit a functioning 60amp mppt they are not using or willing to dispose of at shikini price? Pls holla 😁😁😁
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:21pm On Apr 22
walexsos:

The voc of the charge controller is 145v
U didnt add ur panel's own
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by walexsos: 9:56pm On Apr 22
Drgreatone:

U didnt add ur panel's own

Its 38v that is on the panel while i get 103 for the 3s combination.....note ...i am not an installer if my answers aint adequate enough
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by medulla01(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22
[Notice d same when I'm using it with lead acid battery but on my lithum battery I never notice suchquote author=zenith4biz post=129571067]

I noticed this also but I found out,the controller is best used when using panels with same voltage as battery.

12v solar panel for 12v battery
24v solar panels for 24v battery

When you run your panels in series, then the controller enters float na there e go dey even if you apply load thereby wasting solar yield [/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by alosbaba007(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22
TechGeek777:

Growatt is far better, heard Gennex is not too good with warranty on their inverters.

If you are not getting VICTRON, get DEYE, but if Deye is above you budget, get GROWATT, if Growatt is still above your budget get SRNE.

Any high frequency inverter outside above 4 mentioned inverters, just get SMS Sunmate Inverter if going for 24v or 48v.

NB: iPowerPlus 5kva is still good if going for low frequency inverter.

Thanks my Chairman make i google SRNE Inverters for better comparison, Deye and Victron pass the budget at hand.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iamphilips(m): 10:29pm On Apr 22
jonescosmos:

Can we subscribe or renew in Naira now?

Yes you can, accepts most Nigerian cards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 10:45pm On Apr 22
Peterlove11:

Airtel unlimited is preferable......Have been using it(Airtel unlimited) since December. Speed capped but truly unlimited. 20000 for 20mbps, You can't go wrong with it.

Respectfully sir, if you enjoy using 20Mbps in 2024, you need therapy fast.
Why pay 20k for 20Mbps when you can pay 38k/49k for 300Mbps, ehn baby?
When I switched to Starlink I kept paying for Airtel & MTN as backup; you know how it is with Nigerian networks that can disappear at any moment. After two payment cycles and Starlink "refused to go offline for even 1 second" typical of Nigerian networks; I had to stop "wasting money on backup internet. I didn't even use 1MB". Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 10:55pm On Apr 22
walexsos:

Its 38v that is on the panel while i get 103 for the 3s combination.....note ...i am not an installer if my answers aint adequate enough
If ur panels VOC is 145, then u can still do a 4s connection. U already at the upper limit of what ur charge controller can take so adding panels wud be putting it at risk. It cant take more than 3300watts and u already on 3600watts already.
Does ur battery get full during the day? Ow much is ur total loads during the day/night? U may av to upgrade ur charge controller to 80a/100a if u are to add more panels. A lithium battery wud be a good replacement as it can take a higher charge current but this wud only make sense if ur present battery bank is weak already/needs replacement.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 5:30am On Apr 23
Drgreatone:

Must inverters nko?
Must inverter is not bad, though I may prefer Felicity inverter.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 5:52am On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

When I switched to Starlink I kept paying for Airtel & MTN as backup; you know how it is with Nigerian networks that can disappear at any moment. After two payment cycles and Starlink "refused to go offline for even 1 second" typical of Nigerian networks; I had to stop "wasting money on backup internet. I didn't even use 1MB". Your guess is as good as mine.

He said it serves his use case. So different strokes for different folks. Some folks ain't heavy users. They just basically surf and stream some media online. That's basically it. Not everyone wants to spend above minimum wage every month on Internet subscription.

Many people are shying away from starlink due to the relatively high cost of the hardware. Starlink also have their issues I guess?

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 6:38am On Apr 23
isangjohnson:

Must inverter is not bad, though I may prefer Felicity inverter.

Felicity Inverter 100%
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:45am On Apr 23
Drgreatone:

Must inverters nko?
Tbb inverters are also very rugged and are Low frequency, though they are a bit pricey but have excellent customer support with after sales service
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 7:26am On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

Only advantage here for Starlink id reliability, most users are fine with 20mbps. You dont need more than that for entertainment usage, Starlink 100mbps is overkill..

Your Airtel router can be moved around, Starlink is not.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 7:31am On Apr 23
Meanwhile, any company or factory that needs solar power as a service, me and some chairmen want to start am next year.... Though we could start visiting potential sites from August... Minimum is 150kw.... We can go up to 1Mw per site if the space is available... We would love if its located around the northern corridor where there is generous sunlight... We are going to bear 100% initial cost... If there is going to be a mix of solar and diesel gen (emergency)... We would bear the cost of the gen and its diesel too.. Your own is to pay premium rates for every KWh your site is consuming from us...and sign to only buy electricity from us for some period of years.... (we would love if its a factory that converts raw materials into finished or semi finished goods... Raw materials that are of abundance in Nigeria).

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:59am On Apr 23
Dam5reey1:

Only advantage here for Starlink id reliability, most users are fine with 20mbps. You dont need more than that for entertainment usage, Starlink 100mbps is overkill..

20mbps isn't 20MBps.

You're essentially capped at 2.5MBps, and I'm willing to bet it's lower than that most of the time. Don't see why any serious internet user would limit themselves to such pitiful speeds.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by twinskenny(m): 8:40am On Apr 23
twinskenny:
I have this Mopower 24v inverter gathering dust in my office

Working perfectly.

Any taker? Am looking for 110k

WhatsApp

Still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 8:53am On Apr 23
Good day my able professionalsl
I want to fully upgrade my solar system to 48v and I have been eyeing this GROWATT SPF 3500 ES 48V INVERTER.
Here are my concern, I read it online that it's a high frequency inverter, of which 50/60Hz was stated in its sheet.
I need clarifications

Professional in the house, I need your input...
@jonescosmos
@valto
@Techgeek777
@Bassdow
@isangjohnson
@dollarnaira
@swaglifted
@penuelseun
@other professionals in the

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:06am On Apr 23
dbshaywhy:
Good day my able professionalsl
I want to fully upgrade my solar system to 48v and I have been eyeing this [b][/b]GROWATT SPF 3500 ES 48V INVERTER.
Here are my concern, I read it online that it's a high frequency inverter, of which 50/60Hz was stated in its sheet.
Then what's advantages and disadvantages of high frequency to lw frequency inverter?

Professional in the house, I need your input...
@jonescosmos
@valto
@Techgeek777
@Bassdow
@isangjohnson
@dollarnaira
@swaglifted
@penuelseun
@other professionals in the

Been a while I was last in here. No dey easy Ooo. we dey find work till work keep us very busy.

Okay with regards to your question, I wan talk something.

It's better we learn how to use the Search Engines such as Google.com , Nothing bad coming in here to ask for clarifiications from probably those who knows better BUT first make an attempt at helping yourself.

Nobody wey dem born with knowledge. We all learnt in this world.

I dey talk am so as to avoid you guys having People forming Alpa & Omega on-top small basic things you could have known yourselves.

Some people go even give out huge projects to the wrong person just because the person was able to tell them a couple of things. When in essence, a sinple google search could have told you much more.
Who knows, mayBe even those PROs you're expecting to spoonFeed you did a googleSearch to copy what they told you.

Person fit go copy something tell you, without telling you some other things, mayBe they didn't know.

@dbshaywhy , just understand that everything has got it's PROs and CONs hence you need know and understtand both sides to take an informed decision. Should you deligate that to a marketer or one looking to get paid by you, then you run risk of being taken advantage of.

If I were in your shoes, I would NOT go for a High Frequency Inverter . AnyOne who understands transformers, should probably know why. To know why yourself, feel free to use the search engines - they would tell you much more than most people would tell you in here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:10am On Apr 23
HeavenlyBang:

20mbps isn't 20MBps.

You're essentially capped at 2.5MBps, and I'm willing to bet it's lower than that most of the time. Don't see why any serious internet user would limit themselves to such pitiful speeds.

even before the launch of starLink in Nigeria, I have spoken on it a couple of times - satelitte internet is MOSTly useful if you resiide in very deep interior bushes places where common GSM call struggles. In terms of speed & cost, it's SLOWer and COSTlier. But often reliable. e get reason why it's regularly used by the Millitary.

I am pretty sure over 40% of those who rushed to buy it have either sold theirs, or are looking to dispose it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:12am On Apr 23
Dam5reey1:

make heavy rain start, or weather change any how, you go see saterlite Internet behaving like DSTV & GLO

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:14am On Apr 23
EduTechTainMent:

He said it serves his use case. So different strokes for different folks. Some folks ain't heavy users. They just basically surf and stream some media online. That's basically it. Not everyone wants to spend above minimum wage every month on Internet subscription.

Many people are shying away from starlink due to the relatively high cost of the hardware. Starlink also have their issues I guess?
imagine say you be tenant, and you wan mount their dish for una small compound.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 9:16am On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

what if wetin him dey do online differs much from yours ?
abi you think say that extra 18,000 to 29,000 naira na ant change ?

what about initial cost of acquisition ? you think say na everybody get am ?

what about space to mount hardware - You think say na everyBody get such ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 9:22am On Apr 23
bassdow:

Been a while I was last in here. No dey easy Ooo. we dey find work till work keep us very busy.

Okay with regards to your question, I wan talk something.

It's better we learn how to use the Search Engines such as Google.com , Nothing bad coming in here to ask for clarifiications from probably those who knows better BUT first make an attempt at helping yourself.

Nobody wey dem born with knowledge. We all learnt in this world.

I dey talk am so as to avoid you guys having People forming Alpa & Omega on-top small basic things you could have known yourselves.

Some people go even give out huge projects to the wrong person just because the person was able to tell them a couple of things. When in essence, a sinple google search could have told you much more.
Who knows, mayBe even those PROs you're expecting to spoonFeed you did a googleSearch to copy what they told you.

Person fit go copy something tell you, without telling you some other things, mayBe they didn't know.

@dbshaywhy , just understand that everything has got it's PROs and CONs hence you need know and understtand both sides to take an informed decision. Should you deligate that to a marketer or one looking to get paid by you, then you run risk of being taken advantage of.

If I were in your shoes, I would NOT go for a High Frequency Inverter . AnyOne who understands transformers, should probably know why. To know why yourself, feel free to use the search engines - they would tell you much more than most people would tell you in here.
I've done my search already, but wants reviews from those that are already familiar with it, be it installers or the user. Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 9:53am On Apr 23
Share the name of the plan or a link to access it. I have checked their website, cannot find that info

Modified,

I can find it in my HBB portal, I will buy the 40k one and test it.
Peterlove11:

No this is different.....this is a data capped plan with FUP. Their unlimited is actually speed capped. Their is 20mbps, 40mbps and 60mbps. Do your research. In my location it's fast, I stream Netflix, stream live matches, and watch youtube in HD

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ayomipoe(m): 10:08am On Apr 23
Rush to buy Starlink has sold theirs?
Abeg this one is not factual. If you know anyone who is selling their used device, it's either they are gamers and they already have access to networks with high ping or they are content creators that need access to high upload speeds.

You are comparing Starlink to the older satellite technologies, that one cannot fly.
See my speed test this morning and it is currently drizzling, a scenario that affects the speed.
[URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/16166069138][IMG]https://www.speedtest.net/result/16166069138.png[/IMG][/URL]

People are not rushing to sell their Starlink o bros, na scarce commodity.

bassdow:

even before the launch of starLink in Nigeria, I have spoken on it a couple of times - satelitte internet is only useful if you resiide in very deep interior bushes places where common GSM call struggles. In terms of speed & cost, it's the slowest and costlier. But often reliable. e get reason why it's regularly used by the Millitary.

I am pretty sure over 400% of those who rushed to buy it have either sold theirs, or are looking to dispose it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:35am On Apr 23
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N8,000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N7,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense...

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 10:46am On Apr 23
Starlink was so good Nigerians bought it for 1.3million.... I even sold one for 1. 5million in December to someone that was travelling to the village for Christmas.
Ayomipoe:
Rush to buy Starlink has sold theirs?
Abeg this one is not factual. If you know anyone who is selling their used device, it's either they are gamers and they already have access to networks with high ping or they are content creators that need access to high upload speeds.

You are comparing Starlink to the older satellite technologies, that one cannot fly.
See my speed test this morning and it is currently drizzling, a scenario that affects the speed.
[URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/16166069138][IMG]https://www.speedtest.net/result/16166069138.png[/IMG][/URL]

People are not rushing to sell their Starlink o bros, na scarce commodity.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:07am On Apr 23
PURE SINEWAVE 12V INVERTER AVAILABLE!!!

Why go for satchet inverters without charging features where we have a durable wall mount inverter system with user friendly features i.e

* Inbuilt solar mppt port
* User friendly LCD
* Lithium battery compatible
* Grid / Gen charge mode feature
* Battery depth of discharge settings
* Load percentage display
* Protective features
* Standard product warranty.

Available spec:
1000w 12v (inbuilt 40a mppt) ...... 170k
2kva 12v (inbuilt 80a mppt)

Non 12v variants:
* 4200w 24v
* 6200w 48v
* 8200w 48v

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620
1000w 12v

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 11:09am On Apr 23
Drgreatone:

Pls would love a pic of ow u set ur panels on the fence
Pix not clear enough.
There are 2 holes on both horizontal frames. I had to bore 2 holes through the fence to fasten opposite ends together to the fence. So no matter the wind( not hurricane or tornado ooo cheesy) it stays put.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 11:18am On Apr 23
bassdow:

what if wetin him dey do online differs much from yours ?
abi you think say that extra 18,000 to 29,000 naira na ant change ?

what about initial cost of acquisition ? you think say na everybody get am ?

what about space to mount hardware - You think say na everyBody get such ?

It doesn't matter if he only uses 10GB per month; Nobody in 2024 should be subjected to a 20Mbps internet speed.
It's like saying he doesn;t use too much data per month; therefore he is good with 3G. But people who use too much can stay with 5G.
Nah brov!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Gshems and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.