Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059156 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 4:25pm On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

Respectfully; nothing I detest more than people who just pull our facts from their "a**ss" without logical thinking
#1 Over 400% who rushed to buy have sold make no sense mathematically.
If 1000 people rushed to buy, it means over 4000 people have sold it. So where did the extra 3000 units come from?
How can you have more sellers than buyers? shocked shocked shocked

#2 Where and when did you carry out the survey that sampled Starlink users and then derived the fact that over, once again " 400%".(more sellers than buyers) have truly sold their device?

You see how you sound?
That 400% was a typo. Meant to type over 40%.

As regards carrying out surveys, no need for such. Said something similar during the days of starTime & goTv, when especially starTimes, were giving out almost for free. In fact I had opportunities to get for free from clients who win when they recharge for certain premium packages but I declined. Today how many people are using their starTimes.

Got so interesting people were saying GSM based ISPs would go outta business. They failed understanding everything has got it's place and use
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 4:37pm On Apr 23
bassdow:

That 400% was a typo. Meant to type over 40%.

As regards carrying out surveys, no need for such. Said something similar during the days of starTime & goTv, when especially starTimes, were giving out almost for free. In fact I had opportunities to get for free from clients who win when they recharge for certain premium packages but I declined. Today how many people are using their starTimes.

Got so interesting people were saying GSM based ISPs would go outta business. They failed understanding everything has got it's place and use

Respectfully, Well, Startimes is not Starlink (even though they both have "star" in their names).
And your claims at 40% still is a wild call, sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 4:55pm On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

how much you get lol grin grin grin
Moreso, you gotta be in Lagos

Zero 7 zero 3571 two 388
Pls lets WhatsApp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23
As una don dey do give away, I need starlink router abeg

I fit gather friends around make we sub am.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 5:27pm On Apr 23
Solar energy, a complement to free to air

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Debroslink: 5:32pm On Apr 23
dollarnaira:

All join abeg. Solar energy complements iptv and unlimited Internet whether paid or free to air. Please let people discuss what they use their solar energy to do.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Betnomore: 5:37pm On Apr 23
Bro me i need the airtel if its truly unlimited and not capped. I dont mind reduced speed.

QuoteJust1nce:

how much you get lol grin grin grin
Moreso, you gotta be in Lagos

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iamphilips(m): 6:12pm On Apr 23
swagifted:
Mad o, where are you shipping from?
Ikeja Lagos state
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EduTechTainMent: 6:22pm On Apr 23
dollarnaira:

My airtel ODU is connected to a dedicated 40ah Lifepo4 battery and it is active even if there is grid outage.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by iamphilips(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23
Betnomore:
Bro me i need the airtel if its truly unlimited and not capped. I dont mind reduced speed.

I'm also considering this Airtel of it's truly unlimited
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 6:46pm On Apr 23
Betnomore:

Ouch. Too late! Drgreatone should be in possession of it soon. He messaged first. Sorry mate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:00pm On Apr 23
TCD:

Hello.

How much is the Deye 8Kw inverter ?

2.6m Last
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Betnomore: 7:00pm On Apr 23
I'm not talking about giving it to me oooo. I just want to confirm if it's truly unlimited from someone that has used it before buying cos I've had my fair share of airtel's unscrupulous deceptive business tactics

QuoteJust1nce:

Ouch. Too late! Drgreatone should be in possession of it soon. He messaged first. Sorry mate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 7:29pm On Apr 23
Betnomore:
I'm not talking about giving it to me oooo. I just want to confirm if it's truly unlimited from someone that has used it before buying cos I've had my fair share of airtel's unscrupulous deceptive business tactics

Well, you quoted me directly so I misconstrued it.
Yeah it is truly unlimited; but the speed is meh! AFAIC
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Fremlin: 7:44pm On Apr 23
Dam5reey:

Get QASA AC/DC, it's the best, it goes from 1 to 9.. 4watts to 65watts. most time you'll use 4 to 6 that only 12wats to 25watts.
7 8 9 are on another level.. consumes 36w, 45 and 65watts but omo, you don't want to use those always.
I use 2 or 3 for all day just for continued ventilation which is good enough 7 and 10 watts
I shared a picture here some time ago of the power consumption by Levels. I can't find the pictures now.

Updated: I found the post.
1 - 3w
2 - 5w
3 - 8w
4 - 14w
5 - 18w
6 - 27W
7 - 35w
8 - 45w
9 - 65w

This?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 7:46pm On Apr 23
Drgreatone:

Unless he's getting a high quality hybrid inverter, he's better off having individual components. From my experience, the average hybrids require large panel arrays to power loads and charge at the same time. Use a small array and u wud be dependent on grid for optimal charging unless u add an external charge controller
that hybrid high pv sef dey fear me! Like whooping 500V to 400V for person house.

Which is even more severe in electrocution between a 220ac and 400v DC.

And another thing have been thinking about, betwn a 200v/20A and a 400v/10A source which would cause more damage?

I still feel for homes make PV array dey around 100 to 150 range for safety. Just my thought sha!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 7:52pm On Apr 23
isangjohnson:

I may not really understand what you mean by "an average hybrids require large panel arrays to power loads and charge at the same time" but I've installed 1.5kw 12v hybrid inverter 150v 80a with 2 pcs of 580w Longi pv and 280ah 12v Lfp battery for someone. He powered his 140w freezer during the day and still get the battery to float before 1pm depending on how deep the battery was discharged at night.
I'm expecting 1kw 12v and 1.5kw 12v high frequency hybrid inverter next month and I'll still test the charging system as well.
The issue you experienced may have caused by the configuration of that charging system by the company.

Mind sharing the product. And array config. Total voc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:04pm On Apr 23
Fremlin:

This?

I was refering to the AC/DC Ceiling fan, this their Standing fan as also effiecient

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23
Parser:
that hybrid high pv sef dey fear me! Like whooping 500V to 400V for person house.

And another thing have been thinking about, betwn a 200v/20A and a 400v/10A source which would cause more damage?

I still feel for homes make PV array dey around 100 to 150 range for safety. Just my thought sha!

You shouldn't worry about high voltage if you already use 220V comfortably, you plug in devices without even thinking twice, your High Voc has MC4 connections, and it's only at a spot in your own which must be treated with Caution.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 8:10pm On Apr 23
Dam5reey:

You shouldn't worry about high voltage if you already use 220V comfortably, you plug in devices without even thinking twice, your High Voc has MC4 connections, and it's only at a spot in your own which must be treated with Caution.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 8:50pm On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23
Which good quality & pocket friendly low frequency 5kva lifepo4 compatible can somebody buy in today's economy?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by litaninja(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23
OG spotted.
twinskenny:
Hello my people

Am looking to pick up 15kw Bluecarbon lithium battery any pointer to a reputable seller will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayinba1(f): 10:00pm On Apr 23
ayinba1:
Hello everyone,

I had an installer complete a 2.5KVA solar at my home. However, a piece of the battery cap broke and has been crusting leading to at least 1 episode of power outage. I fear that this would recur and of course, the installer is MIA, lots of excuses and stories. I am trying to fix this and a picture is attached, kindly advise.

Where can I buy the cap and is it a DIY replacement or do I have a bigger challenge?

Installation is less than 6 months old by the way. That's one heck of an installer for you.

Update

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions. I had another person take a look at the install and discovered that the electrical system was not earthed. This led to destruction of components of the solar installation. I would assume that somebody installing solar should know if there is earthing or not in the property.

At this point, I am thankful that the original installer did not come back. He would not have revealed these additional findings.

1. Breaker broken, now replaced.
2. Crusted battery terminal rigged with some kind of coiling- watch and see.
3. Electrical earthing , done

I am sharing this so that if people are contemplating getting an installer, these are important things to look out for.

Make sure there is a written warranty regarding materials and workmanship. A lot of people are not serious about growing their business. The installers business name is Ramlad Global Technologies. I was unable to find them online, but they may change their name anyways if this is how they work.

And I am not electrical/solar savvy, I do not know how to install solar myself, this is why I got an installer. In case anybody was wondering.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:10pm On Apr 23
Debroslink:

All join abeg. Solar energy complements iptv and unlimited Internet whether paid or free to air. Please let people discuss what they use their solar energy to do.

Na u no understand the complement. grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23
QuoteJust1nce:

I only have two statements for you.
#1 Why did the world move from GPRS to 5G if most of us were okay (regular users) with GPRS? And I am pretty sure you also moved right? Why did you not stay behind?
#2. You said "you can download but it will take time". At some stage, time even becomes more expensive than money. If you wish to spend 1 day to download an important file; somebody else needs it ASAP.
Drops mic.

I used etisalat on a 3g modem back in those days.. i was pulling 15 to 17mbps daily.. we re jst bin cheated by our isps.. tell me the average speed of a 3g device
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Decentlyproud(m): 11:20pm On Apr 23
That's my dream inverter.

Penuelseun:
Tbb inverters are also very rugged and are Low frequency, though they are a bit pricey but have excellent customer support with after sales service
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by QuoteJust1nce: 11:33pm On Apr 23
Parser:

My brother; don't pray for anyone to hit you. I know for sure DC will lock you in making it harder to let go until you go yonder; wheras AC has a higher chance of flinging you. Imagine say you dey roof, AC fit fling you go down and you kaput. If e no fling you, you might be needing a defibrillator But realistically you are better of having 500V and 10A running via your wires than having 50V 100A. There is a high potential to start a fire with high current especially when wires are undersized. You could be sleeping and next thing, you don turn to toasted bread. You go buy fake CHNT breaker; e no pop. As long as you're not touching naked wires and bridging things, you can escape getting electrocuted. You have to trust your own awareness. But the chances of high current fires would depends on both you, the installer, the wires, the breakers, the batteries, etc. Too much to risk. You're better off pitching sides with low current high voltage than high current low voltage. These are my opinions. Never been shocked by DC but A/C, one too many times. Stay safe.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 11:47pm On Apr 23
230ah 24v 5.88kwh for sale @ 1m.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Parser: 12:24am On Apr 24
QuoteJust1nce:

But the chances of high current fires would depends on both you, the installer, the wires, the breakers, the batteries, etc. Too much to risk. You're better off pitching sides with low current high voltage than high current low voltage. These are my opinions. Never been shocked by DC but A/C, one too many times. Stay safe.

๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nexuspulse(m): 1:04am On Apr 24
Introducing SAKO

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by loluskysat(m): 3:48am On Apr 24
Parser:

Both AC and DC are lethal at high voltage. Anything from 100v can be dangerous whether AC or DC. It is advisable to follow safety precautions when working with high voltage โšก or current. Avoid touching naked wires, and if you have to, use safety gloves ๐Ÿงค.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: jonescosmos, durodee(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.