Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2068918 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (1696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Please house does any one have a plug in digital timer switch for sale? It has to be a plug in. Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceland(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
JUO:
instead of sticking to 2 panels why don't you use the mppt as pwm by paralleling the 3 panels which I believe is the best option for you?
Thanks bros,
the installer did not give me that option so he may not know or might be more expensive to him.
thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tivta(m): 7:39am On Apr 30, 2017
cooldipo:

Pls I hope this sudden demand of fairly used solar panel won't exposed our solar panels to pilfering o o.... This is bothering me a bit cos my panels are quite exposed. Those whose lost their car batteries lately will understand my concern more......Once there is huge demand or increase in value, security risk for those already acquire increases in Nigeria. Na beg o o

Unless you leave your home empty for a long period of time you are safe. Solar panels are not easy to conceal when stolen, you could also build a customized burglar proof for the panels.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2017
SOLAR WORLD XL 315w MONO PANELS IN STOCK

Overview;

Maximum power, Pmax - 315 W
Open circuit voltage, Voc - 45.6 V
Maximum power point voltage, Vmpp - 36.5 V
Short circuit current, Isc - 9.35 A
Maximum power point current, Impp - 8.71 A
Module efficiency - 15.79 %
Made in Germany

Discount price >> #92000

Call now : O8I35O3I95I

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good Evening House,
Please make una help update the thread as e dey,
Those that have been using grade A battery from day 1,
How far?
What are your short comings?
Who else has observe the battery voltage when the ups/inverter goes off?

Under idle conditions it's best to maintain a 50% DOD so you can have like 4+ years from your battery,

Make make una update the house on this beautiful setup performance so far!

----------------------------
-----------------------------

Please who has ever used a fully refurbished battery and how was/is the experience?
Kindly help out with performance report!

Thank you in advance,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 5:32pm On May 01, 2017
JUO:
contact me for good price

Thanks Oga JUO!
I got the DC watt meters fast than I was expecting it.

Installed and working fine.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2017
efuro:

Thanks Oga JUO!
I got the DC watt meters fast than I was expecting it.

Installed and working fine.
Thanks
thanks for the patronage and trust
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:04pm On May 01, 2017
JUO:
thanks for the patronage and trust

Your effort is yielding result.
I was shock to discover my 10mm cables (about a yard long ) is eating up my harvest to 0.5v. For instance my CC was pushing output of 27.6v to the batteries but what the batteries are getting is 27.13v the painful aspect is dat there is nothing I can do except try another cable gauge.

I was a bit happy to note also that my 2kva -1600w microtek inverter has idle running of 27w even though I believed it was higher before installing the watt meter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2017
efuro:

I was shock to discover my 10mm cables (about a yard long ) is eating my harvest up to 0.5v. For instance my CC was pushing output of 27.6v to the batteries but what the batteries are getting is 27.13v the painful aspect is dat there is nothing I can do except try another cable gauge.

I was a bit happy to note also that my 2kva -1600w microtek inverter has idle running of 27w even though I believed it was higher before installing the watt meter
do you mean you use 10mm from battery to cc? Nice inverter you have there. I have been looking for something similar that I can switch off the charger completely and use only solar to charge. Anyone with one?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2017
JUO:
do you mean you use 10mm from battery to cc? Nice inverter you have there. I have been looking for something similar that I can switch off the charger completely and use only solar to charge. Anyone with one?

wink 10mm
On the manual of the inverter, Indians claimed it has double coil transformer. I wonder if it is true. But I trust it to charge my 6 100A batteries as it has not failed me with its manual settings for ba3 type & normal or high amps charging.

Sorry about pix quality of cable as I have to bend down under d ba3

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:22am On May 02, 2017
efuro:

I was shock to discover my 10mm cables (about a yard long ) is eating up my harvest to 0.5v. For instance my CC was pushing output of 27.6v to the batteries but what the batteries are getting is 27.13v the painful aspect is dat there is nothing I can do except try another cable gauge.

1 yard is about 3ft, are you serious or the yard is a figure of speech?, there shudnt be any loss if its 3ft long .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:40am On May 02, 2017
earthrealm:

1 yard is about 3ft, are you serious or the yard is a figure of speech?, there shudnt be any loss if its 3ft long .

At least, so says the watt meter & CC readings.
Always 0.5v difference.

The ba3 are wired @ 24v series x 3 parallels. No special loop to equalise the three 12v nodes.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 9:45am On May 02, 2017
My system is up

2x2 config was done for the panel's

16mm flex cable was used from PV-CC-BATTERY

20amp DC breaker was used btw PV-CC

A new grounding was done for the panels & inverter DB. Each panel was linked with 2.5mm cable & connected to the new earth copper rod

My batteries are 200amp POWERSAFE batteries(fairly used though)

Upon reciept of the batteries, multimeter reading for each battery was 12.9v & 13.1v respectively

I finally opted for the balcony, though the setup is still a little bit crude, covered part of the protector with tapolin to prevent rain water

Haven't been around to monitor it but I know i haven't seen above 2A on my CC but i get as high as 78v

setup was done late Saturday, Sunday & Monday, cloudy days & i wasn't really around too

When the batterry was connected to CC, it was at 25v, later became 28.8v after setup on that Saturday, much much later though

Since the battery was almost charged, I don't know if that's why I'm getting low amps from the CC

Issues

1. My inverter gives out this sound every 7minutes with no indicator lights coming on

2. When I'm charging the inverter with NEPA even though the inverter is OFF, it still supplies, why is this ?

3. I have noticed this incident with 3 sockets in the house: when a load is connected to these sockets, when the switch is put on, the inverter trips, the short circuit/over load light will come on

I know it isn't overload cos what I plugged was phone charger, at another time it was a rechargeable fan, what could be wrong?

Once i put off the inverter and put it back on, evrything works well, even if u switch off that same socket off and on, it doesn't trip again

If the inverter is switched off for a long time & it's put on again, the same thing will happen again

4. One of the socket is the type that has a led indicator, if the switch is off & you plug ur appliance mid way, that light will come on
Is this a wiring issue or the socket is Bad or it's an inverter issue?

Remember the lighting points & sockets for inverter has its own DB different from NEPA DB

CC
efuro
Bigrovar
Earthrealm
DMerciful
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2017
therealMcCain:
My system is up

A new grounding was done for the panels & inverter DB. Each panel was linked with 2.5mm cable & connected to the new earth copper rod

Upon reciept of the batteries, multimeter reading for each battery was 12.9v & 13.1v respectively

I finally opted for the balcony, though the setup is still a little bit crude, covered part of the protector with tapolin to prevent rain water

Haven't been around to monitor it but I know i haven't seen above 2A on my CC but i get as high as 78v

setup was done late Saturday, Sunday & Monday, cloudy days & i wasn't really around too

When the batterry was connected to CC, it was at 25v, later became 28.8v after setup on that Saturday, much much later though

Since the battery was almost charged, I don't know if that's why I'm getting low amps from the CC

Issues

1. My inverter gives out this sound every 7minutes with no indicator lights coming on

2. When I'm charging the inverter with NEPA even though the inverter is OFF, it still supplies, why is this ?

3. I have noticed this incident with 3 sockets in the house: when a load is connected to these sockets, when the switch is put on, the inverter trips, the short circuit/over load light will come on

I know it isn't overload cos what I plugged was phone charger, at another time it was a rechargeable fan, what could be wrong?

Once i put off the inverter and put it back on, evrything works well, even if u switch off that same socket off and on, it doesn't trip again

If the inverter is switched off for a long time & it's put on again, the same thing will happen again

4. One of the socket is the type that has a led indicator, if the switch is off & you plug ur appliance mid way, that light will come on

Remember the lighting points & sockets for inverter has its own DB different from NEPA DB

CC
efuro
Bigrovar
Earthrealm
DMerciful

issues 3 and 4, are most likely house wiring issues, you need a smart electrician to trace and rectify.
issue 1, is inverter based, post your inverter make so people with similar inverter will talk more
as per your charging issue, you need to state your cc make, so cc display in and out, so make sure you are looking at the correct display. 2ndly till u drain the batt, thats when we will be sure if anything is wrong with your cc or not

issue 2. thats how most inverters are designed, to charge even when off, if u dont want it to charge at all, you have to switvh off the ac socket or unplug
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 11:02am On May 02, 2017
earthrealm:

issues 3 and 4, are most likely house wiring issues, you need a smart electrician to trace and rectify.
issue 1, is inverter based, post your inverter make so people with similar inverter will talk more
as per your charging issue, you need to state your cc make, so cc display in and out, so make sure you are looking at the correct display. 2ndly till u drain the batt, thats when we will be sure if anything is wrong with your cc or not

issue 2. thats how most inverters are designed, to charge even when off, if u dont want it to charge at all, you have to switvh off the ac socket or unplug

Thanks

The inverter make is Kevin 1400va, 24v

CC make is epever A trader series 30A, 100V

There is a button on the CC that toggles btw Pv -Battery-load parameters

I have checked that of the Pv parameters, though Will study the manual more

Pictures will be very much later as I am not around for now

On the wiring issues, will have the electrician or another one do a thorough check, I engaged this one cos he did the initial wiring of the house & to prevent these issues was why i went for a dedicated DB

On the inverter being charged, my question is why is the inverter supplying when it's Off

The inverter is off & charging I get that part

Why are my appliances coming on even though the inverter is off? Are the appliances being powered from charging source or the battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 11:49am On May 02, 2017
therealMcCain:

Thanks

CC make is epever A trader series 30A, 100V

There is a button on the CC that toggles btw Pv -Battery-load parameters

I have checked that of the Pv parameters, though Will study the manual more

Pictures will be very much later as I am not around for now

On the wiring issues, will have the electrician or another one do a thorough check, I engaged this one cos he did the initial wiring of the house & to prevent these issues was why i went for a dedicated DB

On the inverter being charged, my question is why is the inverter supplying when it's Off

The inverter is off & charging I get that part

Why are my appliances coming on even though the inverter is off? Are the appliances being powered from charging source or the battery

Most inverters are designed to transfer the load on the inverter to the main supply when it is available and at the same time charge the batteries, so that may be the case but it could be different in your case Sha.

My take on it.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ferdiwar: 11:54am On May 02, 2017
efuro:

That could be measurement error from the CC or watt meter as they are all prone to some % of errors.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:18pm On May 02, 2017
therealMcCain:

Thanks

that i dont understand, maybe other kevin inverter users would chime in

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Feshizzy(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2017
Feshizzy:
Good Evening House,
Please make una help update the thread as e dey,
Those that have been using grade A battery from day 1,
How far?
What are your short comings?
Who else has observe the battery voltage when the ups/inverter goes off?

Under idle conditions it's best to maintain a 50% DOD so you can have like 4+ years from your battery,

Make make una update the house on this beautiful setup performance so far!

-----------------------------

Please who has ever used a fully refurbished battery and how was/is the experience?
Kindly help out with performance report!

Thank you in advance,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2017
A very clean fairly used power inverter " Sinergy 3.5kva 48v pure sinewave inverter system " is up FOR SALE ! Board , transformer has never been worked on and works as factory new ..

Price: #150k

HURRY : O8I35O3I95I

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 2:32pm On May 02, 2017
kiekie1:
A very clean fairly used power inverter " Synergy 3.5kva 48v pure sinewave inverter system " is up FOR SALE ! Board , transformer has never been worked on and works as factory new ..

Price: #150k

HURRY : O8I35O3I95I
Do you sell car inverters? e.g suoer 500w or 1000w inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 2:48pm On May 02, 2017
Penuelseun:
Do you sell car inverters? e.g suoer 500w or 1000w inverter

Yes , they are available but clients always prefer a system which can also charge its batteries .. If finance isnt really an issue , you can opt in for modified sinewave inverters like bluegate , mercury ,mpower etc which comes in 12v 1.2kva upwards !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by SolnergyPower: 3:30pm On May 02, 2017
Please read the thread about 3-5 pages backward and you will see where a noble member of this thread placed advert to sell some used panels and I requested to buy. It was when he wasn't forth coming with the number of panels left for sale since he said he has sold some that I requested for the same specification of panel that any other person wants to sell because I have already told a client and he was interested.

Eventually though, I got the 8 panels from the member of this thread that advertised.

So please do not attach your thinking to my post.

Thank you.

cooldipo:

Pls I hope this sudden demand of fairly used solar panel won't exposed our solar panels to pilfering o o.... This is bothering me a bit cos my panels are quite exposed. Those whose lost their car batteries lately will understand my concern more......Once there is huge demand or increase in value, security risk for those already acquire increases in Nigeria. Na beg o o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 5:29pm On May 02, 2017
efuro:

At least, so says the watt meter & CC readings.
Always 0.5v difference.

The ba3 are wired @ 24v series x 3 parallels. No special loop to equalise the three 12v nodes.

A 10 mm2 cable will loose 4.6 mv per amp per meter How much is the current ?. if the shunt of the meter is 200 MV then 0.2 drop is in meter itself .see attached. Meanwhile 0.5 v is 2 % difference which is well within tolerance level of measuring instruments ( normally they are class 5 ) if you want accurate readings you need class one meter like fluke Multi meter or hight quality meter ( e g. BMV 700 e) panel meter .

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2017
I appreciate you for finding time to cross check cable-voltage-drop.
Thank you sir.
Findings are noted!

pranil:

A 10 mm2 cable will loose 4.6 mv per amp per meter How much is the current ?. if the shunt of the meter is 200 MV then 0.2 drop is in meter itself .see attached. Meanwhile 0.5 v is 2 % difference which is well within tolerance level of measuring instruments ( normally they are class 5 ) if you want accurate readings you need class one meter like fluke Multi meter or hight quality meter ( e g. BMV 700 e) panel meter .
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 8:23pm On May 02, 2017
Thanks!

Ferdiwar:

That could be measurement error from the CC or watt meter as they are all prone to some % of errors.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 9:15pm On May 02, 2017
@ McCain

I find Addresses to ur questions appropriate within the limit if my DIY.
I don't do solar installation for a living, all my contributions to the forum is purely what I gained from the house/forum & personal DIY efforts expressing that solar is do able.

I USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK ALL MEMBERS IN HOUSE in making sure R/E get roots Nigeria.
I say thank you all sellers in the house for honest services. Many of whom I had dealings with and many more I will contact for their services.

Now Oga RealMcCain
I am happy u've chosen ur balcony after putting necessary measures in place.

2x2, 20amps (well maybe 4 now daz wot u want), 16mm are splendid. Also ur ba3 @ rest 13v is nice.

About 2 AH indicated by cc means ur ba3 are floating & do not need to draw more harvest from ur PVs.

On ur inverter, I think it is back feeding itself due to ur faulty sockets. Remember u said it comes on wen switched off if u slightly insert loads.
But a crude way to check of ur inverter is not back feeding is to remove output loads to ur DB & connect sometin like frezer to the back of the inverter for about 20mins, observe its performance & beeping. Ur will know if back feeding as affected it or a factory defect.

Don't u have appropraite breakers to cut off back feeding before being detected by ur inverter ?

Anyway I appeal to gurus in the house with similar teething problems to contribute.

Cheers! Solar rules. cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by therealMcCain: 7:02am On May 03, 2017
efuro:

2x2, 20amps (well maybe 4 now daz wot u want), 16mm are splendid. Also ur ba3 @ rest 13v is nice.

About 2 AH indicated by cc means ur ba3 are floating & do not need to draw more harvest from ur PVs.

On ur inverter, I think it is back feeding itself due to ur faulty sockets. Remember u said it comes on wen switched off if u slightly insert loads.
But a crude way to check of ur inverter is not back feeding is to remove output loads to ur DB & connect sometin like frezer to the back of the inverter for about 20mins, observe its performance & beeping. Ur will know if back feeding as affected it or a factory defect.

Don't u have appropraite breakers to cut off back feeding before being detected by ur inverter ?

Anyway I appeal to gurus in the house with similar teething problems to contribute.

Cheers! Solar rules. cheesy

Thanks Sir

1. You said 2x2, 20A

Was I suppose to go for a higher breaker rating? The max of my CC is 30A

I saw 50A breaker but I felt that will be useless there cos of my CC amp limit

the parameters for the panels are

Voc-43.2v
Isc-6.24A
Vmax-34.8v
Imax-4.9A

With a 2x2 config what Current will I be getting? Will it be more than or up to 20A?

Before the panels were taken up, the meter reading from the 4 panels were around 36v each.

2. On the issue of breaker to cutoff feedback, the only breaker i have is the ones in the DB

So far, 2 sockets doesn't trip the inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bode4real(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2017
therealMcCain:
My system is up

Issues

CC
efuro
Bigrovar
Earthrealm
DMerciful

On your issue 3, as u said dat d indicator comes uo midway, i suggest u change d socket, as d indicator bulb resistance is tending towards zero, to confirm dis, cut off d leg of d indicator and plug in ur appliances.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2017
Of couse, ur 20A breaker is sufficient and will even protect or CC.

Mathmatically maximum for ur setup would be around 16.66A @ 2x2 remember it a 200w PV

A =200W/24V =8.33A.

Also imagine extra amps your CC will have to convert from excess voltage in addition to 16.66A

My point is that if I were u. I will opt for higher rating to allow me expand along with it. Solar is addictive , you will soon find out that u need more panels etc.

Cheers!

therealMcCain:

Thanks Sir

1. You said 2x2, 20A

Was I suppose to go for a higher breaker rating? The max of my CC is 30A

I saw 50A breaker but I felt that will be useless there cos of my CC amp limit

the parameters for the panels are

Voc-43.2v
Isc-6.24A
Vmax-34.8v
Imax-4.9A

With a 2x2 config what Current will I be getting? Will it be more than or up to 20A?

Before the panels were taken up, the meter reading from the 4 panels were around 36v each.

2. On the issue of breaker to cutoff feedback, the only breaker i have is the ones in the DB

So far, 2 sockets doesn't trip the inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 11:01pm On May 03, 2017
Awaiting Solar Depot price list for 2nd quarter 2017 on the platform.

Kindly paste your current list please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (1696) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Oshomo12(m), fyinka47(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.