Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2078341 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (1703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mercury items in stock :

Inverter;
1.2kva 12v..... 39k
2.4kva 24v.. @45k
3kva 24v... @200k
5kva.......... @255k

Battery
100ahs @50k
200ahs @100k

Mercury solar panel 260w poly (24v) @51k

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Flex max 80a fangpusun 170k
Flex max 60a fangpusun 145k
50a-12/24v 45k. 50k
60a-12/24v/36v/48v 100k.
70a-12/24v/36v/48v 120k
45a-12/24v/36v/48v 72k
30a-12/24v 35k. 38k
MPPT- CONTROL 16K
epever 30a+MT50 12/24v (CN) 50k
epever 30a 12/24v 46k
epever 40a 12/24v 60k
BMV 702 FANGPUSUN 45K
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 15/16a 5k din rail
PROGRAMMABLE Digital timer 25a 6k din rail/wall mount
DC/AC CEILING FAN 56' 12V/30W, REGULATOR, REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED 25k
080-987-337-09
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
amen69:

It works perfectly with PHCN and even generator

Get a pure sinwave inverter and stop using Chinco 1000watta inverter...

My 500VA inverter can power projector rated at 240 Watt without stress...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Yes please. $20 is the minimum. For that price you can ship just one pin or a small box full of light electronics & equipment.

The key is to ask them to hold your packages and only consolidate and ship when the quantity makes sense for you.

Once what you are shipping exceeds 2.3kg in weight you would have crossed the $20 threshold so they bill based on the higher of actual weight or something they call volumetric weight for light packages that occupy plenty of space.

You can pay either USD to their US or naija dom account or you can pay naira to their naija account as suits you.

niceeeee, my other shipper charges a lil higher...i don port be that.
do they tranship to other cities in naija when it arrives??...say ph/abuja........if yes any idea of the cost

edit: seen $4 to other nigerian cities.
https://www.sgkglobal.com/pricing/
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 5:10am On Dec 09, 2017
kiekie1:
Mercury items in stock :

Inverter;
1.2kva 12v..... 45k
2.4kva 24v.. @60k
3kva 24v... @210k
5kva.......... @255k

Battery
7.5ahs @6k
100ahs @50k
200ahs @100k

Surge Protector @6000

Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
Frankie what brand is the surge protector?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
DUNKA:
Frankie what brand is the surge protector?

Hello Sir, its an extension cord device with an inbuilt anti-surge protection .. Its available in mercury and APC brands !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuckdee(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Please I'm in the market for a Water Dispenser, is there any brand/ model recommendation I should look out for that is inverter friendly, i.e low power consumption?

Thanks all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
I think they're all the same. I've not seen any that's triple A rated here in Calabar.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks to everyone member on this forum. I think about a month or 2 back. The discussion on solar water heater was so overheated on this forum. There were 2 views. One side was for thermal solar water heater that does not need panels. While another side were for more panels and connect your normal water heater. Well I have been planning for a year on this particular issue of hot water if Nepa no dey ,na to boil water with kettle.
I read every points and views brought out by the powerful people on this forum on this issue of hot water.
All the videos and links much appreciated and my further research on my own. Made me to go the more panel way. Beside I did not have space on my roof for the thermal water heater.
Sticking with panels seems more practical I have more power too charge my batteries especially during bad weather.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
So as of this morning. I have joined the league of hot water 24hrs crew
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Someone pix

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
More

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
I have an array of 3200 watts on epsolar mmpt so being maxed out. I brought out my old 48v 60amps old charge controller and started my journey on another solar array. 4 (320watts) panels. Hooked all of them up this morning.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
As of 9am today

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
Water heater specs attached

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks so much to everyone on the forum. All the contribution as made this journey less tasking. Next will be my air conditioning system.. Renewable energy to sweet....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
samnaija:
So as of this morning. I have joined the league of hot water 24hrs crew

Kudos to your set-up! How do you run your 1500w water heater 24hrs ? What's your battery bank capacity and solar capacity ? Remember you stated you had no space on your roof for the non pressurized solar water heater but if you can work on your piping, you can use a pressurized solar system..
Your pics states 1500w for just a 10L ariston/sweethome which can't serve a family of 4-6 .. Why we emphasized more on central water heater are ;

- centralized solar heating water system with reservoirs ranging from 50L-300L
-Ability to retain HOT water for 72hrs
-Central heating element of 1500w for rainy days or emergency
-Unique concept for those who have more than 1 bathroom etc...

Its an integral step/approach when building but can always be improvised like George D initiative .. I applaud your efforts but running an ariston 1500w or a thermostatic 1500w air-condition for 24hrs on your main battery bank will leave you in the DARK someday and also reduce your expected battery DOD and lifespan...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pranil(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2017
kiekie1:

Kudos to your set-up! How do you run your 1500w water heater 24hrs ? What's your battery bank capacity and solar capacity ? Remember you stated you had no space on your roof for the non pressurized solar water heater but if you can work on your piping, you can use a pressurized solar system..
Your pics states 1500w for just a 10L ariston/sweethome which can't serve a family of 4-6 .. Why we emphasized more on central water heater are ;

Its an integral step/approach when building but can always be improvised like George D initiative .. I applaud your efforts but running an Ariston 1500w or a thermostatic 1500w air-condition for 24hrs on your main battery bank will leave you in the DARK someday and also reduce your expected battery DOD and lifespan...

I have done best of both worlds I use a solar heater but it has additional 1.5 KW element which is hooked up to my 2.5 KWp solar array .
This array is exclusively for air conditioning and water heating so I can top up residual heat requirements using solar as and when needed. The heater and water volume is controlled by a separate controller Sr500 ( 90 USD from Aliexpress)

I have kept my system on the ground _ Although not pressurized system I use a 100-watt pump on the outlet to boost pressure and flow. Working great so far with a family of four and solar heater of 200 Lts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
kiekie1:

Its an integral step/approach when building but can always be improvised like George D initiative .. I applaud your efforts but running an ariston 1500w or a thermostatic 1500w air-condition for 24hrs on your main battery bank will leave you in the DARK someday and also reduce your expected battery DOD and lifespan...
I never stated running the heater 24 hrs. I stated having hot water 24 hrs. I hooked up the 4.water heaters in my house. Besides on Nepa that same water heater last 2 days before getting cold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
pranil:

I have done best of both worlds I use a solar heater but it has additional 1.5 KW element which is hooked up to my 2.5 KWp solar array .
This array is exclusively for air conditioning and water heating so I can top up residual heat requirements using solar as and when needed. The heater and water volume is controlled by a separate controller Sr500 ( 90 USD from Aliexpress)

I have kept my system on the ground _ Although not pressurized system I use a 100-watt pump on the outlet to boost pressure and flow. Working great so far with a family of four and solar heater of 200 Lts.

Yes I can remember you have briefed me on your set-up in the past.. We are on same PAGE ! Your 200L system must be serving you real good .. I couldn't go for 300L due to designed roof space on a storey building . I had to opt in for the 200L"non-pressurized" which is very efficient .. Its uses same 1.5kw alternative heating element .. This element works for all sizes ranging 50-300L respectively ... Cheer's !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
pranil:

Pranil can give more details on your airconditoning system.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
samnaija:

I never stated running the heater 24 hrs. I stated having hot water 24 hrs. I hooked up the 4.water heaters in my house. Besides on Nepa that same water heater last 2 days before getting cold

Hmmn thats massive .. It must be well regulated under due monitoring as 1500w×4 is on the high side .. Guess you used a seperate battery bank on this project . Congrats !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2017
kiekie1:

Hmmn thats massive .. It must be well regulated under due monitoring as 1500w×4 is on the high side .. Guess you used a seperate battery bank on this project . Congrats !

I know you are joking. So u expect someone to on all 4 the same time. Are u for real... To people in the house that already have your water heating already installed and don't want throw away your heater or thrash your house with new plumbing this is the way.
Besides it takes less than 3 mins for the heater boil then switch off. Averagely that will last you for 2 days even if there is no sun the next day.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
samnaija:

I know you are joking. So u expect someone to on all 4 the same time. Are u for real... To people in the house that already have your water heating already installed and don't want throw away your heater or thrash your house with new plumbing this is the way.
Besides it takes less than 3 mins for the heater boil then switch off. Averagely that will last you for 2 days even if there is no sun the next day.

its cumbersome manually turning on and off each heater daily..i bet some days you may forget...
i was thinking along the lines of if you connected a timer switch to the heaters?...
i

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
shithapuns:

its cumbersome manually turning on and off each heater daily..i bet some days you may forget...
i was thinking along the lines of if you connected a timer switch to the heaters?...
i
I was also thinking in that direction. Am trying to study the peak period of my system then I will set timer to that time. Even though the weather is cloudy today I am getting it good with my new arrays
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
samnaija:

You mean it only takes 3 minutes to get boiling water?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2017
DUNKA:
You mean it only takes 3 minutes to get boiling water?

That was highly exaggerated ; but for the fun of it, I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 6:52am On Dec 11, 2017
I think he meant to type 30 minutes. Make una allow the OP to be great na!

makavele:

That was highly exaggerated ; but for the fun of it, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Like I said 3mins to 5 mins. I don't know how people use hot water to have their bath. But as of this morning the water in heater is still hot. I do not bathe with a full bucket of hot water I no wan bleach. So if I flip this switch on I expect the run time to be less.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2017
Besides I am going to set the timer to run for 9.30am then again at 2pm.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2017
Update like I said still studying the system. Used to bathroom today to test the run time of the heater.
Thanks for all the inputs the results are.

Bathroom 1 . Hot water was consumed more from this heater (wife and kids). Time used to reheat completely 25 mins.

Bathroom 2. Hot water consumed less. Only me. Time to reheat took about 15 mins.
To my people for house I bow and I am humbled.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by makavele: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2017
samnaija:
Update like I said still studying the system. Used to bathroom today to test the run time of the heater.
Thanks for all the inputs the results are.

Bathroom 1 . Hot water was consumed more from this heater (wife and kids). Time used to reheat completely 25 mins.

Bathroom 2. Hot water consumed less. Only me. Time to reheat took about 15 mins.
To my people for house I bow and I am humbled.

Go home son; and sin no more !!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (1703) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: swagifted(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.