Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2089958 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 3:29am On Feb 18, 2020
Pls what is the make of this. And is it an inverter or? Saw it somewhere with a small inverter placed on it.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:56am On Feb 18, 2020
Topmost11:
Pls what is the make of this. And is it an inverter or? Saw it somewhere with a small inverter placed on it.

Na all these Chinko all-in-one system popularly called solar generator that has inbuilt battery, often low capacity lead acid battery, with option of solar charging and sometimes charging via mains.

https://www.jumia. com.ng/senko-solar-generator-kit-with-8-super-bright-bulbs-39059457.html

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2020
olopan:
Good day guys,

Please am in need of an installer in Ilorin for an energy audit at a golf club.

Please its very urgent.

Am out of town to get things done and clients needs immediate coordination.

Contact on signature.

Contact,

@abunafiu
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by remizvxcq(m): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
kiekie1:
Questions asked by a prospective solar enthusiast in the international society!

Hi,
I want to start my career as a solar technician

David Rawlings
Thanks �

In a sane society, nobody should be doing PROFESSIONAL solar installations without prior qualifications and field experience as an electrical contractor.
If its DIY on your own property, that's your own risk.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
remizvxcq:

In a sane society, nobody should be doing PROFESSIONAL solar installations without prior qualifications and field experience as an electrical contractor.
If its DIY on your own property, that's your own risk.

Nice point .. Duely noted Sir !

https://punchng.com/nigeria-to-adopt-standards-for-renewable-energy/

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by remizvxcq(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2020
olopan:
Good day guys,

Please am in need of an installer in Ilorin for an energy audit at a golf club.

Contact on signature.

cc saipro ?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by charlesELIKIBA: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
justcallmenuel:
26inches solar LED TV available, #30000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

how many watts?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:
Guys, in my church the gen is about 7250W with a P.F of 0.8, so its about 10kva in all. Lately there's need for us to switch to solar power. The first guy gave a quotation of 10kva but then I was brought into the mix and I discovered that the readings on the speakers were something like this; continuous 500w, peak 2000W. When i used the peak value to make estimations i got about 17,000W as total loadings of the speakers. I know the value can't be right because the normal church gen is less than 10000W. The gen powers the church very well but when the pumping machine is added it causes the sound to increase

My questions are these,
1. Does anyone know about speaker output. What the peak and continuos entails?

2. Can a 15kVA effectively power up the church?

I really want to get everything right

Forget ur speakers and check the power consumption of the church amplifier and use it for ur calculation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
I will like to know if any one has converted a regular 220v refrigerator to a 24v dc refrigerator and the constraints he faced

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
maishai:

Forget ur speakers and check the power consumption of the church amplifier and use it for ur calculation

Thanks bro. My main challenge I couldn't lay hold of the accompanying manual for the three Amps and one big mixer in the church, More so there was nothing to that effect on the bodies of each appliance save for the what is on the below pics

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:

Thanks bro. My main challenge I couldn't lay hold of the accompanying manual for the three Amps and one big mixer in the church, More so there was nothing to that effect on the bodies of each appliance save for the what is on the below pics

How many speakers do they power @ a time

I guage the professional amps @ 500w each

That's shit loads of power for audio equipment

The mixer amp should be around 300w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
maishai:
I will like to know if any one has converted a regular 220v refrigerator to a 24v dc refrigerator and the constraints he faced
Interested too.
i.e. replacing AC compressors with DC for either fridge or freezer.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
zeanslim:

Inside life, I got this way cheaper tho

How much bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
maishai:

How many speakers do they power @ a time

I guage the professional amps @ 500w each

That's shit loads of power for audio equipment

The mixer amp should be around 300w

Thanks boss!
The amps and mixer is about 1800W, additional load to this won't exceed say 300w

The Speakers are in pairs (4sets). Then there's one big PROEL combo speaker, 2 feedback speakers on the altar and 2 more for the instrumentalists. That's about it.

Initially I estimated 10kvA for the whole church but because of funds I was asked to just cater for the equipments and maybe like 3 industrial fans and about 6 light points. In view of this I'm thinking of using 5kva of which the equipments must be covered.

Would that work?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
Topmost11:

Cost of 150 watts of same make sir?
Not available sir. Sorry for the late response

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
charlesELIKIBA:

how many watts?
38watt sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
260watt top solar panel available, #29000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:

Thanks boss!
The amps and mixer is about 1800W, additional load to this won't exceed say 300w

The Speakers are in pairs (4sets). Then there's one big PROEL combo speaker, 2 feedback speakers on the altar and 2 more for the instrumentalists. That's about it.

Initially I estimated 10kvA for the whole church but because of funds I was asked to just cater for the equipments and maybe like 3 industrial fans and about 6 light points. In view of this I'm thinking of using 5kva of which the equipments must be covered.

Would that work?

How about separating these loads you want to power with the inverter from other loads, then measure the current drawn while putting all the equipment at it's max. Eg the highest volume for the speaker, the maximum speed for the fans, etc. Once you have this total load current, estimating the size of the inverter becomes easier. You'll need a clamp meter to make this happen. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:

Thanks boss!

The Speakers are in pairs (4sets). Then there's one big PROEL combo speaker, 2 feedback speakers on the altar and 2 more for the instrumentalists. That's about it. The

Would that work?

Budgeting 15kva would work for the church but you would have to put together so many limiting factors...
1.) time of usage
2.) frequency of usage
3.) pls oversize the batteries very well for long life of ur batteries else u will buy another set in 2 years
4.)Pls run away from Ac fans application when using solar, stick with dc fans for the sake of batteries
5.) Since the church brought u in why don't u tell them to implement the solar in phases,as it might involve changing too many things @ once....I don't belive in buying inverter and slamming every thing on it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
maishai:

Budgeting 15kva would work for the church but you would have to put together so many limiting factors...
1.) time of usage
2.) frequency of usage
3.) pls oversize the batteries very well for long life of ur batteries else u will buy another set in 2 years
4.)Pls run away from Ac fans application when using solar, stick with dc fans for the sake of batteries
5.) Since the church brought u in why don't u tell them to implement the solar in phases,as it might involve changing too many things @ once....I don't belive in buying inverter and slamming every thing on it

Sir 15kvA

I deeply appreciate your inputs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
mctfopt:

How about separating these loads you want to power with the inverter from other loads, then measure the current drawn while putting all the equipment at it's max. Eg the highest volume for the speaker, the maximum speed for the fans, etc. Once you have this total load current, estimating the size of the inverter becomes easier. You'll need a clamp meter to make this happen. Good luck.

Ok but my meter is that probé type
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:

Sir 15kvA

I deeply appreciate your inputs

Lol that's approximately 5 350watts panel........if u want to be conservative for the load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeanslim(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
Renforce:

How much bro

12k+, home delivery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
maishai:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 2:33am On Feb 19, 2020
mctfopt:

Na all these Chinko all-in-one system popularly called solar generator that has inbuilt battery, often low capacity lead acid battenry, with option of solar charging and sometimes charging via mains.

https://www.jumia. com.ng/senko-solar-generator-kit-with-8-super-bright-bulbs-39059457.html

Thanks. I visited the link and was able to update myself. I saw it at a friends house and thought of buying for my mum due to it's compact nature. But 24ah battery? That is too small for 32" TV for a pensioner who will watch TV for long.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 2:42am On Feb 19, 2020
How much is this.
Isn't it modified sine wave?
Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 7:46am On Feb 19, 2020
Topmost11:
How much is this. Isn't it modified sine wave? Thanks
Its modified sine wave.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:57am On Feb 19, 2020
Topmost11:

Thanks. I visited the link and was able to update myself. I saw it at a friends house and thought of buying for my mum due to it's compact nature. But 24ah battery? That is too small for 32" TV for a pensioner who will watch TV for long.

You better off buying, say luminous 12v inverter about 50k with one 200ah battery at say between 70-90k. I guess it can serve or buy the 99k Luminous Delite Package

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Renforce:

use a watt meter...on the supply of the amplifier...note readings at mid and max sound output settings. with all speakers blasting....especially songs that have bass. you can use same watt meter for other loads as well. ensure you buy an inverter with decent surge handling capacity as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Renforce: 10:39am On Feb 19, 2020
earthrealm:

use a watt meter...on the supply of the amplifier...note readings at mid and max sound output settings. with all speakers blasting....especially songs that have bass. you can use same watt meter for other loads as well. ensure you buy an inverter with decent surge handling capacity as well

Thanks bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2020
Good morning guys. Please can someone recommend a good external charger for 100-200ah batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2020
eleojo23:
Good morning guys.
Please can someone recommend a good external charger for 100-200ah batteries?
You can check Famicare; or one of these Ericsson chargers; am not a fan of cheap Souer chargers, Some charge up to about 14.6v, for a 12v battery and that is destructive for most Batteries in the long run

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Adinije(f), Kaybthaniels(m), moneyest(m), abbey086(m), AllyPolly and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.