Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698139 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
You said you searched for schools that 'offer practical learning with great mentorship programs...'. I dont know what this means, didnt you just search for the program itself and select schools?

Is Innoson a multinational?
Also think about why you picked the course, in case you are asked. You have covered most questions.

The part where you said the school offered you a discipline in 2 courses of interest to you...do you mean concentration or specialization?

I want to believe you read past transcripts. Be clear in your responses. You can practice in front of the mirror and make sure you are not stammering. Because cram work dey get as e be, know the key words and expand on them. Be confident that day and mainatin eye-contact.

All the best...

Emmyirab:

okay.. The thing is that I don't get paid. It's something I did voluntarily
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AABxTAFQ2LYV8KfdWoVbN2V9a/Part%2010_Visa%20Transcripts_B.rtf?dl=0

Have you checked this link?

Seriousbuyer:

Saint Joseph's university Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Pls I would appreciate if you could give instance and yes that's why I took the course to pick up my mum's business and probably build something off that for myself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
Its best you read past transcripts to give you a better understanding of how the process works. I sent you the link. You should read many pages back, if possible start from May 2017 till date.

"what have you been doing since nysc" you just said "working for your mum", (poor response) AS WHAT NA? and "why the course" threw you off balance. Please just calm down, read deeper and refire.

Seriousbuyer:

Saint Joseph's university Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Pls I would appreciate if you could give instance and yes that's why I took the course to pick up my mum's business and probably build something off that for myself

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
Last night in Naija. Feeling... stressed out jare. Need to sleep. Tomorrow I continue my airport, POE and arrival experience sharing.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dawbbleOuEi: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ability247:
Last night in Naija. Feeling... stressed out jare. Need to sleep. Tomorrow I continue my airport, POE and arrival experience sharing.
Chief, I sent you a PM. Kindly respond.
Safe trip

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Seriousbuyer: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
OGreene:
Its best you read past transcripts to give you a better understanding of how the process works. I sent you the link. You should read many pages back, if possible start from May 2017 till date.

"what have you been doing since nysc" you just said "working for your mum", (poor response) AS WHAT NA? and "why the course" threw you off balance. Please just calm down, read deeper and refire.

Thanks a lot am going through that already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Moshood0090: 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hey Guys,any current or prospective UNT student should please signify.... i mean University of North Texas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dorch: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
Kayshow02:
DELAY IN THE DELIVERY OF ISSUED US VISA

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and I need about about delay in the collection of my issued visa.

I had my interview at the US embassy in Lagos on the 21st of July, last month. The interview was very short successful asndI was issued a white paper to pickup my visa and passport after 3 working days. All that the vo asked me was about my course (forest biometrics) which I told her in a very simple and straight forward way, and my plans after graduate school ( I answered to pickup a pending lecturing job at hand).

The challenge I am currently facing is that the 3 working days as passed and this is the third week of waiting with no response. I complained after two weeks via mail. The Desk Service Officer response was that it is still undergoing administrative processing for several weeks and can't tell when it would be ready. This is seriously confusing as I remain clueless as to the cause of the delay. I have been to the collection centre twice but it was unavailable.

Please I need help, advice or direction on what to do about this. Kindly help a brother here?

NB: School resumes by 14th of Aug, this month.

Gurus in the house please help a brother?

Hey, I had the same issue and it was frustrating. Had my interview on the 8th of June and my status was on administrative processing until early July. Got a text for collection on the 10th of July. During the period I kept calling and sending mails but the response I got is same as they sent to you.
Long story short, you just have to be patient and have a positive mind. Hopefully urs won't take as long as mine did. No one knows the reason for the delay.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
Did you see my msg at all?

Folsy:

applying now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fodio84: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
cosade:
i want to beleive you because of the experience you have acquired lately, the study leave is without pay, but your position is retained (you must have informed the management by writing a study leave) a colleague of mine went for her Masters for a year and later resumed to work, also a female colleague who couldn't get pregnant because of stress took permission for 1 and few months and she was welcome, though she later resigned. Thanks for that, i might have to rethink

No serious organisation will encourage such, even in the public service where study leave (with or without pay) is allowed, it is highly regulated.

What is encouraged in serious business entities are professional education like ICAN, done on part-time basis (which of course should not distrup businesa activities) and short courses not lasting more than two weeks.

No VO will buy that explanation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:06am On Aug 10, 2017
The real reason behind all these unnecessary choice of school reasons, is the Visa officers themselves; they are looking for poetry where there is no art. Person picked a school, Finito!!!!!!!. If all F1 seekers had life figured out, them no go dey stress body for Walter Carrington jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chinewon88(m): 12:27am On Aug 10, 2017
Moshood0090:
Hey Guys,any current or prospective UNT student should please signify.... i mean University of North Texas.

CC Christian129

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Observer25: 12:49am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
The real reason behind all these unnecessary choice of school reasons, is the Visa officers themselves; they are looking for poetry where there is no art. Person picked a school, Finito!!!!!!!. If all F1 seekers had life figured out, them no go dey stress body for Walter Carrington jare.

That's why it is their country, not ours.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by frankie2K(m): 12:56am On Aug 10, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Nope. Transcript is different from waec. Schools will ask you for both. You need to obtain your high school transcript from your secondary school.

My chairman please check ur pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 1:00am On Aug 10, 2017
Observer25:

That's why it is their country, not ours.
grin grin ... you dey mind my Nonsense grin , no vex
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kilankoazeez: 1:43am On Aug 10, 2017
skido04:

it's always hard to read all these pages 1 by 1.
Refer to page 60. you ll see a link to some very good materials and advice from one of the gurus. success

Thanks. it's really hard to get to those pages if you have the link please share it, although I would still check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2017
kallowdean:
Gurus,
Make una no say this guy like food too much, F1 Student no mean over reading O.

I beg beans (Ewa Oloyin) dey allowed in to USA grin
Am actually going to Atlanta

Ok. Are you the same guy asking about grind or seed egusi? If yes, Altanta airport is one of the craziest airports that take agricultural products seriously. If your egusi is not seed (i.e grind), everything would be thrown inside gatbage right in front of you. Lots of food that pass JFK won't pass Atlanta. Moreover, why do you need to carry beans when there are lot of different types of beans in U.S? If Nigerian type of beans is what you crave, there are uncountable African stores near to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Folsy(f): 2:22am On Aug 10, 2017
OGreene:
Did you see my msg at all?

nope..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 2:53am On Aug 10, 2017
xtus:
lots of people have been looking to for universities and colleges that are totally free to apple. you don't have to worry about application fees no more because there are lots of universities in the united states that charges international student zero dollars to apply.

http://www.xtusconnect.com/2017-list-universities-colleges-with-no-application-fee/

i found list of colleges and universities in the above link thats absolute free to apply.

Whoever application fee is an issue to, shouldn't even dream about studying in US. Not even up to the compulsory SEVIS fee of $200.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tomisinobm(m): 3:10am On Aug 10, 2017
cosade:

Whoever application fee is an issue to, shouldn't even dream about studying in US. Not even up to the compulsory SEVIS fee of $200.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 3:32am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
T[b]he real reason behind all these unnecessary choice of school reasons, is the Visa officers themselves; they are looking for poetry where there is no art[/b]. Person picked a school, Finito!!!!!!!. If all F1 seekers had life figured out, them no go dey stress body for Walter Carrington jare.

Here is the problem... the VOs know for certain that the majority of folks applying for F1 visas are simply using it as a means to immigrate to the US. Easy signs are:

1. Choice of school - too often people are selecting schools that no one has heard of. Tiny 1 building schools, schools that have accreditation issues, schools with significantly weak entry requirements... what do you expect a VO to think?

2. If you truly are a genuine student, it really should not be a hassle describing why you selected a particular school. This is where VOs are expecting you've done your home work. Here prospective students typically take entire weekends to visit schools of their choice, spend a good deal of time calling up their prospective schools, seeking out alumni or faculty with similar research interests. This is the type of thing the VOs are looking to see, not nonsense about faculty:student ratio or size of building. That tells the VO you basically picked the only school poor enough to grant you an I20.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by princeGee23: 4:34am On Aug 10, 2017
Finally Touched Down JFK NY.......... Sorry If i never reply any comment here but I will do justice to anyone I found in my PM #SanityEnvironment #Trumpland

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 4:36am On Aug 10, 2017
TWoods:

Here is the problem... the VOs know for certain that the majority of folks applying for F1 visas are simply using it as a means to immigrate to the US. Easy signs are:

1. Choice of school - too often people are selecting schools that no one has heard of. Tiny 1 building schools, schools that have accreditation issues, schools with significantly weak entry requirements... what do you expect a VO to think?

2. If you truly are a genuine student, it really should not be a hassle describing why you selected a particular school. This is where VOs are expecting you've done your home work. Here students typically take entire weekends to visit schools of their choice, spend a good deal of time calling up their prospective schools, seeking out alumni or faculty with similar research interests. This is the type of thing the VOs are looking to see, not nonsense about faculty:student ratio or size of building. That tells the VO you basically picked the only school poor enough to grant you an I20.

This!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 4:36am On Aug 10, 2017
sakalisis:

Thanks bro ... which is a good mean to send out the required document, email or post office?

send all supporting documents requested: degree, transcripts( if you have a copy attested by your sch), etc by courier or Nipost. Nipost is cheaper and delivers timely
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 4:41am On Aug 10, 2017
ChelleDee:
Hello All,

HELP NEEDED FOR SEVIS FEE PAYMENT. PLEASE.

THANK YOU

If you have done the necessary things and have your payment coupon, send a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teepee4Him(m): 5:31am On Aug 10, 2017
ponpon:
check isoa.org

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teepee4Him(m): 5:33am On Aug 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

a post here by Femi321 with this comment ; What the Hell? $1300? wow, you have money to throw around. Anyway you can use

http://www.InternationalStudentInsurance.com

but you will have to check the requirements for health insurance in your school first to be sure it meets any of the plans.

Thank you very much, Ma'am!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Then why dont u wait till fall and apply for visa to ABC from the begining

For xyz i think its still possible but if it was me i would then get a new i20 for xyz reflecting fall . Travel with that and the next day start the transfer to Abc. ... technically this is not wrong so world people free me grin

Lol... Technically! Thanks a lot though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 6:21am On Aug 10, 2017
Dejanbaba:

I was meant to begin classes this fall. But I have transferred to begin at a different school. Fall-Fall

Ok. That's good. So are u in the states now, or you're in 9ja (or another country) waiting for fall 2018 (I guess)?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.