Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698283 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 6:25am On Aug 10, 2017
cosade:

He doesn't need to return to Nigeria. With a new I-20 issued by the new school you can apply to the Department of Homelands Security (I hope I got the name right) for update of your I-20.

I remember my son once changed college without returning to Nigeria.

Thanks so much for ur contribution. I'm better informed thanks to u guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2017
TWoods:

Your visa does not allow you to simply chill in the US.

So, what are the likely consequences/implications or merits/demerits of the situation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by pandamonium: 6:29am On Aug 10, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

As a guru it is best to return to Nigeria and start the rat race again cheesy

Hmmm... this contradicts what others have said. Can u throw more light on 'why it is best to return and start all over again'?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 7:13am On Aug 10, 2017
OGreene:
You said you searched for schools that 'offer practical learning with great mentorship programs...'. I dont know what this means, didnt you just search for the program itself and select schools?

Is Innoson a multinational?
Also think about why you picked the course, in case you are asked. You have covered most questions.

The part where you said the school offered you a discipline in 2 courses of interest to you...do you mean concentration or specialization?

I want to believe you read past transcripts. Be clear in your responses. You can practice in front of the mirror and make sure you are not stammering. Because cram work dey get as e be, know the key words and expand on them. Be confident that day and mainatin eye-contact.

All the best...

Okay.. I will make corrections and get back to you.. Thank you very much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kayshow02: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2017
dorch:

Hey, I had the same issue and it was frustrating. Had my interview on the 8th of June and my status was on administrative processing until early July. Got a text for collection on the 10th of July. During the period I kept calling and sending mails but the response I got is same as they sent to you.
Long story short, you just have to be patient and have a positive mind. Hopefully urs won't take as long as mine did. No one knows the reason for the delay.

Thanks dorch! I feel better seriously. I have been greatly disturbed. God bless Dorch.

During the period of waiting and mailing them, did u get any phone interview or summon to show up again at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
The real reason behind all these unnecessary choice of school reasons, is the Visa officers themselves; they are looking for poetry where there is no art. Person picked a school, Finito!!!!!!!. If all F1 seekers had life figured out, them no go dey stress body for Walter Carrington jare.
Why won't they ask for reasons? Do you know the number of applicants in Lagos everyday let alone Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by adey2014: 8:04am On Aug 10, 2017
cosade:

Whoever application fee is an issue to, shouldn't even dream about studying in US. Not even up to the compulsory SEVIS fee of $200.
i feel your opinion is myopic. i can pick free schools to increase the amount of schools i will apply to. it doesnt necessarily mean i cant study in the US.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2017
Good morning, @Lagosismyhome.
We finally went for the interview (Lag, young white lady). I didn't go in with my sister (14+), my dad did. So may not be able to get all information exactly how it went for the transcript.
They asterisked the last paragraph of the white paper and gave them back her passport. Do you have an idea about what the chances would be like and how long we may need to wait for a feedback?

VO: Good morning
HER: Good morning ma'am
VO: Pass me your document
HER: Have them
VO: Why this school?
HER:SAC High school was recommended by my Aunty who made all the research and I also got a scholarship for the duration of study
VO: Okay, so you mean you will live with your aunty?
HER:Yes
VO:When did your Aunty become a citizen of the US
HER: (She didnt know that but my dad answered). she got married to my brother who was already a citizen.
VO: So who is your aunty to you?
HER: My dad's brothers wife
VO:What does she do?
HER:owns a business
VO:where does she live
HER:tells
VO:Tell me about the school
HER:SAC High school has its motto as knowledge...., it has a christian concept and offers subjects like (cuts in)
VO:How did you get the scholarship?
HER:The school had reviewed my result and my performance and their decision was made on those grounds (cuts in)
VO:I dont understand
HER:The school looked at my transcript
VO:Okay (turns to my dad)
VO:do you have any identification
DAD: yes and handed over.
VO: excuse me (left and came back after a few mins handed him back his passport)
VO: did you get the basket ball scholarship
HER:No
VO:I asked cos people go to that sch mainly for bball (hands the white paper with asterisk for Admin processing .... Returned the documents and passport)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2017
pandamonium:

Hmmm... this contradicts what others have said. Can u throw more light on 'why it is best to return and start all over again'?

Relax. You thinking too much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2017
TWoods:

Here is the problem... the VOs know for certain that the majority of folks applying for F1 visas are simply using it as a means to immigrate to the US. Easy signs are:

1. Choice of school - too often people are selecting schools that no one has heard of. Tiny 1 building schools, schools that have accreditation issues, schools with significantly weak entry requirements... what do you expect a VO to think?

2. If you truly are a genuine student, it really should not be a hassle describing why you selected a particular school. This is where VOs are expecting you've done your home work. Here prospective students typically take entire weekends to visit schools of their choice, spend a good deal of time calling up their prospective schools, seeking out alumni or faculty with similar research interests. This is the type of thing the VOs are looking to see, not nonsense about faculty:student ratio or size of building. That tells the VO you basically picked the only school poor enough to grant you an I20.
Man, I understand everything you have said, but my post addresses people who have picked mid tier schools like ETSU, with Ok profiles , but yet still have to give a PhD dissertation abstract as to why they picked a school. plenty people,not excluding me pick school for a plethora of silly reasons; Close to Home, It's the only school we've known for a long time, most family members have gone there, it's cheap and averagely ranked etc. My point is , the simple fact a person wants to go to school further, and not be out in the streets hustling is because they haven't figured out life fully, and are hoping to find convictions somewhere, somehow. The UK has worse immigration path, yet Nigerians still go there, same with most of Western Europe. And if they don't want unneccessary queues at Walter Carrington, they can have F1 quota just like H1-B and distribute to schools from top ranked to one building schools, at least the game would be pretty clear and the Visaofficer (s) wouldn't have to play pretend God, author and finisher of our lives paths. PS: you didn't put up the travel pictures again

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2017
DeeTus:
Why won't they ask for reasons? Do you know the number of applicants in Lagos everyday let alone Abuja?

like I said previously, then There should be F1 quota like the H1-B , and distribute them, with top schools having more , while the number slopes down as the ranking reduces. then and only then would the game be visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Because the way things are , it's like playing a tennis match against the VO's while they also refree the match, and decide when you get points. sometimes they would be fair, other times they would just decide everything you do is a foul.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by freudianslip(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2017
Cc Gbemisolarh
Cc Andrewlaolu
you guys can reach me through owolabit46@yahoo.com
I'm having issues with my email account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2017
Amakyzuu:
Good morning, @Lagosismyhome.
We finally went for the interview (Lag, young white lady). I didn't go in with my sister (14+), my dad did. So may not be able to get all information exactly how it went for the transcript.

Great news.... congrats to her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Andrewlaolu: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello,

Why do you want me to reach you

freudianslip:
Cc Gbemisolarh

Cc Andrewlaolu

you guys can reach me through owolabit46@yahoo.com

I'm having issues with my email account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 10:16am On Aug 10, 2017
Can you try sending me a pm.

Folsy:

nope..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 10:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Thanks, what do you think about returning her passport back to her?
LagosismyHome:

Great news.... congrats to her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:32am On Aug 10, 2017
Amakyzuu:
Thanks, what do you think about returning her passport back to her?

Didnt see that ...not sure . If she was given a white paper then the passport should have been taken. You have to call the embassy and find out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Didnt see that ...not sure . If she was given a white paper then the passport should have been taken. You have to call the embassy and find out

She will be the 2nd person that alluded to white paper. Let them read the part ** The other guy said the content of blue paper was printed on white, hence he was given his passport back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2017
I'm surprised too. what we have here is a white paper with administrative processing asterisked. Same as what was given to a relative who had his approved by another vo just before my sisters interview. the pick up place was circled in his own. while my sister had the aforementioned. How do we call? Could you please give us a number.
LagosismyHome:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
like I said previously, then There should be F1 quota like the H1-B , and distribute them, with top schools having more , while the number slopes down as the ranking reduces. then and only then would the game be visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Because the way things are , it's like playing a tennis match against the VO's while they also refree the match, and decide when you get points. sometimes they would be fair, other times they would just decide everything you do is a foul.
Hahahahaha. You don't tell these guys how to organize their country. After all, your country is third world and full of highly corrupt politicians. Who think stealing public funds is their birthright.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2017
what we have here is a white paper with administrative processing asterisked. Same as what was given to a relative who had his approved by another vo just before my sisters interview. the pick up place was circled in his own. while my sister had the aforementioned.
the ** says before we can continue adjudicating your non-imm visa app, your case must undergo additional admin processing. we will notify u by email or text as soon as itss completed. pls do not return until we have contacted u. if u hae not heard from us within 60 days of ur original interview date, send us an email to ... and request an update.

folmus:

She will be the 2nd person that alluded to white paper. Let them read the part ** The other guy said the content of blue paper was printed on white, hence he was given his passport back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. You don't tell these guys how to organize their country. After all, your country is third world and full of highly corrupt politicians. Who think stealing public funds is their birthright.
How do you explain the fact that two people go for visa interview for Harrisburg university and get their visas; then when the third guy goes he's denied and we all come here giving advice like the school is not great, yet Two people got their visas hassle free; what then is the metric for obtaining an F1; downright lies, psychological game of chicken. 64K is what a factory worker at coca cola would earn in three months and honestly the rules have to be very clear so people stop fasting, praying and wasting multiple 64K, for visas which have no benchmarks for obtaining.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2017
Amakyzuu:
what we have here is a white paper with administrative processing asterisked. Same as what was given to a relative who had his approved by another vo just before my sisters interview. the pick up place was circled in his own. while my sister had the aforementioned.
the ** says before we can continue adjudicating your non-imm visa app, your case must undergo additional admin processing. we will notify u by email or text as soon as itss completed. pls do not return until we have contacted u. if u hae not heard from us within 60 days of ur original interview date, send us an email to ... and request an update.

In that case, you have to wait for further details. from them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dorch: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2017
Kayshow02:

Thanks dorch! I feel better seriously. I have been greatly disturbed. God bless Dorch.

During the period of waiting and mailing them, did u get any phone interview or summon to show up again at the embassy?

No.. none

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2017
pandamonium:

So, what are the likely consequences/implications or merits/demerits of the situation?

You don't want to ever be in a position where you're ever out of status in the US for more than 6 months at a time. You become ineligible to adjust status in the US, if at all possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
How do you explain the fact that two people go for visa interview for Harrisburg university and get their visas; then when the third guy goes he's denied and we all come here giving advice like the school is not great, yet Two people got their visas hassle free; what then is the metric for obtaining an F1; downright lies, psychological game of chicken. 64K is what a factory worker at coca cola would earn in three months and honestly the rules have to be very clear so people stop fasting, praying and wasting multiple 64K, for visas which have no benchmarks for obtaining.

true in some way that why I prefer the UK style of a point based system (although not sure if they still do) ......... Once you have the points and apply for Student visa you pretty much know if its a yes or NO ...

This US method nobody can predict and it all just based on the VO you meet , his or her mood and as "world people" like me would say the Voices in the VO head

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2017
uzzyj:
Good evening everyone, my brother was delayed three weeks ago cos he couldn't give a valid point on what he's been doing for 7 years after his diploma.

Please I need someone to give him a mock cos he's scheduled for next Thursday.

Help a brother in need and thanks in advance.
how do u want us to EPP u wen no transcript of what happen there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
LOL. Look let me tell you, Americans are tired of having a very large number of candidates running away from your country. If you refuse to apply for a visa, will they force you to do so?

Furthermore, every applicant is unique. Meaning every applicant is different. Not everyone that applies for visa, gets it. You ought to understand this. How much was the visa fee before? In other words, the 64K visa fee you are unhappy about is what your politicians caused because they run kangaroo economy. If these Nigerian politicians continue to be selfish, Nigeria would still be in total shambles.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

true in some way that why I prefer the UK style of a point based system (although not sure if they still do it ) ......... Once you have the points and apply for Student visa you pretty much know if its a yes or NO ...

This US method nobody can predict and it all just based on the VO you meet , his or her mood and as "world people" like me would say the Voices in the VO head

I agree with you absolutely, even same for the other non immigrant visa (visit/tourist) whereby they (UK High Comm.) take their time to review and verify documents submitted, instead of the "two minutes harassments" people face in US Embassy standing up with no privacy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Topiipii(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2017
teepee4Him:
Greetings House!

I know information about getting Insurance plans for International students at 'cheaper rates' was discussed months back. I am trying to figure out if it was in Part 11 or Part 12. Can anyone with valuable information with respect to this kindly help?

Thanks.
Always click 'like' or 'share' on posts you think may be useful in the future, that way, you can easily see them by going to your profile and checking the posts you've liked or shared.

OluDare01:
I use http://www.InternationalStudentInsurance.com.
Isoa.org is also cheap
https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/25#58391388

LagosismyHome:

Nice write up

On the issue of Insurance ..... a friend has similar issues where the school was billing by default $1,500 per semester for Insurance . I saw a post here by Femi321 with this comment ; What the Hell? $1300? wow, you have money to throw around. Anyway you can use http://www.InternationalStudentInsurance.com but you will have to check the requirements for health insurance in your school first to be sure it meets any of the plans.

So I sent the link to a friend , he was able to get a quote for $300 for insurance , using the school requirement for insurance such as ensuring the quote covered Repatriation insurance coverage of XX amount and Evacuation insurance coverage of at least XX. He took that quote to the school and they accepted it . The $300 insurance then replaced the default nonsense of $1,500

it appears most schools chosen provders such as insurance or shipping are out to exploit international student , same comment I have for eshipglobal.com who charging Nigerian students to ship i20 at over $100 with DHL but when you go to DHL direct it is less than half . That exploitation but let me not digress
https://www.nairaland.com/3905661/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/24#58374802

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL. Look let me tell you, Americans are tired of having a very large number of candidates running away from your country. If you refuse to apply for a visa, will they force you to do so?

Furthermore, every applicant is unique. Meaning every applicant is different. Not everyone that applies for visa, gets it. You ought to understand this. How much was the visa fee before? In other words, the 64K visa fee you are unhappy about is what your politicians caused because they run kangaroo economy. If these Nigerian politicians continue to be selfish, Nigeria would still be in total shambles.
I don't understand why you keep bringing Nigerian politicians into the discourse; you're really not getting it, if they are real tired of us booth scratching africans, then they should implement a hardline stringent quota system , at least everyone knows they don't stand a chance, and will face Belle to where pot dey on fire. PS: pls read my signature

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I don't understand why you keep bringing Nigerian politicians into the discourse; you're really not getting it, if they are real tired of us booth scratching africans, then they should implement a hardline stringent quota system , at least everyone knows they don't stand a chance, and will face Belle to where pot dey on fire. PS: pls read my signature
Why? Because they destroyed our country out of selfishness.

Getting the US visa was so difficult before especially in the early 90's. Please I do not want to discuss further on this anymore. My life is much important than visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.