Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (699588 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beejhay69: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Amkc:
Sorry guys I should have posted this earlier. If you are looking to chase engineering in masters in the US, university of Maryland is open till 29th of sept and to top it all they are waiving application fee for all engineering applicants.

cool ...Thanks for sharing

what about funding opportunities because College park is not cheap oo so while it might be fee application, school fees unko? .....

please As thoughts on funding opportunities cc bigfrancis21 as well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chekz169: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jrevelation:
Someone please help me
I have been waiting for my i20form from cleveland state university since 3week now and no news
Anyone on the same shoe let share experiences
Did u request for it to be sent via eglobal courier service or a regular post... if its regular post.. forget it, it takes months and ages to get ti Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lamzee:

No mind ham jorr Bro, since Last year
abegi....who call u...you just wanna talk so dey can know u are here...pls don't jump into my matter again and for u wale if u know u don't av any good tin to my post abeg no quote me...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Abigalbee98:
abegi....who call u...you just wanna talk so dey can know u are here...pls don't jump into my matter again and for u wale if u know u don't av any good tin to my post abeg no quote me ...

is this our walspring ..... take your time oooo

Beside i have your time this evening. sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

yes why not ...isnt it a valid licence. ? if it is then
That should be fine however depending on what exactly you need it for ? . doubt if you will be asked to show it anywhere
I intend showing it as part of hometies
.in which case can this be an exception? Thanks for the quick response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Teedawg:

approximately about 140,000 Naira
140,000 ke,sevis fee nko,shipping stuffs,embassy money even exams.......140000 small o.or u didn't calculate d exams and shipping fees..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
freddywells81:

I intend showing it as part of hometies
.in which case can this be an exception? Thanks for the quick response

The Vo can ask if you are married as part of the questions but i haven't seen anyone asked to show the actual marriage certificate ..... home ties is one aspect.

Also important is that the VO should see you as a credible student but that one nobody can predict. it all about the Vo and what he or she thinks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Abigalbee98:
140,000 ke,sevis fee nko,shipping stuffs,embassy money even exams.......140000 small o.or u didn't calculate d exams and shipping fees..

I wonder Ooo... If you spend less than 300k... Then you are lucky
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abigalbee98(f): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
LagosismyHome:

is this our walspring ..... take your time oooo

Beside i have your time this evening. sent you a pm
iya Gbogbo....abeg no get my tym ooo,if u get my my tym penren na die o cus I no sabi vocabulary wella...pls na beg I dey beg...me and wale just dey Wyne ourselves ni o....ema binu simi ma....I will check ur my email now,very happy about d pm,dancing galala for here oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by darellone: 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello Gurus,

I currently hold a B1/B2 visa that will expire in June 2019 but wish to apply for F1 visa... MSc Info Tech in University of Houston.

Would you suggest that I travel and come back before i apply for the F1 visa.

Please note that I have been given an admission for Fall 2018..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gbemisolarh(f): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pls my school has sent me the details of my SEVIS number and school code....pls how do I proceed to make the so called "SEVIS payment" pls?........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Everest1989(m): 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please how can someone pay for application fee? because the school don't accept debit card from Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
darellone:
Hello Gurus,

I currently hold a B1/B2 visa that will expire in June 2019 but wish to apply for F1 visa... MSc Info Tech in University of Houston.

Your best bet would be to travel back to Nigeria for your F1 visa interview instead of trying to change from B1 to F1 status while in the US. Change of status has a very high decline rate (about 90% of such requests are declined as you would have to prove why you are suddenly trying to change status to student status while in the US and that it was not pre-planned. If you have ears, listen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
darellone:
Hello Gurus,

what was the purpose when you got the B1/B2 Visa ?........ That key , has the plan changed for example did you say you were going for a specific function or just general visit .

@bold definitely travel back ... Much easier than trying to adjust your status from B1 to F1 in the US .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Probz(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Your best bet would be to travel back to Nigeria for your F1 visa interview instead of trying to change from B1 to F1 status while in the US. Change of status has a very high decline rate (about 90% of such requests are declined as you would have to prove why you are suddenly trying to change status to student status while in the US and that it was not pre-planned. If you have ears, listen.

Please get back to me re. the email I sent you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
Do you guys ever sleep?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Geedhey(m): 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good day , I would like to ask is it all schools in the US that requires an eternal evaluation of transcript by an evaluation body? and if so which is most reliable with good evaluations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gbemisolarh(f): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pls my school has sent me the details of my SEVIS number and school code....pls how do I proceed to make the so called "SEVIS payment" pls?........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
femi312:
What experience are you sharing? You should pick up your phone and call them if they don't reply emails.
Lol. Delayed I20 experience I guess
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
Gbemisolarh:
Talk to any family/friend you have in the U.S cos SEVIS fee can't be paid in Nigeria, you could also reach out to guys already in the U.S on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Geedhey:
Good day , I would like to ask is it all schools in the US that requires an eternal evaluation of transcript by an evaluation body? and if so which is most reliable with good evaluations.

Not all schools in the US requires an external evaluation. If your CGPA in Nigeria scale of 5 or 7 is low then I'll advice you choose WES as there are other evaluation companies who might not boost your GPA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by redmist(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2017

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by back2dmatter: 12:47am On Sep 26, 2017
During my B1/B2 interview, I told the VO that I will be travelling (vacation) with my family (wifey and 2 US citizen children).

If I don't embark on the journey and then apply for F1 visa, do you see any Red Flag at all??

LagosismyHome:

what was the purpose when you got the B1/B2 Visa ?........ That key , has the plan changed for example did you say you were going for a specific function or just general visit .

@bold definitely travel back ... Much easier than trying to adjust your status from B1 to F1 in the US .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 26, 2017
Please, do anyone know if this result would be up to 3.0. Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 1:13am On Sep 26, 2017
Abigalbee98:
he only asked for visa and i gave him the answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by abimbolar: 1:53am On Sep 26, 2017
slimmy2005:

LMAOOO

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by anuoluwapo884(m): 5:39am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello Gm house would like to apply for US student visa next year and don't wish to fall on August session what other session is available thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 6:13am On Sep 26, 2017
anuoluwapo884:
Hello Gm house would like to apply for US student visa next year and don't wish to fall on August session what other session is available thanks

Spring, winter and summer session, if you don't want fall session
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:16am On Sep 26, 2017
slimmy2005:

gpa: 3.33

source : chimsimdindu previous post

Know that a1,B2, =4 points
B3, C4 . = 3 points
C5, C6 = 2 points
D7,E8= 1point

Then take the average . divide by no of subjects

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Johnolukolade(m): 6:33am On Sep 26, 2017
anuoluwapo884:

Lmao. Well, the Fall (August) session is your best bet cos most of the schools' spring deadline has been reached and most don't even admit international students for Summer. So work towards that Fall o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Everest1989(m): 6:38am On Sep 26, 2017
Please who will help me pay for application fee?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.