Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697453 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ozavis:
Very poor transcript!!!

How is it poor
Helping others is an attitude. You don't need to have a lot or know a lot. If you don't v anything meaningful and constructive to say abt d transcript then ignore.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
align360:

How is it poor
Helping others is an attitude. You don't need to have a lot or know a lot. If you don't anything meaningful and constructive to say abt d transcript then ignore.

Kindly visit part 11 thread. There are lots of testimonies on that thread. Read the transcripts there and learn from people's experience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ladson: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
please do help me on how to get GRE and TOEFL subsidy. I need help please. I can be contacted on bolaji.oladipo@eng.uniben. edu or oladipobolaji77@yahoo.com or +2348062492910 WhatsApp no
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ubah1:

You read meaning to his transcript well. The replies he gave was not truthful enough. Contradicting each other
That's why I asked him to be honest next time. But he probably didn't understand that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ubah1:

Kindly visit part 11 thread. There are lots of testimonies on that thread. Read the transcripts there and learn from people's experience

Hey man, trust you re doing just fine.. that wasn't my transcript.. supposing the transcript had earn him a visa, it would hv been a good one huh?? No transcript is bad or poor.. I believe it's not just his time yet.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
Sanctus1:
finally I have been admitted as a post-graduate student. please what's the next step..i got a mail requesting I pay for shipment of my admission letter n 1-20 form

What legitimate school asks you to pay to ship your admission letter and i20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
sokoto:
Please great fam am so down right now as in very down, my F1 student visa has been denied twice now the last one was yesterday, had my interview for 6:30am . I answered all the questions correctly, this was my transcript. ...........
Me: Excellent morning and happy new day.
V. O : thank u
V. O : how many schools ?
Me: 3 and I named them
V. O : why this school ?
Me: it has a well structured modules, fantastic faculties and most of the lecturers have been in the cooperate world b4 delving into lecturing, this will not only help me only in class but also in the field upon my arrival into my country.
V. O : highest level of education?
Me : Bsc in Economics
V. O : Are u married ?
Me : Yes
V. O : how many kids ?
Me: 2
V.O : what have you been doing since graduation ?
Me : after my graduation in 2005 , I went for a compulsory service for one year, join a company in 2007 , move to another company in 2011 up till date, note pls fam. I told in the names of the companies
V. O: what are your duties in your present company
Me: As a sales and marketing manager i develop, plan ,coordinate and executes customers transaction for effective and efficient business philosophies, I also adopte the concept of KYC, know your customers so as to call prospect once there is a new products available, also I make use of digital technologies to sort for prospect, I monitor the inflow and outflow if customers by this we minimise cost and maximise profit, lastly keep daily, weekly, monthly records of customers to monitor the companies profit margin or turnover.
V. O: who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle
V. O: do you have the SOA
Me: yes plsssss
V. O went through it for a while and and drop it on is desk.
V.O: do you own a house ?
Me : yes but I stay in a rented apartment.
V. O : who own the company?
Me : Am a shareholder in the company I also own the company
V.O : typed for a while and say sorry... ..... And he passed me the blue paper.
I felt Sooooooo bad cos when I was denied the first time I decoverd this platform and studied the whole of tread 11 and 12. All the applicant transcript of those who r successful and not successful in there interviews. My lectures have been worried sending me mails and even deferred my admission and sent a new form 1-20 form spring 2018, I have paid in another 64k yesterday but not in a rush to book appointment this time, plsssssssssss great fam where have I gone wrong, pls I need constructive answers cos am down right now. Thanks and God bless you.

Your responses were obvious lies. You’ve been caught.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by titoakala: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hi gurus in the house, have scheduled an appointment for 11th of this month but due to some circumstances i can't make it on that day. Do I have to pay another money or I can change date without paying? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Josh4wod: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
Josh4wod:

Thanks Officer Josh.. I appreciate your mention.. enjoy the rest of your day.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Pelumiv(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
folmus:

You think everybody here is doing SAT Majority of those responding to your questions are PhD holders. If you have trust problems, thats is your wahala o. If you want to register, I have referred many prospective undergrad students here to reputable centers to register for the exam in Lagos. If you can't do it on your own and you need help, Pm me. Here is not a platform to advertise.

Bros, you need to take a chill pill, you never know who is behind the keyboard. Just because i ask about SAT doesn't mean you should just reply anyhow, if you can't answer a question abeg just move on. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Pelumiv(m): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
lionlee216:

Boss, how are you? Back to naija?
Am good and you? Yeah, for a while but i have returned. Whats good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by akinlolu12(m): 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pelumiv:

Am good and you? Yeah, for a while but i have returned. Whats good?

deleted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sokoto: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
I think I need to come out and really explain myself better , the truth is that I truly own a house and a company, but they were willed to me by may late dad, but my fear was if I say I own a house why then is my uncle sponsoring me? This has keep my mind running, another challenge is I never intent to change what I have on my application against my next interview, I have all the documents, but will the visa officer care to see them. It also of necessity for those who don't know that you can own a company and still be a staff of that company, a director also a shareholder and still be on the payroll.

Seriously m in a fix, I need a strategic analyst, a scientific thinker one who can think through, who understand the holistic picture of my interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 10:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
TWoods:

What legitimate school asks you to pay to ship your admission letter and i20?
many legitimate schools do that or refer students to eshipglobal

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by plankx: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
I also want to know the possibility of Transferring From Nigeria to Canada for the same Masters program. And which schools are open to that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
femi312:
many legitimate schools do that or refer students to eshipglobal

Very strange. It’s certainly the first time I’ve heard that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 11:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Damilare5882:
I am a novice oo but going through the transcript, I can bring out some loop holes....firstly... You said you own a house but you stay in a rented apartment (I felt you should have just stopped at *yes you own a house*) .... Secondly.. You were asked what you have been doing since you graduated.. You said you moved from one company to another and you were further asked who owns the company..then You said you are a share holder and it's apparently yours ( I felt this actually messed everything up) ... I think those two are enough to earn a denial

That's called volunteering of unnecessary info. Such is bad for any kind of interview. Hope he learned.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
sokoto:
I think I need to come out and really explain myself better , the truth is that I truly own a house and a company, but they were willed to me by may late dad, but my fear was if I say I own a house why then is my uncle sponsoring me? This has keep my mind running, another challenge is I never intent to change what I have on my application against my next interview, I have all the documents, but will the visa officer care to see them. It also of necessity for those who don't know that you can own a company and still be a staff of that company, a director also a shareholder and still be on the payroll.

Seriously m in a fix, I need a strategic analyst, a scientific thinker one who can think through, who understand the holistic picture of my interview.

There you go. Why telling the vo you have a house and a company when youre not sponsoring yourself? Saying all those won't increase your chance of getting a student but instead compound the issue.

sokoto:
It also of necessity for those who don't know that you can own a company and still be a staff of that company, a director also a shareholder and still be on the payroll.

I dont think all this is necessary for a student visa. Even someone that told them he teaches in a secondary school got the F1 visa. This is not B1/B2 category. Well, stick to what you already told them and try as much as possible not to volunteer info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
TWoods:

Really? Most schools will ask you first to pay for courier or opt for them to send it by regular mail. some schools also send for free with courier but its not strange, guess its because you have been out of the system for so long

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sokoto: 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Who is this person sounding Sooooooo annoying, pls it's where I work for God sake, I never even tried to impress the V. O or say what m not, I was only acting on what I had on my application. The name of the company where I work it's name after my name on the CAC document and that what in on my DS 160 also the street where the company is located it's named after my late dad ,which bears my surname . No liesssss at allllllll. Sometimes the truth sometimes it's soo difficult to believe.
Am Sooooooo sorry to say this, no hard feelings at all, this is very deep not for shallow minds. If I don't find anyone on this plat form to bring out miningful insight, all I need to do is to mentain my cool and my Heavenly Father will tell me what to say, He has never ever failed me b4. What is impossible for men it's possible with God.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 11:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
TWoods:

Yes, some schools use eshipglobal. Maybe they feel it's fast and at the student's expense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by firmphem: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2017
Taxrem, please how do I have mock interviews with you. ?? I love your constructive criticisms
Congrats...not taxrem....I am not a tax-reminder....texrem biko cheesy cheesy[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tellarh(m): 12:17am On Oct 07, 2017
Hello dear people. Pls, I will like ask if a 2:2 graduate can be admitted for Masters in US? I will appreciate suggestion of schools to study environment engineering or any related courses. I actually graduated with cgpa of 3.48/5.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Otaifo1953: 1:02am On Oct 07, 2017
Ozavis:
Very poor transcript!!!

Screw you. Someone uploaded a transcript and your first sentence was 'very poor transcript'. I am sure he is down right now and he doesn't need you to be kicking him while he is down.

I read a comment of someone saying something like harsh comments are good because it helps one prepare better. That's just an excuse to be mean.

Most on this platform condemn immediately they see a denial transcript even though those transcripts showed how honest the applicant was. There are some successful transcripts that had blemishes.

Try and find a way to stop all these condemnation . some of you do very well to help others. Buh there are just some who just heartless.

Some even went as far as saying he was telling a lie and that he was in the military blah blah blah. Are you a lie detector? Are u Christ ? What makes u think he was lying when you didn't even give 'sokoto' a chance to explain.

He needed help. Give it to him. He doesn't even have to tell you that what he said was the truth buh he chose to.

There are lots of applicants that got visas through lies which begs the question, what do V.Is really want?.

I feel he told the truth, he might not have explained it better, and I am sorry for the denial, and wish you success next interview

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:49am On Oct 07, 2017
TWoods:

Easy to spot an oldie tongue tongue ....in my time as well i20 was always shipped free to applicants but now its on the applicant expenses .

I guess one school might have started it as cost savings /shifting and majority of schools foĺlowed . very common practice now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 4:59am On Oct 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Easy to spot an oldie tongue tongue ....in my time as well i20 was always shipped free to applicants but now its on the applicant expenses .

I guess one school might have started it as cost savings /shifting and majority of schools foĺlowed . very common practice now

Lol true. I guess it’s fair to say in my time too, schools happily mailed you brochures, application forms, housing vacancies, city/bus maps, nightlife ideas... all in one big package for free. You got personal calls to tell you that you had been granted admission and your i20, admission letter and fellowship package was mailed to you free. Times have indeed changed and this was a mere 15 years ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by log1(m): 5:32am On Oct 07, 2017
TWoods:

Lol true. I guess it’s fair to say in my time too, schools happily mailed you brochures, application forms, housing vacancies, city/bus maps, nightlife ideas... all in one big package for free. You got personal calls to tell you that you had been granted admission and your i20, admission letter and fellowship package was mailed to you free. Times have indeed changed and this was a mere 15 years ago.

shocked. I salute you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by log1(m): 5:42am On Oct 07, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Easy to spot an oldie tongue tongue ....[b]in my time as well i20 [/b]was always shipped free to applicants but now its on the applicant expenses .

Kudos to you oldie people. Anyways during my own time too, lolzz, it was free. Infact the first i20 was sent free using DHL and another reissued using UPS when i complained about an error in the first issued i20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2017
Otaifo1953:

Screw you. Someone uploaded a transcript and your first sentence was 'very poor transcript'. I am sure he is down right now and he doesn't need you to be kicking him while he is down.

I read a comment of someone saying something like harsh comments are good because it helps one prepare better. That's just an excuse to be mean.

Most on this platform condemn immediately they see a denial transcript even though those transcripts showed how honest the applicant was. There are some successful transcripts that had blemishes.

Try and find a way to stop all these condemnation . some of you do very well to help others. Buh there are just some who just heartless.

Some even went as far as saying he was telling a lie and that he was in the military blah blah blah. Are you a lie detector? Are u Christ ? What makes u think he was lying when you didn't even give 'sokoto' a chance to explain.

He needed help. Give it to him. He doesn't even have to tell you that what he said was the truth buh he chose to.

There are lots of applicants that got visas through lies which begs the question, what do V.Is really want?.

I feel he told the truth, he might not have explained it better, and I am sorry for the denial, and wish you success next interview

So, those who make out time to help folks here are heartless? How many people have you helped to reposition their future after being denied a visa? Have you ever picked someone's call while talking to you on phone he or she starts to cry because of visa denial? And at the end, he or she got the visa.

There are some successful transcripts that had blemishes? Seems like you haven't been following this thread lately. Folks do comment on that and then say something like you are lucky. Bla bla bla.

Of course, we all know that harsh comments are unpleasant. But the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Many folks who were denied before, got their visas after absorbing these unpleasant words.

As a child growing up, your parents once shouted at you. They did so to make you a better child.

Always appreciate those who helped you in life and also those who are willing to help. For you never knew who God has sent to help you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.