Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696538 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mckay4real: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2017
I was denied an F1 visa on the 4th of December. I want to reapply and I've filled my DS-160 form and paid the visa application fee. But I'm having issues scheduling a visa interview as I can find where to book a new interview on my profile in the visa application page. Please anyone that has reapplied before should explain how I can go about it cos I need to schedule on time as my program starts on the 3rd January
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Messibliss207(f): 7:48am On Dec 05, 2017
Dupsaw:

Not to worry, that part does not pop up for female...

Oh really? Wow! Thank you dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2017
femi312:
Well, No admission contact will tell any student his/her chances of getting admitted in the first place, so his/her reply is expected. My point is, he has some publications and conferences, not a lot of people applying have that. Most don't even have a single publication. Research experience and publications are actually a plus for PhD applications and I am sure you know that. That might actually work in his favor, who knows, like I said he has nothing to lose. He can always rewrite GRE.

Well, the bolded is not entirely correct, a grad advisor once sent me this as a mail "You are highly admissible, go ahead with your application"
I'm guessing that's him telling me my "chance of getting admitted"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 7:56am On Dec 05, 2017
mckay4real:
I was denied an F1 visa on the 4th of December. I want to reapply and I've filled my DS-160 form and paid the visa application fee. But I'm having issues scheduling a visa interview as I can find where to book a new interview on my profile in the visa application page. Please anyone that has reapplied before should explain how I can go about it cos I need to schedule on time as my program starts on the 3rd January

Have you checked this morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 8:13am On Dec 05, 2017
mckay4real:

Have you thoroughly analyzed why you were denied in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2017
Messibliss207:

Oh really? Wow! Thank you dear

Yes dear. I am very sure

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 8:49am On Dec 05, 2017
Pls someone should respond to my question, amongst all the documents to take along for the interview no one has mentioned copy of passport photograph but someone told me it is required, how true pls?
paulavon:
Pls does one need to carry passport photo to the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by scaezar: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2017
gokuu:

Someone learnt a new phrase!

All these foetus.. Sighs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2017
paulavon:
Pls someone should respond to my question, amongst all the documents to take along for the interview no one has mentioned copy of passport photograph but someone told me it is required, how true pls?

The US consulate in Nigeria has a website that can be easily accessed through google. If you went there, you could read all the instructions on how to apply for a visa and what you need to bring with you to your interview. The time wasted asking "questions" here could easily have been utilized more effectively.

It is my summation that you are not a genuine student.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:15am On Dec 05, 2017
Dupsaw:

Well. I encountered the same thing when I was filling mine. I am female, the educational part doesnt pop up for us. I am sure. When I was filling mine, I came here to ask but no one replied me..so I went on to fill a dummy in form of male and the educational part came out. And filled another dummy for female and it did not show.

I then checked my other friends who are females and the same thing happened.

I checked Nairaland using the search button and I found out that, recently that part doesn't pop up for females.
Well it is something I am sure of. Female do not find the educational part on their ds160.

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Some people are under fire as we speak at the US embassy. Chai.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2017
Tekecoms1:
Some people are under fire as we speak at the US embassy. Chai.......
What's wrong man?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 9:22am On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

The US consulate in Nigeria has a website that can be easily accessed through google. If you went there, you could read all the instructions on how to apply for a visa and what you need to bring with you to your interview. The time wasted asking "questions" here could easily have been utilized more effectively.

Oga TWoods.
You sabi nail person ooooooooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2017
Mr Twoods you have resumed your typical self. I appreciate the fact that you encourage Visa applicants to be diligent and forthright but your conclusions sometimes leave a sour taste in the mouth. I am one individual who rarely ask questions, I source for my information myself.I am 100% ready for my interview. In the US consulate website it wasn't stated amongst the requirements but someone told me so I just want clarify. Only God knows who is a genuine student, let no man pass judgement. You are a great guy though.

TWoods:

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AbusM(m): 9:46am On Dec 05, 2017
ahahaah T-fucking-Wood.. I couldn't hold my laughter... You are the true bringer of rain and slayer of the theokolis. Spartacus. Some of our people ask questions that are so unbelievable really.

It is my summation that you are not a genuine student.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2017
TWoods:

The time u use in criticizing is more than enough to just answer a simple question. The US consulate website did not state that applicants should come with Bank statements or passport photograph, yet they request for it at the embassy.
Sometimes try to soft pedal on some issues. If we know it all, nobody would be here posting transcripts (both approved and delayed). U have learnt alot here also, so don't be quick to judge.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 10:17am On Dec 05, 2017
paulavon:

Yes u need to go with passport photograph.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vikturaikay(m): 10:47am On Dec 05, 2017
Good morning house! Had my Visa interview this morning and was placed on AP. After tapping the keyboard for ages and telling me " just a minute" like a 100 times,The VO went thus " I will be keeping your passport but something is not coming up in my system so I will be placing you on Administrative process " asterisk "Administratover process " in the white paper and hand it to me. i will communicate to you through e mail on your status. No documents asked for both during and after the interview. So what are my chances. People around was telling congratulations. Please what should i do.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by paulavon: 10:51am On Dec 05, 2017
Thank you bro,just a simple answer but Twoods chose to villify me. I think his long stay in the US is affecting him psychologically.
erniesail:

Yes u need to go with passport photograph.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2017
vikturaikay:
Good morning house! Had my Visa interview this morning and was placed on AP. After tapping the keyboard for ages and telling me " just a minute" like a 100 times,The VO went thus " I will be keeping your passport but something is not coming up in my system so I will be placing you on Administrative process " asterisk "Administratover process " in the white paper and hand it to me. i will communicate to you through e mail on your status. No documents asked for both during and after the interview. So what are my chances. People around was telling congratulations. Please what should i do.

Congratulations.... Pls share ur transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by omoluabiguy: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2017
vikturaikay:

Just relax! If everything you filled on your DS160 is real, you’ll be fine. Since no document was asked, they might want to call your workplace or something. They’ll verify something somehow and issue your visa. You might want to post your transcripts for gurus’ perusal

Congrats in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2017
Kindly post your transcript
vikturaikay:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 11:00am On Dec 05, 2017
vikturaikay:

Don't worry, if your admission is genuine, your Sevis fee has been paid and all the passport information that the embassy gat tallies with the information the school provided. Then you are good to go..

Congratulations bro..

Abeg Share your transcript joo..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 05, 2017
gbaby4live:

Don't worry, if your admission is genuine, your Sevis fee has been paid and all the passport information that the embassy gat tallies with the information the school provided. Then you are good to go..

Congratulations bro..

Abeg Share your transcript joo..

Good morning house,
i have had 2 delays, i re applied and i will be going for my interview soon.
my father is an alumnus of my proposed school Bowie state university Maryland, he had his MBA there in 1985.
However my question goes thus if asked why Bowie state university? and i respond this way- The positive impact of BSU on my fathers life influenced my decision in selecting this institution, he is an alumnus of the institution. So also Bowie state university is an interdisciplinary research based institution that equips student with both theoretical and practical skill which i believe will address the problem of lack of expertise in the Nigerian public service.
Does this response make any sense ? Opinions will be highly appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2017
Good morning house,
my father is an alumnus of my proposed school Bowie state university Maryland, he had his MBA there in 1985.
However my question goes thus if asked why Bowie state university? and i respond this way- The positive impact of BSU on my fathers life influenced my decision in selecting this institution, he is an alumnus of the institution. So also Bowie state university is an interdisciplinary research based institution that equips student with both theoretical and practical skill which i believe will address the problem of lack of expertise in the Nigerian public service.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 11:53am On Dec 05, 2017
Deboadekoya93:

Good morning house,

Did you apply or check other schools while applying to Bowie?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2017
gbaby4live:

Did you apply or check other schools while applying to Bowie?

Checked & applied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by StackNerd: 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
Thanks to everybody that has contributed in one way or the other on this Thread, You are the best, I,ve been a silent follower of this thread and my Visa was approved today

Days before today, i prayed to God that, i don,t want to spend more than 30 secs to get my visa approved, lo and Behold, God Answered the prayer

The Guy had rejected four people before me, i wanted to switch lines, because the VO was not smiling. i,m normally confident, but mehn! i didn't know when my heart started beating fast.

Transcript below
VO: Which school?
ME: A uni in Maryland ( i mentioned the school)
VO: Which course
ME: Computer Engineering
VO: What is your highest Qualification
ME: Bachelor of Eng, Elect/elect
VO: What have you been doing since you finished NYSC
ME: I have been working at (A multinational) as a Systems Engineer for Anglophone countries in Africa, my work includes design and implementation of Cloud computing solutions, High performance computing solutions and Storage solutions for Telecom operators across Africa.
VO: Frowning
Me: E ma Gbami Ke
VO: Do you code
Me: No, its not inline with my work
VO: your visa is approved, Pick it in three day at ( Didn't Hear this part)
Me: Thanks

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello everyone, I have an issue. On my DS 160 confirmation print out, I have Abuja as the selected location instead of Lagos, my interview is scheduled to hold in Lagos on 20th... Please how to I go about changing the Abuja on the on the ds 160 confirmation page to lagos. Because I don't want trouble when I get to the embassy... Please, help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
Deboadekoya93:

Checked & applied

I think it's better to put it this way,

VO: Why this School?
You: Aside from the fact that my dad is an Alumni of the schoo which made me feel at home(or any best statement),and out of other school that I considered while applying, I've been able to figure out that BSU is an international bla bla(you must say something unique cos those VO are not stupid)..
NB: make sure you tell the VO the problem that you are trying to solve, I'm sure you don't want the VO to crack his/her head trying to figure out the problem you are trying to solve for your country..
E.g Some will say, I'll be solving a problem in the accounting sector here in Nigeria..

But the best response should be, I'll be solving the most critical problem in the accounting sector by introducing this and that which will make the sector to be this and that...

Sowie can't type for long sad

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
gbaby4live:

I think it's better to put it this way,

VO: Why this School?
You: Aside from the fact that my dad is an Alumni of the schoo which made me feel at home(or any best statement),and out of other school that I considered while applying, I've been able to figure out that BSU is an international bla bla(you must say something unique cos those VO are not stupid)..
NB: make sure you tell the VO the problem that you are trying to solve, I'm sure you don't want the VO to crack his/her head trying to figure out the problem you are trying to solve for your country..
E.g Some will said, I'll be solving a problem in the accounting sector here in Nigeria..

But the best response should be, I'll be solving the most critical problem in the accounting sector by introducing this and that which will make the sector to be this and that...

Sowie can't type for long sad

Thank you very much for your time, God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
StackNerd:
Thanks to everybody that has contributed in one way or the other on this Thread, You are the best, I,ve been a silent follower of this thread and my Visa was approved today

Days before today, i prayed to God that, i don,t want to spend more than 30 secs to get my visa approved, lo and Behold, God Answered the prayer

The Guy had rejected four people before me, i wanted to switch lines, because the VO was not smiling. i,m normally confident, but mehn! i didn't know when my heart started beating fast.

Transcript below
VO: Which school?
ME: A uni in Maryland ( i mentioned the school)
VO: Which course
ME: Computer Engineering
VO: What is your highest Qualification
ME: Bachelor of Eng, Elect/elect
VO: What have you been doing since you finished NYSC
ME: I have been working at (A multinational) as a Systems Engineer for Anglophone countries in Africa, my work includes design and implementation of Cloud computing solutions, High performance computing solutions and Storage solutions for Telecom operators across Africa.
VO: Frowning
Me: E ma Gbami Ke
VO: Do you code
Me: its not inline with my work
VO: your visa is approved, Pick it in three day at ( Didn't Hear this part)
Me: Thanks

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.