Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695980 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ValentinoPerez(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2017
Obayomimi:
My visa was approved yesterday after 6 denials.
Let me tell my story because I want it to motivate someone out there.

A very big and a special congratulations to you @Obayomimi. This is indeed a victory well deserved for a very dogged and persistent warrior like you. I pray that the good Lord will protect your testimony and grant you outstanding success and speed for excellence in your endeavour. Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sallysweet: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2017
Good Morning!

Please are there current Nigerian students in here at Grand Valley State University or any one headed there this Fall? My sister was also accepted there and would want to find out certain details. Please pm. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tacticalmind: 10:45am On Jul 19, 2017
Good morning, good people of Nigeria. Please, can someone direct me to a post where I can read about getting a PhD admission and/or funding? I just completed my MSc and I have no clue on getting over there. I'm not trying to take you backwards, I just want to be informed. Thanks in advance. I hope I'll be able to share my testimony here also in the nearest future. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2017
Tacticalmind:
Good morning, good people of Nigeria. Please, can someone direct me to a post where I can read about getting a PhD admission and/or funding? I just completed my MSc and I have no clue on getting over there. I'm not trying to take you backwards, I just want to be informed. Thanks in advance. I hope I'll be able to share my testimony here also in the nearest future. Thanks again.

What your area of study....what your gpa for bsc and msc then the phds in the house might guideyou better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hushee(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2017
Oseni007:
Long Post Alert ooooooooo
Alihamdulilahi Robil Alamin,

Cheers.

Congrats Bro, I've never seen a man as determined as you in this visa journey... God bless your journey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by martclems: 11:04am On Jul 19, 2017
US student F1 Visa finally approved just this morning after two times denials. Glory to God Almighty, thanks to my mentor, my coach and teacher, Gaviria who I met on this platform. The bros help me sha. At a point I was wondering if we still have Nigerians like Gaviria. Bros thanks a lot. May the good Lord bless you richly. I'm very very grateful. So here's my transcript.

Interview was scheduled for 7:45am.

The same guy who did my biometrics was the same person who conducted the interview, I was coincidentally directed to him the second time by the CGI official.

VO: good morning
Me: good morning

VO: Pass your documents pls
I did

VO: where are you going?
Me: I'm going to Boston, Massachusetts, USA. I'm going there for my masters degree at Hult International Business School.
(VO jst happy wen I answer like this, he expressed this with a smile. I was surprised)

VO: how did you hear about this school?
Me: I carried out an extensive research using academic websites. I used usnews.com, gradschools.com and then google.com. (At this point I paused then I remembered I haven't completed that statement, then I continued and added this: I further streamlined my search to schools whose courses aligns with my area of interest.

VO: did you take any test?
Me: Yes, I did. I took the wonderlic test with the school
(the guy nodded like he knew what the wonderlic test was about)
The VO denied the guy in front of me cos he said 'no' to this question(cos after giving the guy d blue slip d guy asked the VO the reason for his denial and the VO explained that to him and even added that he has a better chance of getting his visa approved if he took any of those tests) and at this point I was already fretting cos I didn't take any standardized test other than the wonderlic test conducted for me by the school. "Na cos of that guy for my front wey d VO bounce make me get sense to answer 'yes' to that question with one kind confidence ehn....only for me to tell him 'wonderlic test' and he accepted it'' - God in action.

VO: what's this test about?
Me: (for my mind I was like... And u nodded like u knew about the test??) it's an internal based test conducted by the school to test my verbal skills, communication and technical skills.... (Trust me I wasn't prepared for this question)

The VO nodded again with excitement. I was jst thinking, Na so this guy like my face. Well, his smiles gave me confidence sha.

VO: so what are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to set up my own business.

VO: what kinda business?
Me: a recycling company.

VO: why this company?
Me: this is an area many Nigerians haven't really gone into. We have very few recycling companies in Nigeria (and I added a few spoil that even me myself knew I was explaining spoil)

VO looks at my i20, raised his head and said you have a scholarship from the school.
Me: yes, I do. (With a big smile)

VO: how did you get it?
Me: I wrote a scholarship essay.

VO: what's the topic of the essay?
Me: (I actually forgot the topic) future leadership essay it is (I think it's the topic anyway)

VO: what did you write about?
Me: I talked about my future goals, how I'd like to rule a company on my own and I also talked about my academic achievement over the years.

VO: where did you study for your first degree?
Me: University of Benin, EDO state.

VO: What did you study?
Me: Mechanical Engineering.

VO: you graduated in 2016,have you done your youth service? (I least expected this question but Gaviria had earlier on advised me on how to fill out the employment status on my ds160, stating that I'm still a student and currently undergoing my youth service and will be rounding up next month, August....which I did)
Me: I'm currently serving and will be rounding up next month, August. My program starts in September.

VO was jst smiling at me, carefully kept my passport by his side where I noticed a heap of other passports and he told me the good news. Your visa has been approved, followed by some other talks, brought out that white paper, handed it over to me alongside my i20. I smiled back, collected the papers and left d window..

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 11:11am On Jul 19, 2017
OluDare01:

Great to see another chemist coming on board. Nano research is very interesting and promising especially when you focus on the materials chemistry side, semi conductors (quantum dots) et al. You can land yourself a well-paid job with the likes of Intel, Tesla and other companies.
Chemical sensor research and nanomedicine research is a great deal of a Master's research. I think you're gonna have a great time working with state of the art equipment and facilities for research.
Oyaaa.. Kunlexy, see OT from your Oga in Chem,. Eyin Nanotech aye,.. Thanks Oludare, Make una dey flex TN..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2017
thesoj:

Congrats bro. Wow!!!! This is an incredible story.
Boss, Longest time sir!!.. Where have you been?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2017
martclems:
US student F1 Visa finally approved after two times denials, just this morning. Glory to God Almighty, thanks to my mentor, my coach and teacher, Gaviria who I met on this platform. The bros help me sha. At a point I was wondering if we still have Nigerians like Gaviria. Bros thanks a lot. May the good Lord bless you richly. I'm very very grateful. So here's my transcript.

Interview was scheduled for 7:45am.

The same guy who did my biometrics was the same person who conducted the interview, I was coincidentally directed to him the second time by the CGI official.

I did

VO: where are you going?
Me: I'm going to Boston, Massachusetts, USA. I'm going there for my masters degree at Hult International Business School.
(VO jst happy wen I answer like this, he expressed this with a smile. I was surprised)

VO: how did you hear about this school?
Me: I carries out an extensive research using academic websites. I used usnews.com, gradschools.com and then google.com. (At this point I paused then I remembered I haven't completed that statement, then I continued and added this: I further streamlined my search to schools who's courses aligns with my area of interest.

VO: did you take any rest?
Me: I took the wonderlic test with the school
(the guy nodded like he knew what the wonderlic test was about)

VO: what's this test about?
Me: (for my mind I was like... And u nodded like u knew about the test??) it's an internal based test conducted by the school to test my verbal skills, communication and technical skills.... (Trust me I wasn't prepared for this question)

The VO nodded again with excitement. I was jst thinking, Na so this guy like my face. Well, his smiles gave me confidence sha.

VO: so what are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to set up my own business.

VO: what kinda business?
Me: a recycling company.

VO: why this company?
Me: this is an area many Nigerians haven't really gone into. We have very few recycling companies in Nigeria (and I added a few spoil that even me myself knew I was explaining spoil)

VO looks at my i20, raised his head and said you have a scholarship from the school.
Me: yes, I do. (With a big smile)

VO: how did you get it?
Me: I wrote a scholarship essay.

VO: what's the topic of the essay?
Me: (I actually forgot the topic) future leadership essay it is (I think it's the topic anyway)

VO: what did you write about?
Me: I talked about my future goals, how I'd like to rule a company on my own and I also talked about my academic achievement over the years.

VO: where did you study for your first degree?
Me: University of Benin, EDO state.

VO: What did you study?
Me: Mechanical Engineering.

VO: you graduated in 2016,have you done your youth service (i least expected this question but Gaviria has earlier on advised me on what to do about this part as I currently serving)
Me: I will be rounding up next month and my program starts in September.

VO was jst smiling at me and he told me the good news. Your visa has been approved. With all the many talk. Jst smiled back at him and left after he gave me back my i20.
Congratulations bro. God did it! I really liked your doggedness and determination. I'm so happy for you.
God bless your new journey.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Time2Smile(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2017
Would it be wise to fly to Atlanta as POE and then take connecting flight to Dallas? . The prices I am seeing for direct flight to Dallas aren't smiling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mudi1012: 11:28am On Jul 19, 2017
Blood of God, Baba you don try oo ..i dey even cry for you sef now cry,Congratulations and please no forget to dance pass small doctor oo grin grin
Oseni007:
Long Post Alert ooooooooo
Alihamdulilahi Robil Alamin,

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sobastical: 11:30am On Jul 19, 2017
Congrats to all the approved applicants.... God bless your new sojourn

Just gonna be an observant now smiley

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:36am On Jul 19, 2017
Time2Smile:
Would it be wise to fly to Atlanta as POE and then take connecting flight to Dallas? . The prices I am seeing for direct flight to Dallas aren't smiling.

Not a problem.... but just have yourconnecting flight ticket to hand if asked. They might ask they might not

Also note that most local connecting flight does not have luggage so u might be charged about $25 per checked bag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HisSon24: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2017
Though I got my visa approved already, your transcript and that of Oseni is a wonderful inspiration towards other things one one plans to achieve in life. Thanks for sharing. [/quote author=Obayomimi post=58602977]My visa was approved yesterday after 6 denials.

[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by yinkdj1(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2017
KELVIN086:

This is a simple question na , all I just want is for a phd student to tell me the number of years he was given ,and if it's possible for one to collect 10 years because me myself I'm also doubting this guy , that's why I'm asking the question.

PhD or MSc, what you get now for f1 is 2years. Which I think you can extend when you get in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Vicktor18:
Hello. Please I need someone to help me check out the community college in Houston(their tuition fee as an undergrad). have been trying but no result.. Thanks

Funny I just checked it out recently for someone.

It is $1,878 per semester (12 credits) for international students. Quite affordable.

http://www.hccs.edu/programs/tuitioncalculator/tuition-cost-fall-2017/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by auxioneer(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
MY US student F1 Visa approved today, just this morning. All i can say is Alhamdulillahi. I'm very very grateful to those who helped. So here's my transcript.

Interview was scheduled for 6:30am.
Was directed to the old lady after she dished out blue paper for the two people before me. i just kept my cool.

I did

VO: How old are you
Me: 26

VO: Do you have a Bsc
Me: Yes i have a Bsc in Mech Eng

VO: when did you graduate
Me: 2014

VO: So what have you been doing doing since then.
Me: after my NYSC i have been working at XYZ company.

VO: so how many schools did you apply to?
Me: three ma

VO: and how many admits
Me: 3 admits (Vo looks suprised)

VO: so why did you choose this particular school (Mississippi state Uni)?
Me: i lost concentration for a bit she was trying to help me say something about the Curriculum i said no Ma and smiled. then answered that the faculty the Mech dept of the school had extended industrial experience compared to other schools. she smiled wink

VO: who's sponsoring you?
Me: My Dad

VO: what does he do?
Me: He owns a Haulage company.

VO: Do you have any relatives in the us.
Me: No i don't

VO: You would be needing this Passes my I-20 and white paper

I feel the interview process depends on Grace, confidence, and also your effort put in the entire admission process. The guy before me scored 288 in his GRE and i think she(VO) wasn't okay with that score but didn't get what course he was going for.
I can't say how much this thread helped me. To all those who have contributed, i say a big Thank You.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by martclems: 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Amen!! That's my coach there. Glory to God Almighty!
gaviria:

Congratulations bro. God did it! I really liked your doggedness and determination. I'm so happy for you.
God bless your new journey.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls cc LagosismyHome how can one receive their i-20, by mail? My sister got hers from the school through email. It states she and her legal guardians should sign since she is less than 18. Thank you.
LagosismyHome:

Yes you are suppose to sign it ....to signify that you agree with the condition attached to an international student......

so there you go panic over grin . Relax
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
So many successful visa grants in the house. Congrats to you all. I also see a lot of determination, doggedness and hardwork from many people here. Let's all keep the flag flying!

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by yinkdj1(m): 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
OluDare01:

Did you read my post?
I don't think I argued with you.
Sorry if you felt offended.

Cheers

The way people misinterpret matters here, I just laugh and scroll up.
They'd ask simple question, you'll give your own one kobo and they'd come for your head.
What a life
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teekay2408(m): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
mecigr8s:

Baba, I sent you a PM some couple of weeks back but did not see any reply.
oludare pls have mailed u kindly help me check my transcript as am heading for interview .help me go tru and correct errors.familusitokunbo@gmail.com.i will be expecting u bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
Time2Smile:
Bro, How much are you seeing from here to ATL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teekay2408(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
HisSon24:
thanks @ Oludare01
bros pls help me out to screen my transcript I will be heading for embassy for another interview my school is St cloud State university MN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by D2rain: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=58203669]All the best to incoming part 12 visa applicants

Safe travels to our part 11 family....

smiley cheesy grin[/quote please can one analys the cost for U S student visa, and what f1 f2 f3 etc mean.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Obayomimi:
My visa was approved yesterday after 6 denials.

When I was young I have always wanted to be behind the camera because my uncle works with the Nigerian Television authority as the head Camera unit. I love the job and I made up my mind to do it too. Later I got admitted to OAU ife to study plant science. When I got there i was studying and i was doing editing training in town to follow what I actually love to do which affected my academics. I failed CHM 101, PHY105 and MTH 105 I only passed BOT 105 and ZOO 105. My Cgpa was not below 1.0 but I was not just interested in the course. I decided to leave the department and concentrate on my editing class and write another jamb and go for an ARTS course.
I was so determined to have a BSC so I went to ibadan to write another waec in art subject.
Fast forward to 2010 I got to know about souther illinois university Edwardsville I applied to the school to study mass communication and i got the i 20. I was denied twice in 2010 and 0nce in 2011. When I got denied in 2011 I ran to jamb office to get jamb form because they must not know at home that I am no more a student and I started all over i had to tell my parents after I got admitted again to the same OAU but now an art course. When I got to school again I was ashamed somehow especially when it is the convocation of your mates and you are in part 1 and you will be the one to sing for them in AMPHI. I did my tin and I left AMPHI theatre. I got to know about new york film academy in my second year and I applied for a year conservatory prog in Filmmaking in 2013. I got the i 20 also but I was also denied twice then I got to know about nairaland. I read all pages for 3 days and I decided to stop applying until I get my BSC here in Nigeria .
I got my BSC and I refired to the same new york film academy for masters in fineart but now I am not too desperate because I have a lot of editing jobs to be done. I got the i 20 in April this year and I was forced to apply again by my brother. I went for the interview on 3rd of July 2017.
Me..............Morning

VO...............no response(I was too angry but what can I do)
VO........... Have u traveled out before
Me............ Yes. South Africa and Dubai for a shoot.
Vo............. are you married?
Me.............no
Vo............. you can reapply. Thank you.
I don't think I have seen that kind of ntervuew before. I left and I called my brother that I am no longer 8nterested I want to go to South Africa which is sure and cheaper and he agreed.
On Sunday my brother just called me that he has paid for my visa fee online that I should go again and I schedule the interview for yesterday. I just went with cgi receipt, appointment confirmation,sevis, I 60 confirmation, I 20 and passport. No interest again at all but I knew if the consular should ask me anything about production he will not want me to stop because this is my field.
When I got there i was moved to the woman that denied me the last time but I dint bother because I just wanted to do the interview and go back to the studio.
Vo........... good morning
Me ..........Morning ooooo
Vo............. did you write any test
Me.............no
Vo..............are u married
Me............ no
Vo............I interviewed you before
Me...........Yes
Vo.............I will have to allow another Vo to interview you for fair hearing. And he passed me to one old woman that has been denying people.
New vo;
Vo.........I like your cloth
Me........ thank you
Vo..........tell me about your application
Me......... I applied online, sent my transcript through my university, wrote my sop( cuts in)
Vo......... what do you do
Me........ I am a film editor and a content provider
Vo........ Av u done any project to yourself
Me........Yes
Vo..........tell me about it
Me.........I did a shot film about what is happening in nigeria.bokoharam and kidnapping *cuts*
Vo......... you have been applying since 2010 and your application has been on media and production which shows you really have passion for it and you have been denied 6times. Give me one reason why I shud approve your application.
Me............(for my mind I was like this is the question I have been expecting for the past 7 years). There is a course i will be taking in the second year of my program at NYFA which is about production business. It is divided into 2, the first part is for ppl who wants to to be an executive producer and the the second one is for someone like me who wants to come back to Nigeria and have a film school.In Nigeria today there is no standard film sch all what we have are acting classes. We need a film school whr there will be gaffer department, makeup department, costume class, well equipped editing suites ( I mentioned softwares too)cuts
Vo..........inform me when you arrive to Nigeria and start your film school. You really know what you are doing. PICK UP YOUR VISA ON FRIDAY.
IT IS TOO LONG BUT I HAVE TO WRITE IT INFACT I HAVE EDITED A LOT OF TINS.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING IF POSSIBLE SO THAT WEN YOU ARE DENIED IT WILL NOT WEIGH YOU DOWN MUCH AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REFIRED AND AQUIRE WHAT YOU DESIRE.
IF YOU ARE DENIED AND YOU COME BACK HERE YOU WILL WANT TO REAPPLY IF YOU HAVE MONEY. THANK YOU GUYS AND GOD BLESS YOU

Superior return. God would definitely see you through out there in the US. Also, you may properly get a job even before you graduate.

The attitude never to give up is the ultimate. In life, what keeps the momentum going is motivation, hard work and luck.

Great interview and job well done.

I will keep saying this. "The end only justifies the means." People might abandon you when things are tough for you, but they do not realize that "hard time" never lasts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
DeeTus:
Superior return. God would definitely see you through out there in the US. Also, you may properly get a job even before you graduate.

The attitude never to give up is the ultimate. In life, what keeps the momentum going is motivation, hard work and luck.

Great interview and job well done.

I will keep saying this. "The end only justifies the means." People might abandon you when things are tough for you, but they do not realize that "hard time" never lasts.

wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by yemiosinbajo: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
If you're going to take a connecting flight from JFK to your residence, is it advisable that you book that connecting flight right here in Nigeria before you go, or should you take the dollar cash with you and book the flight physically when you land in JFK?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Amakyzuu:
Pls cc LagosismyHome how can one receive their i-20, by mail? My sister got hers from the school through email. It states she and her legal guardians should sign since she is less than 18. Thank you.

Through email ke ........ Double check with the school . If it can be emailed then why will anyone pay shipping cost . I don't think email versions are accepted at the embassy .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
yemiosinbajo:
If you're going to take a connecting flight from JFK to your residence, is it advisable that you book that connecting flight right here in Nigeria before you go, or should you take the dollar cash with you and book the flight physically when you land in JFK?

it super expensive to book at the airport and day of flight ........ Best to book in advance and online

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Helkayklassic(m): 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Anyone here used WES for evaluation recently?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.