Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697218 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Samuelmilito: 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Special thanks to the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY who make all things possible.
Went for my interview last week Friday in Lagos, the 14th. Got there very early(past 5 for 6:30am interview), was interviewed by a pretty white lady who likes drilling candidates. She also gives everyone very good chance of presenting their cases.I was the third on my line(3), first 2 people were not given. had to treat the interview with everything i'd got.
Below is the transcript of the conversation between the vo and me.

vo:Goodmorning
me:Good morning, how was your night? (vo...no reply)
vo:what are you going to do in the us?
me:I am going for the Engineering Technology graduate certificate program(with strong focus in Technology Innovation) at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
vo:How many schools did you apply to?
me: 3, the university of Arkansas at Little Rock, Oklahoma State University and the Virginia International University,
vo:how did you learn about this school?
me: a senior colleague at my place of work introduced me to the school.
vo:How long have you worked at your present organization?
me: 2 years 6 months
vo:how is this program going to help you?
me:It will enable me to define problems that can be addressed through technological solutions, It will give me hands=on experience on the implementation of latest technological solutions and finally, it would give me better understanding between the relationship that exist between.....(vo cuts in)
vo:I know you've rehearsed and prepared very well...can you say in another way how this program is going to help you?
me:It will help me grow my career, and give me better understanding in latest technological areas like the internet of things, Big data and cloud comp...(vo cuts in)
vo:Did you do any exams?
No, the university found my academic qualifications and certifications suitable for the program.
vosadagain)How many schools did you apply to?
me: 3, the university of Arkansas at Little Rock, Oklahoma State University and the Virginia International University
vo:who is sponsoring you?
me:my dad
vo:what does he do?
me:He is a ...,and he is the md/ceo of ... in Lagos.
vo:have you travelled before?
me:yes, to ... while working at ... where I helped build ...., also to Kenya and Benin.
vo:In ... country, they dont speak English, how were you able to cope while working there?
me: ... is a multicultural company, and a diverse place with people from all over the world, it was no problem interacting with co-workers as other individuals communicated with English.
vo:Can you tell me about the solution you built?
me:... is an innovative ... solution meant to .....
vo:I would need you to be picking your passport ... in 3 days time, take this paper(white)
me: Thank you.

Thanks to Texrem for doing 2 different mock interviews, after the first interview he told me I was good to go, thanks also to everyone that has contributed on this thread, and the previous threads. I studied different transcripts for week, use those transcripts to develop questions for myself and had a friend who was helping me ask questions. No document asked.Put GOD first and prepare well.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ave(f): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
To God be the glory. He is indewd faithful and just. My visa has been approved today Friday 21st 9:30am appointment. Lagos consulate, I was denied on Tuesday 18th,my transcript is coming soon.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by luzon: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
expertman:

Any one to help with advice

We are in the same situation, what I just did is mail them with attachments of my changed profile (that of the new ds160) and also my appointment page which carries the inassessible ds160 no.
I will print both and hopefully they take the new one in case I don't get a reply.
My appointment is for Monday. I also sent a feedback mail to them yesterday on this point. I hope they acknowledge my mails.

Hope it soothes you a little.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ave:
To God be the glory. He is indewd faithful and just. My visa has been approved today Friday 21st 9:30am appointment. Lagos consulate, I was denied on Tuesday 18th,my transcript is coming soon.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2017
Abuja again.

My friend went for his interview this morning, he got scholarship from the school and his uncle will foot the rest. He said his uncle is into importation of cars, VO asked which country he imports from, he answered. VO now said he should send his uncle's bill of lading together with the statement of account (my friend was with account statement but they didn't look at it there).

VO gave him a yellow paper. I'm hopeful for him, he will send the docs to the Embassy this afternoon

I will post his full transcript when he sends it to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ElDeeVee(m): 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ave:

Congrats dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oriyt1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
DeeTus:
Forget about this omo araye thing. These are man made stuffs. Because they are man made, they could be destroyed!
let them reason your matter then you will know wassup

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gaviria: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
olumide098:

Why are you encouraging cheap ticket bro?
Please if you don't have something better to say, let people that want to say it talk. Because cheap flight is illegal or the plane dey crash or it affects POE decision? Not everyone can afford to fly Lufthansa or British Airways. And you're not in Nigeria you don't know how to economy is, or maybe you do and you're just trolling.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ibukunoluwa01: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ibukunoluwa01:
Hello Good evening
I earlier sent a message but got no reply. I would like to transfer to a US varsity come January 2018 cause by then I should have completed 46 credits which qualifies me for a transfer.

So I wanna ask,
1. is there any university that you would advise
2. Is it possible to get a full tuition scholarship as a spring transfer

Couse- computer science

Can somebody please help me on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Oriyt1:
let them reason your matter then you will know wassup
LOL, please talk about development. Africa is still in the dark.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ave:
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ibukunoluwa01:
Hello Good evening
I earlier sent a message but got no reply. I would like to transfer to a US varsity come January 2018 cause by then I should have completed 46 credits which qualifies me for a transfer.

So I wanna ask,

Couse- computer science

Your question is vague and lacks reliable information to get helpful responses .

1. Where are you now ? Nigeria or USA
2. What school are you currently . If it's in the USA ? Is it a community college ?

Generally if your school is in the US, they should have a transfer centre that can guide you properly on this matter, they would give you institutions that fits your profile or institutions that have transfer agreements with them. If you are in Nigeria emm I leave that for my oga at the top to answer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gbemisolarh(f): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2017
Back in January this year.... Before I came about this thread, an Agent applied my B1/B2 visitor visa on my behalf which I was denied..

Now I just got admitted into a UNi, now am thinking about applying with my real details now...am scared if that will be a problem

There are the details he filed for me:-
- Am a Marketing Manager at a company, (not true)
- I earn 402k monthly (not true)
- Age 27yrs
- Am engaged (not true)
-Reason for going to the USA is to go visit my aunt for a holiday and also my wedding shopping spree
-I finished schooling 2016 August but the agent didnt use that in my application, he used my
diploma certificate I had back then and because I also went for a year college study at the UK

But despite all this Application was denied

Now I have an admission letter for Spring 2018,

- My school retained me to work for its ICT department cos of outstanding my final result (true)

- Started working there 30days after I got denied at the embassy in January (true)

-Sponsor, my dad (former sponsor on the denial was my uncle) (true)

- do I still have to fill married or not

- should I defer till summer 2018

I know the whole thing is complicated cos am finding it difficult to relate all above information s into one but I know you guys can be of good help to me...

Thanks so much and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2017
Gbemisolarh:
Back in January this year.... Before I came about this thread, an Agent applied my B1/B2 visitor visa on my behalf which I was denied..

Now I just got admitted into a UNi, now am thinking about applying with my real details now...am scared if that will be a problem

- Am a Marketing Manager at a company,
- I earn 402k monthly
- Age 27yrs
- Am engaged
-Reason for going to the USA is to go visit my aunt for a holiday and also my wedding shopping spree
-I finished schooling 2016 August but the agent didnt use that in my application, he used my
diploma certificate I had back then and because I also went for a year college study at the UK

- My school retained me to work for its ICT department cos of outstanding my final result

- Started working there 30days after I got denied at the embassy in January

-Sponsor, my dad (former sponsor on the denial was my uncle)

I know the whole thing is complicated but I know you guys can be of good help to me...

Wow, you earn 402K monthly and still want to travel abroad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
electronic:
Hello House
Any Tips for sleeping in JFK for the Night?
To connect a flight the next day
Good or Bad IDEA?
grin
You are fine. You will see Americans sleeping on the floor in other Terminals too, so no big deal. You can also decide to rest on the seat.There is Wifi you can connect to for about 30mins and it locks you out for sometime, but you can always reconnect again after the lock time expires. Just make sure you bring a 2 mouth charger from Nigeria or else, Boredom will be your companion.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by anuda(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please, someone help me!
I recently renewed my passport and it appears that I cannot input the new passport no. in my profile data page.
Please, how do I update my new passport number in my USA profile data page ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
mantleguy:
Hello gurus,

Can someone get a graduate assistantship in the US with a Nigerian second class lower degree . Is this possible and what could one do to brighten the possibility. Thank you

Very possible, nail you GRE or GMAT and TOEFL and you have a good shot. Materials on GRE, GMAT and TOEFL has been shared on this thread. Check part 11 or better still use this NAIRALAND search on top of the page.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by krissconnect(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
I've bn following secretly and I must comment your inputs so far, I hope to be part of this family and give my testimony too. Pls I'm interested in studying abroad but I'm cut in between the better country; USA or Canada? And pls how do I start my processing? Pls help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Jamezy4u: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Anyone with experience with the issue below should help with idea and tips/info please.

I got my Visa approved early this July, to start the Graduate program in Aug.

I want to differ my study/admission to Spring 2018 because my Company is not granting my study leave application as I have not spent 6months with them as their policy, with this, I would have spent eight (cool months by December 2017 as I joined May 2017.

If I get back to school to send down another I-20 that will reflect the new date,

My Questions now, are;

Ø Will the current Visa be valid for this (I guess yes) or I will need to re-apply?

Ø Will I have issues with Officers at the Point of Entry (PoE) when I travel that January? (one concern)

Ø Will I have challenges when I need to re-new my Visa as it will be less than two years validity when I will be entering US (my major concern)

Kindly advise on the best option and the likely process and steps that will help me in achieving this plan, will be more happy if I can retain this job as I will come back straight after the programme.

Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Babastone:
Please am new to this and I will like to know when the next school session starts? Thanks

August admission for the most part is closed, at least application deadline for most schools. I will advise not to be in a hurry since you said you are new, so you don't make mistakes.
Take your time and soak up all the information you can learn here. Plan for your tests and aim for Spring (January) 2018 or Fall (August) 2018.

best,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
expertman:
hello house i need help i didn't Finished filling my ds 160 only copied my confirmation number and quickly used that in processing my appointment so as to get a good date,

eventually couldn't get a good date so i applied for expedite appointment now it has been approved and appointment date changed.

so i wanted to login back into my ds 160 to get all done but couldn't gain access showing the following :

Surname does not match.
Year of Birth does not match.
The answer for the security question is incorrect.

so i think my best option is filling another ds160 now i cant cancel and rebook appointment as it can only be done twice.

please what can i do so that my appointment confirmation can carry my new DS160 Confirmation number?

i know i can update profile on appointment booking portal but dont know if that will make things work fine.

please help is needed on what to do.

thanks in anticipation

Email the embassy with the complain OR use the NIV thread here in nairaland that is run by VOs to get an advice.

sorry...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
olumide098:

Why are you encouraging cheap ticket bro?

I do not see anything wrong with that... sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponlear(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
towbaynah:

Not very reliable, to be honest. I had to keep calling them again and again to remind them to check on the transcript office at my alma mater. It took about a month before my transcript got to its final destination.
Okay. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jamezy4u:

Anyone with experience with the issue below should help with idea and tips/info please.

I got my Visa approved early this July, to start the Graduate program in Aug.

I want to differ my study/admission to Spring 2018 because my Company is not granting my study leave application as I have not spent 6months with them as their policy, with this, I would have spent eight (cool months by December 2017 as I joined May 2017.

If I get back to school to send down another I-20 that will reflect the new date,

My Questions now, are;

Ø Will the current Visa be valid for this (I guess yes) or I will need to re-apply?

Ø Will I have issues with Officers at the Point of Entry (PoE) when I travel that January? (one concern)

Ø Will I have challenges when I need to re-new my Visa as it will be less than two years validity when I will be entering US (my major concern)

Kindly advise on the best option and the likely process and steps that will help me in achieving this plan, will be more happy if I can retain this job as I will come back straight after the programme.

Thanks so much.
All you need to do is to defer your admission and make sure you get another i20 for spring 2018 in Nov/Dec depending on when your school issue i20 for spring. Just on a side not, the bolded made me laugh, now and 2years time is a long time,things change.. you might get a much better job and I don't think your company is shell,chevron,total and the likes that pay blood money. Because if it were them, I don't believe higher degree is of higher priority than experience in those companies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Gbemisolarh:

- Am a Marketing Manager at a company, (not true)
- I earn 402k monthly (not true)
- Age 27yrs
- Am engaged (not true)

- My school retained me to work for its ICT department cos of outstanding my final result (true)

- Started working there 30days after I got denied at the embassy in January (true)

-Sponsor, my dad (former sponsor on the denial was my uncle) (true)

I know the whole thing is complicated cos am finding it difficult to relate all above information s into one but I know you guys can be of good help to me...

Congrats on your admission. I think I remember your moniker. You're right, this is complicated. But it need not be.

- Can you prove you're going there to study, and nothing else?
- Won't funding be a problem during your study? If yes, can you prove it?
- Is there proof you'll come back after studying? Extra points if you have multiple ties?

If your TRUE story prove those things, you got nothing to worry. Fill in the truth. And no, don't defer. There's plenty of time between now and Jan 2018 to sort your story, and get your visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ability247:

Abuja again. Lagosismyhome will call them world people. My brother nothing is wrong with your responses. Her only issue was with the statement. go to lagos and if possible, add that three of you will be sharing the burden, then get your own personal statement too. You may also get letter from your mum and brother stating that they are willing to sponsor you to any extent you need, and get a lawyer to notarize the letters. This may not be needed and the lagos people may not even ask you of any document, but just in case. You really can't have too much documents.
you guys need to consider that going to lagos may not still change the fact he/she can still get denied i feel the real reason why he was denied had to do with his sponsorship from his uncle in the USA if it was just his mum it shouldn't have drawn so much attention to the VO and for what ever reason that there was an administrative decision they might have the data of why he/she was denied so my advice goo and work on how you can fix your sponsorship details if you don't have it on your I-20 already good luck!

ps all of you that are shouting abuja please leave my abuja alone tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by frankie2K(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
good day house
a friend of mine was delayed today at lagos consulate (8:00) . He was asked why the US and he replied that he wants to go because where he is teaching is sponsoring him. Asked if married and he said yes. Asked if he have travelled before he said No. He has paid another fee and refilled d Ds-160. The problem he encounters is in d booking page, there is no available tab where he can click and schedule a date but when he registered as a new user tuesday date was available and when he tried booking, a reply came that his data matches d data in his other email used to open d previous one. Have anybody encourted this and what is d way forward?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
OGreene:
Abuja again.

My friend went for his interview this morning, he got scholarship from the school and his uncle will foot the rest. He said his uncle is into importation of cars, VO asked which country he imports from, he answered. VO now said he should send his uncle's bill of lading together with the statement of account (my friend was with account statement but they didn't look at it there).

VO gave him a yellow paper. I'm hopeful for him, he will send the docs to the Embassy this afternoon

I will post his full transcript when he sends it to me

hummmm this Abuja again .. although to be fair the embassy should be frequently doing these verification if them serious with their work .

but all this very veri here and there they cause wahala for some of our people

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
electronic:
Hello House
Any Tips for sleeping in JFK for the Night?
To connect a flight the next day
Good or Bad IDEA?
grin

There are tips to sleep again?? grin

You won't be the only one. Once you arrive, get your luggage. It can stay with you, or lodge it in storage for a fee. Next, confirm when your fight would be leaving, to avoid stories. Find a nice beam seat, and answer the call of nature. And if you no wan sleep, there are enough distractions to keep you awake all night. Esp at Kennedy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
krissconnect:
I've bn following secretly and I must comment your inputs so far, I hope to be part of this family and give my testimony too. Pls I'm interested in studying abroad but I'm cut in between the better country; USA or Canada? And pls how do I start my processing? Pls help.

What do you want in a foreign country? As for permanent residency, Canada is becoming more open to foreign nationals, esp with a PhD, than USA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by happyday: 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ibukunoluwa01:
Hello Good evening

So I wanna ask,

Couse- computer science

Anything is possible. Can you put in the work? Transfers are hard, moreso in Spring. Are you undergrad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ibukunoluwa01:
Hello Good evening
So I wanna ask,
Couse- computer science

what is your grade like ? ...........

to find transfer + scholarship + spring = almost impossible except you are an exceptional student

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.