Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations (8192 Views)

Francis Fadahunsi: Sack Hameed Ali Over Fraud, Incompetence / BREAKING: Jubilations At TETFUND As Buhari Fires Executive Secretary / Sadik Adam Resumes As NHIS Acting Executive Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by kudsweet(f): 7:52am On Jul 07, 2017

The Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Usman Yusuf, has been suspended, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, approved the suspension on Thursday with immediate effect, multiple sources familiar with the development informed PREMIUM TIMES Thursday night.

Mr. Yusuf, 54, took over the state-run health insurance provider on July 29, 2016.
But his reign has been fraught with allegations of fraud.
The suspension came weeks after the Senate launched investigations into his activities as the NHIS chief.
The lawmakers accused Mr. Yusuf of “corrupt expenditure of N292 million” which he allegedly spent on health care training “without recourse to any appropriate approving authority.

The NHIS chief has denied any wrongdoing.
Reached for comments about the development, Mr. Yusuf denied he had been suspended, telling PREMIUM TIMES the allegations against him are unfounded.

“Who told you I have been suspended or that I did any sharp practices? The person should come forward with proofs,” he said.

But multiple sources in the NHIS and the Health Ministry confirmed that Mr. Yusuf received his suspension letter Thursday evening.
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, did not immediately respond to requests for comments Thursday night.

Boade Akinola and Odoh Onuh, spokespersons for the Health Ministry and NHIS, both said in separate phone interviews that they weren’t aware of such development before leaving their respective offices on Thursday.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/236111-breaking-executive-secretary-nigerias-nhis-suspended.html
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by phayvoursky(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2017
WOW. FTC FINALLY.

I DEDICATE THIS SPACE TO MY FAMILY, FRIENDS AND ENEMIES. GOD LOVES YOU ALL .

I ALSO USE THIS MEDIUM TO PLEAD TO MY PRAYERFUL NEIGHBOUR, KEEP PRAYING BRO, YOUR PRAYERS KEEP US GOING.

AND TO THOSE GIRLS WHO BROKE MY HEART, I GOT PAST THROUGH THAT PHASE UNSCARTHED. YOU ALL WILL HEAR FROM ME SOON.

I ALSO WANT USE THIS MEDIUM TO BEG ALL SECESSIONISTS, RESTRUCTURING, REFERENDUM PARTIES AND NA OUR OIL PEOPLE TO REASON TOGETHER AS ONE. WE CAN HAVE UNITY EVEN IN DIVERSITY.

I ASLO PRAY GOD HEARS THE PLEAS OF NIGERIANS. WE HAVE TRIED AND WILL CONTINUE TO TRY UNTIL WE HAVE A HEAD WAY.

back to the topic

TIRED OF ALL THESE SUSPENSION AND PROBE. THEY SHOULD ALL BE JAILED.

KIRIKIRI SHOULD NOT BE ONLY FOR THE POOR

2 Likes

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:05am On Jul 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by kolafolabi(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2017
That Scheme needs a serious overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by akilo1: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2017
when senators have been shortchange in any thing they want to make billions from you will hear all this kind of allegation without a concrete evidence,I am not saying Mr yusuf did not steal but we 've bunch of thieves there in the Senate and the ministries ,abeg na when Buhari dey come back?

1 Like

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Marvidris(f): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2017
time up
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
grin cheesy I dedicate dis space to all d beautiful babe on nairaland..

1 Like

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by sunnyside16(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Fraud in every sector of Nigeria.......maybe our capital should have been kwaruption.
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
So sorry
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by quisera(m): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2017
no comment �
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by phayvoursky(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
Ftc at last...... this land is not for sale..[center][/center][right][/right] grin

SO SORRY DEAR. THE RACE IS FOR THE SWIFT
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Bsideboi(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2017
What has happened to BABACHIR LAWAL? The suspended SGF,The grasscutter of the North-East?
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by ItsawrapOutfit: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2017
No today?
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by eluquenson(m): 8:20am On Jul 07, 2017
Are Nigerians the problem of Nigeria?
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Aadeyinka(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2017
kudsweet:

The Executive Secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme, Usman Yusuf, has been suspended, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt.
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, approved the suspension on Thursday with immediate effect, multiple sources familiar with the development informed PREMIUM TIMES Thursday night.

Mr. Yusuf, 54, took over the state-run health insurance provider on July 29, 2016.
But his reign has been fraught with allegations of fraud.
The suspension came weeks after the Senate launched investigations into his activities as the NHIS chief.
The lawmakers accused Mr. Yusuf of “corrupt expenditure of N292 million” which he allegedly spent on health care training “without recourse to any appropriate approving authority.

The NHIS chief has denied any wrongdoing.
Reached for comments about the development, Mr. Yusuf denied he had been suspended, telling PREMIUM TIMES the allegations against him are unfounded.

“Who told you I have been suspended or that I did any sharp practices? The person should come forward with proofs,” he said.

But multiple sources in the NHIS and the Health Ministry confirmed that Mr. Yusuf received his suspension letter Thursday evening.
The Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, did not immediately respond to requests for comments Thursday night.

Boade Akinola and Odoh Onuh, spokespersons for the Health Ministry and NHIS, both said in separate phone interviews that they weren’t aware of such development before leaving their respective offices on Thursday.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/236111-breaking-executive-secretary-nigerias-nhis-suspended.html
Nigeria and fraud is like bread and butter, like 5 and 6 ,always Govt fault bcoz no one has ever been taken too serious or as stape goat, or real jailed

1 Like

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by aolawale025: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
Looters everywhere! By the time this government is probed in 2019, jaws would drop
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Almaheed: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2017
I saw this suspension coming for this guy, after he exposed the HMO fraud in the house of representative probe, he spoke against the injustice committed by health practitioners and now they have him sacked....when would anything work in Nigeria, when those that try to make an impact are ridiculed and disgraced out of office.... tired of corruption in naija we need a revolution.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by ceasare: 9:05am On Jul 07, 2017
Am not surprised at d guys suspension just some few days ago at the house of reps hearing on health
His revelations and stance on d corrupt practices and under hand dealings and the HMO was starling
I guess the forces that be wants to make sure he's out of the way for their choppings to continue!
#prof Yusuf must stay

2 Likes

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by joyAA(f): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2017
As much as I'm in love with this scheme, it is jes not weking rara rara!!
Make them scrap am

The scheme is soooooo dead!

NYSC is even a better fraud beside it!

Naija leaders both appointed and elected ain't s*it lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2017
Up North!
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by donqx: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2017
good
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by joenor(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2017
where is this country going to?
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2017
Almaheed:
I saw this suspension coming for this guy, after he exposed the HMO fraud in the house of representative probe, he spoke against the injustice committed by health practitioners and now they have him sacked....when would anything work in Nigeria, when those that try to make an impact are ridiculed and disgraced out of office.... tired of corruption in naija we need a revolution.

This is very sad. Which Way Nigeria... which way?
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by kuuljay(m): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Almaheed:
well spoken,I knee this guy will not last one month immediately he started exposing the huge corruption in the scheme,mind you this is a guy who had worked for several years in the american health insurance.wahala dey this country

1 Like

Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Perosky4me: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2017
Nigeria is a country blesses by God but some few bad eggs don't wish to see it fly as destined
https:///ALqvOmi69YvDtwj37ZLnej

Join the Mmm group to learn more on how we are helping ourselves
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by jconsulting(f): 10:33am On Jul 07, 2017
I think the water we drink in this country is corruption
Re: Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2017
When will all this be over?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Hears IPOB's Application Against Proscription Today / Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains / Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.