Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains (8198 Views)

The Big Stones Abia Government Is Using In The 'Operation Zero Portholes' (Photo / Stop Using Gender Inequality For Political Gains - Minister To Women / 2019: Prophet Ituen Reveals What Will Happen If Buhari Wins, Warns Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Metrix147: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2022
Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Converting AbiaPoly Loss Of Accreditation Into Political Tool

The government of Abia State has warned people it described as "mushroom political Parties and their infantile Candidates" against converting the recent loss of accreditation of the state-owned tertiary institution, Abia State Polytechnic Aba into a political tool.

The state government denied any infraction on the withdrawal of the accreditation of the Polytechnic by NBTE, saying it has expended billions of Naira since the commencement of the current administration in 2015.

Barr. Eze Chikamnayo, the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy also blamed the ineptitude of past management of the institution for the loss of accreditation.

In a statement on Friday, he said, "Government has been alerted of the unpatriotic activities and attempts by some mushroom political Parties and their infantile Candidates to convert the unfortunate, unwarranted and unprecedented action of the National Board of Technical Education, NBTE against our illustrious Institution, the Abia Polytechnic Aba, into a political instrument and basis for rascalism.

"For the avoidance of doubt, the recent action of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) against Abia State Polytechnic Aba, was not occasioned by Government's inability to fulfil it's financial obligations to the institution but by the dysfunctionality and ineptitude of successive Boards and Managements that have bedeviled Abia Poly.

"Specifically,,between 2015 and now, over a period of about 78 months of the lifespan of Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu's visionary and education-friendly administration, a total of over Seven Billion, one hundred and forty-seven million have been remitted to Abia Poly by Government. This does not include the monies collected as School Fees, Caution Fees, sundry levies and other internal revenue generated by the School and expended without any recourse whatsoever to the State Government .

"Therefore, if the Board and Management of Abia State Polytechnic is owing it's Staff, it is a self inflicted regrettable malaise for which those directly involved must be made to face the unsavoury consequences.

"For bringing this avoidable embarrassment to Abians, Government in addition to approving the immediate dissolution of the Board and Management of Abia Poly will set up a Judicial Panel of Inquiry to unearth the immediate and remote causes of the perennial and intractable challenges of the Institution and bring culprits to justice.

"As a loving and caring Father, His Excellency, Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu has authorised the Secretary to Government to head a high-powered Committee that will interphase with the NBTE and other Stakeholders to ensure that the withdrawn accreditation and normalcy is restored to our much-cherished Institution.

"As for the NBTE, we do not want to believe the widely held opinion that it's unprecedented action against Abia Poly is not only politically induced but targeted against our common good. This is because several institutions of similar composition whose academic activities have been halted by terrorism and salary issues in other parts of the country still have their accreditation intact. Even the ongoing crisis between ASUU and the Federal Government as a result of failure to meet obligations to University Lecturers has not led to the withdrawal of any School's accreditation.
https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-government-warns-politicians-converting-abiapoly-loss-accreditation-political-tool/

2 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Michella25: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
That loss of accreditation is purely good riddance to bad rubbish cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Naijanascam: 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2022
You people should bury your heads in shame for playing politics with it at the first place.......

Pots calling kettle black

Parasites

16 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Toneypen247(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2022
H
Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Blackestjunior(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2022
Say no to APC and Tinubu THE DRUG BARON

Just try and be ObiDIENT

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by begood2GEJ(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2022
See the scorecard of Okezie Ikpeazu's government in the education sector of Abia state

College of Engineering Abia State University....Lost Accreditation

College of Medicine Abia State University.... Lost accredition

Abia State College of Education Technical Arochukwu staff owed 29 months salary.

Doctors under Abia State University Teaching Hospital.....Owed over 24 months salary. The Medical Board has directed them to proceed on strike.

Teachers of Secondary schools in Abia State.....Owed several months salary. They are currently in strike

Pensioners owed over 30 months pension including retired teachers.

Teachers of primary schools in the state....owed several months salary. They are currently on strike

Students of Secondary schools Abia state....could not take the national external examination which all students in Nigeria are taking, like Junior WAEC etc because the teachers are in strike

Abia State Polytechnic.... The National Board on Technical Education just withdrew the accredition of Abia state polytechnic

Lecturers of Abiapoly.....currently owed 36 months salary.

School of Health Technology staff....owed several months salary

Private schools in Abia state..... currently harassed by the Abia state govt with several illegal levies of Emblem fees, Abiapluc fees, etc. Their cases are in court as we speak.

No govt has fatally dealt with the educational sector like this govt. This Govt is the worst in the history of Abia state. We have never had it this bad.
In 2023, the only reasonable thing to do is to reject the PDP and all their candidates. That is the only way to save Abia from this steady decline of the State.
Finally, almost all the primary schools in Aba have been sold and converted into shops.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Snapchat: 6:52am On Jul 23, 2022
The Abia state government is shameless. This is why I’m Obidense and I’ll be voting Pandora as the president of Twitter republic.

10 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Dankovich1: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Okezie Ikpeazu is a digrace to governance and everything good it stands for

11 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Faiththatworks(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Shatap there Mr commissioner for Disinformation and No strategy, the government of Abia state should be thoroughly ashamed of what happened in that polythenic.
It goes to show why Gov lkepeazu is a terrible administrator,an institution was given more than 7 billion in 7 years yet it couldn't pay salaries in 30 months.
The governor is the visitor to the polythenic, he's the one who appointed the rector, he's the one who approved the governing council of the polythenic yet all his appointees were milking the institution and he looked the other way until the school went bankrupt and had to be deleted from list of higher institution in Nigeria.
This is one of the reasons why I keep campaigning for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed to be president of Nigeria,as reported yesterday,like Abia state polythenic,Nigeria is bankrupt,the debt servicing is more than our income.
When they ask us why we believe in Asiwaju, we tell them to look at how he increased the revenue of lagos state from 600million monthly in 1999 to nearly 6 billion naira monthly in 8 years.
Nigeria needs someone who can change our fortunes urgently, definitely not an Atiku whose only obsession is selling government properties,the man has never talked about how to decentralize revenue,empower the states to be active in revenue generation,or even tinker with tax revenue.
For Mr Obi,his obsession of saving money as shown in Anambra state is not what we need now,as shown even in the Bible in the story of Joseph and pharaoh,u only save in times of Abundance,Nigeria is right now scorched with debts and lack,just as a Joseph wasn't needed until a time of Abundance,let Obi wait till Nigeria is prosperous so he can help Nigeria save our excess.
I'm very sure an Asiwaju who could pay local government staffs in Lagos for 3 years despite his allocation being withheld and also pay pensioners when his allocation was almost spilt into half,will definitely be able to rescue Nigeria that's right now at the bottom of the pit.
For the Abia state clowns,let Ikpeazu send his Rector down to Lagos State polythenic for an intern training,maybe he can learn one or 2 things about management of resources and its staff.
Asiwaju for president
God bless Nigeria

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Nikkganc08(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022

A little bit of politics, a little bit of comedy

Here's my story....

Around February 2021, I entered same tricycle (keke) with a pregnant woman.

She was crying profusely while caring a sick child of about 2 years on her laps.

She kept on sobbing and muttering incoherent words till my instincts made me ask her...

Ma..., what's wrong?

That was actually where this whole story started.

She said...

"My son, i'm a receptionist at Abia state polytechnic"

She said she has worked there for over 8 years.

But that in the last 1½ years, they've not been paid any salary.

The husband (a lecturer there ) was sacked recently.

I shouted at her saying...

"Madam, if u r not being paid, why not stop working? "

At that point, the pregnant woman that was previously crying stopped crying ooo.

She started laughing at me.

I felt embarrassed by her laughter.

She now explained to me d reality I still find hard to comprehend.

She said that the authorities actually want staffs to stop coming to work.

The minute u stop coming to work, u get replaced with other persons that are on standby praying to get the job.

Hence, everyone has to show up daily but pray things get better (while things worsen)

Its been over a year since this happened and finally, the news is taking the headlines.

But how can u owe a worker for 3 years, then comfortably sleep at night?

Then still force him/her to come to work daily?

NOTE: Its not just teachers alone. Government nurses are being owed too. In good months, they get part payments (not full salary).

The governor coming up to deny this Is laughable.

Even if u finally get paid, it would be delayed for months.

And stuffs still deducted from it.

I once heard some unconfirmed rumours that the salaries of workers (in it's bulk form) are first deposited in banks for it to accrue interests before they r being withdrawn to pay workers.

Imagine if d salary of all workers in ur state for d month is 1 billion naira, and ur governor puts that money in d bank for a month and gets 1% interest on it.

1% of a billion naira is already 10million naira profit (just for a month).

Why then won't workers be owed for 6 months?

But like I said, its unconfirmed rumors and I wasn't referring to any governor.

Anyway, let's hope that we all would carry these billions in earthly wealth to heaven (or hell) when we die.

Back to the story...

After she narrated her ordeal, my soul was touched .

I wanted to give her a million naira instantly for her child's medical bill but my bank balance said to me....

"Hey son, remember where u r from. You only sell premium softwares like Grammarly, Quillbot, Canva pro, Turnitin, VPN, etc for as low as 3k. And you've been hiding ur contact details in ur Nairaland profile"

That quick reminder made me to put my mouth where my pocket can reach.

I gave her 3k, then bade her goodbye as I alighted at Opobo junction.

May God keep her, provide for her and make her witness the day her salaries would be paid on time.

With God, A better Nigeria is possible.

God bless Governor Okezie Ikpeazu
God bless our President.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless me

9 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Uglybwoi: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
I don't think abia poly is a relevant tool to be used for political gains. Abia state government should focus on making the state better instead of chasing shadows...

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by abumeinben(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Nawa. Why are they worry about their own political own goals? What score card would you want your opposition to use? If they valued education, they wouldn't owe salary of educationists.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by McOluOmo: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Okay!

Next

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Mandate2023: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
South east is a shit hole........nothing good is coming from that end

44 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by unclejb2(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Buhari as much failure as he is performed better than Ikpeazu.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Passionate888: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2022
Failure
Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by okeyumez(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2022
Cursed state with gullible miscreants. Abia people love oppressive leaders. Tinubu and Muslim - Muslim ticket Is their problem. Bunch of hypocrites

6 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Prettylima(f): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Bird of the feather,
Check my signature we produce carton of all kind.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Mindlog: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Rather than addressing why the loss of accreditation, they are directing efforts on comments made by others

"For the avoidance of doubt, the recent action of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) against Abia State Polytechnic Aba, was not occasioned by Government's inability to fulfil it's financial obligations to the institution but by the dysfunctionality and ineptitude of successive Boards and Managements that have bedeviled Abia Poly........In the past 7 years, who appointed the members of the board of the Polytechnic? It clearly shows that Ikpeazu selected charlatans to be in the helm of affairs of the Polytechnic.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by harmargedon: 6:58am On Jul 23, 2022
Blackestjunior:

Just try and be ObiDIENT
Tinubu will be a saint if Atiku becomes president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by naikeboy(m): 7:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Mumu okezie ikpeazu see grammar talk day here...

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by PeterObi4LP: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Metrix147:

https://abntv.com.ng/news/abia-government-warns-politicians-converting-abiapoly-loss-accreditation-political-tool/

I keep saying that Abia State is a caused state, undevelopment, use.less with a fat big as governor while using the state resource to service TA Orji.

Very very use.less state

3 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by Blackestjunior(m): 7:01am On Jul 23, 2022
harmargedon:
Tinubu will be a saint if Atiku becomes president.

Avoid Both
Even OBJ testified about Atiku he his not trustworthy
Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by pek(m): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2022
How will I take you serious if you don't know the difference between its and it's.
Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by MuslimIgbo: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2022
Abia the blessed eastern state

The state is so blessed with very corrupt politicians and GOVERNOR.

VERY UNFORTUNATELY BLESSED STATE

YET, the few people that manage to escape to Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun and Kano will be forming DEVELOPERS grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by dmostcheerful(f): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2022
You are insane Ikpeazu, how can you owe people 30months salary, in this time and age in Nigeria?
Asin 2yrs and 6months salary, don't you fear God?
People with family, mouth to feed, why won't there be incessant criminality in the school?
Lecturer exploiting there student, stealing and even death from heartbreak.
You are very heartless, may God judge you and render your generations to come useless as you rendered others.
Mtcheeew, let it even be political, Abia need a change of government to end God fatherism.
Heartless coursed entity.
This is painful cause am alumni of Abia poly and to make matters worst am yet to serve.
I am seriously disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by muykem: 7:10am On Jul 23, 2022
They have nothing to fear. Just blame Buhari and Tinubu and find a litter of kerosene to each household, don't forget to say Obidients movement is gaining momentum. Igbo youth will sing your praises.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains by MuslimIgbo: 7:11am On Jul 23, 2022
Blackestjunior:

Just try and be ObiDIENT
Nwokem.
We don't want these type of people to rule Nigeria.
SE has the worst people in government
SE is the LEAST developed region of the country
SE has the poorest infrastructures
SE people are the most nomadic because our region is not conducive and homey for us to stay.

I and all my Igbo Muslim brothers will definitely vote for JAGABAN!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$2.1B Arms Scandal: APC AKIDA Petitions Tinubu, Calls For Sack Of Matawalle / Why Is Jonathan Receiving More Insults Than Yar'adua And Obasanjo Combined Together? / Just In: Kaduna Lawmakers Elect New Deputy Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.