Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (86032 Views)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by legalwealth(m): 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
Tot as much...Cars were still very much cheap then...Yours should be a V6 machine. I4 is d best for first timers ooo...V6, V8 etc are for pro...but if ones sees a good I4 with turbo...Omo, na d best!

Ha! It is V4... V6 is serious maintenance and it is not good for first timer.

Infact! I ran like Usain bolt whenever I saw the gold coloured ones that I love which I was seeing them to be V6.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by moscobabs(m): 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
Hi all... it no more a fable that young stars grow day by day as the dream of driving or owing a car fills their mind. However, most people make mistakes of choosing the wrong choices when it comes to owing their first car. Imagine a young graduate with a monthly income of 50k buying a Mercedes Benz, Volvo or Quest. I'm sure you know the implications already.

The thread is created as an eye opener for newbies and to as well discuss cars that are durable for these species.

I will list some cars here while Auto gurus can say what their experiences are as regards this cars... Golf 3, Golf 4, vento, Jetta, Toyota Corolla '99/'00, Micro, Nissan Primera, Nissan Almeria, Peugeot 206, 207, 306 and 307, Sunny Nissan, Nissan Micra, Audi, Mazda 323, 626 and Camry '99. One can get all these cars(TOKs) for 1m or less. Now let's give our opinions on them. Thanks!

Op I beg wetin hapun to we wey dey use Nissan quest?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by teevodaprinz(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
buhari or indiamie,I can't buy a 18yrs old car for 800k not to talk of 1m sef,even if it will take 3yrs for dollar to fall I will wait,my fore fathers didn't die of using legedis Benz wen most of dem trekked to mecca and Lagos not to talk of now wen we have public transport. to earn 10naira in 9ja isn't easy o.call me akagum if u like.

Tell them... As in, let them know
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by osazsky(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
fasterwell:
Op

Get it here directly

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/mazda-premacy-2-0-active-gasoline-green-d22bda52-fbfb-0615-e053-e350040aa22b?cldtidx=16

With less than 700k wat of cost of shipping it into nig

More cheap European used cars

https://www.autoscout24.com/results?atype=C&mmvmk0=46&fregfrom=2002&ustate=N%2CU&ipc=home%3Asearchbox&ipl=button&zipr=200&mmvco=1
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by osazsky(m): 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
fasterwell:
Op

Get it here directly

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/mazda-premacy-2-0-active-gasoline-green-d22bda52-fbfb-0615-e053-e350040aa22b?cldtidx=16

With less than 700k
wat of cost of shipping it into nig

More cheap European used cars

https://www.autoscout24.com/results?atype=C&mmvmk0=46&fregfrom=2002&ustate=N%2CU&ipc=home%3Asearchbox&ipl=button&zipr=200&mmvco=1
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by laladre: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
nams77:

Op pls come and tell me which model of Volvo was a money pit. In retrospect, the Benz I used didn't even burn a hole in my pocket. Apart from routine servicing and a bad fuel pump( which was my fault anyway) every others expenses were by choice and not necessity. By the way, it was a 190

God bless you jare my broda, i guess OP does not really understand himself... he's just a learner.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
valarinz:

So,this is it, just cos u want to come to NL and sell cheap Volkswagen cars from Germany, you feel the best marketing strategy is to start talking down on all other brands ?

Is that it?

I thought you bade farewell yesterday. You're here again to ferment troubles...this time, i won't be only one to lynch you out but those who this thread has benefitted in just few days...If only you can be wise enough to read more before commenting...you would see i'm not yet a dealer but was only trying to help the chap...wisen up pls! No time for irrelevant talks...this is 21st century! Nigeria with non-pro Nigerians...It always baffles me how this country can progress with people like you.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
legalwealth:

Ha! It is V4... V6 is serious maintenance and it is not good for first timer.

Infact! I ran like Usain bolt whenever I saw the gold coloured ones that I love which I was seeing them to be V6.
Lol...The review of those using it makes it seem cool tho'
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
moscobabs:

Op I beg wetin hapun to we wey dey use Nissan quest?
Nissan Quest!!! Nah...hell no, had a terrible experience with it. Those i know using always complain about it, you see it in mechanic shops always packed. I guess you people are OYO...Nissan Quest na ride? lol
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by laladre: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
Stop trying hard to have problem with my post. If purchasing a Volvo or Benz isn't a money hole... the maintenance could be. Leaving cost of parts aside, are you trying to say the fuel u burn for 1hr trip with your Benz 190 is also what a newbie with Golf 3 or 4 will burn. I use a Golf 4...My pastor uses a Volvo... Anywhere I go with 5 ltrs, he goes there with 10 ltrs... So I know what I'm saying. I love Volvo(S 40,60) and Benz... As a matter of fact, I'm planning to buy my cousin's Benz C230 Kompressor if he hasn't sold it b4 Dec. He doesn't spend on it plus it's a V4 with Turbo(gives me what a V6 would do on d highway with less less fuel usage). Try and advise your younger bro getting his first ride to get that Old Volvo or Benz 190 and see how much of a blessing you'll be to him. Always read posts to fathom b4 comment.

My broda from your comment i can sense you don't know much about Benz, well i guess even a new born baby knows that Benz can never be compared to any other brand of vehicle, but i can tell you categorically that if you change your Benz( 190 or Vboot) from Injector to Carberator, it will consume less fuel just like Toyota, its from experience, Toyota's fuel consumption can never be compared to Nissan or Mazda, it all depends on the capacity of your engine... so my broda no be fight.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by legalwealth(m): 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
Lol...The review of those using it makes it seem cool tho'

Whatelse more than speed and ability to pick on time?

It is enjoyable only when it is running smooth but let it develops critical fault, that is when they will start grumbling.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by partnerbiz4: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Timbuktu14:
Nissan Almera is actually very good to start with - the post millenium model especially. Good fuel economy, cheap parts. And, you can get 'em cheap for as low as 800k. Look away from the internet prices, they are actually cheaper than the prices you see.

Mazda 3 is another option for a starter.

Which model was in that pic pls?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
laladre:

My broda from your comment i can sense you don't know much about Benz, well i guess even a new born baby knows that Benz can never be compared to any other brand of vehicle, but i can tell you categorically that if you change your Benz( 190 or Vboot) from Injector to Carberator, it will consume less fuel just like Toyota, its from experience, Toyota's fuel consumption can never be compared to Nissan or Mazda, it all depends on the capacity of your engine... so my broda no be fight.
Are u now telling me that Benz 190 or Vboot is good a newbie...even in this stage? Those rides are old man...How many of them do u see on Nigerians roads again...The old men using them self are selling them out cheaply...Come here to comment based on what you see(Topic). Bless!
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
I thought you bade farewell yesterday. You're here again to ferment troubles...this time, i won't be only one to lynch you out but those who this thread has benefitted in just few days...If only you can be wise enough to read more before commenting...you would see i'm not yet a dealer but was only trying to help the chap...wisen up pls! No time for irrelevant talks...this is 21st century! Nigeria with non-pro Nigerians...It always baffles me how this country can progress with people like you.

Your business strategy is just terrible, you shoildve just gone straight to your biz, and for you to assume I'm scared of "lynching", you must also be a kid too

FYI, you're just a bunch of people typing on your keyboards, how does that affect me?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
legalwealth:

Whatelse more than speed and ability to pick on time?

It is enjoyable only when it is running smooth but let it develops critical fault, that is when they will start grumbling.
lol...how about those V8, V12 with turbo n twin/bi turbo...used any b4? How do they drive like?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by laladre: 11:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:

My guy you don take dis matter personal but tk be realistic, na by force to post rubbish like dis, dis na matter wey every know, no be by force to dey advice people, guy you need to calm down and seriously reason before you post anything you wanna post.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2017
valarinz:

Your business strategy is just terrible, you shoildve just gone straight to your biz, and for you to assume I'm scared of "lynching", you must also be a kid too

FYI, you're just a bunch of people typing on your keyboards, how does that affect me?
This guy has a huge problem...The Lord is your strength. Peace!
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
laladre:

My guy you don take dis matter personal but tk be realistic, na by force to post rubbish like dis, dis na matter wey every know, no be by force to dey advice people, guy you need to calm down and seriously reason before you post anything you wanna post.
Abeg...leave the chap alone jor...he has issues. He's been on my thread since yesterday with no meaningful contribution. Didnt know he would be back self. Yes...to u...reply my submission as regards your earlier post.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by laladre: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
Are u now telling me that Benz 190 or Vboot is good a newbie...even in this stage? Those rides are old man...How many of them do u see on Nigerians roads again...The old men using them self are selling them out cheaply...Come here to comment based on what you see(Topic). Bless!

OGA you should have said they don't use it in your area, i guess you're just growing and probably have not been outside your area/state before, maybe one of dis days visit the east to
see for yourself, OGA you're not in your right senses cos if you are ,you should know that no newbie will go for any Benz product even Golf 3 or 4, Golf 4 is even a big problem, do you know that there are some issues with Golf 4 that is worse than fuel consumption, Young man like i said earlier its not by force to post o... do your research well.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
teevodaprinz:

Tell them... As in, let them know
What you people dont know is that duty started increasing b4 Gej left...why it became worse with Buhari is the increased exchange rate. Have you asked yourself some questions about the possibilities of it being reduced even if Buhari leaves and some1 else comes...Better buy now...lol. Who knows it might even be more expensive. This is Nigeria ooo.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
laladre:

OGA you should have said they don't use it in your area, i guess you're just growing and probably have not been outside your area/state before, maybe one of dis days visit the east to
see for yourself, OGA you're not in your right senses cos if you are ,you should know that no newbie will go for any Benz product even Golf 3 or 4, Golf 4 is even a big problem, do you know that there are some issues with Golf 4 that is worse than fuel consumption, Young man like i said earlier its not by force to post o... do your research well.
This your post just gave an impression of how mundane and shallow you are. No newbie goes for any benz product has contradicted your afore postulations...If a newbie doesn't drive Golf 3, 4...who then uses or drives it...? a pro? You must be high on some Nnamdi Kanu's weed. You dont know nadah about Golf 4...If you do...which model have u used, driven or enteres b4 FYI, i have been using a Golf for good 5 years now with no hassle whatever. Infact...being my first, i wasnt even perfect with usage and maintenance as i was still in school then. It served greatly...! What do you know about newbie and Golf 4
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Damolux01:
This guy has a huge problem...The Lord is your strength. Peace!

Lol, so you're running to the "Lord" now for help abi, perhaps he'll also join in "lynching" me?

No worry, I'll stop now cos I believe you've learned your lesson by now, good luck with your sales too, bye
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
valarinz:

Lol, so you're running to the "Lord" now for help abi, perhaps he'll also join in "lynching" me?

No worry, I'll stop now cos I believe you've learned your lesson by now, good luck with your sales too, bye
I'll be expecting you tomorrow again...Baba! You get issues...believe me. What lesson is there to learn? Better don't teach your kids any of these unruly lessons of urs. We want Nigeria to be better with those coming generations...Don't make it worse.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by legalwealth(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
lol...how about those V8, V12 with turbo n twin/bi turbo...used any b4? How do they drive like?

They are all have their utmost benefits but I won't advise first timers to go for them except they
have urge money to be able to take care of anything that comes up.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 12:05am On Jul 11, 2017
legalwealth:

They are all have their utmost benefits but I won't advise first timers to go for them except they
have urge money to be able to take care of anything that comes up.
Just wanted to know if you've had any experience with them. A first timer that goes for those one is definitely on his own.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by eddyline(m): 12:07am On Jul 11, 2017
nams77:

Op pls come and tell me which model of Volvo was a money pit. In retrospect, the Benz I used didn't even burn a hole in my pocket. Apart from routine servicing and a bad fuel pump( which was my fault anyway) every others expenses were by choice and not necessity. By the way, it was a 190
how was the bad fuel pump a fault of yours?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:12am On Jul 11, 2017
unitedsurv:

but seriously I and a friend was talking about it two days back how would I get a 1999/2000 car for 800- 1m while in Australia camry 99 is 1200aud = 250k or less but in Nigeria 800k to even 2m twufiakwa it's just so bad.......so how much should we now be buying 2010 models
bros d tin tire me. our dealers are looking for d slightest way to rip us off.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by legalwealth(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Just wanted to know if you've had any experience with them. A first timer that goes for those one is definitely on his own.

No experience at all! !!
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 12:19am On Jul 11, 2017
legalwealth:

No experience at all! !!
ok
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 12:21am On Jul 11, 2017
urvillagepeoplee:
bros d tin tire me. our dealers are looking for d slightest way to rip us off.
Bro...blame it on the Govt that incrrased duty...not dealers pls.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:23am On Jul 11, 2017
obataokenwa:
To be sincere with you, you won't be chosen as a change agent even by God. You think down on yourself and God and man hates such thought of stagnation. You will wait till dollar fall before you add value to your lifespan. Bro, this life is once and who knows you may just gather those money for those that know the value. Think prosperity. People are thinking of changing cars even in this hard economy as u assume and you're waiting to buy the scrab we will drive remain for you to buy. it's your choice sha. goodluck
I never stated in my post that I was going to buy 1999 Camry,I said I will wait for dollar to fall b4 getting a car. what I am looking at is a 2008 muscle and d price now is about 2.8 to 3.2 if not more,as at 2014 to early 2015,that amount could get me a clean 9ja used venza. bro buying a car that suit my taste for my targeted price at my suppose right time ain't stagnation, different strokes for different folks,I got a pregnant wife to care for and other financial responsibilities I haven't faced b4 as its our first baby and same time,expanding my business. i just calculated how I think things will work out fine for me in this hard economy of ours. #peace
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by urvillagepeoplee(m): 12:31am On Jul 11, 2017
Damolux01:
Bro...blame it on the Govt that incrrased duty...not dealers pls.
its both govt and dealers,some dealers buy salvage/flooded cars,refurbish them and sell them as toks on a high price,isn't that rip off?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.