Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today (31900 Views)

Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience / Yahoo Boy With Police Plate Number On His Benz Gets Arrested / My Encounter With Sars Officers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by kings09(m): 6:36am On Jul 08, 2017
Tweet d Nigerian police abt dis n lets see how dis turns out
timidapsin:
Dear Nigerian police, 500k to bail my self? (what a funny encounter today!)
Based on the 777, Edo police took it upon themselves to make some cool cash, knowing fully well people would send location messages to friends about the event...

Before i go on: "I would be happy, if federal government could tutor old and incoming police about what INTERNET / Online business is" it will save the stupidity many are putting on themselves.

To save your stress in this life: Let your sent messages, received, draft be always at zero, anything is an offense to SARs i swear.
i showed them ID no way, i showed them my Cooperate Acc Cheque, they claim almost every G boys now have cooperate Acc / Dorm account, i should show them real facts.

They made me pull of my shirt (chai) searched my body for any marks, checked my thumbs if it has been manipulated, several useless cheques
i told them Google adsense is one of the source, they said anything relating to online is CYBER CRIME, i try to explain that its when its being used fraudulently they say NO, as far as i goto Google and search who to defraud, immediately i fainted in spirit..

They saw Bank transactions and flared up, i begged them to give me access to my phone they ignore, they read my SMS one by one till ending..
When i knew they were blatant illiterates is when: The started checking my Facebook Timeline/wall from their phone with the name found on my ID and said why would i have so much comments on my posts, that i am fraudulent.. i totally stopped talking cos i couldn't convince them anymore, it seems all they want is money.

They saw a comment from one Icekid Dah saying "OMG", they said it means "O mi Gongo", that am a "Marphites", they saw another comment of "mmm", they said its MMM that am using MMM to defraud people.

i was boiling inside mehn, that kind thing, totally restricted to make calls or prove a point..
One said if i am making money online i should give them Adsense number so they can call and confirm (i just weak!)
They said if i cant provide details of people i claim pays me, then am literally doing it illegal, How the they get my account details to always pay me, No way to further explain cos i was not with a browsing phone and it seems they do not even know what E-Mail means...

After few hours with them, i had to reason along the money side, but before then..
Who say police/SARs are not making money? it is one of the lucrative jobs right now, i saw over 100 brown envelopes pilled in with money in accordance to several office with names on each, right before my eyes people where paying 100k, 50k etc just to free themselves (would i challenged them? i was just looking, trying to prove my point because 500k is so ridiculous)

When i discovered i was the only one left and the other idiot was writing a Detention Order (he wrote DENETION instead Lol)
Should i price 500k? i dey mad, even if am worth more i rather sleep in cell than lavish money, i decided to start begging, they where now happy, then said this is what i should have been doing instead of quoting laws (if i hear u say Nigeria have any laws eehn, we have broken our ten commandments)...
"With Pain", i brought out 5k and said Sir please manage it its for you all, the bargain started, they claimed commissioner knows about my case, becos the scene i created was too large that if not 400k am sleeping cell, after much much, as an Igbo boy, i still gave them the 5k, we all became friends gave them few recharge cards, and they are inviting me over..

These are the Tips they gave me, as am now their younger brother:

Now: are these the police that claims to be our friends? so no young man is free? even if not, atleast given a benefit of explanation..
They keep shouting "Oboy say the truth, U dey press, abi you no know say na we first start cultism and yahoo for this benin" - Why do not arrest yourselves instead?

Today, i became tired of Nigeria, i wept for my dear Nation, all those patrol agents all they do is catch get undocumented bail to enrich their pockets..
We are now friends tho, but if i have spiritual powers, i would just wipe out all the officers in that office tonight (God answer this prayer) LOL...

Fidelis Ozuawala

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by berryice(f): 6:53am On Jul 08, 2017
I hate dem so much...datz how one SARS collected my num..i rilly gave him cos he insisted,i just saved his num as Never to pick..when my gone rings nd I see never to pick...I just allow d fone ring till he got frustrated nd stopped calling...dey re so useless..all dose their #20 dey collect Nai e wan tk collect num *rubbish*

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by dfrost: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2017
Paulismech:
Pls is there anyone in d house to help me solve this?

Are you a teacher?
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by 9jatatafo(m): 6:58am On Jul 08, 2017
Why won't SARs and Naija askari misdo things when some don't even have common WAEC? Bunch of thieving policemen

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by phenol33(m): 7:00am On Jul 08, 2017
u er corrupt for paying the money. why not tell them to take the matter to court
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by kindredspirit(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2017
timidapsin:
Based on the 777, Edo police took it upon themselves to make some cool cash, knowing fully well people would send location messages to friends about the event...

You summarised the cause of your ordeal with the above quote. On 777, yesterday, the Black A.xe Confrat celebrate their anniversary worldwide and since Benin City is HQ, there are lots of activities in the town.

Now, everybody knows that there are plenty of "Yahoo Boys" in the Black A.xe living in Benin City. Like you said yourself, the SARS men simply cashed in on the occasion to make some illegal money off these Black A.xe boys. Sadly, some innocent A.xe men had to suffer for it also.

Chances are that they discovered that you're a Black A.xe member and concluded that you could be a fraudster and weren't going to let you off without milking some money off you despite your showing them that you were a honest, self-employed young man.

The lenght at which Policemen go to illegally obtain money from people who have something shady in their closet can not be underestimated. In your case for example, they rightly sensed your affiliation / membership of the Black A.xe confrat on a day that the Confrat members celebrate and they took advantage of it.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Gkay1(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2017
it is well
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Atonto: 7:09am On Jul 08, 2017
Guy,..having a dom account is illegal by Nigeria Police, if you have friends or relative overseas that u chat with..u are in soup... you are a fraudster..God help us

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by AremoDvibes(m): 7:10am On Jul 08, 2017
timidapsin:

Before i go on: "I would be happy, if federal government could tutor old and incoming police about what INTERNET / Online business is" it will save the stupidity many are putting on themselves.

To save your stress in this life: Let your sent messages, received, draft be always at zero, anything is an offense to SARs i swear.
i showed them ID no way, i showed them my Cooperate Acc Cheque, they claim almost every G boys now have cooperate Acc / Dorm account, i should show them real facts.

They made me pull of my shirt (chai) searched my body for any marks, checked my thumbs if it has been manipulated, several useless cheques
i told them Google adsense is one of the source, they said anything relating to online is CYBER CRIME, i try to explain that its when its being used fraudulently they say NO, as far as i goto Google and search who to defraud, immediately i fainted in spirit..

They saw Bank transactions and flared up, i begged them to give me access to my phone they ignore, they read my SMS one by one till ending..
When i knew they were blatant illiterates is when: The started checking my Facebook Timeline/wall from their phone with the name found on my ID and said why would i have so much comments on my posts, that i am fraudulent.. i totally stopped talking cos i couldn't convince them anymore, it seems all they want is money.

They saw a comment from one Icekid Dah saying "OMG", they said it means "O mi Gongo", that am a "Marphites", they saw another comment of "mmm", they said its MMM that am using MMM to defraud people.

i was boiling inside mehn, that kind thing, totally restricted to make calls or prove a point..
One said if i am making money online i should give them Adsense number so they can call and confirm (i just weak!)
They said if i cant provide details of people i claim pays me, then am literally doing it illegal, How the they get my account details to always pay me, No way to further explain cos i was not with a browsing phone and it seems they do not even know what E-Mail means...

After few hours with them, i had to reason along the money side, but before then..
Who say police/SARs are not making money? it is one of the lucrative jobs right now, i saw over 100 brown envelopes pilled in with money in accordance to several office with names on each, right before my eyes people where paying 100k, 50k etc just to free themselves (would i challenged them? i was just looking, trying to prove my point because 500k is so ridiculous)

When i discovered i was the only one left and the other idiot was writing a Detention Order (he wrote DENETION instead Lol)
Should i price 500k? i dey mad, even if am worth more i rather sleep in cell than lavish money, i decided to start begging, they where now happy, then said this is what i should have been doing instead of quoting laws (if i hear u say Nigeria have any laws eehn, we have broken our ten commandments)...
"With Pain", i brought out 5k and said Sir please manage it its for you all, the bargain started, they claimed commissioner knows about my case, becos the scene i created was too large that if not 400k am sleeping cell, after much much, as an Igbo boy, i still gave them the 5k, we all became friends gave them few recharge cards, and they are inviting me over..

Now: are these the police that claims to be our friends? so no young man is free? even if not, atleast given a benefit of explanation..
They keep shouting "Oboy say the truth, U dey press, abi you no know say na we first start cultism and yahoo for this benin" - Why do not arrest yourselves instead?

Today, i became tired of Nigeria, i wept for my dear Nation, all those patrol agents all they do is catch get undocumented bail to enrich their pockets..
We are now friends tho, but if i have spiritual powers, i would just wipe out all the officers in that office tonight (God answer this prayer) LOL...

Fidelis Ozuawala

That is how I was also stopped on my way to Ilorin n I was handcuffed while sitting in their van. I was so harassed that day, but I made sure I paid no penny to no fucking SARS... God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by maasoap(m): 7:11am On Jul 08, 2017
skyoboy:
Nigeria is becoming something else. Imagine is it a crime for a young man to drive a good car and have a Fat account balance? These SARS people are crossing their bounds. They can even kill you if you don't bribe them and claim you are an Armed Robber.
Nigeria has been like this for many years years. The new thing here is that @op just became a victim.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by onyxo76(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Look well shaven , tuck in your shirt , and wear your sandals, carry one big bible and have some tracts , SARS no fit ever stop you.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by millhouse: 7:16am On Jul 08, 2017
When u have people that are frustrated, tried going abroad but no way, looked for job but no way, some even gone into crime and caught, then All of a sudden a relation somewhere assist them with connection to join the police force as a job for them this is obviously the end point. Miscreants in the police force.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Olaskybab: 7:18am On Jul 08, 2017
flexshop:
My friend sold his car to someone.
The person had not completed the change of ownership before he was intercepted by the police. The claimed it was a stolen vehicle.

Told him to bring the owner. The guy called my friend and he went to the station as it was his name still on the papers to clear it up with then that he sold the vehicle and they should release the car to the guy. Na so the CID fools turn say that the vehicle was reported stolen and that the would detain my friend unless he bail himself with 30k. We all thought they were joking till dey ducked my guy behind counter.

Luckily I had 5k and we ran around for anoda 5k to bail the guy for just coming to sort out a misunderstanding with the police.

The difference between police and thief na say one wear uniform dey receive salary, the other na unofficial
Dz is riduculously funny
May God help dz country...

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by zeedof(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2017
They only transfer aggression over you bro. They just paid them and some haven't got alert yet also some have already taken huge loan so they ain't expecting money.

You don't know your way to too that's why. The most easiest force is police

Take this guide if you are clean or already perfect yourself or phone

Stop if they stop you,

If it's just road checking great them normal and cracks joke like oga officer Uba Weldon ooo

If they block you on motion wrongly immediately you drop rake for them small because they have gun and most of them are frustrated

If they ask for your paper give them

Your work give them id

If they don't know tell them you don't expect them to know all because they ain't God

If they term you as g boy, quietly tell the office is an insult to you if he doesn't take that back his gonna regret it

Before they talk to much as for team leader and if team leader thinking like them quickly tell them you will like you go to station with them that's where you can explain your self. Bro they will let you go if they don't go to station and get a paper to write a statement put all the harassment in detail and ask for you leave if they don't tell them you want to speak with your lawyer.... They will beg you last.....

A police stopped me and asked for my phone. I gave it to him and he said what's is my password, I laugh and say to him, I only gave you the phone to check if someone is missing, also respect you being NPF not because of you. And now if you want to access the phone then you and I will o to your station and write and agreement that you want to access my phone and you bear whatever goes wrong because I work in bank and the access code I used in saved on my phone. They will leave you bro. When matter goes out of hand even the CP will beg you....

Hmmmmm

Me get 7 qualified lawyer in my family oooo so no go mess up

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Mpanyi: 7:37am On Jul 08, 2017
And they had to arrest Evans, leaving themselves? What an injustice!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2017
MirJay:
undecided... To all the SARS and Police people that are involved in this criminal activities, below are my statements and declarations for your lives;

1. May you die prematurely
2. May you rot before you die
3. May illiteracy run severely all through your generation.
4. May you all go Impotents.

Kindly say Amen.
Thunder fire all of una.
Bros if they go impotent, how do you want illiteracy to run in their generation.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:45am On Jul 08, 2017
Randyhot:
That is more reason Nigeria has to be restructured..each state have and manage his own police..the present Nigeria police is overloaded and crowded with illiterates and unprofessional officers, courtesy of quota system and nepotism.

What makes you feel state police won't be worse.
It's a mentality thing, look at the FRSC, they are worse, look at the NSCDC they are better.

What we need is a better mental orientation in state owned institutions.
We also need law enforcement agencies monitored by civilians as done in advanced countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Farouksenior: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2017
Benin. Choi..

If you carry laptop bag dey form boss for ring road.

Hand go touch you. ;DD
You go pay for wetin you no sabi. grin

Those fkkers catch us for estate gate. Haba na crime for four boys to deg inside car?
Na so dem come house RAMbo style.

Guy 1 . cs student b.I.u - 2 laptops , and 1 spoilt one
Me uniben .- 1 laptop 1 spoilt one.
Guy 2. Biu - 1. Laptop 1 printer.

Na so them shout say na HQ of pressing be dis.

All the school ID we show ,d school project ,dem shout no level !!

Them no send.

Finally we had to free ourselves wit 10k.

After going to office.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 08, 2017
legalwealth:

I feel your pain but you people should as well always dress up and look like a responsible person.

Most of those young guys that are into the so-called online business dress and live like yahoo guys. Now tell me the reasons they won't be taken as one even if they are not?

kollyp2000:
You fit their profile. Simple... Police are not dunce. U better prove yourself beyond reasonable doubt or you will be bundled with armed robber. I guess you escaped that's why you have time to send on nairaland

Reference:
Oga. Go get a proper, practical, productive skill. That is what I advice all and sundry I meet for all sorts of reasons including this. With a skill comes an address. With an address comes witnesses in the form of clients and customers. You cannot go wrong with this even if you do 'online' by the side. You and the country in general will be better off. The whole ambit of cybercrime is to stay ahead of the knowledge curve. You know it, the police knows it and they capitalise on the knowledge deficit to extort. It is just in your interest to simplify your life by having an angle they can relate with. Add a proper, practical, physical, productive platform to your portfolio.

What a load of crap!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Prece(m): 7:53am On Jul 08, 2017
Nigeria Police and SARS are not worth it and I hope someday citizens starts to kill them buy their own hand.No freedom to dress well,you can't use a good phone or car.them go call you yahoo buy,if you Re using iPhone here ,there is no solution than to pay because them bliv only yahoo boy use iPhone.Make citizens just protest against those bastards.
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by amoduganja: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2017
berryice:
I hate dem so much...datz how one SARS collected my num..i rilly gave him cos he insisted,i just saved his num as Never to pick..when my gone rings nd I see never to pick...I just allow d fone ring till he got frustrated nd stopped calling...dey re so useless..all dose their #20 dey collect Nai e wan tk collect num *rubbish*

Imagine...when you no be Olosho they still want collect number.
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by kinzation(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2017
LannisterIMP:

Sorry man..... if you see this people in action you will weep for Nigeria. I told them I deal with bitcoins they wey disoriented. The asked to go search my house to that extent. This people are just glorified ConMen in Uniform now armed with AKs.

Something it will be a while before anything can be done because Nigeria don't have an law prohibiting this.

They stand at MotoPark b/stops now In Ibadan OYO state and fleece unknowing travellers coming out of the park I Need oyo state. We should just pray some people with reason one nigeria are reading this.

#sayNoToMumuPilocemen
baba you're right especially in ibadan.. them full everywhere like water...was stopped and searched at dugbe close to shoprite they said I had too much emails on my phone of non Nigerian names..told them I just bought the phone on olx them say where the receipt.. na 5k I take bail myself

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Godson201333(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Back home then...I experienced this same issue...All lagosian can relate to this...Once you carry backpack you are in trouble...

The issue is that Nigeria is a country with no law...Your phone is your privacy and no police officer have the right to do that ...

But you know what ?? don't blame them,Africa police officers can only detect crime through manual ways,Like checking your phone,laptop and Why do u drive big car and many more ....,in western world,they do not need to check your phone before tracking you down ...Ask Dammy Krane.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by wale377(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2017
timidapsin:

Fidelis Ozuawala

do dey allow you make call when apprehended
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Sonoyom(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2017
Nigeria Police self

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Hoduwahishape: 8:26am On Jul 08, 2017
Isn't it about time we had a protest?
This thing is getting out of hand!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Hoduwahishape: 8:28am On Jul 08, 2017
wale377:
do dey allow you make call when apprehended
I guess u are not based in Nigeria, else you'd know they don't.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by rockyh(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2017
prahcetomi:
500k for bail...?Those guys were probably high. grin
i know a guy who paid 300k

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by Hoduwahishape: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2017
Godson201333:
Back home then...I experienced this same issue...All lagosian can relate to this...Once you carry backpack you are in trouble...

The issue is that Nigeria is a country with no law...Your phone is your privacy and no police officer have the right to do that ...

But you know what ?? don't blame them,Africa police officers can only detect crime through manual ways,Like checking your phone,laptop and Why do u drive big car and many more ....,in western world,they do not need to check your phone before tracking you down ...Ask Dammy Krane.

Oh shut up your dimwit , we get it yo are abroad, however you still think like a villager.
Abroad they monitor citizens Internet activities via sniffing through isp's traffic, and even with concrete evidence they will still wait until they have concluded investigation and have a search warrant before violating any body's privacy.
Dammy Krane got reported by the credit card / airline company.
Re: Nairalander's Experience With Police/sarz Officers Today by bareal(m): 8:40am On Jul 08, 2017
timidapsin:

Fidelis Ozuawala

OP, did I hear you say you are now friends with Nigerian police? SARS for that matter? Please, I am on my kneels, tears in my eyes, calling on God on your behalf to forgive you and give you the fortitude to bear the irreparable damage they are about to unleash on you because I know you don't know what you are doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Tries To Plant Weed In A Car In Port-Harcourt. Gets Caught. Photos / Missing Person In Portharcourt: Progress Musa Fua / Fulani Herdsmen Attack, Rob Passengers On Benin-lagos Expressway (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.