Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,681 members, 7,858,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. (4124 Views)

Why All Atheists Must Change Their Minds Before It Is Too Late / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists . / All Atheists, Fall In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by blueAgent(m): 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
CoolUsername:
Fallacy after fallacy.

We currently don't know how DNA originated; therefore God.

Where then does this God come from? The logic behind this flawed argument is that complexity requires a creator. It is special pleading to conclude that God exists without questioning its origins.

If you do continue down that road, the logic leads to an infinite regress because every God would require its own creator, this makes it false.

If you don't, terminating the logic flow at God is incongruent with the first argument that complexity requires a creator.

Either way, the God hypothesis is unnecessary.

DNA occurs in less than 0.000001% percent of the universe by even the most generous approximations. To say that it couldn't have occurred in at least one place in the Universe over the first 9 billion years since the Big Bang is an argument from incredulity.

God is the uncaused cause.
Science agrees with this fact than your bigbang and Evolution Scams.
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by blueAgent(m): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
felixomor:

Again, I never spoke about "relevance of atoms" You continuously spin words. I dont know why. I specified the conditions for explanation of what I meant by that term. Unfortunately, you have not met the conditions.

As usual they will spin words to confuse you to win the argument. Nice one, they can match you.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by blueAgent(m): 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
felixomor:

Still no link between "defence mechanism" and "natural selection". Sorry. Anyway, bye undecided

Lol....their facts can't add up. you should have expected the delay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by CoolUsername: 7:16am On Jul 10, 2017
blueAgent:

God is the uncaused cause.
Science agrees with this fact than your bigbang and Evolution Scams.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by NPComplete: 10:30am On Jul 10, 2017
CoolUsername:

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Don't mind the guy. He just pulled the drivel out of his backside and hoped we won't notice. I challenge him to bring any proof of scientific consensus on God being the uncaused cause or whatever nonsense he wrote there.
People just make senseless claims just to give weight to their argument.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Niflheim(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
It is a pity that christians actually "believe" that a child with "down's syndrome" is a product of intelligence!!!

So christians can actually open their hypocritical mouths and claim that women who are born with a cloaca(sh*t and p*ss all coming out from one single opening), is a product of an intelligent design?!!!

@op

1.This might be the best time for you to get a lobotomy(brain surgery).

2.You never made an argument in the first place.

3.If you should ever travel to Japan in the future, please, do not ask this kind of question in public, or they might bring out a 6 year old kid who will put you to shame!!!

4.Your knowledge of DNA is equivalent to Lionel Messi's knowledge about the history of "ewedu and okro soup"!!!

2 Likes

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Niflheim:
It is a pity that christians actually "believe" that a child with "down's syndrome" is a product of intelligence!!!

So christians can actually open their hypocritical mouths and claim that women who are born with a cloaca(sh*t and p*ss all coming out from one single opening), is a product of an intelligent design?!!!

@op

3.If you should ever travel to Japan in the future, please, do not ask this kind of question in public, or they might bring out a 6 year old kid who will put you to shame!!!

4.Your knowledge of DNA is equivalent to Lionel Messi's knowledge about the history of "ewedu and okro soup"!!!

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2017
Niflheim:

@op

1. Ok what is the origin of DNA? Since I don't know anything about the DNA.

2. I hope you agree that all living things contain CSI (Complex and Specified Information) in this case DNA.

3. I hope you agree that information is information, not matter or energy. i.e. Information is not matter, information is not energy.

4. I hope you agree that all information comes from a mind - no exceptions. If you have one kindly drop it here. Please and please don't tell me sand dunes, crystals, snow flakes, ripples, waves, you will be put to shame. Think carefully.

5. Where does the information stored in the DNA come from. Be careful here {There is matter or energy. It is useless or inactive to direct the origin and make of complex life forms without information and consciousness. [DNA stores huge quantities of coded, specified/instructional, complex information. Many DNA strands have 100 million, or even billions of segments (one segment is called a nucleotide. Nucleotides are the building blocks, namely purines: adenine, guanine; and pyrimidines: cytosine, thymine and uracil)]. The simplest known free-living organism, Mycoplasma genitalium, has 470 genes that code for 470 proteins that average 347 amino acids in length. The odds against just one specified protein of that length to emerge without guiding specifying intelligence are 1:10^451.}

I know you're intelligent please give me precise and scientifically proven answers.

Think!

I'm waiting

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Niflheim(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2017
@horlufemi,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for recommending brain surgery to you!!! My statement was out of place!!!

ANSWER TO QUESTION 1: The building blocks of DNA can form spontaneously from chemicals(where do chemicals come from and what does this tell you?)

Are you trying to claim that the 4 letters of DNA(AGTC), are real letters? You think that they are real alphabet? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! So you don't know that they are matter? The alphabets represent "ORGANIC MOLECULES"!!!
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Niflheim:
@horlufemi,

First and foremost, I want to apologize for recommending brain surgery to you!!! My statement was out of place!!!

ANSWER TO QUESTION 1: The building blocks of DNA can form spontaneously from chemicals(where do chemicals come from and what does this tell you?)

Are you trying to claim that the 4 letters of DNA(AGTC), are real letters? You think that they are real alphabet? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! So you don't know that they are matter? The alphabets represent "ORGANIC MOLECULES"!!!

shocked

For your information, information is information, not matter or energy. No materialism which does not admit this can survive at the present day. IMPORTANT! [/b]Information philosophy agrees that "information is neither matter nor energy," [b]but it needs matter for its embodiment and energy for its communication.

DNA has a 4 bit code. By now you should know we aren't talking about building blocks. We are talking about the complex and specified information stored in the DNA. If you don't know the main role of DNA in the cell is the long-term storage of information. It is often compared to a blueprint, since it contains the instructions to construct other components of the cell, such as proteins and RNA molecules. The building blocks can form spontaneously but they cannot contain information. Its like buying a set of alphabets and pouring them on the ground and expecting them to fall together and make a panagram e.g. the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog using all the letters of the alphabet. Radom letters are just letters. letters with information are specified i.e. use a language, the syntax and accurate spelling. example (dgoheTtehbwornkciquofxerovjpsmulzya )- What your spontaneous can do against (The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog)-proper sensible arranged information

So you mean to tell me all this complex & specified information [/b]about 700 Terabytes (a gram of DNA) 1Terabyte (being modest) of data is formed spontaneously? I must need a brain downgrade or have strong faith undecided

So rethink you answer and answer the rest in earnest.

Let me assist you:

1. Origin of DNA? + the data

2. I hope you agree that all living things contain CSI (Complex and Specified Information) in this case DNA.

3. I hope you agree that information is information, not matter or energy. i.e. [b]Information is not matter, information is not energy.

4. I hope you agree that all information comes from a mind - no exceptions. If you have one kindly drop it here. Please and please don't tell me sand dunes, crystals, snow flakes, ripples, waves, you will be put to shame. Think carefully.

5. Where does the information stored in the DNA come from. Be careful here {There is matter or energy. It is useless or inactive to direct the origin and make of complex life forms without information and consciousness. [DNA stores huge quantities of coded, specified/instructional, complex information. Many DNA strands have 100 million, or even billions of segments (one segment is called a nucleotide. Nucleotides are the building blocks, namely purines: adenine, guanine; and pyrimidines: cytosine, thymine and uracil)]. The simplest known free-living organism, Mycoplasma genitalium, has 470 genes that code for 470 proteins that average 347 amino acids in length. The odds against just one specified protein of that length to emerge without guiding specifying intelligence are 1:10^451.}

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Niflheim(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
The information in DNA is neither matter nor energy?..........................................................................................Ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki!!! This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd!!!
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Niflheim:
The information in DNA is neither matter nor energy?..........................................................................................Ki ki ki ki ki ki ki ki!!! This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd!!!

Why are you so reluctant in addressing anything I've raised. Aren't you supposed to be the more knowledgeable one? Its sad I know.

I thought you'll prove why Information is matter or energy.

In simple terms you've been defeated.

If you're not defeated address the points I observed you're avoiding quoting me.

Another Atheist without sound knowledge avoiding questions to hold on to his faith of no God.
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by ValentineMary(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2017
Amberon11:
What exactly do you think they would say? That genes are the way they are today as a result of millions of years of evolution? What else?

Anyone who has studied the DNA intensively knows there is definitely an intelligence behind it.
Can u pls tel me the design behind the viral DNA that is prone to error and constantly mutate because of the lack of a repair mechanism? abi ur good still dey learn work when he dey make virus?
Dude if you really studied evolution and molecular biology across different organisms, you would see the evolution undeniably written in the DNA. Even many of my christian lecturers have admitted it.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by ValentineMary(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2017
After reading the comments here, I realised that many Christians here are not well read in evolutionary biology and DNA chemistry. They just use silly memes to flood everywhere. It's really sad that the people who attack evolution are mostly the ones who have never studied it before.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Amberon11: 3:38am On Jul 23, 2017
grin grin grin Lol, you really say what you don't know. And who is talking about repair mechanisms? Leave tgat for later and besides the majority if DNA have repair mechanisms. Every DNA translates, transcripts and replicates. Pls tell us how these occur and why every enzyme involved automatically knows what to do and has a specific function.

Also why and how does the the DNA carry the information it does? Does your media storage device automatically transfer information to itself without being programmed to do so?

Or does your flash or car or bicycle automatically repair itself without being programmed to do so? When will cars evolve to that point? You people are just clowns!

Christian lectures have admitted what, lmao
ValentineMary:

Can u pls tel me the design behind the viral DNA that is prone to error and constantly mutate because of the lack of a repair mechanism? abi ur good still dey learn work when he dey make virus?
Dude if you really studied evolution and molecular biology across different organisms, you would see the evolution undeniably written in the DNA. Even many of my christian lecturers have admitted it.
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by lepasharon(f): 3:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Amberon11:
What exactly do you think they would say? That genes are the way they are today as a result of millions of years of evolution? What else?

Anyone who has studied the DNA intensively knows there is definitely an intelligence behind it.

There is an intelligence behind it, but it has errors?
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Amberon11: 4:17am On Jul 23, 2017
Excuse you, is there/is there not an intelligence behind the exploding Iphone7?

And moreover, the DNA itself has no errors. There can only be errors during replication just like there are always factory errors for various products. That's why some automobile companies recalls thousands of cars sometimes. How does that disprove the intelligence behind it?
lepasharon:

There is an intelligence behind it, but it has errors?
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2017
ValentineMary:
After reading the comments here, I realised that many Christians here are not well read in evolutionary biology and DNA chemistry. They just use silly memes to flood everywhere. It's really sad that the people who attack evolution are mostly the ones who have never studied it before.

You must be the one that has been liking my arguments here. I agree, Josh the first had a fair understanding and so I at least respect his argument. However those like blueagent and felixomor, nah.

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2017
Amberon11:
grin grin grin Lol, you really say what you don't know. And who is talking about repair mechanisms? Leave tgat for later and besides the majority if DNA have repair mechanisms. Every DNA translates, transcripts and replicates. Pls tell us how these occur and why every enzyme involved automatically knows what to do and has a specific function.

Also why and how does the the DNA carry the information it does? Does your media storage device automatically transfer information to itself without being programmed to do so?

Or does your flash or car or bicycle automatically repair itself without being programmed to do so? When will cars evolve to that point? You people are just clowns!

Arguably the most influential Christian geneticist Francis Collins supports the theory of evolution, he rejects intelligent design and young earth creationism and believes in theistic evolution.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by felixomor: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2017
LightandDarkness:

You must be the one that has been liking my arguments here. I agree, Josh the first had a fair understanding and so I at least respect his argument. However those like blueagent and felixomor, nah.

You obviously have phobia for those who lecture you wink
Its expected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2017
felixomor:

You obviously have phobia for those who lecture you wink
Its expected.

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Deicide: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2017
LightandDarkness:

What felixmoron said must be true because felixmoron said it oh and one more thing because he is a Christian too

1 Like

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by ValentineMary(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Amberon11:
Okay I'll assume you have little understanding of genomics. First of all the repair mechanism is one of the most important factors that you end up having 2 eyes and not 30. It is very essential and viral DNA lack it thus prone to mutation and highly unstable and randomly changes over time without correction. Ever wondered why HIV is hard to cure, this is one of the reasons. And for the enzymes, if you know anything about enzymes in the DNA, you would see a progression in the protein among different organisms. eg prokaryotic cells use spermidine for holding their DNA in place while eukaryotes use histones. viral cells have a reverse trancriptase enzyme which many other cells lack. The similarity in the subunits of the topoisomerase show a progression of similarities.

How the first info got there is yet unknown to science but evolution has shown that other info have gotten there through random mutation. Even if e never knew, it does not mean a deity did it. The same way it did not mean Thor was angry when lightning struck as the ancient Norse thought. Else God is an ever receding pocket of scientific discoveries.

4 Likes

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Niflheim(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
@horlufemi,

Are you for real?

The DNA IS NOTHING MORE THAN CHEMICALS!!! CHEMICALS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN LIQUIDS, AND LIQUIDS ARE ONE OF THE 3 STATES OF MATTER!!!.................................................................

1.You have not raised any point, you have only raised errors!!!

2.If you believe that a chemical is not matter then you are either a clown or a candidate for the next edition of a TV show known as the "LUNATIC'S LOUNGE"!!!

3.You seem to have learning difficulties!!!

4.You are disgracing your fellow christian brothers and sisters!!!
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Niflheim:
@horlufemi,

Are you for real?

The DNA IS NOTHING MORE THAN CHEMICALS!!! CHEMICALS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN LIQUIDS, AND LIQUIDS ARE ONE OF THE 3 STATES OF MATTER!!!.................................................................

1.You have not raised any point, you have only raised errors!!!

2.If you believe that a chemical is not matter then you are either a clown or a candidate for the next edition of a TV show known as the "LUNATIC'S LOUNGE"!!!

3.You seem to have learning difficulties!!!

4.You are disgracing your fellow christian brothers and sisters!!!

Can we get serious?

Now you've just confirmed that you don't know the latest in science. I never mentioned chemicals isn't matter. DNA is matter but it carries information. All I said was Information isn't matter nor energy. You, my friend are not an intellect in the workings the DNA.

Every scientist agree that the DNA is not just chemical, it stores information. I'm shocked that you argue otherwise. I thought atheists are supposed to be the smart ones. Apparently you in particular aren't. Yet you claim you know so much about the DNA that you deny the core and basic functions of the DNA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA on the 3rd paragraph you will see it.

It's only a lunatic that will see truth, deny it and argue with it.

You need to step up your Science. try to study information theory.

The joke's on you. You need someone to rescue you. A trait of someone with low iq is that they don't know about a subject and in attempt not to look stupid they now narrate all the jargons they know. They now even look more stupid than saying they don't know. You apparently have a low IQ. You can't even argue scientifically.

Address the questions I asked you and stop with you childish evasiveness and insults.

Now are you for real?

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Niflheim(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
CHAI!!!................................................SEE ME SEE WAHALA OOOHHHH!!!!

Biological information=A nucleotide sequence(chemicals)!!!!

You thought it was alphabet? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!I KNOW OF A FANTASTIC NEW CIRCUS WHERE THEY ARE LOOKING FOR NEW CLOWNS FOR HIRE!!!
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Deicide: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Niflheim:
CHAI!!!................................................SEE ME SEE WAHALA OOOHHHH!!!!

You thought it was alphabet? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!I KNOW OF A FANTASTIC NEW CIRCUS WHERE THEY ARE LOOKING FOR NEW CLOWNS FOR HIRE!!!
He thought it was Binary code grin or maybe the language of the angels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
Deicide:

He thought it was Binary code grin or maybe the language of the angels

Niflheim:

You guys are scientific illiterates

Genes (a central component of life) are digital information*.

* Digital information -- such as the instructions of computer code, the hieroglyphic text of the Rosetta stone or Shakespeare's Hamlet -- is not to be confused with order, which can be seen in the spontaneous structure of a snowflake or a crystal.
Order is different from digital information in the sense that order would have the DNA molecule comprised of any A-T or C-G pair in any position along its sequence without this impairing the double helix structure.
But since there is more than just order; there is also digital information, the positions of A, T, C and G not only hold the DNA molecule together but are also highly specific so as to translate meaningful code.

I dont understand why this is soooooo hard for you to fathom or maybe you dont have the intelligence for it?

Ive simplified it here for you ===> https://www.nairaland.com/3943054/information-theory-made-really-simple
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Deicide: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Horlufemi:

You guys are scientific illiterates

Genes (a central component of life) are digital information*.
Why you day vex na? grin

2 Likes

Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by Horlufemi(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
Deicide:

Why you day vex na? grin

Why I no go vex. Simple concepts they can't understand.
Re: Calling All Atheists! I Need This Argument Destroyed. by JOACHINpedro: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2021
Hey guys.
Evolution has been proved grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hopefullandlord And Co, I Need You Guys Take On This Issue. / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / "And Ye Shall Be Hated Of All Men For My Name's Sake" - Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.