Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) (55561 Views)

240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow / Blood Moon! Total Lunar Eclipse To Appear Tomorrow And Will Be Longest Blood Moo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by Ty440: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigeria is only a country where credential is much valued than potential.

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by lexy2014: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
adwem2003:
Imagine. And our own 4th mainland bridge has been under bargaining since .
and it will cost twice d amount used 2 build this Chinese bridge

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by BabaRamotu1988: 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
LionDeLeo:

What?

So you have repented?

repent ke? grin

I stopped following your asss the day you solved one mathematics in education section
see i have this respect for mathematicians
i do see them as one demi gods
remembered those school days when maths dey hard me very much especially those useless formulae derivations i always struggled to manage and have at least C in it or at least no carry over but i do cover up with other courses which i know well especially practical which i was the best then.
so whenever those maths gurus are arguing answers and equations upon equations with prof na just siddan dey look them out of admiration grin
that's it tongue

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by loomer: 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
So because of 30mins I go follow this kind bridge?
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
I weep for Nigeria....but we all know that China is a communist nation where corruption is a crime with death sentence...we all applaud their developmental strides but are we ready to pay the price??
don't we come here and hail corrupt politicians from the same tribe, community,religion or ethic settings?
lots of questions needs answers but what do we have here..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by balarabe01(m): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Interestingly the bridge cost about 144,000000000naira to contruct.
better said as 14billion naira per km.
and the cost of Nigeria's budget for a distance of an hour drive. Nigerians r small criminals relative to chinese. grin
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by geaman: 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Davido as more money than dem (30billion)☺
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by gevans(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ulomoney:

It's the curse of Africa!
There's nothing we can do about. Prayer is the worst option. #StopDeceivingYourselves

u ef big time, u shouldn't have say such a thing.
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by geaman: 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
geaman:
Davido has more money than dem (30billion)☺
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by Trottle: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
MrOfficer:
China gradually taking over. May interest you to know they pride themselves with the world's fastest super computer.

Taking my Mandarin classes seriously. Xie xie

grin grin
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by bigdot1759(m): 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
imagine world longest bridge in china yet some animals wey no fit produce common matches go dey condemn china product na una old cago bridge lagos taout turn deir outlet
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by iedide: 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
If u are in the middle of this bridge and something goes wrong, what will u do?
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by precious1967(m): 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
i dont know if our red chambers people ve seen ds pictures or heard about d bridge. lagos/ibadan expersway, not half of d bridge is now abandon project because of ds useless people.
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by Iamzik: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Omittesb:
I have been saying this "China should be world power"

They already are:
USA, Russia, China, Britain, Germany and France.
These are the big brothers around
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by rhodahe(m): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Explorers:
Construction on the world's longest sea bridge connecting Hong Kong, Zhuhai and Macao is almost complete.

After seven years of construction, the 34-mile-long bridge is set to open at the end of the year.

It will cut travel time from Hong Kong to Zhuhai down to 30 minutes from 3 hours.

Zhu Yongling, director of the management bureau of the bridge has confirmed that the bridge will open at the end of the year.

The bridge used 420,000 tonnes of steel which is enough to build 60 Eiffel Towers.

It bridge's total length is 55 kilometres (34 miles) making it 14 miles longer than the distance from Dover to Calais.

The bridge has cost some HK$ 112 billion (£12 billion). Video footage shows the sheer size of the completed main structure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4675520/World-s-longest-sea-bridge-finished-China.html

Lalasticlala, mynd44
.....Just imaging ooo, if it where to be in an African country, TOLL GATES will also erected at every 1km on the bridge for God knows WHY!!!!
Thinking & pondering in Chinese
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by rhodahe(m): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
iedide:
If u are in the middle of this bridge and something goes wrong, what will u do?
As road safety would always say; carry ur Driver's License.
But did tym, always write ur will or just learned how to swim in kilometres!!!
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by Abdulkatcha(m): 11:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
this is wonderfull!!!
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by MrOfficer(m): 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ranoscky:
Ni hao ma?
Wo hen hao. Ni ne?
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by MrOfficer(m): 11:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
ViVaMadrid:

Abeg bros tell me the way when you for dey learn chinko make I join you grin grin grin no joke oh abeg tell me

Learnt a little while in school (we have a Chinese language school in school). But now I learn mostly online.
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by arcnomec(m): 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
kinibigdeal:
55000m bridge, it will collapse!

Average mind.... This is not bricklayer claiming engineer work ooo.What you saw was a product of creative and positive thinking.

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by belindar: 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
Nigeria govt has been constructing Lagos Ibadan express since independence. Pathetic
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by KingRex1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
Damn, this is five times the 3rd mainland!

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by fm001(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
If such thing is being replicated in Nigeria (which might be a daydreaming scenario), the toll points for fare collection will be at every 1 kilometer...making a total of 55 toll points....Naija indeed. We are going somewhere
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by rottennaija(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
HARDDON:
HulabAlu!

Cant imagine how these tiny men, round eyed, lil land mass keep defiling space n distance while my motherland blessed beyong imagination is nothing but a sleeping, uncoordinated n mis managed gaint.

The difference is corruption. In the past 10 years or so, China has executed more than 10,000 corrupt officers while in Nigeria, we tend to celebrate them
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by ponti93(m): 12:18am On Jul 09, 2017
And second niger bridge is still on paper ee... Shakes head for nigeria
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by noavailablename(m): 12:43am On Jul 09, 2017
HARDDON:
HulabAlu!

Cant imagine how these tiny men, round eyed, lil land mass keep defiling space n distance while my motherland blessed beyong imagination is nothing but a sleeping, uncoordinated n mis managed gaint.

Bros their land mass no small get ur facts right joor!!
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by ViVaMadrid: 12:58am On Jul 09, 2017
MrOfficer:

Learnt a little while in school (we have a Chinese language school in school). But now I learn mostly online.

Youtube? If yes, please tell me the channel
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by chukxie(m): 1:08am On Jul 09, 2017
Living in China has shown me that when a people are determined to do something, nothing can stop them. While living in Nigeria has shown me that a people inherently corrupt can never achieve anything reasonable. May thunder and lightning fall on our leaders and politicians. Amen!
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by dklex(m): 2:13am On Jul 09, 2017
Electronzeez:
Wait is china the only country in the world .there development is just too much grin.
they are setting new records in most thing, and we are setting new record in corruption everyday. food for thought .

1 Like

Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by Winningwisdom(m): 3:10am On Jul 09, 2017
oz4real83:
When u have good leaders in a place,even an ant will soar like a giant. A leader is as good as a follower. A bad follower can never be a good leader. Every leader was once a follower.We need good followers in the country if we really desire greater heights like China.
Who are we now going to follow? The bad leaders?
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by fromnigeria(m): 5:07am On Jul 09, 2017
HARDDON:
HulabAlu!

The rreason is the cause of Noah on Ham and his generation.
Re: 34miles, £12billion, China Set To Open World's Longest Sea Bridge(Photos) by ivolt: 5:45am On Jul 09, 2017
HARDDON:
HulabAlu!

Blessed with what exactly ?
Patriotic citizens are the real blessings not oil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria Remote Control Aircraft / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) / Alligator Weighing 700 Pounds Found In Ditch In Georgia (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.