Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car (10133 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / 5 Ways To Know Your Car More Than Your Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by SmartchoicesNG: 8:30am On Jul 09, 2017
emeksdonalds:
Removed my car battery to jump start another car without knowing that once my car battery is removed, the car has to reset itself and thereby would be stopping every interval.. Once I apply my brake, it would go off and I have neutralize the gear to start it again... Imagine the insults I got on the road in the morning traffic cos of the break and quench.....then he worst of it all is the thing now decided to do the worst at Fela shrine that evening.. I didn't even mind but I drove the car from Lagos to East the very next morning.. The whole resetting mode corrected itself when I got to Asaba Delta state cos since I'm in a free road, I didn't have to use the break all time like on a busy Lagos roads. It wasn't easy, only an experienced driver can do that
Honda? I guess. A very useless car brand.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by malele(m): 8:31am On Jul 09, 2017
doctorkush:
dude was "testing" my car alongside his babe and her friends on a "Friday night". i saw him and he offered me a lift home as a "stranded" person.

Hahahhahahahahhaah
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by bigsmoke2(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2017
Tyler's garage grin I won't say more than that
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Hilariousthiago(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2017
It's because he didn't disconnet the battery terminals before working on the silencer

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Flintstone06(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2017
Left my car with the mechanic to fix the fuel injector; got back and couldn't find my passenger seat again... Haa toheed hear am grin

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Denn(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2017
emeksdonalds:
Removed my car battery to jump start another car without knowing that once my car battery is removed, the car has to reset itself and thereby would be stopping every interval.. Once I apply my brake, it would go off and I have neutralize the gear to start it again... Imagine the insults I got on the road in the morning traffic cos of the break and quench.....then he worst of it all is the thing now decided to do the worst at Fela shrine that evening.. I didn't even mind but I drove the car from Lagos to East the very next morning.. The whole resetting mode corrected itself when I got to Asaba Delta state cos since I'm in a free road, I didn't have to use the break all time like on a busy Lagos roads. It wasn't easy, only an experienced driver can do that

You car has an unresolved issue which the ECU had tried to manage by adapting the fuel trims and throttle position.

Get a proper tech to do a proper diagnosis.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by anonym0us: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2017
doctorkush:
dude was "testing" my car alongside his babe and her friends on a "Friday night". i saw him and he offered me a lift home as a "stranded" person while his babes were complementing him and how nice his "car" was...
fat liar

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by malele(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2017
Hilariousthiago:
It's because he didn't disconnet the battery terminals before working on the silencer

That's for electric welding, for acetylene u don't need to disconnect the batteries

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by MARKone(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2017
Ijaya123:
Terrible.

The mechanic came to pick the car early that morning for repairs and returned it later in the evening.

I drove out the following morning only for the car to burst into flames on high speed. How I managed to pull the car to a stop is still a mistery till this moment.

Unfortunately, damage was extensive and had to sell it as scrap.

The disappointing part of it is that I informed the mechanic immediately after the incidence, up till this moment he has not called back to show the smallest of empathy.

Terrible experience I must say. www.nairaland.com/attachments/5620672_img3340_jpeg3b54abff30f9964f2166eb6b3c2eac13

Arghh!

A very terrible experience watching Ur car burn. So sorry man.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by hysteriabox(m): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2017
I needed a gasket change. I went to the dude, gave d car, d cash N6k then n went to work. This msn messed up my car, dismantled every. It spent four days with him. I had to tow it to another place and it took 48k from me just like that.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by hysteriabox(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2017
Ijaya123:
Terrible.

The mechanic came to pick the car early that morning for repairs and returned it later in the evening.

I drove out the following morning only for the car to burst into flames on high speed. How I managed to pull the car to a stop is still a mistery till this moment.

Unfortunately, damage was extensive and had to sell it as scrap.

The disappointing part of it is that I informed the mechanic immediately after the incidence, up till this moment he has not called back to show the smallest of empathy.

Terrible experience I must say.
Chai.
So sorry o.
God ll replenish

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2017
kingar:
At Ikoku in Port Harcourt, where I went to fix my bike. I was told bearing could possibly be causing one disturbing noise from the rear tire. So wen I got there. the mechanic I Met proposed to change front n back bearing, during the cos of the work, he almost changed everything in the bike. Making me buy parts n spending all I had on me, but still the noise still continued and couldn't even run anymore, he even wanted to loose my engine and change piston n rings for 30k. But I later met an expert who only noticed the wheel was not well seated and got it fixed for just 1k
Powerbike or okada

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by katchycouture(f): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2017
when I drive with the AC on, the car will be going off especially in traffic so I took it to to baba ibeji and the Damn mechanic blew my car brain box....its been almost 5 yrs now and the car is still parked here although I drove the car for another 2 yrs without a good brain box because we Cldnt find any other brain box to match it

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Hilariousthiago(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2017
hysteriabox:
I needed a casket change. I went to the dude, gave d car, d cash N6k then n went to work. This msn messed up my car, dismantled every. It spent four days with him. I had to tow it to another place and it took 48k from me just like that.
you mean gasket?

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Hilariousthiago(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2017
malele:

That's for electric welding, for acetylene u don't need to disconnect the batteries
okay sir
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2017
anonym0us:
fat liar
do I look like your father?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by toastedbread: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2017
Sexytemi:
The weather is just so collllllddddd, so I'm gonna sip tea here o.

op hope you don't mindgringringrin

make a cup for me

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 09, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

What did you do?
nothing, sat there silent all through till I got home... tho the man is older than I am and had been nice in the past. I just excused him from the girls and gave him a stern warning if anything goes wrong with the car he will rot.. well I'm the patient type..

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by okewumi: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2017
I will never forget when mechanic told a friend that he has gotten a new customer that will pay him Pension. I have to run for my life grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by austin4real(m): 9:12am On Jul 09, 2017
TheObservatory:
My mechanic forgot to tighten the wheels nut. It came off a few kilometres from his shop. I nearly had an accident!
Same happened to me last month. I was freaking embarrassed in the middle of the road

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by neonly: 9:13am On Jul 09, 2017
Not screwing the bolt of tires well near cause me an accident me I bi fast driver

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Hilariousthiago(m): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2017
okewumi:
I will never forget when mechanic told a friend that he has gotten a new customer that will pay him Pension. I have to run for my life grin
lol......pay the old man his pension now

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2017
scobaba:
Abuja mechanics dont do any good thing to your car.

disagree with, there are competent mechanics in abj goto apo mech village, kugbo, karu , nyanya and nassarawa

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by donkarly(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Mine was charging me very high for a little work(both parts n workmanship),keeping the car with him for days n breaking up my exhaust to steal the catalyst when the work he did had nothing to do with the exhaust. .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by anonym0us: 9:24am On Jul 09, 2017
doctorkush:
my father is the most foolish man on earth
why would u say such a thing to your father
Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by FreshMekanik: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2017
who knows of any good mechanic workshop in Port Harcourt I can work as an apprentice? help a brother. I need it badly

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Or Best Thing/s Your Mechanic Has Ever Done To You Or Your Car by SmartchoicesNG: 9:44am On Jul 09, 2017
emeksdonalds:

Nah it's a Toyota brand
Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons / Molue Buses Rebranding For A Comeback / Signs To Note When Your Brakes Need Servicing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.