Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,502 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) (33783 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Gggg102(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Is Christianity and Islam really related?

I am working on a thesis which I hope will be syndicated by some global newspapers in which I will highlight the similarities between Christians/Catholics and Muslims.

Let me just name a few here

-Both dress alike;
The priests' cassock and the mallam's jellabia, the reverend sister's veil and the female Muslim's hijab.

-Both pray with a chaplet:

-Both intermittently squat/kneel/bow during prayers.

-Both are very resolved in their beliefs and almost fanatical with it:
It's almost impossible to convince them to drop their doctrine and reconsider yours. They go all lengths to defend their beliefs.

-Both have a lenghty fast at a specific period:

The Catholics have the Lenten period where they fast for 40-46 days and are supposedly holy till after the fast when they return to status quo, this fast culminates into Easter; same as the Muslims who fast for 30days in the month of Ramadan and just like the Catholics observe an abstenance from iniquity and some type of meat, this fast as well culminates into the Eid el Fitri

Both could get very irate and potentially dangerous if you question the tenets of their doctrine.

Kindly join in on this discussion on if the two religions are related.

Please note that this discussion is not intended to infuriate anyone; rather an intellectual discourse that could further strengthen religious tolerance and bring better understanding to the origin of some of what we believe in.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Ijebabe
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Naptu2
Ishilove
Spacetacular

You should also do similarities between Islam and Judaism. you might be shocked
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
KingSango:

You live in a dream world. Don't you know the Freemasons started off as the Knights Templar? grin Come on. Yall can't be that stupid in the most intelligent and scientific land upon Earth. Africa is not the dark continent but the great mother of mysteries and secrets.

If you play stupid again, I will have to stop posting in reply. I have no times for nasty little lies and games. angry

Ase

Love Sango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK6axOyCXcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATy0IjJAeho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7RflrL2nk
sorry for you ignorance.

a Freemason is automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church, you are just ignorant of simple facts.

the Knight Templar was a military order of monks used during the crusades to safeguard Jerusalem from Muslims and other Christian lands. the King of France coveted their property and later made up crimes so as to execute them and collect their wealth... they were largely innocent men who were wrongly murdered for political gain.

stop romancing conspiracy theories
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by KingSango(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ubenedictus:
sorry for you ignorance.

a Freemason is automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church, you are just ignorant of simple facts.

the Knight Templar was a military order of monks used during the crusades to safeguard Jerusalem from Muslims and other Christian lands. the King of France coveted their property and later made up crimes so as to execute them and collect their wealth... they were largely innocent men who were wrongly murdered for political gain.

The Red Cross of Constantine, or more formally the Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine and the Appendant Orders of the Holy Sepulchre and of St John the Evangelist, is a Christian fraternal order of Freemasonry. Candidates for the order must already be members of Craft Freemasonry (lodge) and Royal Arch Freemasonry (chapter); they must also be members of the Christian religion, and ready to proclaim their belief in the Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity.[1]

The Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine is a three-degree Order of masonry, and with its "Appendant Orders" a total of five degrees are conferred within this system. Installation as a “Knight of the Red Cross of Constantine” is admission to the Order’s first degree. There are two more degrees which follow, and also the two other distinct Orders of Masonry (both Christian in character) which are under the control of each national (or regional) Grand Imperial Conclave of the Order.

The organisation heavily draws inspiration from the Catholic chivalric orders of Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George and the Order of the Holy Sepulchre.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by KingSango(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
Ubenedictus:
sorry for you ignorance.

The goal of the United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is to unite White Christians Freemasonry organization through the bond of brotherhood and aid their awareness of the problems facing our country. We will show you how and when to take action (in a non violent way). The United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is a patriotic, fraternal and law abiding organization. We uphold Christian values this country was founded on. We protect these values from those who seek to remove them from our society. Our ideology is simple, self preservation and the advancement of White Christian America. We hope that you take time to read through the wealth of information on this site and decide if membership is right for you. In the event membership is not right for you, we can use your assistance in a variety of support programs. We are an active world-wide organization striving to protect and preserve White Christian heritage and culture. If you want to play an active part in the preservation of the White race you may submit an application. For God, Race and Nation!
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2017
KingSango:

The goal of the United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is to unite White Christians Freemasonry organization through the bond of brotherhood and aid their awareness of the problems facing our country. We will show you how and when to take action (in a non violent way). The United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is a patriotic, fraternal and law abiding organization. We uphold Christian values this country was founded on. We protect these values from those who seek to remove them from our society. Our ideology is simple, self preservation and the advancement of White Christian America. We hope that you take time to read through the wealth of information on this site and decide if membership is right for you. In the event membership is not right for you, we can use your assistance in a variety of support programs. We are an active world-wide organization striving to protect and preserve White Christian heritage and culture. If you want to play an active part in the preservation of the White race you may submit an application. For God, Race and Nation!
how does this group concern Catholics, united northern and southern Knight aren't Catholic groups.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2017
KingSango:

The Red Cross of Constantine, or more formally the Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine and the Appendant Orders of the Holy Sepulchre and of St John the Evangelist, is a Christian fraternal order of Freemasonry. Candidates for the order must already be members of Craft Freemasonry (lodge) and Royal Arch Freemasonry (chapter); they must also be members of the Christian religion, and ready to proclaim their belief in the Christian doctrine of the Holy Trinity.[1]

The Masonic and Military Order of the Red Cross of Constantine is a three-degree Order of masonry, and with its "Appendant Orders" a total of five degrees are conferred within this system. Installation as a “Knight of the Red Cross of Constantine” is admission to the Order’s first degree. There are two more degrees which follow, and also the two other distinct Orders of Masonry (both Christian in character) which are under the control of each national (or regional) Grand Imperial Conclave of the Order.

The organisation heavily draws inspiration from the Catholic chivalric orders of Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George and the Order of the Holy Sepulchre.
they copied Catholic orders and drew inspiration from them in their organization... that doesn't make them Catholic groups

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by KingSango(m): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by sanerugwei: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2017
Sounds informative, almost convincing. But you need to provide a credible source.
And how come this information is not readily available in the public domain?
Who is afraid of fatwa?

analice107:

Sir, let me give you a little of Pre-Islamic history and since you want to further research on this, this is where to begin when connecting the dots between Islam and Catholicism.

An Arabic Convert to Catholicism tortured or inspired Muhammad into prophethood. Let me explain.

A young man called Muhammed Bin Abdullah, (Prophet Muhammed to Muslims) had met, worked and married his much older wife Kadijat.

There's something to note here. Muhammad's progenitors had worshipped and served Allah who was a moon god, as Chief priests belong before he was born. it was in their bloodline to carry on as Chief priests to allah. Here is where you take note that allah has been worshipped as one of the pagan gods long before Muhammed was born.

Now, Muhammad's father who shd have prepared muhammed for the preisthood to allah had died leaving him a child, an uncle raised him but also died. At this point, he became an urchin. an areaboy, stealing and robbing people, then he met and became a worker for Kadijat whom he later married.

Once upon a time, an entity accosted Muhammed and forcefully demanded him to do a recitation, but of course, you don't expect Muhammed to recite what he didn't know, so he didn't. Three times, the being pinned him to ground torturing him to the point of suffocation. To the onlookers, Muhammed was possessed with demons. Whenever this being comes, Muhammad goes into epileptic seizures.

Muhammed believed he was possessed by demons(Jinns, in islam) Once, he tried to kill himself by throwing himself down a cliff, but he was saved by his wife kadijat.

He had to confide in Kadijat his wife, who was a Catholic convert. Kadijat also believed it was demonic possession so took him to her Uncle, who doubled as a soothsayer and a Catholic convert.

Now, when Kadijat had explained to her uncle the soothsayer named Waraqa Bin Nawal, being a Catholic who happened to be the first man who had translated the New Testament Bible to the Arabic Language, told Muhammad that in the Jewish and Christian religions, God talks to people through prophets and he sends his Angels to deliver messages. And he suspects that God was trying to speak to him through an Angel. It was Waraqa who fist mentioned Angel Gabriel to Muhammed. The being who kept coming to Mohammed never introduced himself to muhammed.

Muhammed believed it was Jehovah who was sending his angel Gabriel to give him messages. Only, he didn't know that the demons his fathers had worshipped were trying to call him to ministry, the ministry of idol worship to allah.

And, Waraqa missed one point, he forgot to tell Muhammed that, if Angel Gabriel comes, he doesn't inflict fear or pain to those he talks to, but calms down them down. Well, he also forgot to tell him that the Angel and does not make any physical contact of body touching. And, Angel Gabriel usually introduces himself wen he comes with a message.

This was the Origin of Islam and the prophethood of muhammed.

Waraqa tutored Muhammed in the doctrines of the Catholic Church and again, Allah, must be worshipped so, henceforth, anytime the Angel came muhmammed responded to what the jinn wanted.

Catholicism is full of recitations so also Islam.

See the connection @Op?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by KingSango(m): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
The Bible And Quran Both Lie; There Is No Jesus CHRIST by KingSango(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
KingSango:
Yes, they both support each other, the same way Europeans and Arabs enslaved Africa. And Arabs still enslave Africa and the Catholic Church runs Africa even scares many kings. Sango says, that's too bad. Sango feels sorry for no one. Grow stronger and become liberated. Ase.

The Bible lies about a Jesus Christ that never existed.

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.” 3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 4 When he had called together all the people’s chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. 5 “In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied, “for this is what the prophet has written: 6 “ ‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.’ ” 7 Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.” 9 After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11 On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

The Quran lies about a Jesus Christ that never existed.

“(And mention) when the angels said, ‘O Mary, indeed God gives you the good news of a word from Him, whose name will be the Messiah Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and in the Hereafter, and of those who are near to God.’ ‘He will speak to the people in the cradle, and in old age, and he will be of the righteous.’ She said, ‘My Lord, how can I have a son when no man has touched me.’ He said, ‘So (it will be,) for God creates what He wants. When He decides something, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is. And He will teach him the Book and wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel. And (will make him) a messenger to the Children of Israel (saying), ‘Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by the permission of God. And I heal the blind and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by the permission of God. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Surely, there is a sign for you in that, if you are believers. And (I have come) confirming the Torah that was (revealed) before me, and to allow you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a proof from your Lord, so fear God and obey me. Indeed, God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is the straight path.”

Historical evidence that proves “Jesus Christ” never existed and was created by Constantine (Romans) The Council of Nicea

- The Council that created Jesus Christ Unbiased Talk 25 April 2013 The origin of the “Savior” – Later becoming the person worshiped today as Jesus Christ Ptolemy 1 Meryamun Setepenre (c.a. 367-283 B.C.E- Before Common Era) (aka Soter) (“Soter” means savior) became the first European pharaoh of Egypt through military force led by Alexander the Greek (a.k.a Alexander the Great). When Ptolemy became pharaoh of Egypt, he wanted the Egyptians to consecrate him as a god. He wanted to be called a god because that was the title all of the pharaohs of Egypt were called prior to him. However, the people of Egypt refused to call him a god because they knew the only reason he became a pharaoh was through force, so in “305 BC -Ptolemy took the title of Pharaoh, taking the Egyptian name Meryamun Setepenre, which means “Beloved of Amun (Amun means God) Chosen of Ra (Ra means God)”, and because of the Egyptians refusal to acknowledge him as a God, he began killing the people of Egypt, which caused the Egyptian priests at Memphis to give into his request by agreeing to consecrate him to priesthood, in order to save their own lives.

The key words in the above passage to keep in mind during your reading: Meryamun, Setepenre, Soter, which are words that were used to create the fictitious character of JESUS CHRIST in A.D. by Roman Emperor Constantine (Meryamun, Setepenre, Soter were used in B.C.). The images of Ptolemy below, which are similar to the images that are depicted as “Jesus” today, were forced upon the Africans and were ordered to be worshiped by the people of Rome. Let us continue to A.D. Serapis Christus Greco Roman c.a 135 B.C.E. The marble image in the London museum is the image they use of Christ (Jesus) today. Christus was also the nickname for Serapis. What is Serapis? (Origin of JESUS CHRIST) Ptolemy’s rule was to create a deity that would be worshiped by both the Egyptians and the Greeks. He created “Serapis “, the made up Graeco-Egyptian god that was invented in the 3rd century B.C., portrayed as Greek in appearance, but with Egyptian accessories, representing both wealth and resurrection. “Egypt, which you commended to me my dearest Servianus, I have found to be wholly fickle and inconsistent and continually wafted about by every breath of fame. The worshipers of Serapis here are called Christians and those who are devoted to the god Serapis (I find) call themselves Bishops of Christ.” - Hadrian to Servianus 134 A.D. Constantine and Arius Constantine the Greek (a.k.a Constantine the Great) Roman Emperor from 306 to 337, is known for being the first Roman emperor to be converted to Christianity which strangely enough, Arius of Libya (256-356 A.D.) born of African descent centuries after Ptolemy 1, had a problem with the Roman empire teaching the Africans and the people of Rome to worship a statue and celebrating death. He was considered a heretic, a professed believer (of God), who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church (what the religious authorities usually controlled by government deem as the truth). Because he started attracting so many followers due to his teachings that were contrary to the Romans, Constantine called the council by summoning all the bishops to discredit Arius, The Council of Nicaea. During the time when this meeting was called upon, there was no mention of Jesus Christ at all; no man had ever existed by the name JESUS Christ, and an important fact is that this all took place Anno Domino (A.D.) (which Christians claim means after the death of Christ) in Latin means ‘in the year of the lord’. The name Jesus Christ didn’t exist before the meeting was called (read the statements made during that time frame).

It was only after this that they presented to the people the name JESUS CHRIST. What Lord are they referring to? Kings have always been referred to as Lords or Gods. If Jesus Christ didn’t exist during the time this meeting took place nor ever heard of, whom are people worshiping today? Serapis Christus? Nicean Creed – Jesus Christ is born Nicean creed which became the statement of the Christian faith was written decreed and sanctified by 318 Roman Catholic bishops at the council in 325 A.D. (some believe this transformation took place “Council of Chalcedon” 451 A.D.). “We believe in one God the Father all-powerful of all things both seen and unseen one Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God the only begotten from the father, that is from the substance of the father, god from god, light from light, true god from true god, begotten not made, consubstantial with the father, through whom all things came to be both those in heaven and those in earth for us humans and for out salvation he came down and became incarnate became human suffered and rose up on the third day went up into the heavens is coming to judge the living and the dead and in the holy spirit” - The origin of the Trinity The authorities shut Arius down and threatened him with death to keep his mouth shut. They positioned the creed during the time when people started becoming aware of the lies and deception, and ordered all books to be burned; destroying all ancient writings, “no evidence no argument”, and the outcome was the transformation from Serapis Christus, which means Christ the Savior, to Jesus Christ by edict of Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D. Authors comment Christians, do your research. There may have been a man that walked the earth in the land known as Nazareth that attempted to guide the people back to righteousness, but, this man was not JESUS CHRIST. You see no mention of any man in Nazareth named JESUS mentioned during the meetings in Rome, or of a woman named Mary (the virgin) giving birth to a child named Jesus. This would explain why there is so much emphasis put on JESUS CHRIST in the bible, which further explains why God all of a sudden had to have a “son” (sun of God was turned to the son of God by Europeans, which is why every picture of Jesus has the sun behind his head. (Sun Ra, Sun of Ra (God)). The man you acknowledge as Jesus Christ of Nazareth was born in 4 BC; all of the above took place before that date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv7Ne4nHLFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xylqq0GaGm4&t=323s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUVoAciJKOo&t=471s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xylqq0GaGm4

1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by ClassicMan202(m): 3:24am On Dec 20, 2017
grin

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by MightySparrow: 10:31am On Dec 20, 2017
Catholic gave birth to Islam. No. copied the Bible and adulterated further being angered by the practices of Catholics and took his revelations to an ambiguous extent.
Tried to wipe out Christianity and Israel. A thing secretly cherished by Muslims but trying hard to achieve but cover their pursuit by the doctrine of All - taqquiya (accepted lies).

Catholicism and Islam are a lie altogether.
The recent declaration of the Trump of God
is a prophetic witness to the verify of Christianity.

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by tk4rd: 6:37am On Feb 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
Is Christianity and Islam really related?

I am working on a thesis which I hope will be syndicated by some global newspapers in which I will highlight the similarities between Christians/Catholics and Muslims.

Let me just name a few here

-Both dress alike;
The priests' cassock and the mallam's jellabia, the reverend sister's veil and the female Muslim's hijab.

-Both pray with a chaplet:

-Both intermittently squat/kneel/bow during prayers.

-Both are very resolved in their beliefs and almost fanatical with it:
It's almost impossible to convince them to drop their doctrine and reconsider yours. They go all lengths to defend their beliefs.

-Both have a lenghty fast at a specific period:

The Catholics have the Lenten period where they fast for 40-46 days and are supposedly holy till after the fast when they return to status quo, this fast culminates into Easter; same as the Muslims who fast for 30days in the month of Ramadan and just like the Catholics observe an abstenance from iniquity and some type of meat, this fast as well culminates into the Eid el Fitri

Both could get very irate and potentially dangerous if you question the tenets of their doctrine.

Kindly join in on this discussion on if the two religions are related.

Please note that this discussion is not intended to infuriate anyone; rather an intellectual discourse that could further strengthen religious tolerance and bring better understanding to the origin of some of what we believe in.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Ijebabe
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Naptu2
Ishilove
Spacetacular
Guy, I just went through your Diary on Nairaland..
You're just a unique character..
Keep it up..
Nobody else can be you better than you.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by najib632(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2018
zionmade:

I dont worship and will never worship the same God with muslims.Its a fat lie. My God is not Allah or watever they choose to call him.
to call a spade a spade if my God is the true God den allah is d devil himself and vice versa.
sorry to add this the way catholics are romancing islam shows dat the end of the world is near.
READ and Arabic bible and you will see what was is used... Allah means Yahweh in Hebrew English is not advanced enough to a word that describes the attributes of The Lord of the Heavens and the earth and all that exist between them and beyond them... god in english means something you worship and that could be anything the English use a capital letter instead of a lowercase letter to differentiate between the two... All the prophets of the bible are decendants of Ishaq A.S. non from Ismail A.S. except Muhammad S.A.W so Allah put all their greatness into His final messenger... You shouldn't let the media and fanatics fool you read for yourself and come to a conclusion.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2018
MightySparrow:
Catholic gave birth to Islam. No. copied the Bible and adulterated further being angered by the practices of Catholics and took his revelations to an ambiguous extent.
Tried to wipe out Christianity and Israel. A thing secretly cherished by Muslims but trying hard to achieve but cover their pursuit by the doctrine of All - taqquiya (accepted lies).

Catholicism and Islam are a lie altogether.
The recent declaration of the Trump of God
is a prophetic witness to the verify of Christianity.

only in nairaland is it considered a virtue to make baseless comments.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
Ubenedictus:
only in nairaland is it considered a virtue to make baseless comments.
it is not baseless to those that have eyes.
Catholic church is the biggest cult on earth.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by JoannaSedley(f): 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
solite3:
If Catholicism is a cult then that means that Christianity is a big fat lie from the word go.. You can't take one and leave the other.

Where are the scrolls, papyrus and books written by the ancient prophets and disciples kept? Vatican library.Every manuscripts ever compiled into the bible is in the Vatican library.
Who used those works to compile what is known as the bible? Ancient Catholic scholars... Whatever they input in the bible is what Christians are reading and anybody debating this is just being ignorant. So saying that Catholicism is a cult is tantamount to shooting oneself in the foot.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by UbiPetrus: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
JoannaSedley:
If Catholicism is a cult then that means that Christianity is a big fat lie from the word go.. You can't take one and leave the other.

Where are the scrolls, papyrus and books written by the ancient prophets and disciples kept? Vatican library.Every manuscripts ever compiled into the bible is in the Vatican library.
Who used those works to compile what is known as the bible? Ancient Catholic scholars... Whatever they input in the bible is what Christians are reading and anybody debating this is just being ignorant. So saying that Catholicism is a cult is tantamount to shooting oneself in the foot.
Exactly.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
JoannaSedley:

first it was God that protected and preserved his word so there is no way they could have altered it. Secondly the scripture predated the roman catholic church,
Thirdly, Christianity is not roman catholism and vice versa.
The fact that the Israelites lived in Egypt doesn't mean Egypt was God's chosen land in the same way the fact that the the roman catholic church compiled the bible doesn't make it God's church.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by JoannaSedley(f): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
solite3:
first it was God that protected and preserved his word so there is no way they could have altered it. Secondly the scripture predated the roman catholic church,
Thirdly, Christianity is not roman catholism and vice versa.
The fact that the Israelites lived in Egypt doesn't mean Egypt was God's chosen land in the same way the fact that the the roman catholic church compiled the bible doesn't make it God's church.
You lost me somewhere very remote.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10am On Apr 23, 2018
solite3:
cult:
. a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also :
its body of adherents

your Church is also a cult, just a small cult

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by IamPlato(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Rational explanation,

So why has modern day Christianity (mostly the Pentecostal and Protestant movement) forgotten or rather discarded this origin

Over The Years, Christianity Has Been Disintergrating... There Is No Unity Or Oneness. One Person Is Not Satisfied With The Doctrine Of The other hence, sees Reason To Correct It By Starting A New Ministry... It Began With Catholism and Then Anglicans Came Out Of It, Orthodox Comes Out Of Anglican, Pentecoastals also Breaks Loose... Every Body Interpreting the Bible In Ways That Best Suits Them..

Our Major Problem Is Church Doctrine(s) Being Placed Above Bible Doctrine...
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 09, 2018
JoannaSedley:
You lost me somewhere very remote.
sort yourself out
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 22, 2018
In my opinion, Catholicism is like being yoruba. One day, someone comes along and says Yoruba ethnicity is wrong and creates a refined tribe and says this is what being yoruba should be and gives it a fancy name and everybody forgets the origin of the tribe.

While this post is like comparing Yorubas, Benin people and Itsekiri and being surprised at the similarities between the tribes. If you dig in further, if you are interested you can learn more, if you can't, don't stare from afar and cryptically criticize it because you just noticed everybody had 2 eyes, 2 ears and 1 nose.

Why don't you go and research on Hinduism and Buddhism? Your head go just blow
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
analice107:

Rilayne001, You know why you laughing right? Deep down within you, you the truth. There's no point wasting words on you.[s][/s] You know allah is darkness, switch on your TV.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
analice107:

Rilayne001, You know why you laughing right? Deep down within you, you the truth. There's no point wasting words on you.[/s] You know allah is darkness,[s] switch on your TV.

I am not a Muslim bro
But

Taaaaaaaa
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ayobami7(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2018
this is my comment
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Yale9(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Rational explanation,

So why has modern day Christianity (mostly the Pentecostal and Protestant movement) forgotten or rather discarded this origin
Catholosicm is still what is known as "Christianity" on a global scale. Over 50% of the world's christian population are catholics. Hence globally, if u're christian u're presumed to be catholic. The protestants are in conflict with christianity itself.

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Yale9(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
analice107:

Rilayne001, You know why you laughing right? Deep down within you, you the truth. There's no point wasting words on you. You know allah is darkness, switch on your TV.
I'm Christian. But Shut up.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Yale9(m): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Suspect33:
Christianity began with the early church, not catholic church
the early church was the universal church.. which was later known as the catholic church when protestantism and division started. The purest form of christianity(catholicism) dates back to the very earliest moments

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2019
Wow impressive research. How come I am just seeing this cry
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2019
lepasharon:
There is another one you forgot,

they both have the book of Mary

and they both believe works rather than faith can get you salvation
“work your salvation” what does that verse mean then dear? Or just accepting Jesus and being disobedient can still synchronize?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by descartes400: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
pressplay411:

I wonder why you share the same origin and story with them then. Don't be ignorant. Same God of the Jews is the same God of Jesus and Mohammed.

More of a Tribal god than THE GOD GOD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / We Paid Twice For ‘prayer City’ – MFM’s Dr. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.