Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,377 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? (687 Views)

Opinion Poll: What Other Way Can PHCN Disconnect Light Than Climbing Pole? / Can Phcn Be Sued?? / Can PHCN Personnel Explain Why We Don't Have Same Hrs Of Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Agbotoba(m): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
Nigerians are used to so many things that they hv believd it is impossible to enjoy efficiency in power supply. Simply asked,can PHCN give us light for 24 hours non-stop? Comment either by yes/no pls and state reasons.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by slap1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lame!
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
u wan kill PHCN (POWER HAS CRUCIFIED NIGERIA) to bring 24 hours power supply? u want make Nigeria catch fire? poster u wicked oh!
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by emiwanlee(m): 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
this is a simple question mso the simple answer is NO
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by kidonig: 12:58am On Feb 02, 2010
Stupid question. Even an unborn child in the womb knows the answer. No, babu, mba, efian!!!!
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by faoni572(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
The simple answer is NO because if they can give us light 24hr Uninterrupted Supply, we would have been enjoying it long time ago.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by lannre(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2010
Can Nigeria move closer to the truth
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by naijaswag1: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
Go and look for your president and ask him that question.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by jumobi1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
If you say No then it means you have given up on Nigeria and that's sad. Stop being hopeless people. Its like saying Nigeria can never be great.
24hr electricity isn't even guaranteed in the US but i get what you are saying. YES they can give us power supply for 24hrs if they try but they choose not to.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Jaylon(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2010
Listen, we need private funds to help build the power sector. The reason gsm is successful is because it is private
sector driven. MTN, GLO, ZAIN etc came in with their funds, built their lines and pay their taxes.

There is no way PHCN can provide 24 hour uninterrupted power supply
as presently constituted. The power sector needs to be fully privitized
for us to reach the promise land.

As someone said on another thread, complete power privitization would overwhelmingly
favour Southern Nigeria because it is the backbone of commerce and industry in Nigeria.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by jumobi1(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2010
No doubt. I was thinking about it. We need an IBB or something to invest in that. I think this would cost more than 100 billion dollars so who is willing to put funds together? When would you break even?
I think its hard to privately invest in power.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by citizenY(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
They can , if they like bu the legislators are now the stumbling block.
Elumelu and him paddy for that cabin.

After the film show of an enquiry/power probe, where all the actors were indicted. Elumelu
decided to shoot his own film and he proved to be a better actor and since then
they have refused to release the film for us. The film only got to the Legislators cinema hall.
E neva reach Silverbird .

WATCH THIS SPACE
grin
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Jaylon(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
jumobi1:

No doubt. I was thinking about it. We need an IBB or something to invest in that. I think this would cost more than 100 billion dollars so who is willing to put funds together? When would you break even?
I think its hard to privately invest in power.

you are right, it is going to cost more than 100 billion dollars. but if the environment is right, investors will come.

and our environment is more than right. my brother, do you know how much money one stands to make in the power sector ? The demand for power is so huge. the telecoms are making billions of naira every month and this pales to the demand for electricity.

we need more than one investor, no one is going to come up with $100 billion all by themself.

The problem we have now is that, there is still govt intervention with the privitization scheme being put in place. The govt will be transmitting the power generated by the private firms under the proposed scheme.

This makes it less attractive - the power generators are not directly dealing with the final consumers as is the case with the telecoms.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

u wan kill PHCN (POWER HAS CRUCIFIED NIGERIA) to bring 24 hours power supply? u want make Nigeria catch fire? poster u wicked oh!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Agbotoba(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2010
Government claims there is an improvement in power supply despite public admission of not meeting target.
Re: Can Phcn Guarantee 24hr Uninterrupted Supply? by Fhemmmy: 3:09am On Feb 03, 2010
I dont think it will ever be possible, i think it is better for each state to be responsible for their own power generation

(1) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Retirement Benefits For Presiding Officers / Behind U.s. Prompt Statement On Yar'adua's Return / We’ll Cripple Nigeria - Yar-adua Apologize To Nigeria Militant Mend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.