Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring (2507 Views)

Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / It's Time For Restructuring, Yoruba Nation To Adopt Paradigm Shift - Gani Adams / Nnamdi KANU: Did The Call For Restructuring Go With Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by TheKingIsHere: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

Not true

Go through that link and you will see why he realized that it is foolishness to fight the Igbos

Go and read the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/3911977/why-it-wrong-tell-ipob

it has nothing to do with you

You made valid points on the thread, I even wanted to commend you but was engaged in schooling one ignoramus on another thread yesterday.

Well, I don't think fratermathy knew about the thread but last week on his own thread we discussed about it and I advised that he changed his mind.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Smoothie01(f): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2017
Warship:

Don't mind the Op

Having read this link below, he now realized that he has led his people to remain in a slave system called Old Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3911977/why-it-wrong-tell-ipob
I really don't know the op buh I've been on NL long enough to identify his type....I believe change is a constant....I'll give him benefit of the doubt

6 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by pazienza(m): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:
It's funny how the same you that has derided the struggle by exempting your group from the struggle now turns around to tell us how it's a metaphor for whatever. The problem i have with Nigerians is hypocrisy. I am not a Pro-Biafran person and even though i have not agreed with Nnamdi Kanu's methods, i have never thrown away the baby with the bath water. You have insulted IPOB members and Igbos and now you think you have the effrontery to being metaphor into the situation. Everybody should answer their papa name. If you have a grouse with the federal government, pick it up with them and don't hijack other peope's struggles to validate your own oppression.

You talk about Nnamdi Kanu's methods. Where were you when MEND were shelling the whole place. What can be worse than what MEND did and what Boko haram is doing. Yet, you care much about someone using his mouth to protest. Yes, he may have gone far a bit, but that's my opinion. if he had followed the rules of engagement, we wouldn't have been discussing this issue.

Like i said, everybody should answer their papa name. Urhobo is not part of Biafra both metaphorically and otherwise. We've heard that like a million times.

This is the Afam i have been waiting to see for a long time.

This reply is golden and well delivered.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by OVI75(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2017
As An Isokoman I have Natin Against Biafra.

Any Niger Deltan Against Biafra Knows Natin

6 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by pazienza(m): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2017
I wasn't invited to this party, but as usual, I had sensed some shades of Igbophobia in OPs long write up, so I had invited myself to this party, you can call me the party pooper, cos I will be back to dissect and provide proper rebuttal to OP write up.

8 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Sweetguy25: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2017
I hate when people say that Nigeria does not have an ethnic problem. The major reason why Nigeria died (Yes, Nigeria is dead) was because of ethnic issues.
Ethnic prejudice and bias are a serious problem in many African countries. Hence, it is shallow and ignorant to brush aside our ethnic problems. The elites are the ones holding this country together for obvious reasons. To the common man on the street, this country called Nigeria is nothing but a farce.

I have always thought about restructuring as a way out even long before the current purveyors of the term arrived. But I no longer support a restructured Nigeria because I don't know how that is going to work out. I doubt if this country will ever be restructured.

5 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2017
"Alaafin of Oyo backs restructuring, says current system retrogressive"

The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, on Monday in Ibadan backed calls for Nigeria’s restructuring, stressing that the present arrangement would not allow states in Nigeria to develop at their own pace.

The monarch spoke at the public presentation of a biography and postscript titled, ‘Samuel Ladoke Akintola in the eyes of history’, which was written by Femi Kehinde.

According to Alaafin, the North was favoured in terms of revenue allocation because while more states and council areas were created in the region, the southern states had yet to enjoy similar opportunity.

He said, “The first time that the Federal Government would interfere in state affairs began when the government at the centre interfered in the feud between Akintola and (the late Chief Obafemi) Awolowo. The government, in support of Akintola, declared a state of emergency in the old Western Region, snowballing into a serious crisis.

Read more ==> http://punchng.com/alaafin-backs-restructuring-says-current-system-retrogressive/

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

You made valid points on the thread, I even wanted to commend you but was engaged in schooling one ignoramus on another thread yesterday.

Well, I don't think fratermathy knew about the thread but last week on his own thread we discussed about it and I advised that he changed his mind.

You are right. I didn't even see the thread that the guy was yapping about. And yes, I did take your advice.

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
nengibo:
Nice post by fratermathy
One of your suggestions got my attention
"Every ethnic nationality should have at least one State to itself so that they can create their future however they deem fit.

How many states do you think that would be? 250 states if each tribe assuming each is given one, doesn't seem feasible. As an Izon tubo myself I would suggest a system similar to the Tribal self government of native Indians in America

I understand. But even if ethnicities were to form a State, I think it should be on mutual understanding too.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Olusharp(m): 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
fratermathy:

Try and read the post well again, in case you didn't.
pls put me into consideration, reply my mail.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by chimeee: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
fratermathy:

You seem to misconstrue the aim of this post.

1. This is MY PERSONAL opinion. It has NOTHING to do with Urhobo or Urhobo's position on whatever and as seen in this post, I never brought up anything that implied that.

2. Whatever I may have said or done in the past has NOTHING to do with what I am doing NOW. People's opinion change due to a lot of reasons.

3. I was not a member or supporter of MEND and I have never said I subscribed to their methods. I don't know where you got that idea from.

4. Take your time and read the post again so see that this has NOTHING to do with Urhobo or even the South-South per se. It is a strictly Biafran thing and anyone can write on it (whether assenting or dissenting). After all, we all have freedom of speech, or don't we?

5. You guys really need to learn how to separate people's opinions from the ethnicities they come from. That is one of the issues my article addressed too. The voice of an ethnicity is conveyed in press releases by the apex socio-political groups and leaders of such ethnicities.

6. And this post does not, in any way, means I support Biafra now. It is only an OPINION and should be taken as what it is.
i Concore with u except that biafra Is a metaphor, It might be metaphor in the past it has move beyond that now,is no longer a metaphor,
2 nnamdi kanu didn't consult the south Eastern elder because this people doesn't know much or even care about the plight of the youth, u are still right of about him reaching to other ethnic nationality for them to be activily involve because being an igbo man, people may begin to see it as igbo stuff but am quit sure that he viewed ss and se as one.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by omoharry(f): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
attackgat:
I think that whoever wrote this should better face reality. The Urohbo nation simply does not have the numbers to ever be an effective voice in Nigeria. The Urohbo nation will always be a prisoner of Nigeria unless either of two things happen, restructuring or Biafra. There are no two ways about it. Using the Biafran agitation as a smokescreen to demand restructuring is not going to wash on Biafran agitators.

For those who do not know, the core North will never allow an inch of Nigeria to be restructured. The are standing at all the doors and they are holding the keys at the National Assembly. You can shout restructuring all you like but the North will never let it happen because they will lose big.

As for the Biafran agitation, when referendum comes, Urohbos can vote to continue with Nigeria while we get Anioma out.
I am from the south south..what if the Aniomas' refuses to go with Biafra, will you force them? the only supporters you have are mostly minority grass root youth as compared to the majoirty elite that do not trust Biafra..you guys are too aggressive and arrogant..what makes you people different from the devil we already have.No peace loving ethnic group would want to jump from fry pan to fire and join you people..you Biafrans are no better than the terrible northerners we are putting up with already.You force people without due consultation and shut them up when they show their grievances what now makes you better than your oppressor.You abuse people from the north, the west as well as the south south. then who are your allies? you guys should just better list your five states of Biafra and push for your referendum but do not force any ethnic group into you Biafra without due consultation. I use to be sympathetic the course of Biafra but i discovered that the people in the struggle are not any better.Its only fools that do not take to corrections.

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by attackgat: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
omoharry:
I am from the south south..what if the Aniomas' refuses to go with Biafra, will you force them? the only supporters you have are mostly minority grass root youth as compared to the majoirty elite that do not trust Biafra..you guys are too aggressive and arrogant..what makes you people different from the devil we already have.No peace loving ethnic group would want to jump from fry pan to fire and join you people..you Biafrans are no better than the terrible northerners we are putting up with already.You force people without due consultation and shut them up when they show their grievances what now makes you better than your oppressor.You abuse people from the north, the west as well as the south south. then who are your allies? you guys should just better list your five states of Biafra and push for your referendum but do not force any ethnic group into you Biafra without due consultation. I use to be sympathetic the course of Biafra but i discovered that the people in the struggle are not any better.Its only fools that do not take to corrections.

You are from where? You dont know the name of your ethnic group any more? You people have stolen the lands of several ethnic groups including indigenous Igbos into this so called 'South South'.

You are only allowed to speak for your ethnic group and nobody else. Did anyone consult anyone before making them Nigerian?

When the time of referendum comes, vote to continue with Nigeria. This clarion call is for those who are tired of Nigeria and want to go.

6 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Dedetwo(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
The zoo called Nigeria is one place on earth where the goofy human-look-alike talk about restructure without remotely telling the composite state to be restructured. A place where the so-called professors in the international law do not know that Self-Determination is the cardinal principle of international law. What a dumbass country.

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by fratermathy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
Olusharp:
pls put me into consideration, reply my mail.

I saw your mail.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Olusharp(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
fratermathy:

I saw your mail.
I am for real.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by irrefragable: 2:22am On Jul 13, 2017
@fratermathy, please Biafra is not a metaphor for restructuring. If you want restructuring, go out there and lead your people in protest against the government and receive your own bullets.

The urhobo nation has the full rights to say where they want to belong when the time comes: restructured Nigeria, biafra or ND but please don't attempt to tell Biafrans what they want. They've given too much for this already.

And lastly please stop hiding under the Biafran agitation to post nonsense. You told us the urhobo nation is not part of Biafra, why did you have to start your thread with ''Biafra as a metaphor for restructuring" Why not "urhobo as a metaphor for restructuring"?

4 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Warship: 2:31am On Jul 13, 2017
irrefragable:
@fratermathy, please Biafra is not a metaphor for restructuring. If you want restructuring, go out there and lead your people in protest against the government and receive your own bullets.

The urhobo nation has the full rights to say where they want to belong when the time comes: restructured Nigeria, biafra or ND but please don't attempt to tell Biafrans what they want. They've given too much for this already.

And lastly please stop hiding under the Biafran agitation to post nonsense. You told us the urhobo nation is not part of Biafra, why did you have to start your thread with ''Biafra as a metaphor for restructuring" Why not "urhobo as a metaphor for restructuring"?

Don't mind Fratermathy

He has realized the hopelessness of the present Nigeria system and wants to use the Biafran struggle to liberate his people from the clutches of slavery bestowed upon his Urhobo people by the system

Fratermathy, Urhobos are not Biafrans as you said

Pls, tell your people to go into the streets and fight for Restructuring.
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Olusharp(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
fratermathy:

I saw your mail.
yes sir, pls should I count on your assistance?
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by facelessangel: 3:27am On Jul 14, 2017
I took my time line by line to really understand where the op is coming from, the issue with my people in the south is cowardice except for the Igbos. The middle beltans are even braver than my southern neighbours.

What l would say is that they should thank lgbos for being part of the South. If Igbos are ready to challange the federal government again after all the suffered in the hands of the Nigeria, that will tell you how resolute and fearless they are. Remember this our brothers in the south and Yorubas worked tirelessly making sure lgbos were defeated and humiliated. Last war

Today, we are worse of. Look at the whole South feeding the whole North, building their cities and roads with the money from Niger Delta. Look at the East West road and Second Niger bridge the politics behind them. Its realy a shame. This is just to mention but a few of the injustice going on in Nigeria.

Its obvious that majority of southerner are tired of this usless union. The Igbos have decided to bell the cat still the whole of the south are still scared of the North. Biafra is a movement, stop fighting Biafra. Fight your own battle.

Do you think that if Yorubas will summon up courage and Nigerdelta also keep saying they are leaving, that the Northerners will not beg for restructuring? The middle Beltans are already tired of the this northerners.

What has Biafra done to you? what ever Nnamdi Kanus hate speeches are is as a result of frustration of the weakness of our brothers in the South. Who are the Fulanis by the way? Why are Yorubas so afraid of them? Why cant Yorubas start theirown agitation for restructuring? why cant Niger Deltans agitate to liberate themselves. If you dont want to be part of Biafra good for you.

Yorubas fight for your freedom because you are under bondage too. Stop jumping into every biafray thread to spew rubbish. The only game changer that can change Nigeria is Biafra. Othewise Nigeria is finished.

Hausa Fulanis are small boys. They might have everthing in the military but we are not dettered. But waiting for Biafra to start a war again and you watch from the sideline to see who will win so that you can now join will be treacherous and will backfire devastatenly.

A word of advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Opharhe: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
fratermathy:
Wow! I never planned for this post to be this long. I guess I had much to really say. Please if you didn't take the time to read it, refrain from commenting on it so that there won't be a "pragma-linguistic misfire", or misunderstanding. If you aim is to derail the thread, just know that you are free to but I won't help you to do that. This article is just an OPINION, directed more towards the Federal Government than anyone else.

CC:
Seun
Sanchez01
Opharhe
Efewestern
Amarabae
Afam4eva
Cumbak85
Nengibo
Oloripapa
Amberon11
Evestar2009
Bigfrancis21
Ntoakwaibom
HungerBAD
TheKingisHere
Nicho118
TonyeBarcanista
Omenkalives
Sarrki
Nwaamaikpe
Ishilove
Mynd44
NgeneUkwenu
Tonychristopher
Make I mark register first cheesy
I don't have much to say here. You've done good justice to this matter. I must confess, I'm glad about this present stance of yours. Nigeria is not working and will never work like this. Something just has to give and this CHANGE we seek will be of benefit to the generality our people.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by IkpuMmadu: 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
fratermathy:
Wow! I never planned for this post to be this long. I guess I had much to really say. Please if you didn't take the time to read it, refrain from commenting on it so that there won't be a "pragma-linguistic misfire", or misunderstanding. If you aim is to derail the thread, just know that you are free to but I won't help you to do that. This article is just an OPINION, directed more towards the Federal Government than anyone else.

CC:
Seun
Sanchez01
Opharhe
Efewestern
Amarabae
Afam4eva
Cumbak85
Nengibo
Oloripapa
Amberon11
Evestar2009
Bigfrancis21
Ntoakwaibom
HungerBAD
TheKingisHere
Nicho118
TonyeBarcanista
Omenkalives
Sarrki
Nwaamaikpe
Ishilove
Mynd44
NgeneUkwenu
Tonychristopher

I dont think urhobo is part of the Biafra stuff

Fight your wars

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by IkpuMmadu: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
omoharry:

Is south south a tribe or a cardinal point

I am anioma and i can't leave my Igbo brethren for some urhobo ijaw set up

Inugo

2 Likes

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Ishilove: 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Hian. Your user name...

smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:51am On Jul 19, 2017
Ishilove:
Hian. Your user name...
smh
Lmao!!!

1 Like

Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by IkpuMmadu: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Isn't it great ?

Ishilove:

Hian. Your user name...

smh
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by tonychristopher: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
IT IS PATHETIC HOW SOME PEOPLE WILL POSTULATE SOME FUNNY THINGS.... THE ISSUE IS THAT I PERSONALLY DONT LIKE TALKING THIS BIAFRA ISH..BUT AS IT HAS BEEN SAID THE OP REFUSED TO LET US UNDERSTAND WHAT HE MEANT BY SOUTH SOUTH

THEW LAST TIME I CHECKED...THERE ARE TONS OF IGBO INDIGENOUS TO NIGER DELTA...THEY ARE ABOUT 50% OF BIGGER DELTA..AND IT WILL BE FOOLISH IF THEY THINK THAT THEIR BROTHERS IN EAST WILL ABANDON THEM. IGBO DO NOT DO THAT AND

SECONDLY, I WONDER HOW BIAFRA IS A PARADFOX, IGBO HAVE MADE THEIR POSITION KNOWN the LAST 50YRS AND STILL STAND BY IT...I DO KNOW THEY ARE FOCUSED ON IT...I THINK THE OP AND HIS PEOPLE SHOULD EITHER FIGHT THEIR OWN WAR AND AGITATE THEIR AGITATIONS AND STOP RIDING ON THE BACK OF BIAFRA...IT IS EITHER THEY ALIGN OR DESIGN THEIR POSITION.

I AM IGBO, BUT I AM NOT A PYROMANIAC, SO WHAT I HAVE COME TO CONCLUDE IS:

IF BIAFRA WILL COME, IT WILL COME....IF ITS DESTINES...NO EPISTLE CAN STOP IT

OP...STOP CRYIMNG MORE TJHAN THE BEREAVED ...IGBO CAN TAKE IKWERRE BROTHERS THAT WANT TO BE WITH THEM..EXCEPT HOPEATHAND...WHERE IS THAT CLOWN PER EXCELLENCE

fratermathy:

CC:
Seun
Sanchez01
Opharhe
Efewestern
Amarabae
Afam4eva
Cumbak85
Nengibo
Oloripapa
Amberon11
Evestar2009
Bigfrancis21
Ntoakwaibom
HungerBAD
TheKingisHere
Nicho118
TonyeBarcanista
Omenkalives
Sarrki
Nwaamaikpe
Ishilove
Mynd44
NgeneUkwenu
Tonychristopher
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
[s][/s]t
nengibo:
Nice post by fratermathy
One of your suggestions got my attention
"Every ethnic nationality should have at least one State to itself so that they can create their future however they deem fit.

How many states do you think that would be? 250 states if each tribe assuming each is given one, doesn't seem feasible. As an Izon tubo myself I would suggest a system similar to the Tribal self government of native Indians in America
[/s]

TrashTrash[s]
Re: On The Metaphorical Implication Of Biafra And The Need For Restructuring by khSteel: 3:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Smoothie01:
The truth is most ethnic groups do not want to be at the fore-front of wateva revolution that could happen in Nigeria, they'd rather hope that things fall into place and knowing Nigeria too well, they'll be hoping for a long time.

At the same time, no group would want to remain in Nigeria if/when the Igbos seceeds successfully....this implies that every group hope to benefit from the struggle they never supported in the first place ....No doubt we all want a big change, We have to give Kanu some credit, imperfect though he is....Look around, Everyone seems to be discussing the country's structure.
If any group really want to get smtin from this country, they should focus on getting it and not wasting time finding faults in others....In a honest business venture, u focus on how to be sucessful and better than competition and not on spoiling the image of competition....
I av my reservations about kanu's approach buh it's not as bad as wah his critics paint it to be....and the reason is most pple are used to talking trash about Igbos and getting away with it...Now they can't do that no more

Thank you for this.

For years, they had unrestrained outpouring of their HATEFUL heart contents on Igbos and got away with it. Now, the young Igbos won't allow such any longer without crowding the ignorant fools out with their own hate. That's why you start hearing such useless narratives - Igbos/Igbos likes insults, the only thing Igbos/Igbos do is insults, etc. The fools only want to dish out what they can't handle.

To them, hating Igbos, trash-talking Igbos is normal to them, they can't understand why Igbos are refuting their useless narratives and stating the truth as-is. Social media has really helped Igbos tell their stories and haters can't stand it nor do anything about it any longer unlike when the control all advertising agencies in Nigeria and determine the kind of stories media houses publish before they can get patronage in advert sales/placement.

@post
Urhobo is not & will never be Biafra.

Leave IPOB and whatever they are doing wrong.

Focus on your people and do whatever you feel its right for them.

Choose your strategy however you like.

Trust me, NO IGBO will come and tell you - it's right or wrong.

Enjoy your peace and allow Igbos theirs.

Stop this your obsession & useless long trash about Igbos/Igbos.

Grow up and choose your cause for the betterment of yours.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jordan Donates 200 Armoured Fighting Vehicles To Nigeria / Ahmad Musa And Shehu Abdullahi.. Sharing Money To The Sick Patient. / Governor Fayose's Brother Shares Video Of Herdsmen Moving Their Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.