Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) (2269 Views)

Iran Fires Missile At Mock US Aircraft Carrier During Exercise (Photos) / Ethiopia Admits Shooting Down Kenyan Aircraft Taking Medical Supplies To Somalia / Kunlong: China Unveils World's Largest Amphibious Aircraft For Marine Rescue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:01am On Jul 11, 2017
At least eight people are dead after a U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 airplane from Tennessee crashed into a soybean field in Mississippi Monday after possibly suffering a structural failure, officials say.

Alan Hammons, an official with the Greenwood Airport, said the plane suffered a structural failure at 20,000 feet that caused it to plunge into field.

The official Twitter account of the U.S. Marine Corps. tweeted that a 'USMC KC-130 mishap occurred the evening of July 10.

Further information will be released as available.'Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Sarah Burns said in a statement that a Marine aircraft 'experienced a mishap' Monday evening.

Alan Hammons, an official with the Greenwood Airport, told CBS affiliate WNBD-D1 that eight least eight bodies have been recovered.

It's been reported that the plane was carrying nine people when it departed Tennessee and it is believed to have exploded in mid-air, WLBT reported.

http://www.news.com.au/world/mississippi-c130-hercules-crash-believed-to-have-killed-nine/news-story/22e00068e19b68ceed1b03022b483f22

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4683912/Military-plane-crashes-Mississippi-killing-six-people.html

1 Like

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:01am On Jul 11, 2017
WHAT IS A KC-130 AIRCRAFT?

The KC-130 family of transport aircrafts are primarily used by both the the U.S. Air Force and the U.S. Marine Corps.

The aircraft, which is manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is also sometimes utilized by other branches of the military to transport vehicles, personnel and equipment.

While also having the capacity to simultaneously refuel two fighter aircraft at 300 gallons per minute.

The KC-130J is the latest variant of the planes to be operated by the U.S. Marine Corps, according to Lockheed Martin.

'It is battle-tested and delivers unmatched tanking capabilities delivering fuel to a multitude of platforms, from helicopters to the F-35B Lightning II, the world's most advanced 5th generation multirole fighter,' according to the Lockheed Martin website.

So far, 48 KC-130J planes have been made by Lockheed Martin of the 79 ordered by the military.

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by MrJorge(m): 4:13am On Jul 11, 2017
Hmm...
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by MrJorge(m): 4:16am On Jul 11, 2017
R.I.P to the dead.
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by don4ye: 4:22am On Jul 11, 2017
16 people dead.

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:28am On Jul 11, 2017
don4ye:
16 people dead.

They keep updating, the number can go higher sometimes.
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 11, 2017
Explorers:
WHAT IS A KC-130 AIRCRAFT?

It is battle-tested and delivers unmatched tanking capabilities delivering fuel to a multitude of platforms, from helicopters to the F-35B Lightning II, the world's most advanced 5th generation multirole fighter,' according to the Lockheed Martin website.

I have told you to STOP brainwashing my people with this made-in-amerika propaganda. The F-35B is not, and will never be the world's most advanced 5th generation multirole fighter.

Now read this....

Yet Another F-35 Fighter Catches Fire

A Marine Corps F-35B Joint Strike Fighter caught fire in mid-air, causing at least two million dollars in damage to the aircraft.

The aircraft landed safely and the pilot was unharmed. It's the third fire for the controversial jet. grin cheesy grin

The incident took place on October 27th, when a F-35B part of Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501 caught fire in the internal weapons bay. The F-35 has two internal bays, meant to hide weapons inside the aircraft's bulk and preserve the plane's stealthy form.

The cause of the fire was unknown but the accident is under investigation. The accident was classified as a "Class A," which means that at least two million dollars' worth of damage was estimated to have been done to the aircraft.

Source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a23757/f-35-fighter-catches-fire/

This flying bicycle cannot even match or stand up to Russia's Mig-35 or SU-35 in any way.

Now, before any of you “copy & paste” Amerikan arm-chair analysts start quoting me up & down about the F-35 being stealthy, remember there's nothing like STEALTH to Russia's S-300, S-400 & S-350. grin cheesy grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Oblitz(m): 5:17am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by ikp120(m): 5:25am On Jul 11, 2017
If na Nigeria now, you go see some idiots with low self esteem issues masturbating on this thread.

I wonder when my people will value themselves more than they value foreigners.

It's just the same way guys see girls. Most guys place more value on girls than their fellow guys. But most girls behave like the world revolves around their bum bum.

It's already becoming a norm. But I won't be part of that shît.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 11, 2017
OMG!
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by ojkalito(m): 5:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Damn
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by lionlee216(m): 5:52am On Jul 11, 2017
don4ye:
16 people dead.

I sight you.. how studies?
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by MOSTEC(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2017
the US military as been inflitrated by russians...

.....take it or leave it

....they ave a gradually lossing the place as world power.....

.....either china or russia will take over....
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by dfrost: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2017
MOSTEC:
the US military as been inflitrated by russians...

.....take it or leave it

....they ave a gradually lossing the place as world power.....

.....either china or russia will take over....

.....take it or leave it - it won't happen wink.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2017
Zoharariel:

I have told you to STOP brainwashing my people with this made-in-amerika propaganda. The F-35B is not, and will never be the world's most advanced 5th generation multirole fighter.

Now read this....

Yet Another F-35 Fighter Catches Fire

A Marine Corps F-35B Joint Strike Fighter caught fire in mid-air, causing at least two million dollars in damage to the aircraft.

The aircraft landed safely and the pilot was unharmed. It's the third fire for the controversial jet. grin cheesy grin

The incident took place on October 27th, when a F-35B part of Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron 501 caught fire in the internal weapons bay. The F-35 has two internal bays, meant to hide weapons inside the aircraft's bulk and preserve the plane's stealthy form.

The cause of the fire was unknown but the accident is under investigation. The accident was classified as a "Class A," which means that at least two million dollars' worth of damage was estimated to have been done to the aircraft.

Source: http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a23757/f-35-fighter-catches-fire/

This flying bicycle cannot even match or stand up to Russia's Mig-35 or SU-35 in any way.

Now, before any of you “copy & paste” Amerikan arm-chair analysts start quoting me up & down about the F-35 being stealthy, remember there's nothing like STEALTH to Russia's S-300, S-400 & S-350. grin cheesy grin
I think say US airforce planes No dey crash cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by don4ye: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
Explorers:

They keep updating, the number can go higher sometimes.

Right.
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by don4ye: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
lionlee216:

I sight you.. how studies?

Fine sir and you?

Miss you sir.
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Xbee007(m): 1:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
seunny4lif:

If this were to happen in Nigeria, you will be amazed at how the whole world and some Nigerians would mock us.
During the Rann Bombing incident, Americans were all over the internet asking foolish questions like "how did Nigeria have a fighter jet." "Oh, I never knew they could fly one, lol."
Meanwhile, they are number one mass murder, every day their pilots kill innocent civilians in their sorties, whether in schools or hospitals. They just bomb anything and get away with. They have ran out of f*cks.
In 2015, they bombed an hospital in Afghanistan for over three hours.
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Xbee007:

If this were to happen in Nigeria, you will be amazed at how the whole world and some Nigerians would mock us.
During the Rann Bombing incident, Americans were all over the internet asking foolish questions like "how did Nigeria have a fighter jet." "Oh, I never knew they could fly one, lol."
Meanwhile, they are number one mass murder, every day their pilots kill innocent civilians in their sorties, whether in schools or hospitals. They just bomb anything and get away with. They have ran out of f*cks.
In 2015, they bombed an hospital in Afghanistan for over three hours.
I think say na only me too dey observe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by ajalawole(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
chai.......... RIP to the dead sad
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by medolab90(m): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Rip to the dead
Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
seunny4lif:

25 December 2016 – a Tupolev Tu-154 jetliner owned by the Russian Defense Ministry crashed 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) off the coast of Sochi while en-route to Khmeimim Air Base in Syria. The aircraft had flown from Chkalovsky Airport and had landed at Sochi to refuel and all the 92 passengers and crew aboard died too. Stop celebrating foolishness

1 Like

Re: U.S. Marine Corps KC-130 Refuelling Aircraft Crashes, Killed 16(Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
25 December 2016 – a Tupolev Tu-154 jetliner owned by the Russian Defense Ministry crashed 1.5 kilometers (0.9 miles) off the coast of Sochi while en-route to Khmeimim Air Base in Syria. The aircraft had flown from Chkalovsky Airport and had landed at Sochi to refuel and all the 92 passengers and crew aboard died too. Stop celebrating foolishness
You mumu no be small grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Reactions As US Secret Service Screens People,as US Vice President Visits Ghana / Police Brutality In America With Pictures - You Will Be Surprised! / Saudi Securities Arrest Harish For Hate Speech.. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.