Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos (39424 Views)

Borno Donates 70 Patrol Vehicles To ‎Army, Police, Others, To Fight Boko Haram / Sanwo-olu Donates 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles To Security Forces / Shallow Grave Where General Alkali Was Buried Discovered By Army (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Are you this dumb or you are just pretending? Do you even understand what you are copying? What does "It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations" mean to you? You sure you went to school? grin

You seem to be a full time mumu.

The infantry patrol vehicle (ipv) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the ipv has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The ipv is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

Those that look like direct action to you?

Mumu army man. grin grin grin
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

The infantry patrol vehicle (ipv) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the ipv has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The ipv is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

Just too s.tupid. it said "all tasks". What you listed are some of the tasks it would be used for. All tasks. Which includes combat operations. It's confirmed, you are a m.oron. cheesy
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Skubidude(m): 5:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Lol. grin The mumu change topic quick quick when e see say e don phuck up. Lol. I think you know pass soldier.
Meanwhile, obviously you cannot read;

Buratai said that the platform would further serve as force motivation, as efforts were being stepped up to clear remnants of Boko Haram terrorists in the Northeast, noting that the vehicles had already been deployed to the region

S.tupid boy, the vehicles have already been deployed to a war zone. Ode.

That guy na real Ode, I tot i was the only one that notice his foolish post upandan. Dude trying to form and sound intelligent but ended up showcasing crass ignorance for the whole to see. Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
Skubidude:

That guy na real Ode, I tot i was the only one that notice his foolish post upandan. Dude trying to form and sound intelligent but ended up showcasing crass ignorance for the whole to see. Lmao.

The thing just tire me. Wish I had Henry240 in my sights one day lol.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

Asked my Soldier to send you a message. Told him what you said and he nearly died of laughter.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Blue3k(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Why do people who have no combat or millitary knowledge feel need to give their ignorants opinions on topic? The IPV is similar to whats used by other nations. Lol Nigerians lover to wail.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by thinkmoney(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
quiverfull:
Indeed this is a good development. However, I'm not an automobile design engineer, but common sense dictates that a military craft should have both defense and offense mechanisms. The occupants of those automobiles are way too exposed. The vehicles should have some cover/protection.
one observation again is that for he machine gun at the front will be obstructed by the windscreen rod. it wount be able to revolve easily. but its good move. their will be later more developed edition s
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by hakanai(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

The design is very okay, although we could refine our metallurgy skills quite further. This is my answer to a similar question earlier posed. I used Russia because it is easier for others who might not know to see that these type of vehicles are used around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5rN4hbGzzo
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by piagetskinner(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
nice one Nigerian Army....

I remember driving this kind of military vehicle during my days of playing "Battle field"

very easy to handle grin
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Jaqenhghar: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

Asked my Soldier to send you a message. Told him what you said and he nearly died of laughter.

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by banmee(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

You sef. grin How are you liking stephen colbert?
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Bondesniger(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
NICE ONE
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by KingGBsky(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

Method of employment determines how vehicles are designed.

This one is designed as a Light Strike Vehicle, or a Rapid Response Vehicle/Recon vehicle. Hence the build is very adequate for it's role.

Here is a similar vehicle used by Russian and US Special Forces.

Notice the similarities?

Thanks for educating the boy...
Everyone forming counter opposing any good achievement...
but if you ask them what they have created..

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by KingGBsky(m): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

Method of employment determines how vehicles are designed.

This one is designed as a Light Strike Vehicle, or a Rapid Response Vehicle/Recon vehicle. Hence the build is very adequate for it's role.

Here is a similar vehicle used by Russian and US Special Forces.

Notice the similarities?

Thanks for educating the boy...
Everyone forming counter opposing any good achievement...
but if you ask them what they have invented ...

1 Like

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by loadedvibes: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mr open brain I hear you
Ijaya123:

You should rather open your brain and put it to good and beneficial use instead of those senseless comments.

No offense intended.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by sfinkzslot(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
Well try BUT no max damage in an ambush situation, flesh can't stop bullets
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by IbBarham(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nice development.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by mechanics(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
kudos to the Nigeria army
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Jaqenhghar: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
banmee:

You sef. grin How are you liking stephen colbert?
Havent watched him in awhile. Been busy
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by od501: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
....nd for all this idiots wy dy shout no election in Anambra, better go fabricate ur own cos Na una dem go use test -run this stuff!
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by lexy2014: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Henry240:

[b]They are not designed [/b]to be built or used with armour. You use the vehicle for roles were it's advantages are maximized.

It's advantages are;

- It is air transportable, this means that it is so light, the Nigerian army can simply sling it under a Nigerian Air Force helicopter and take to anywhere operations are to take place against any enemy.

- Firepower, for such a small vehicle, you can see the amount of firepower it can bring to bear on the enemy. A 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun, and a 7.62mm Light Machine Gun

- It is an All Terrain Vehicle, it can be used in all the terrains, very important advantage. The enemy cannot hide.

- Speed, it is a very fast vehicle both on and off-road

- Thermal cameras, you can see cameras visible in the vehicle, this means for night raids, commandos can sneak up on the enemy and let hell lose, without having to turn on vehicle headlamps.

- Situational awareness, this means since the vehicle is open, the soldiers are constantly aware of their surroundings and movements around the area, unlike in a vehicle with armour.

The vehicles brings so much advantages, as such no armour is required. You can see the soldiers are all wearing bulletproof vests, that's all the armour they would need.
when it comes 2 design there are no limits. D only limits are those d designer places on his imagination. D advantages u highlighted are noted and I wasn't contesting these. My interest was safety of d men. as u no bullet proof vests cover just d chest& d back. 4d driver of these vehicles, his chest and back are hidden behind his steering and seat respectively. his head and arms are exposed, sitting duck 4a good sniper. once u take out d driver, its a done deal
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by litaninja(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2017
Over exposed biko. I been think they wan go do GoKart with am sef....

quiverfull:
Indeed this is a good development. However, I'm not an automobile design engineer, but common sense dictates that a military craft should have both defense and offense mechanisms. The occupants of those automobiles are way too exposed. The vehicles should have some cover/protection.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by FYTnRUN: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2017
Liars! Which locally fabricated.. Highest, may have been assembled here.. I can see the vehicle having Chinese inscriptions on it as part of the camouflage design..

Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by darkhorizon: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2017
quiverfull:

It is a special force fast attack vehicle, that is how they are worldwide.
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by durodendus: 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wetin de. wrong wit 2 of u
Re: Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos by Horus(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwTKkxFwjlE

This Is Made In Nigeria By The Nigerian Army

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

George Akume Celebrates Buhari's Victory In Open Roof Car In Makurdi / Shehu Sani Reacts To Omoyele Sowore's Arrest / New Look Of Bama, A City That Was Once Taken Over By Boko Haram (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.