Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) (26782 Views)

Modu Sheriff Dies In Fire Outbreak / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by slinkman(m): 10:33am On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:
Too the loser of the battle btw this two at the Supreme Court, I'm thinking Makarfi would lose anyways and then I can't wait for all those who claimed they would retire or leave the PDP keep to their words. Oya: Bode George, Ayo Peterson the rock Fayose etc. I dey wait.
what finally happened? Buhahahaha grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2017
The Supreme Court today sacked Ali Sheriff as the National Chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

The court has also declared Ahmed Makarfi, the caretaker committee chairman, as the authentic leader of the PDP, Nigeria’s largest opposition party.

Source: http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/07/just-in-supreme-court-declares-makarfi.html

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by spartan117(m): 10:38am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

GEJ should stop seeking relevance in PDP, he is a failure.
Makarfi should respect the Supreme Court's ruling and go engage in fish farming.
Shebi u can eat ur silly words now grin

3 Likes

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by senatordave1(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2017
What a bad news.anyway pdp is already fractured and divided and would remain so.up apc,down pdp
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by malware: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2017
PhantomD:
Brother u no know wetin u dey talk...

OK SIR!
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by BraniacX(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Let me petch my tent here for Observation mood.

#TeamSheriff cheesy cheesy
sorry oh! embarassed ndo! Ekpele oh! Don't cry
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by spartan117(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:
Too the loser of the battle btw this two at the Supreme Court, I'm thinking Makarfi would lose anyways and then I can't wait for all those who claimed they would retire or leave the PDP keep to their words. Oya: Bode George, Ayo Peterson the rock Fayose etc. I dey wait.
U still dey wait? Eya cry u go grow white hair buhahahaha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by BraniacX(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

Makarfi should respect the Supreme Court's ruling and go engage in fish farming.

grin
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by spartan117(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:
Too the loser of the battle btw this two at the Supreme Court, I'm thinking Makarfi would lose anyways and then I can't wait for all those who claimed thhey would retire or leave the PDP keep to their words. Oya: Bode George, Ayo Peterson the rock Fayose etc. I dey wait.
U still dey wait? Eya cry u go grow white hair buhahahaha grin

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by nazzyon(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2017
Supreme Court upholds Markafi-led PDP committee

By Newsdesk

The Supreme Court has upheld the Ahmed Makarfi led Caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) as the authentic committee.

In its ruling on Wednesday, the Apex Court held that the appeal filed by Makarfi at the Federal High Court in P/H was not an abuse of court process as wrongly held by the majority judgment of the Court of Appeal.

Resolving the preliminary issue, the Supreme Court has dismissed the preliminary objection by the Ali Modu Sheriff faction, holding that the appeal by the Ahmed Makarfi faction was valid.

Read more: http://www.theguildng.com/supreme-court-upholds-markafi-led-pdp-committee/

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by TheFreeOne: 10:46am On Jul 12, 2017
malware:

Sheriff being Buhari's inlaw has no direct or indirect imapct on PDP affairs because even blood brothers do contest elections on different political platforms

Northerners will always be northerners when it comes to national politics / elections.

They aren't like the southerners where most have a mind of their own and hardly have a 'common front' when fighting for the presidency.

You either believe it or not but being Buhari inlaw has impact on it.

1 Like

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by malware: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Northerners will always be northerners when it comes to national politics / elections.

They aren't like the southerners where most have a mind of their own and hardly have a 'common front' when fighting for the presidency.

but late Yar'adua and Buhari, two politicians from the same state contested for the same post under different political parties. What can you say about that?
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by finni(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2017
...and Makarfi is a southerner?
TheFreeOne:

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by joncom(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

You will eat humble pie now. #who_is_fisherman_now?

1 Like

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by nero2face: 11:10am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

Bros dey greet oh, what's ur blood pressure right now ?, Sheriff is sacked !!

1 Like

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by vincebazo(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2017
A.P.C. WILL SOON NOW THE STRAIGHT OF THE OPPOSITION grin grin
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by TheFreeOne: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2017
malware:

but late Yar'adua and Buhari, two politicians from the same state contested for the same post under different political parties. What can you say about that?
Are both not northerners?

The issue at hand is about now and the permutations then aren't the same.

Based on present tensed political atmosphere will northerners massively vote for an igbo/yoruba president if anyone from the regions decide to contest in 2019 assuming PDP gave the ticket to a southerner
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by TheFreeOne: 11:17am On Jul 12, 2017
finni:
...and Makarfi is a southerner?

The issue is about virile opposition that a sheriff chairmanship cannot provide.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Taovic86(m): 11:18am On Jul 12, 2017
Ajeku iyaa nio jee, eni ti o to ninaa, tin dena deni, ajeku iyaa nio jee
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by CaptPlanet(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2017
Aburi001:
We shall know the REAL "Lion King" TODAY so that power tussle between "Jackals and Hyenas" can be finally put to rest... grin grin

While the "Little Animals" can live peacefully in their kingdom grin grin

I'm sure Fayose did not sleep last night till day break grin

As Makarfi don win now, how market?
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by nazzyon(m): 11:36am On Jul 12, 2017
UPDATE: Supreme Court upholds Markafi-led PDP committee

By Newsdesk

The Supreme Court has upheld the Ahmed Makarfi led Caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) as the authentic committee.

In its ruling on Wednesday, the Apex Court held that the appeal filed by Makarfi at the Federal High Court in P/H was not an abuse of court process as wrongly held by the majority judgment of the Court of Appeal.

Resolving the preliminary issue, the Supreme Court has dismissed the preliminary objection by the Ali Modu Sheriff faction, holding that the appeal by the Ahmed Makarfi faction was valid.

The second issue formulated is being considered by the Supreme Court and it is whether the PDP’s National Convention held on May 21, 2016 and where Sheriff was removed as National Chairman of the party was illegal..

The appellate court also nullified the party’s National Convention held in the Rivers capital in 2016 and the National Caretaker Committee of the party constituted at the convention.

Two out of the three-member Appeal Court, Justice B.G. Sanga and Justice A. Gumel, in the judgment, said the Port Harcourt convention was an abuse of court process.

However, the Makafi led faction of the party had vowed to approach the Apex Court.

The National Publicity Secretary of the Committee, Mr Dayo Adeyeye, said then that the judgement was a big disappointment, travesty and miscarriage of justice.

Read more: http://www.theguildng.com/supreme-court-upholds-markafi-led-pdp-committee/
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by richyblink1(m): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

Ewu, I guess by now you must have started fish farming.
I bet your TV is showing Spanish league

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Pro2makx(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2017
DONSMITH123:
Let me petch my tent here for Observation mood.

#TeamSheriff cheesy cheesy
Shame!!!!
Go smoke some akamu
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Pro2makx(m): 11:52am On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

You are the biggest loser.
Shame!!!! Shame!!!! Shame!!!!
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Pro2makx(m): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:
Oya keep waiting till flies fill that your wide mouth
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Kingjames11(m): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2017
newsbook:
LIVE UPDATE: Supreme Court rules on PDP leadership tussle

The Supreme Court will today (Wednesday) decide on the authentic leadership of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

The contest is between the Ali Sheriff, who was purportedly removed at the party’s May 21 2016 convention, and the national caretaker committee chaired by Ahmed Makarfi.‎

While the Makarfi faction enjoys the support of most of the organs of the PDP, the Sheriff faction was declared the authentic leadership by the Court of Appeal.
Many members of the PDP including former governors and current lawmakers have since decamped from the party, citing the division in its leadership as reason.
The pronouncement of the Supreme Court today is expected to‎ finally resolve the leadership crisis.
PREMIUM TIMES brings you live updates from the Supreme Court.

There is a heavy presence of armed security operatives at the Three arm zone etrance to the apex court
By 8:36 a.m., the court room was already filled to the brim.

Members and supporters of the Makarfi caretaker committee arrive the courtroom.

9:03a.m. Supreme Court justices led by CJN Walter Onnoghen enters court room

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/236647-live-update-supreme-court-rules-pdp-leadership-tussle.html
. The judgement should not be on who is the fake or authentic PDP chairman; rather ,on who among those thieves to be sentence to life imprisonment for looting the dry. #yeye#long live fela

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Kingjames11(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2017
newsbook:
LIVE UPDATE: Supreme Court rules on PDP leadership tussle

The Supreme Court will today (Wednesday) decide on the authentic leadership of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

The contest is between the Ali Sheriff, who was purportedly removed at the party’s May 21 2016 convention, and the national caretaker committee chaired by Ahmed Makarfi.‎

While the Makarfi faction enjoys the support of most of the organs of the PDP, the Sheriff faction was declared the authentic leadership by the Court of Appeal.
Many members of the PDP including former governors and current lawmakers have since decamped from the party, citing the division in its leadership as reason.
The pronouncement of the Supreme Court today is expected to‎ finally resolve the leadership crisis.
PREMIUM TIMES brings you live updates from the Supreme Court.

There is a heavy presence of armed security operatives at the Three arm zone etrance to the apex court
By 8:36 a.m., the court room was already filled to the brim.

Members and supporters of the Makarfi caretaker committee arrive the courtroom.

9:03a.m. Supreme Court justices led by CJN Walter Onnoghen enters court room

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/236647-live-update-supreme-court-rules-pdp-leadership-tussle.html
. The judgement should not be on who is the fake or authentic PDP chairman; rather ,on who among those thieves to be sentence to life imprisonment for looting the country the dry. #yeye#long live fela

Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Bimpe29: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
Whatever the outcome of the Supreme Court's ruling, the masses missed the PDP more than ever before due to the seemingly selfish interest of some of her bigwigs.

Being a major opposition party, it failed woefully to checkmate and put the ruling party on her toes.

We missed constructive criticism, rational advice and objective opposition expected of a major opposition in PDP.
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by Aburi001: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
CaptPlanet:

As Makarfi don win now, how market?
Congrats to him and his boys
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by alfredo4u(m): 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
mokaflex:

I pity you nowwwwwwwww

Where are youuuuuuuu
Re: PDP Supreme Court Ruling: Sheriff Vs Makarfi (Live Updates) by emi14: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Justice will be served.

Sheriff for chairman.

See your life as otherwise don show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Is 6th Most Terrorised Country In The World / Ex-Police Commissioner Under Peter Obi, AIG Hassan (Rtd), Donates Building To LP / APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.