Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff (8748 Views)

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by abumeinben(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Tis either Fashola is using this to distract us from the fact that the power sector under a lawyer is dying or a GENCO like Sahara energy, who is also into DISCO is behind a tariff increase.

And for the speak to have said the government should remove subsidy, they must be mad.....M-A-D.

Where are we with fuel subsidy removal? Or do they think the Nigerian economy is a capitalist's?
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Itsteewhy: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2017
This isn't rocket science.

Provide 24/7 electricity, and watch people pay with pride any cost
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Vickysnipe147(m): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2017
If there is constant power supply and every home is metered with prepaid meters, I don't see any problems with their agitation. but I cannot be paying for darkness and receiving estimated bills that I did not even use every month, that is daylight robbery.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Oloriode: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2017
Do we have light before? As you have intention to increase the pains and tarriff, may the Lord increase your calamity and pains.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Gobhanky: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2017
Ive not had light for abput 4days now.
Money af spent on fuel will carty me two months with full nepa.
Now my avr don cast.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by talktrue1(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2017
But my electricity bill was increased for the month of June by 30%
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by rozayx5(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2017
i just tire

7k a month already here

1 Like

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by greatiyk4u(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2017
Evablizin:
My Lord,thunder.......

Because you have the money to feed your family and buy petrol for 24hours light will make you open your mouth wild and wilder to say stupid things,increase which tariff for darkness or for light?

Take it easy dear, u can apply for smart pre paid metre online depending on the DISCO supplying you light to avoid paying for light you never used

1 Like

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by uwanIsong(f): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
This is really heartbreaking. These guys are truly inconsiderate.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Blessing008(f): 9:22am On Jul 12, 2017
The bill they already increased? Why are this people hypocrites?
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by authority2006(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2017
All those playing politics with it that they do not want to increase, people do not want to hear of this. This is my cell phone; you pay for it even before you make use of it. And nobody is controlling the tariff, they charge what they want

He talked about cellphone and its prepaid nature, forgetting that people actually paid for prepaid meters but those useless DISCOS refused to buy meters with the money they collected. To the extent that NERC had to order them to stop collecting money from their customers for prepaid meters. Some customers paid twice for a single item.
Then, he talked about nobody is regulating GSM operators' tariff, forgetting that they don't enjoying monopoly unlike power providers in Nigeria. If Etisalat tariff is too high for me, I can switch to mtn or glo. But if the DISCO in my area is allowed to set its price per unit as they want. If the tariff is too high for me, which next DISCO will I switch too?

3 Likes

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 12, 2017
Increase it again & you can come pack ur prepaid meter, cause i will be going green. that you stupid meter that grows three bars below it & start going down fast whenever i on water pump, kettle or a washing machine. I can't even use two of these things simultaneously. Fuvk you Yola distributions company & fuvk atiku too since he is one of the co-owners of YEDC

1 Like

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by mykalls(m): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2017
If Gencos company no see money thief again, make them pull out now. It is not by force that you must be the company to produce electricity. Tell Govt you cannot no longer cope and is pulling out like Etisalat and another company will take your position almost immediately.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Tungbaro: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2017
GenCos GenCos if Lion King comes back this kingdom will be difficult for you o tor
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by madridguy(m): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2017
This is not about chanji guy

jjjjj2017:

enjoy the chanji sir
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by jjjjj2017: 9:30am On Jul 12, 2017
madridguy:
This is not about chanji guy
its about what then? grin grin grin
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by donqx: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2017
can they pay for what they don't see
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Hexilon: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2017
You want to increase the tariff of darkness?
Wey my disco dey use generator for their office.

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by mecussey(m): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2017
adonbilivit:
We the masses are saying: we are sick and tired of these GENCOs. We pay, but we are always in darkness. Make una come cut me off sef

Nepa better pass all this gencos and discos...fashola should just resign. He does not know this job, engineering is very different from admin.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by HAH: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2017
Is time for government to reverse the privatisation of power sector, since they don't have the masses at heart but there profit until the market is liberalised for customer to have choice unlike the present monopoly
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by RafBaba: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2017
These Egbin and GenCos are big jokers....may God Almighty start increasing your losses are you are thinking of increasing tarrif where your services are extremely poor. People are paying for what they are not using...very bad
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by COMPAQ(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2017
wristbangle:
Which high cost? At first, you fail to provide 24hours electricity, Secondly, our tariff at the moment is one of the highest bill if not the highest in Africa and cost of production has reduced recently due to our currency appreciation.

Ofcourse they are looking for alternatives to steal more money. Rogues! May God increase your pain Gencos

Don't you get it! This is a chicken and egg situation. The Genco's need more revenue to fund capital investment, and you don't want to pay more until you get 24 hours power. So which one will happen first. If anyone is to be honest though, the tariffs need to go up considering that most components for power are imported and dollar has gone from 200 to 370.

A win win situation would be to stagger the increase based on a usage range. Say for eggs 0-100kwh per month, rate stays same, 101- 250kwh per month N45 per unit and then 250+ kwh per month you pay N60. That way the middle and high class who use more power pay more and the lower class who use less power pay less. And the end of the day the weighted average price comes to say N50 and that is a price high enough to cover costs.

If we think for once in this country, we can find solutions instead of making noise,

3 Likes

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by Bondesniger(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2017
GENCOS AND FG AND FASHOLA ARE MAD SETS

1 Like

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by SalamRushdie: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2017
It's time for Fashola to Resign or be fired ....Exactly one year ago this was the same argument these people put up under the tutelage of Fashola who assured is that if we accepted a 60 percent in tariff increase we would see better power supply but contrary to his promise the power supply has worsened even though the tariff was increased and just over a year later they are back with the same story again ..God punish Fashola
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by SalamRushdie: 10:14am On Jul 12, 2017
COMPAQ:

Don't you get it! This is a chicken and egg situation. The Genco's need more revenue to fund capital investment, and you don't want to pay more until you get 24 hours power. So which one will happen first. If anyone is to be honest though, the tariffs need to go up considering that most components for power are imported and dollar has gone from 200 to 370.

A win win situation would be to stagger the increase based on a usage range. Say for eggs 0-100kwh per month, rate stays same, 101- 250kwh per month N45 per unit and then 250+ kwh per month you pay N60. That way the middle and high class who use more power pay more and the lower class who use less power pay less. And the end of the day the weighted average price comes to say N50 and that is a price high enough to cover costs.

If we think for once in this country, we can find solutions instead of making noise,

You are a demon for making this useless point ..Was this not the same thing people like like you said just over year ago when the tariff was increased by 60 percent and even though we have been paying the outrageous new tariff which is almost at par with using a generator we have seen any single improvement instead the power supply has dipped to about all time low and today you are here with same silly argument again..You are clearly in cohorts with this power people and God will Judge u

3 Likes

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by SalamRushdie: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2017
Vickysnipe147:
If there is constant power supply and every home is metered with prepaid meters, I don't see any problems with their agitation. but I cannot be paying for darkness and receiving estimated bills that I did not even use every month, that is daylight robbery.

The Current tarriff which was increased by 60 percent just over a year ago under this same excuse is actually very exorbitant even with prepaid meter and cost a small average home over 50 thousand a month at the average of 8 hours of supply a day if they use all their electronics well ...I know this because I stay alone and I have to spend 20 thousand naira a month on prepaid bill if I want use all my electronic components in fair a manner so Imagine if I had a lot of family member around.

1 Like

Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by RafBaba: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2017
COMPAQ:

How do you measure this ooo. remember we are not all using post paid, prepaid meter users would have already bought their units at what rate are you suggesting?
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by egopersonified(f): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2017
Everyone is just shouting God, thunder, most high. We have being calling for decades and nothing happened. Can we please try something else? There are things God can never do for you.
Re: Gencos Ask FG To Increase Electricity Tariff by omohayek: 11:01am On Jul 12, 2017
COMPAQ:

You are the only intelligent commenter in this thread. Everyone else just seems to want cheap and reliable power to fall from the sky without having to pay its true cost of generation and distribution. The failure of Nigeria's power sector all comes down to an unwillingness by every administration to face economic reality head on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev Father Mbaka Has Just Been Arrested... / Gov. Sanwo-olu, Prof Pat Utomi, Others To Headline Ajegunle Economic Summit / Anambra Starts E-Registration Of Foreign Nationals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.