Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

fasting as behaviour of the poor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / fasting as behaviour of the poor. (364 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? / Father Mbaka Continues His Charity Work For The Poor, Gives Them Cheque (Pics) / Omokri To Pastors: Sell Your Private Jets, Use The Money To Feed The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

fasting as behaviour of the poor. by nobleblood: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
I have always wonder were some of this christian practise come from. As a poor child growing up in the ghetto, we had little or no food. Fasting was a daily theme. Nevertheless my father made sure we did not compromise our dignity for whatever little temporary help that us out there.

Fasting by my take is a mere behavior of the poor. I call it mere, because it is a daily reoccurance. Many of the biblical prophets were not suit wearing kind like we have in our day. Many were defiantly rugged. Often live out their days in isolation. They were little or no food there. Yet they mentain with the truth. Christ asked a curiouse question. When he was trying to get the mind if the people as to their perception of a prophet. What was it you went to the wilderness to see?.( talking about john the Baptist)

Many times when the rich and intellectual interpreted God, they inteprete God amidst. Often ommitting poverty and lack from the equation. This often give god a different complexion from what it has always been with the bible.

Fasting is a behavior if the poor. Its a denial of the basic of human need for survival. ( note we can fast with sack clothes as well. Denying our body of pleasant attires,). If we truly wish to know what this behavior truely is, or what it means, we should observe the lifes of the poor.

(1) (Reply)

Lust Pulls Its Victim / How Do U Handle This Prophetic Message As A Xtian? / Question: "What Is The Church?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.