Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (583552 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yoruba are ok on their own. We dont need Nigeria
Good, l don't care if you need Nigeria or not, but so long as you are in Nigeria, the better you get, the better Nigeria becomes, same with lgbo, Hausa, itsekiri, etc. A lot still has to be done by Yoruba, lgbo, etc.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Never alluded that he was, but to have a clearer and unbiased perspective on these realities, wouldn't it be feasible if a non-Igbo(a Northerner) at that made those claims over the usual "chest hearing" yeebos or Igbos? use your damn head
FK081,ONENAIRA ETC...LOSER grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Never alluded that he was, but to have a clearer and unbiased perspective on these realities, wouldn't it be feasible if a non-Igbo(a Northerner) at that made those claims over the usual "chest hearing" yeebos or Igbos? use your damn head

Drogbs's Profile

Nairaland Forum / Drogbs's Profile

(Follow This Member)

Send E-Mail Message To Drogbs

Time registered: July 22, 2017

Time spent online: 1 hour & 54 minutes

OJUKU,you just registered today....no wonder grin

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by strenghtt: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Its now officially confirmed that the saying " Igbos are the most industrious in Nigeria " is a BIG FAT SCAM!!! SCAM!! and SCAM!! Pls spread the news! Meanwhile let d igbos show us..

WHERE THE 70% INDUSTRIES IN LAGOS ARE

80% COMPANIES IN ABUJA

73% REAL ESTATES COMPANIES IN LAGOS

75% INDUSTRIES IN DELTA

70% INDUSTRIES IN RIVERS STATE

NIGERIANS RE WAITING TO SEE PICTURES OF ALL THE 44 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN NORTH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:
A new e-library just launched along Herbert Macaulay, Yaba

Yesterday, the Herbert Macaulay Library (YouRead) was re-opened. The initiative by the Lagos State Government in collaboration with GTBank to revitalise the defunct library is laudable. The library, which was built in the 60’s was the pride of the Yaba community. In a conversation with the Librarian, Mr Taiwo Bogunjoko, this is what he had to say:

The 635 hub would be divided into two halves. One would contain the Code Lagos centre while the other would serve as a meeting room for events. The You Read library is an approved Code Lagos centre.

Thanks a lot for this info. This is such an amazing initiative. It needs to be replicated in every local govt area within the state!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
hilroy:

Is El rufai now your spokesman? Nobody is dick measuring with you chestbeating noisemakers.

THAT IS FK081,ONE NAIRA ETC...He is in so much pain that he has to register another monicker today.El Rufai and others just massaged Ojukus' egos because they know that they would relish any sweet rubbish thrown at them.The see them as zombies..
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by NCP: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guys weldone ..
Keep the flag flying.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

Oluwagbenga Dada
C.E.O and creative director of Artsmith collections

Liz Osho & Kehinde Bankole Stun in Traditional for Gbenga Artsmith Collections

About our vendor: Mr Oluwagbenga Dada is the C.E.O and creative director of Artsmith collections, Mr Oluwagbenga Dada who graduated with bachelors in Philosophy from University of Ado-Ekiti reside in Lagos, Nigeria where he provides exclusive beaded jewelries to great clients.

Why did you decide to be an accessory designer: I’ve always been in the Arts and so choosing to become an accessory designer was just another avenue of expressing my creative spirit.

How did you become a accessory designer: I perceived a need in the wedding industry and that need was to fill one of the vacant spaces for jewelry designers who had become more in demand as the percentage of women getting married kept increasing on a high level.

When did you become a accessory designer: I started officially in 2007.

Vendors you have worked with in the wedding industry: Z.A Makeovers, Makeup by Ashabee, Belleza Faces now known as Pretty ink signature, Brushes and Colors, Gazmadu Photography, The Debola Style Photography, iposhlooks etc.

Vendors you will like to work with in the wedding industry: BM Pro and Jide of St. Ola, Big H Studios, That Throne Guy and Akintayotimi.

What is your advice to other accessory designers and upcoming accessory designers: My advise for other accessory designers and upcoming accessory designers is that he/she should have the desire to become an accessory designer, he/she must be passionate, focused, hardworking and has a thick skin to endure all forms of challenges that would come their way.

The city and country you provide the services in: Our products and services are available to people in different parts of Africa, Europe and USA.

There is just something about the Yoruba aso-oke that catches the eye. It is regal, resplendent and rich. It gives the wearer an aura of dignity and grandeur. It is also a versatile fabric that comes in many shades, textures and colours. That is why I stay glued to the TV anytime the Ijebus hold the Ojude-Oba festival. You end up seeing so many different groups, in so many different types of aso-oke, that would impress you.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:

Good, l don't care if you need Nigeria or not, but so long as you are in Nigeria, the better you get, the better Nigeria becomes, same with lgbo, Hausa, itsekiri, etc. A lot still has to be done by Yoruba, lgbo, etc.
Yoruba can never get better under Nigeria. We will develop on our own. Nigeria is holding my people from moving forward. We cant be doing same thing and expecting a different result. There is so much hatred. We dont like ourselves in this country. Let us stop pretending.
Enough is enough!!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Go ask El rufai and other notable non-Igbos who clearly admitted macro-economic/commercial Igbo dominance all over Nigeria; notably real estate and landed properties, of course I can post VERIFIABLE sources to these fact...maybe the likes of El rufai who stated that Igbos control a huge chunk of properties and inland estates in Abuja few years back knows something we don't know. Lots of Yorubas and Igbos do well both at home and at in diaspora, so no tribe is particularly outperforming the other if we are to go by hard facts and REALITY on ground, achievers abound everywhere! so celebrate yoruba greatness but don't drag Igbos into your slug fest di.cck measuring contest, cause I have literally can't see what Igbos have got to do with a thread that extols yoruba greatness...except the same Igbos are your perennial nightmares...which seems like the case to me.

A lot of Nigerians including el rufai fell for that silly, baseless and absurd ibo industrious and dominate nonsense, but we know better because your own realities and the realities on the ground and all over Nigeria doesn't support that claim. Other Nigerians know you people thrive and get excited over emotions and sentiments and this is why they gas you up with fake rubbish left and write.

You are at the bottom across the board all over Nigeria and you know it, this the reason why you shout marginalization all the time.

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 9:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yoruba can never get better under Nigeria. We will develop on our own. Nigeria is holding my people from moving forward. We cant be doing same thing and expecting a different result. There is so much hatred. We dont like ourselves in this country. Let us stop pretending.
Enough is enough!!
So who is holding you back nah?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by sultanodudua: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
I heard afonjas invented ratak poison.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:

There is just something about the Yoruba aso-oke that catches the eye. It is regal, resplendent and rich. It gives the wearer an aura of dignity and grandeur. It is also a versatile fabric that comes in many shades, textures and colours. That is why I stay glued to the TV anytime the Ijebus hold the Ojude-Oba festival. You end up seeing so many different groups, in so many different types of aso-oke, that would impress you.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-fzff9aNuV3w/VgcCAiF41DI/AAAAAAAAHU0/i_Ektm-f5tY/s1600/IMG-20150926-WA0002.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-JTJFRTiOZDA/VgcB8HQCSAI/AAAAAAAAHUY/-xCP6FbBBuo/s1600/IMG-20150926-WA0000.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-WurzZpujLvU/VgcCCFOoZLI/AAAAAAAAHVA/juZi9JUUizo/s1600/IMG-20150926-WA0003.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2901845_ije7_jpegff4d7f33c23596c12e08384ba7843caf

[img]http://4.bp..com/-umFcDvQ8SSA/V9qoM4lzdWI/AAAAAAAAt4U/7gqB6RehzWIqZ-Lx6HyC7UF6_Bp0V7WtwCEw/s1600/OJUDE7.jpg[/img]

Yes oooooooo....

Aso Oke is the ultimate pride and prestige fabric.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:

Thank you jor. Wa gbayi! Wa'sere!

Swagger full ground.

Our people sabi represent no be small.

grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
mercyville:

THAT IS FK081,ONE NAIRA ETC...He is in so much pain that he has to register another monicker today.El Rufai and others just massaged Ojukus' egos because they know that they would relish any sweet rubbish thrown at them.They see them as zombies..

Exactly my point. They don't know that every tribes in Nigeria see them as cry babies with emotional and psychological complex. All what El rufai did was to massage their egos. El rufai would say same thing to any other tribe if they always complain of victimization and marginalization like these Osus

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:
So who is holding you back nah?
Nigeria and the ethnic groups within it
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:
Swagger full ground.

Our people sabi represent no be small.
grin grin
See more....

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Nigeria and the ethnic groups within it
Lol, now you are sounding like the Yoruba version of lpob. Nobody is holding you people o biko, you are majority tribes afterall, if others can hold you back then what wouuld the smaller tribes do? And you Yoruba's have had obasanjo for 8years and now Osibanjo, so they may be the ones holding you.
I am happy when any Nigerian tribe does well, at least before they separate if they want.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2017

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jetleeee: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why are you guys posting pictures of women tho. Is that what the thread is about?

Na wa oh.. Eleyii o ye mi rárá o

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ok, this is the final cut...

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:

Lol, now you are sounding like the Yoruba version of lpob. Nobody is holding you people o biko, you are majority tribes afterall, if others can hold you back then what wouuld the smaller tribes do? And you Yoruba's have had obasanjo for 8years and now Osibanjo, so they may be the ones holding you.
I am happy when any Nigerian tribe does well, at least before they separate if they want.
No sir. We cant do well with this current system of government. So much sentiment and nepotism in this country. We dont like ourselves and this is the truth. How can we develop when we hate ourselves? We cant move forward. Yoruba people must leave Nigeria for us to progress more.
I knew we had industious sons and daughters, but i never knew they were this much.
Abeg oga leave story
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Justiceleague1:
You Igbo guys are some of the most wicked souls the world has ever seen. I went over the cone heads thread and by the time I got to the 3rd page, I was practically crying my heart out just because of two reasons
1. Despite the extraterrestrial and otherworldly efforts you guys are putting here, you still spared time and effort to decimate them and crush them to smithereens on their thread
2. You so much dealt with them that their commander in chief, general and leading tactician resorted to posting pictures of Nganti pure water, plates of amala and ewedu,bottles of ogogoro and chelsea,loaves of agege bread and zobo juice when I'm very sure the production capacity of University of Nigeria Nsukka Ventures dwarfs that of those companies in that aspect.
My main grouse with our lousy, uncouth, loud-mouthed and saucy neighbours from wasteland who happen to be first cousins to some exotic breeds of chimps is their vain-glorying. They think everybody hates them but I can assure them nobody hates them. Everyone just seems to be tired of their empty agbero like noice making and unbridled insolence. Although it's not a thing done by all of them, but it's done by most of them coneheads,especially those among them who grew up in the west. The way they go about shouting Igbos are against coneheads is nauseating. I look around my eastern brethren's region and I see people who don't give a rat ass about Coneheads and otapiapia dirty citizens. The only Igbo I see that seem to be a bit concerned about Coneheads are those on the internet and I'm very sure 90% of them are there to taunt them and not that they really care whether they get the republic of...whats the name of that ogogoro drinka that fell from the sky sef, or not.
I've seen this insecure muftau whimps suffering from an acute inferiority complex attack their masters Fulani, Hausa and also Edo, Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik and a host of others here. Coneheads've made enemies of everybody. Coneheads have a siege mentality in which they think the whole world is against them. You all can continue wallowing in delusional grandeur but what I can assure you Coneheads is this, an average Igbo man on the street, an average Igbo woman in the market is less concerned about whether you get Oduduwa rep or not. You are so inconsequential to their life and living thus you are dispensable. Don't use the conduct of a few Igbo folks here to judge because I see you lot going about ranting like gorillas on heat with your obsession with Igbos and how they are holding you back. The folks you see here are doing all these to torment you psychologically, mentally and emotionally knowing how you are wired and the cry babies you can be. You are emotionally weak and gullible thus they use your weakness to torment you.
Igbos like every other tribe have their own challenges which we acknowledge and will always work on, we are not perfect and will never pretend to be, like you lots do. But one thing is clear, as imperfect as we are, we are not your equals in any field of human development. No matter the indices, we are not on the same pedestal.
We are better by FAR

IGBO KWENU!

grin

God bless all our efforts.
Nje o mo pe oloribu ni iwo kini buruku olori pelebe yi sha. O wa lo yi nkan ti mo ko pada, o wa ko ikokuko si abi? Je kin so fun e, bi o se yi nkan ti mo ko pada beeni aye e ma ri iyipada buruku. Olorun olodumare ti yo idunnu kuro ninu oro e lati oni lo. Ogun ni o fi eje re we omo ale olori pelebe bi apoola igi.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jetleeee:
Why are you guys posting pictures of women tho. Is that what the thread is about?

Na wa oh.. Eleyii o ye mi rárá o
No, it just came up. Deomelo posted an update on a talented accessories designer. One of the models adorned in his designs, was wearing an aso-oke outfit. From there, the conversation shifted to how aso oke makes the wearer look good. Now, we are back to business. We need to focus on our entrepreneurs who are doing great things here.

But do you realize that no one has sat down to quantify the business side of the aso oke trade? Some of these designs (especially for couples) cost as much as 250k per set! From the weavers, to the designers, the retailers, artisans and the tailors, there is a whole industry right there!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jetleeee: 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bekwarra:

Nje o mo pe oloribu ni iwo kini buruku olori pelebe yi sha. O wa lo yi nkan ti mo ko pada, o wa ko ikokuko si abi? Je kin so fun e, bi o se yi nkan ti mo ko pada beeni aye e ma ri iyipada buruku. Olorun olodumare ti yo idunnu kuro ninu oro e lati oni lo. Ogun ni o fi eje re we omo ale olori pelebe bi apoola igi.

That's Shibuke. Okoyibo's friend. grin You shouldn't have replied him

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

No sir. We cant do well with this current system of government. So much sentiment and nepotism in this country. We dont like ourselves and this is the truth. How can we develop when we hate ourselves? We cant move forward. Yoruba people must leave Nigeria for us to progress more.
I knew we had industious sons and daughters, but i never knew they were this much.
Abeg oga leave story
The problem is, what is Obasanjo, Tinubu and Osibanjo saying about it, they are your problem now.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2017
Abeg make una ignore those yeepob youths and any derailer on this thread.

This is not the place for e-battles.

This thread is for US!

God bless Yoruba land more. (Amen)
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Go ask El rufai and other notable non-Igbos who clearly admitted macro-economic/commercial Igbo dominance all over Nigeria; notably real estate and landed properties, of course I can post VERIFIABLE sources to these fact...maybe the likes of El rufai who stated that Igbos control a huge chunk of properties and inland estates in Abuja few years back knows something we don't know. Lots of Yorubas and Igbos do well both at home and at in diaspora, so no tribe is particularly outperforming the other if we are to go by hard facts and REALITY on ground, achievers abound everywhere! so celebrate yoruba greatness but don't drag Igbos into your slug fest di.cck measuring contest, cause I have literally can't see what Igbos have got to do with a thread that extols yoruba greatness...except the same Igbos are your perennial nightmares...which seems like the case to me.

So you mumu like this?Sheee industries na pin?
Make Igbos hold El Rufai well..na him steal una industries put for pocket.. grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee3: 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:

The problem is, what is Obasanjo, Tinubu and Osibanjo saying about it, they are your problem now.
Yes you are right. We have terrible leaders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (319) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.