Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586923 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
[img]http://2.bp..com/-ULgY73VtAtQ/U_nSvKvKQVI/AAAAAAAADBE/qVbNVaaayN4/s1600/Chief%2BYinka%2BKufile%2C%2BJaguna.jpg[/img]

Chief Oluyinka Kufile, Chairman/MD/CEO of Qualitec Industries Limited, manufacturers of Steel, Iron, Basic Metal, Color Coated Coils and Longspan Aluminuium. He's also the chairman, Basic Metal, Iron and Steel Group of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria. The company is currently investing N100-billion in their new plant located in Ogun state.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by stanway(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
am sure the cone headed tribal bastards frm the waste land will be massaging their ego with this insignificant achievement,I just wonder how this show offs had made any impact to their red and brown roof ravaged South West region,,,,we the igbos we are not chest beaters our achievement is visible for all to see
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2017

Damilola Solesi.

C.E.O/Creative director at Smids Animation Studios

Damilola is the C.E.O/Creative director at Smids Animation Studios. She loves cartoons and producing them has always been her dreams. So for all the young ladies with dreams and aspirations, Damilola is an example, dreams do really come true.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2017

Oluwagbenga Dada

C.E.O and creative director of Artsmith collections

Liz Osho & Kehinde Bankole Stun in Traditional for Gbenga Artsmith Collections

About our vendor: Mr Oluwagbenga Dada is the C.E.O and creative director of Artsmith collections, Mr Oluwagbenga Dada who graduated with bachelors in Philosophy from University of Ado-Ekiti reside in Lagos, Nigeria where he provides exclusive beaded jewelries to great clients.

Why did you decide to be an accessory designer: I’ve always been in the Arts and so choosing to become an accessory designer was just another avenue of expressing my creative spirit.

How did you become a accessory designer: I perceived a need in the wedding industry and that need was to fill one of the vacant spaces for jewelry designers who had become more in demand as the percentage of women getting married kept increasing on a high level.

When did you become a accessory designer: I started officially in 2007.

Vendors you have worked with in the wedding industry: Z.A Makeovers, Makeup by Ashabee, Belleza Faces now known as Pretty ink signature, Brushes and Colors, Gazmadu Photography, The Debola Style Photography, iposhlooks etc.

Vendors you will like to work with in the wedding industry: BM Pro and Jide of St. Ola, Big H Studios, That Throne Guy and Akintayotimi.

What is your advice to other accessory designers and upcoming accessory designers: My advise for other accessory designers and upcoming accessory designers is that he/she should have the desire to become an accessory designer, he/she must be passionate, focused, hardworking and has a thick skin to endure all forms of challenges that would come their way.

The city and country you provide the services in: Our products and services are available to people in different parts of Africa, Europe and USA.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jahel: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
HI-IMPACT PLANET (also known as the Hi Impact Amusement park ) is an
amusement , theme park and resort on the outskirts of Lagos but located in
Ogun State along the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway It opened to the public in December, 2015. It is owned by Prince Adeyanju Lipede the CEO of Solution Media and Infotech.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:
Tosan Jemide of Cakes by Tosan
He is Itsekiri.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:

He is Itsekiri.

Warri, Delta.

Fixed.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

Warri, Delta.

Fixed.
Warri is a city owned collectively by ltsekiri, Urhobo, and ljaw.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:

Warri is a city owned collectively by ltsekiri, Urhobo, and ljaw.

Definitely, but trying not to distract with unnecessary ethnic debate.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017

Dele Odufuye.

CEO/Founder. Tsaboin Traffic Talk

Lagos, a city of over 22 million people, is inevitably plagued by outrageous traffic jams. Beyond the tons of time and productivity being lost everyday on the mean streets of Lagos, businesses and lives are being lost too. But one man -Dele Odufuye – an his team have created a uniquely Nigerian technology solution to help Lagosians make smarter decisions about traffic.

Techpoint spent an afternoon chatting with Dele Odufuye about his foray into tech, the inspiration for Tsaboin Traffic Talk and the future of Big Data in Nigeria.

My name is Dele Odufuye. I am a graduate of Environmental Management and Toxicology, University of Agriculture Abeokuta. I started my company in 2005, right after I graduated from university. I was quite interested in my hobby, which is Information Technology, so I decided to pursue that rather than my academic degree. So as a profession, I am a Software Developer. I started out as a programmer working in a couple of organisations, while still an undergrad, before setting out to build my own company.

This Yoruba brother is puting his money where his mouth is by installing traffic cameras In order to solve traffic problems via his online traffic platform called 'Tsaboin Traffic Talk' has deployed 17 cameras across locations in Lagos State

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
A new e-library just launched along Herbert Macaulay, Yaba

Yesterday, the Herbert Macaulay Library (YouRead) was re-opened. The initiative by the Lagos State Government in collaboration with GTBank to revitalise the defunct library is laudable. The library, which was built in the 60’s was the pride of the Yaba community. In a conversation with the Librarian, Mr Taiwo Bogunjoko, this is what he had to say:

The 635 hub would be divided into two halves. One would contain the Code Lagos centre while the other would serve as a meeting room for events. The You Read library is an approved Code Lagos centre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bifwoli: 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Most industrious black nation yet you import everything?

This thread is just rich in irony cuz intelligent societies don't have so much rotten systems, so much failures and so on...
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
[s]
Bifwoli:
Most industrious black nation yet you import everything?

This thread is just rich in irony cuz intelligent societies don't have so much rotten systems, so much failures and so on...
[/s]

Coming from a self defeatist Kenya apologist with zero sense of identity and belonging.

We hard you the first time so stop spewing the same tired and redundant I hate myself idiocies.

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2017

Kendall Ananyi/Founder wifi.com.ng

Tizeti raises $2.1m seed funding to give even more Nigerians unlimited internet

[b] Tizeti, the company behind (wifi.com.ng), has just closed seed funding of $2.1 million from international investors including Western Technology Investment, Social Capital, Vy Capital, Picus Capital, Ace & Company, Lynett Capital Partners, Zeno Ventures and a number of angel investors including Y Combinator’s Michael Seibel and Gabriel Hammond.

Over the years, Tizeti has managed to keep prices relatively lower in comparison to established ISPs by replacing diesel with solar-powered base stations spread across Lagos. With the new capital injection, they look to scale up the service in Lagos, with 3000 new public hot-spots, as well as expand to the South-South region of Nigeria.

“Today’s seed announcement allows us to grow aggressively in the Nigerian market, and we will continue to invest in building out our own solar powered infrastructure, as well as refine and expand our consumer focused product that delivers reliable, cost-effective Wifi to potentially millions of Nigerians. We aim to ‘win Lagos’, with a view to expanding across the West African region over the next 18-24 months,” said Kendall Ananyi.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bibors(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Undoubtedly its a fact that while Biafrans were given 20 pounds each for their thousands and millions, that Afonjas were given loans in millions to buy into multinationals.
50 years down the line the difference isn't much.

Close your eyes and imagine if Afonja land was leveled by war and their wealth stolen. What do you think would have been of them?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 6:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
[s]
Bibors:
Undoubtedly its a fact that while Biafrans were given 20 pounds each for their thousands and millions, that Afonjas were given loans in millions to buy into multinationals.

Close your eyes and imagine if Afonja land was leveled by war and their wealth stolen. What do you think would have been of them?
[/s]

Must you Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos bore us with your lame and retarded rubbish all the time?

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by stabillo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good knowing, Yorubas are great people no doubt so as other tribes

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bibors:

Ojukus are just a bunch of lazy get rich quick criminals.You would have even come close to the Yorubas if it were not for your criminalities.Cry less and amend your ways...

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jahel: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
CLUB QUILOX is a luxurious style
nightclub in Victoria Island , Lagos.
owned by SHINA PELLER.Housed in a massive building, Club Quilox also operates a restaurant and bar. It opened in 2013, as one of the biggest and most expensive nightclubs in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
deomelo:

Meet the Tryctor: A motorbike-turned-tractor targeting small farmers in Nigeria

The Tryctor: Nigeria’s First Made Tractor For Small-scale Farmers

This is excellent

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:
The problem now is irrespective of tribe, the creativity of the private sector both at home and in the diaspora have to be felt in the nation. As a nation, we also have a large community in the diaspora to tap for the benefit of this nation, people who can invest here.
Entrepreneurship is the way forward, this our style of education sometimes could feel like a waste of time. Nysc programme should be converted to technical centers and other centers for businesses, while the N- power programme should be left for jobless youths with waec only, not graduates.
Agberos and touts who are jobless and play football from Monday till Sunday, they abound in this country.
Which nation are you taling about? Nigeria or Yoruba nation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
stanway:
am sure the cone headed tribal bastards frm the waste land will be massaging their ego with this insignificant achievement,I just wonder how this show offs had made any impact to their red and brown roof ravaged South West region,,,,we the igbos we are not chest beaters our achievement is visible for all to see
OLORI PELEBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jahel:
HI-IMPACT PLANET (also known as the Hi Impact Amusement park ) is an
amusement , theme park and resort on the outskirts of Lagos but located in
Ogun State along the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway It opened to the public in December, 2015. It is owned by Prince Adeyanju Lipede the CEO of Solution Media and Infotech.
This amusement park is very close to MFM headquarters. Right?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
stanway:
All talk no substance.The same protruding mouth...SHIOOOR.

IGBOS WHERE ARE THE 70% INDUSTRIES IN LAGOS

80% COMPANIES IN ABUJA

73% REAL ESTATES COMPANIES IN KANO

75% INDUSTRIES IN DELTA

70% INDUSTRIES IN RIVERS STATE

NIGERIANS RE WAITING TO SEE PICTURES OF ALL THE 44 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN NORTH

THE 59 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN SOUTH WEST

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

Which nation are you taling about? Nigeria or Yoruba nation?
Both.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Drogbs: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
mercyville:

All talk no substance.The same protruding mouth...SHIOOOR.

IGBOS WHERE ARE THE 70% INDUSTRIES IN LAGOS

80% COMPANIES IN ABUJA

73% REAL ESTATES COMPANIES IN KANO

75% INDUSTRIES IN DELTA

70% INDUSTRIES IN RIVERS STATE

NIGERIANS RE WAITING TO SEE PICTURES OF ALL THE 44 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN NORTH

THE 59 TRILLION NAIRA INVESTMENT IN SOUTH WEST
Go ask El rufai and other notable non-Igbos who clearly admitted macro-economic/commercial Igbo dominance all over Nigeria; notably real estate and landed properties, of course I can post VERIFIABLE sources to these fact...maybe the likes of El rufai who stated that Igbos control a huge chunk of properties and inland estates in Abuja few years back knows something we don't know. Lots of Yorubas and Igbos do well both at home and at in diaspora, so no tribe is particularly outperforming the other if we are to go by hard facts and REALITY on ground, achievers abound everywhere! so celebrate yoruba greatness but don't drag Igbos into your slug fest di.cck measuring contest, cause I have literally can't see what Igbos have got to do with a thread that extols yoruba greatness...except the same Igbos are your perennial nightmares...which seems like the case to me.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by strenghtt: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Go ask El rufai and other notable non-Igbos who clearly admitted macro-economic/commercial Igbo dominance all over Nigeria; notably real estate and landed properties, of course I can post VERIFIABLE sources to these fact...maybe the likes of El rufai who stated that Igbos control a huge chunk of properties and inland estates in Abuja few years back knows something we don't know. Lots of Yorubas and Igbos do well both at home and at in diaspora, so no tribe is particularly outperforming the other if we are to go by hard facts and REALITY on ground, achievers abound everywhere! so celebrate yoruba greatness but don't drag Igbos into your slug fest di.cck measuring contest, cause I have literally can't see what Igbos have got to do with a thread that extols yoruba greatness...except the same Igbos are your perennial nightmares...which seems like the case to me.

You are very funny human being!! So is El rufai ( a northerner ) that will now fight this battle for you and list your achievement for you? Like someone said...
Show us the 70% properties Igbos own in Lagos and stop embarrassing your tribe!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bibors:

"..The difference isn't much..' according to you.But at least you agree there's a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bibors:

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Is El rufai now your spokesman? Nobody is dick measuring with you chestbeating noisemakers.

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Drogbs: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
hilroy:

Is El rufai now your spokesman? Nobody is dick measuring with you chestbeating noisemakers.
Never alluded that he was, but to have a clearer and unbiased perspective on these realities, wouldn't it be feasible if a non-Igbo(a Northerner) at that made those claims over the usual "chest hearing" yeebos or Igbos? use your damn head
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:
Both.
Yoruba are ok on their own. We dont need Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.