Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586857 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:32am On Jul 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
Who get energy to do some work on our numerous private universities? correct laudate, okway, belmot and other irrepressible omoluabis, which of una fit? So much to showcase there that i'm sure, it alone, will push this thread to 200 pages. Let's see whether we can better what Aareonakakanfo did with his "Yoruba Commonwealth thread". Jetleeee, how you see am? wink
Jetleeee:
Na nice idea, but e be like say the aim of the thread na to showcase products. Depends on the general consensus, if all man support am.
Laudate & others are busy partying, while I am here stuck in the office monitoring the control systems. It sucks.

Your idea is great, however. The private universities are quite a few.

1). Covenant University, Otta - Founder: Bishop David Oyedepo

2). Landmark University, Omu-aran - Founder: Bishop David Oyedepo

3). Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele - Founder: Mrs. Leila Fowler

4). Chrisland University, Abeokuta - Founder: Chief Mrs. Awosika

5). Bells University, Otta - Founder: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

6). Southwestern University, Okun-owa - Founder: Engr. Babatunde A. Odufuwa

7). Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti - Founder: Chief Afe Babalola (SAN)

8. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu - Founder: Prince, (Dr.) Ramon Adegoke Adedoyin

9). Lead City University, Ibadan - Founder: Prof. Jide Owoeye of Eduserve Consult

10). Adeleke University, Ede - Founder: Chief Adedeji Adeleke

11). Elizade University, Ilara-mokin - Founder: Chief Michael Ade-Ojo

12). MountainTop University, Makogi Oba - Founder: Dr. D.K Olusanya/MFM

13). Kings University, Ode-Omu - Founder: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo

14). Caleb university, Ikorodu - Founder: Prince Oladega Adebogun

15). Redeemer's University,Ede - Founder: Dr. Enoch Adeboye

All I have done is to list the names of the institutions. Someone else may have to take it further by writing about their status, prestige, facilities, standards, infrastructure, physical environment, academic rating and reputation.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 22, 2017
Bekwarra:
You Yoruba guys are some of the most wicked souls the world has ever seen. I went over the Igbo thread and by the time I got to the 3rd page, I was practically crying my heart out just because of two reasons
1. Despite the extraterrestrial and otherworldly efforts you guys are putting here, you still spared time and effort to decimate them and crush them to smithereens on their thread
2. You so much dealt with them that their commander in chief, general and leading tactician resorted to posting pictures of table water, loaves of bread and orange juice when I'm very sure the production capacity of University of Ibadan Ventures dwarfs that of those companies in that aspect.
My main grouse with our lousy, uncouth, loud-mouthed and saucy neighbours across the Niger who happen to be first cousins to some exotic breeds of chimps is their vain-glorying. They think everybody hates them but I can assure them nobody hates them. Everyone just seems to be tired of their empty chest beating and unbridled insolence. Although it's not a thing done by all of them, but it's done by most of them especially those among them who grew up in the East. The way they go about shouting Yoruba are against Biafra is nauseating. I look around our region here and I see people who don't give a rat ass about Biafra. The only Yoruba I see that seem to be a bit concerned about Biafra are those on the internet and I'm very sure 90% of them are there to taunt them and not that they really care whether they get Biafra or not.
I've seen this insecure whimps suffering from an acute inferiority complex attack Fulani, Hausa, Yoruba, Edo, Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik and a host of others here. They've made enemies of everybody. They have a siege mentality in which they think the whole world is against them. You all can continue wallowing in delusional grandeur but what I can assure you is this, an average Yoruba man on the street, an average Yoruba woman in the market is less concerned about whether you get Biafra or not. You are so inconsequential to their life and living thus you are dispensable. Don't use the conduct of a few Yoruba folks here to judge because I see you lot going about ranting like gorillas on heat with your obsession with Yorubas and how hey are holding you back. The folks you see here are doing all these to torment you psychologically, mentally and emotionally knowing how you are wired and the cry babies you can be. You are emotionally weak and gullible thus they use your weakness to torment you.
Yorubas like every other tribe have their own challenges which we acknowledge and will always work on, we are not perfect and will never pretend to be, like you lots do. But one thing is clear, as imperfect as we are, we are not your equals in any field of human development. No matter the indices, we are not on the same pedestal.
We are better by FAR

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 2:43am On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:

Laudate & others are busy partying, while I am here stuck in the office monitoring the control systems. It sucks.

Your idea is great, however. The private universities are quite a few.

1). Covenant University, Otta - Founder: Bishop David Oyedepo

2). Landmark University, Omu-aran - Founder: Bishop David Oyedepo

3). Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele - Founder: Mrs. Leila Fowler

4). Chrisland University, Abeokuta - Founder: Chief Mrs. Awosika

5). Bells University, Otta - Founder: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

6). Southwestern University, Okun-owa - Founder: Engr. Babatunde A. Odufuwa

7). Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti - Founder: Chief Afe Babalola (SAN)

8. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu - Founder: Prince, (Dr.) Ramon Adegoke Adedoyin

9). Lead City University, Ibadan - Founder: Prof. Jide Owoeye of Eduserve Consult

10). Adeleke University, Ede - Founder: Chief Adedeji Adeleke

11). Elizade University, Ilara-mokin - Founder: Chief Michael Ade-Ojo

12). MountainTop University, Makogi Oba - Founder: Dr. D.K Olusanya/MFM

13). Kings University, Ode-Omu - Founder: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo

14). Caleb university, Ikorodu - Founder: Prince Oladega Adebogun

15). Redeemer's University,Ede - Founder: Dr. Enoch Adeboye

All I have done is to list the names of the institutions. Someone else may have to take it further by writing about their status, prestige, facilities, standards, infrastructure, physical environment, academic rating and reputation.
Crescent University Abeokuta - Professor Bola Ajibola
Joseph Ayodele Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji (CAC)
Anchor University, Ayobo (Deeper Life)
Fountain University, Osogbo
Al Hikma University, Ilorin
Samuel Adegboyega University
Crawford University, Igbesa
MacPherson University, Seriki Sotayo
Babcock University, Ilisan Remo
Adetokunbo University, Sagamu
Achievers University, Owo
Kola Daisi University, Oyo
ati bee bee lo

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 3:14am On Jul 22, 2017
Bekwarra:

Crescent University Abeokuta - Professor Bola Ajibola
Joseph Ayodele Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji (CAC)
Anchor University, Ayobo (Deeper Life)
Fountain University, Osogbo
Al Hikma University, Ilorin
Samuel Adegboyega University
Crawford University, Igbesa
MacPherson University, Seriki Sotayo
Babcock University, Ilisan Remo
Adetokunbo University, Sagamu
Achievers University, Owo
Kola Daisi University, Oyo
ati bee bee lo

Well, the universities founded by religious bodies with their own governing councils, really should not be included. I mean churches that are not synonymous with their founders, or those religious bodies whose early founders were foreign missions. Those are just my thoughts.

For example, Covenant/Landmark is owned by a religious body, as well as MountainTop owned by MFM, and Redemeer's University owned by RCCG. But you would see that the founders/General Overseers of each of these churches & universities, (except RCCG) are synonymous with their churches & universities (i.e. they are one & the same). In fact, Oyedepo adopts a hands-on approach to the running of his universities.

1). Crawford University is founded by the Apostolic Faith Mission,
2). McPherson University is owned by the Foursquare Gospel Church,
3). Babcock University is owned by the Seventh day Adventist Church
4). Samuel Adegboyega University is owned by the The Apostolic Church Nigeria
5). Joseph Ayodele Babalola University is owned by the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC)
6). Fountain University, Osogbo is owned by the Nasrul-lahi-li fathi (NASFAT) Society and not just by a single person;
7). Crescent University Abeokuta is owned by the Islamic Mission for Africa.

Well, I do not know much about the others you mentioned, but for those 7 universities, I have listed here, I have strong reservations about claiming they are owned by Yorubas.

PS: I will add Achievers University, Owo to the list of universities owned by Yorubas. The founder is Dr. Bode Ayorinde. Al Hikmah University founded by Alhaji (Chief) Abdul -Raheem Oladimeji OFR the Jagunmolu of Igbominaland & Arogundade of Lagos would also make the list.
Kola Daisi University in Ibadan owned by Chief Kola Daisi CON, Bashorun of Ibadanland would also qualify.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 3:38am On Jul 22, 2017
oduastates:

Employee
No employees. Only the producer side of entrepreneurs

I totally disagree with you.

Every accomplished Yoruba man and woman matters regardless their occupation, field or contribution.

The smart and accomplished corporate managers, the IT entrepreneurs, the industry and manufacturing CEOs, the restaurant owners, the young smart and overachieving Uni students breaking academic records all over the world matters, they are the brains and engines running and managing this country.

How do we even run and manage a sovereign Oodua nation without good, credible and skilled managers?

Entrepreneurs are just part of the puzzle and dream, but not the whole puzzle and dream.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:24am On Jul 22, 2017

Founder & CEO of Gidi Mobile Ltd

Tunji Adegbesan is the Director of the Centre for Competitiveness & Strategy at the Lagos Business School, and the Founder of Gidi Mobile Ltd, makers of gidimo, Africa's first mobile learning platform.

[b]Dr Adetunji Adegbesan has a First Class Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, and a PhD in Strategic Management from the IESE Business School.

He is the Founder & CEO of Gidi Mobile Ltd; one of Nigeria’s fastest growing young firms, and the creators of gidimo, Africa’s first mobile learning and personal growth platform. gidimo (www.gidimo.com) is a pioneer in the mobile personal growth space, and was born of a desire to help young Africans to “learn, grow, and BE all that they can BE”.

With some 500m Africans below the age of 25, Gidimo is bringing cutting-edge mobile technology to addressing the knowledge gaps that must be bridged to create populations of optimistic, self-confident and self-driven young people.

Tunji is also one of Africa’s best-respected international scholars of competitive strategy. Prior to founding Gidi Mobile, he was Director of the Centre for Competitiveness & Strategy at the Lagos Business School, where he led sessions on Competitive Strategy, as well as on issues arising out of the intersection of Strategy, Technology, and Innovation. He is a past member of the Executive Committee of the Strategy Division of the global Academy of Management, as well as a past Global Representative for Africa of the Division.

He has also been a Representative-at-Large for the Competitive Strategy Interest Group of the Strategic Management Society, and a member of the Research and Strategic Planning Committee of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.

An amateur historian, philosopher, and student of culture and geo-political affairs, Tunji is also a keen footballer, a strong swimmer, and an enthusiastic skier.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:38am On Jul 22, 2017

Rack Centre CEO

[b] Ayotunde Coker is a business executive with over 25 years’ experience in the ICT Industry. He has international experience across Europe, USA, Asia and Africa as a consultant at Cap Gemini with global blue chip organisations, such as, ABN Amro Bank, UBS, JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Swiss Life and The Prudential. He held the position of Global Applications Director at BP the global oil and gas major, and prior to returning to Nigeria in 2009, was Chief Technology Officer for the United Kingdom Criminal Justice System, and CIO, UK Ministry of Justice. In 2007, he was Chair of the UK Enterprise IT Architecture Board. Since returning to Nigeria in 2009, Tunde was the Group CIO of Access Bank PLC where he played a key role in the bank’s transformation to a top tier bank in multiple countries in Africa, and has also served as the MD/CEO of Emerging Markets Payments, West Africa. He is a post graduate alumnus of Cranfield Institute of Technology, Fellow of the British Computer Society, Fellow of the Nigerian Institute For Government Research Leadership Technology, Honorary Senior Member of The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Credit Administration, and Member, UK Institute of Directors. He was voted as Nigeria IT Man of the Year 2016 at the Beacon of ICT awards. [/b]

9 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by TimJackJsm(m): 6:28am On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=BlackBlue post=58701392]
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 6:34am On Jul 22, 2017
oduastates:
Kam industries
Steel ,nails and rods
Kamoru and Bolanle yusuf

this Alhaji Kamoru Yusuf and his wife Bolanle, the brains behind Nigeria’s first independently owned cold roll steel complex, which they are building in Illorin, the capital of Kwara State. “The scrap material I use in making roof nail caps goes for around N50 [30 cents] per tonne in China. In Nigeria, they cost me N25,000 [$160]. I couldn’t compete successfully. I had to set up a factory in China to acquire scrap cheaply,” a smiling and now successful Alhaji Kamoru Yusuf says, reclining in his black leather office chair. His massive office overlooks the new white and blue steel plant in the large factory compound with warehouses holding rows and rows of nail-making machines. In many ways, the steel plant is his way of providing a local solution to his supply chain problems.
Alhaji kamoru is the largest maker of nails and coldrolled steel in Nigeria.Iboland is even one of his biggest markets.

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by khayman77: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2017
I wonder how some people will just develop hatred towards a peace-loving people. Some will say Yorubas have nothing to offer but we can clearly see that their claims were only created from inferiority complex... Eyin te mi let us use the stones they throw at us to build stepping stones (elevator) without feeling bothered. Let's keep the flag flying. Good morning cool

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2017
I have a huge stone to grind with mods, Your attitude of banning people's handle without pointing them to the specific rule violated and the specific erring post, makes all your operation to be shrouded in inequity, unfairness and abuse of office.

You banned dumaknesset and registered Knessetduma, how uncanny. If you don't address this murky administrative gragra riddled with injustice, your site will draw the Ire of your allies.

I say no more, I am deactivating this account also and I am done on nairaland for good and you will be surprised the number of people I might take with me.

As for the Igbos my job is done here, your lies and frauds have been exposed to the whole world, google was also copied.

Markfemi, laudate, oduastates, doemelo and other veterans, you guys deserve the iron cross. I am out.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by TundeBricklayer: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2017
IBB Boy not managing is Oga company well grin

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Bekwarra:
You Yoruba guys are some of the most wicked souls the world has ever seen. I went over the Igbo thread and by the time I got to the 3rd page, I was practically crying my heart out just because of two reasons
1. Despite the extraterrestrial and otherworldly efforts you guys are putting here, you still spared time and effort to decimate them and crush them to smithereens on their thread
2. You so much dealt with them that their commander in chief, general and leading tactician resorted to posting pictures of table water, loaves of bread and orange juice when I'm very sure the production capacity of University of Ibadan Ventures dwarfs that of those companies in that aspect.
My main grouse with our lousy, uncouth, loud-mouthed and saucy neighbours across the Niger who happen to be first cousins to some exotic breeds of chimps is their vain-glorying. They think everybody hates them but I can assure them nobody hates them. Everyone just seems to be tired of their empty chest beating and unbridled insolence. Although it's not a thing done by all of them, but it's done by most of them especially those among them who grew up in the East. The way they go about shouting Yoruba are against Biafra is nauseating. I look around our region here and I see people who don't give a rat ass about Biafra. The only Yoruba I see that seem to be a bit concerned about Biafra are those on the internet and I'm very sure 90% of them are there to taunt them and not that they really care whether they get Biafra or not.
I've seen this insecure whimps suffering from an acute inferiority complex attack Fulani, Hausa, Yoruba, Edo, Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik and a host of others here. They've made enemies of everybody. They have a siege mentality in which they think the whole world is against them. You all can continue wallowing in delusional grandeur but what I can assure you is this, an average Yoruba man on the street, an average Yoruba woman in the market is less concerned about whether you get Biafra or not. You are so inconsequential to their life and living thus you are dispensable. Don't use the conduct of a few Yoruba folks here to judge because I see you lot going about ranting like gorillas on heat with your obsession with Yorubas and how hey are holding you back. The folks you see here are doing all these to torment you psychologically, mentally and emotionally knowing how you are wired and the cry babies you can be. You are emotionally weak and gullible thus they use your weakness to torment you.
Yorubas like every other tribe have their own challenges which we acknowledge and will always work on, we are not perfect and will never pretend to be, like you lots do. But one thing is clear, as imperfect as we are, we are not your equals in any field of human development. No matter the indices, we are not on the same pedestal.
We are better by FAR

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deedeedee1: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2017
obaaderemi:
Alhaji kamoru is the largest maker of nails and coldrolled steel in Nigeria.Iboland is even one of his biggest markets.
I never knew many of these companies were founded by Yoruba people ooo. Omo we too get mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by freshest4live: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
The problem now is irrespective of tribe, the creativity of the private sector both at home and in the diaspora have to be felt in the nation. As a nation, we also have a large community in the diaspora to tap for the benefit of this nation, people who can invest here.
Entrepreneurship is the way forward, this our style of education sometimes could feel like a waste of time. Nysc programme should be converted to technical centers and other centers for businesses, while the N- power programme should be left for jobless youths with waec only, not graduates.
Agberos and touts who are jobless and play football from Monday till Sunday, they abound in this country.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by obaaderemi: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

I never knew many of these companies were founded by Yoruba people ooo. Omo we too get mouth.
You know the average yoruba is modest and doesn't like to blow his/her own trumpet unlike our friends.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by SolidGenius(m): 10:52am On Jul 22, 2017
Yerobas with their WordPress startups tongue

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by EvilMetahuman: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2017
Awon omo ale alatari pelebe have been thoroughly put where they belong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Wow Wow Wow

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Weldone guys kiss

But please,let's spread this gospel of truth and don't forget to archive these valuable information on our various.... cheesy(you know already and spread it across yorubas forums. cool cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Basic123: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
deedeedee1:

And me too oooo.

Its a big eye opener!,May Almighty God bless the OP.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 1:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
I have a huge stone to grind with mods, Your attitude of banning people's handle without pointing them to the specific rule violated and the specific erring post, makes all your operation to be shrouded in inequity, unfairness and abuse of office.

You banned dumaknesset and registered Knessetduma, how uncanny. If you don't address this murky administrative gragra riddled with injustice, your site will draw the Ire of your allies.

I say no more, I am deactivating this account also and I am done on nairaland for good and you will be surprised the number of people I might take with me.

As for the Igbos my job is done here, your lies and frauds have been exposed to the whole world, google was also copied.

Markfemi, laudate, oduastates, doemelo and other veterans, you guys deserve the iron cross. I am out.

Dumaknesset/Knessetduma, I just came across your parting words. To say the least, I am truly saddened by the fact that you chose this route. Why? There was no need to deactivate. While I can understand your anger & disappointment, I wish you had brought it to the floor of the house, using some other means. We could all have brainstormed on the issue and chipped in our 2 cents worth of advice on the best way to resolve this. You shouldn't let them win. And we all know who 'they' are.

Take my friend, Laudate. He was actually the one who invited me to NL. He has been on this forum for years, and has been banned countless times. The first few times he was banned, he tried to get back in via - LaudateII and Laudate IV. But those were banned in quick succession by the mods. There was one particular pro-Biaf.ran mod that witch hunted him to no end. But did he give up? No! He vowed not to let them run him off this forum, and laughed merrily at their antics, each time he was issued a ban.

Recently, he chided me for my apathy towards issues that had to do with my participation on NL, and accused me of sitting on the fence. He also challenged me to be consistent for 3 months in contributing my quota, to important topics on this forum. You see, I am very vocal on political issues, when I am in the midst of friends. But that is where it ends. Bringing my views to the public and trying to drive change, isn't my forte.

But I have discovered that if you keep your views to yourself sometimes, especially when you have the benefit of superior knowledge, then you allow ignorance to thrive. And those with nefarious motives end up polluting the atmosphere, with their asinine thoughts.

You have been a really valuable member on this thread. I for one, would be really sad to see you leave. As your contributions will be highly missed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by EvilMetahuman: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Yoruba bloggers should spread stories like this on their blogs to replace what those bastards flat head from east side spread on the internet that makes google suggest bad things.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2017

Moderating on NL frustrates, throws you of your game, off your strong argument and good discussion and even Violations and punishments are sometimes ridiculous, pointless, absurd and their judgement sucks. I used to respond to and argue their bans, I don't anymore because it's pointless, they are nothing but needless impediments and roadblocks that gets in your way. I just create another account and keep it moving.

Don't sweat it, just create another account and do you.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Justiceleague1: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:

Dumaknesset/Knessetduma, I just came across your parting words. To say the least, I am truly saddened by the fact that you chose this route. Why? There was no need to deactivate. While I can understand your anger & disappointment, I wish you had brought it to the floor of the house, using some other means. We could all have brainstormed on the issue and chipped in our 2 cents worth of advice on the best way to resolve this. You shouldn't let them win. And we all know who 'they' are.

Take my friend, Laudate. He was actually the one who invited me to NL. He has been on this forum for years, and has been banned countless times. The first few times he was banned, he tried to get back in via - LaudateII and Laudate IV. But those were banned in quick succession by the mods. There was one particular pro-Biaf.ran mod that witch hunted him to no end. But did he give up? No! He vowed not to let them run him off this forum, and laughed merrily at their antics, each time he was issued a ban.

Recently, he chided me for my apathy towards issues that had to do with my participation on NL, and accused me of sitting on the fence. He also challenged me to be consistent for 3 months in contributing my quota, to important topics on this forum. You see, I am very vocal on political issues, when I am in the midst of friends. But that is where it ends. Bringing my views to the public and trying to drive change, isn't my forte.

But I have discovered that if you keep your views to yourself sometimes, especially when you have the benefit of superior knowledge, then you allow ignorance to thrive. And those with nefarious motives end up polluting the atmosphere, with their asinine thoughts.

You have been a really valuable member on this thread. I for one, would be really sad to see you leave. As your contributions will be highly missed.

lolss...good riddance to bad rabbish....baahahahahahahaha........
Alla dem are taking Ratattack and otapiapia gradually because of the ever blessed Igbos.
See them,pretenders,suffering and whinning in silence....Ratattack citizens grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2017

Meet the Tryctor: A motorbike-turned-tractor targeting small farmers in Nigeria

The Tryctor: Nigeria’s First Made Tractor For Small-scale Farmers

While Nigeria’s agriculture sector employs the majority of the population and has a large contribution towards GDP, its true potential has yet to be unlocked.

The UN’s International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) estimates that only half of the country’s 71 million hectares of arable land is being cultivated, with irrigation on just 7% of irrigable land. And over the years local food production has not been able to keep up with population growth, resulting in rising food imports and prices. In fact, recent statistics reveal that Nigeria is spending ₦1.3tr ($6.5bn) annually importing food.

Part of the challenge is at least 80% of the country’s food is being produced by small-scale and subsistence farmers, who struggle to increase production. Most live in poverty and do not have the finances to improve farming yields through mechanisation. As a result they are forced to cultivate the land by hand and battle to move beyond subsistence.

It was knowledge of this that prompted Nigerian automobile designer Olufemi Odeleye to spend nearly 10 years developing the prototype for a low-cost, multipurpose, mini tractor – created with the Nigerian, and African, small-scale farmer in mind. His invention, dubbed the Tryctor, has been adapted from the traditional motorcycle and caught the attention of the Nigerian government which is currently piloting the solution among farmers. And this year Odeleye and his Tryctor are up for the Innovation Prize for Africa.

Make do with what you have

Odeleye spent years working for the automotive industry in the UK before returning to Nigeria with the hope of using his skills to benefit his home country.

“I identified the need to contribute to the number one Millennium Development Goal – to eradicate extreme hunger and poverty. I studied automobile design in the UK and on my return to Nigeria I started looking for ways in which I could contribute.”

His grandfather had been a farmer and Odeleye knew that unlocking the country’s agricultural potential could play a key role in eradicating poverty and hunger. Then, in 2004, he got the idea for the Tryctor while sitting in Nigerian traffic and watching hundreds of motorcycles zigzag around vehicles.

“It has always been my design philosophy that you should use things you have at your disposal to solve problems. So I saw the motorbikes and I thought I should be able to use them to do something… When I got home I immediately put pen to paper and did some sketches and modified a motorbike and about a month later I made a prototype, which was basically the first of seven prototypes,” he explained.

“And that is how I started. I saw that opportunity; it came to me in a light-bulb moment.”

The final solution is a three-wheel mini-tractor with tyres suitable for farming and a 30-horsepower engine that can be used as a generator. Alterations to a motorbike’s chassis and gearing system means it operates similarly to a traditional tractor, and it comes with various farming implements – a disc plough, harrow and trailer – which can be attached to improve production, supply markets and ultimate increase revenue.

The Tryctor ploughing a field.
The Tryctor ploughing a field.
“A lot of crops go to waste – as much as 40% in some areas – and this is largely due to the fact that rural farmers don’t have access to the markets in nearby towns or storage facilities where they can take their grains to be stored for the next harvest,” explained Odeleye.

“The Tryctor can solve this because it comes with a trailer which can be attached to easily transport harvests from farms to storage facilities or nearby markets for sale.”

Furthermore, its engine can be used to power processing machines, such as those used for shelling maize, as well as irrigation pumps. “And it can also provide an alternative source of electricity so a farmer could always use it to power his home. It is a multipurpose tractor which brings value to the small-scale farmer in terms of increasing their income and improving their standards of living basically.”

Reducing costs

According to Odeleye, traditional tractors in the market are priced around ₦4m (about $20,000) – and that is without including the cost of necessary farming implements. On the other hand the Tryctor, together with the three implements, is currently priced at ₦1.9m ($9,500). Maintenance costs are also lower as around 60% of its parts can be locally sourced.

But Odeleye highlights that this is still unaffordable to the majority of smallholder farmers.

“Even if it costs $2,000, the reality is that in Africa you don’t really get smallholder farmers who can afford that.”

However, he sees potential in implementing a renting model through partnerships with agricultural equipment companies and other organisations.

“We are also targeting farming cooperatives that normally have better buying power than single farmers,” he added.

“The whole idea is farming cooperatives can come together, buy maybe two or five, and share them among their members. They can then also rent it out to other farmers to generate income. So those are the routes which we are looking at.”

In 2013 the Nigerian government financed the first 10 to be manufactured and started testing them in the market seven months ago. “We should be concluding the pilot programme by the end of this year and then we can begin fully commercialising it.”

So what is Odeleye’s advice to others looking to bring innovative solutions to the African market? Follow your passion, use the resources and skills you have, and always remember there is more than one way of doing things.

“Look around you. If you genuinely have a desire to help Africa, then look at things relating to your field… or areas you are able to contribute to. There is always an alternative way to doing things and it might end up being simpler, easier and cheaper than conventional ways. So as long as you have that mindset you will be able to innovate. And if you have passion, it will drive you through the whole, difficult process of bringing it to success

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by oduastates: 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
freshest4live:
The problem now is irrespective of tribe, the creativity of the private sector both at home and in the diaspora have to be felt in the nation. As a nation, we also have a large community in the diaspora to tap for the benefit of this nation, people who can invest here.
Entrepreneurship is the way forward, this our style of education sometimes could feel like a waste of time. Nysc programme should be converted to technical centers and other centers for businesses, while the N- power programme should be left for jobless youths with waec only, not graduates.
Agberos and touts who are jobless and play football from Monday till Sunday, they abound in this country.

I will tell you the problem .
The problem is oil.
Once they have shared the money ,
They could not give a rat what happens in the rest of the economy.
They only know how to build more and more headquarters to house unproductive civil servants
Hospitals
Roads
Electricity
Airports
Railways
Water works
Schools etc
All dysfunctional or non existent.

By the way , our governors could redirect the educational curriculum and use these people to focus on skills and research rather than the cram fest we have today. For instance ,computer science departments could be handed over to these tech guys to handle for a nominal sum.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Justiceleague1: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Igbo bloggers should spread stories like this on their blogs to replace what those bastard cone heads from waste side spread on the internet that makes google suggest bad things.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2017
Justiceleague1:
[s]lolss...good riddance to bad rabbish....baahahahahahahaha........
Alla dem are taking Ratattack and otapiapia gradually because of the ever blessed Igbos.
See them,pretenders,suffering and whinning in silence....Ratattack citizens [/s]grin

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
[img]http://oyinkansviews.files./2015/06/ayobami-onobokun.png[/img]

Ayobami Onibokun.

Founder/CEO RepairAm.com.

RepairAm.com is an online gadget repair service which enables anyone to make repair orders online. It is a very simple idea as users/customer are required to go to the website and make a repair order for their faulty gadgets like laptops, desktops, smartphones and any mobile device. Once the person makes an order, which will have all the details we need, we pick up the device, fix and deliver back to the customer.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Justiceleague1: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
You Igbo guys are some of the most wicked souls the world has ever seen. I went over the cone heads thread and by the time I got to the 3rd page, I was practically crying my heart out just because of two reasons
2. You so much dealt with them that their commander in chief, general and leading tactician resorted to posting pictures of Nganti pure water, plates of amala and ewedu,bottles of ogogoro and chelsea,loaves of agege bread and zobo juice when I'm very sure the production capacity of University of Nigeria Nsukka Ventures dwarfs that of those companies in that aspect.
My main grouse with our lousy, uncouth, loud-mouthed and saucy neighbours from wasteland who happen to be first cousins to some exotic breeds of chimps is their vain-glorying. They think everybody hates them but I can assure them nobody hates them. Everyone just seems to be tired of their empty agbero like noice making and unbridled insolence. Although it's not a thing done by all of them, but it's done by most of them coneheads,especially those among them who grew up in the west. The way they go about shouting Igbos are against coneheads is nauseating. I look around my eastern brethren's region and I see people who don't give a rat ass about Coneheads and otapiapia dirty citizens. The only Igbo I see that seem to be a bit concerned about Coneheads are those on the internet and I'm very sure 90% of them are there to taunt them and not that they really care whether they get the republic of...whats the name of that ogogoro drinka that fell from the sky sef, or not.
I've seen this insecure muftau whimps suffering from an acute inferiority complex attack their masters Fulani, Hausa and also Edo, Uhrobo, Ikwerre, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik and a host of others here. Coneheads've made enemies of everybody. Coneheads have a siege mentality in which they think the whole world is against them. You all can continue wallowing in delusional grandeur but what I can assure you Coneheads is this, an average Igbo man on the street, an average Igbo woman in the market is less concerned about whether you get Oduduwa rep or not. You are so inconsequential to their life and living thus you are dispensable. Don't use the conduct of a few Igbo folks here to judge because I see you lot going about ranting like gorillas on heat with your obsession with Igbos and how they are holding you back. The folks you see here are doing all these to torment you psychologically, mentally and emotionally knowing how you are wired and the cry babies you can be. You are emotionally weak and gullible thus they use your weakness to torment you.
Igbos like every other tribe have their own challenges which we acknowledge and will always work on, we are not perfect and will never pretend to be, like you lots do. But one thing is clear, as imperfect as we are, we are not your equals in any field of human development. No matter the indices, we are not on the same pedestal.
We are better by FAR

IGBO KWENU!

grin

God bless all our efforts.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Justiceleague1: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
CeterisXVII:
E pepper am grin E pain am die grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.