Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (583471 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee3: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
To the mod that banned my first account. Aba iyalaya e. Omo oshi. Oloriburuku somebody

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Drogbs: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Deedeedee3:
To the mod that banned my first account. Aba iyalaya e. Omo oshi. Oloriburuku somebody
Relax its not that serious, do you have a real life job besides NLanding?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee3: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Relax its not that serious, do you have a real life job besides NLanding?
Who is this Nit wit?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by SolidGenius(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Haha you lazy rodents have ran short of pictures... So your Paint faced uglyyyy ladies have now become your service industry??

Guys hustle for more pictures this thread shouldn't be an Ibadan fashion fare

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
Deedeedee3:
No, no, no! Pls stop it! I don't want to laugh again tonight! This is just too funny for words...

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Vivere: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
SolidGenius:
Haha you lazy rodents have ran short of pictures... So your Paint faced uglyyyy ladies have now become your service industry??

Guys hustle for more pictures this thread shouldn't be an Ibadan fashion fare
Drogbs:
We now glorify women who paint themselves silly in the name of beauty, Only glamorous thing about those women are the aso oke's they got on.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jetleeee:

That's Shibuke. Okoyibo's friend. grin You shouldn't have replied him
Baba no vex jare, amukunmeko yen bimi ninu ni jare

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:

Oponu you don chop today? Mama Ngozi dey serve free food for buka, oya arrange your plate for queue for line

Cannibal, you don chop baby factory today? Mama Shukudi dey serve free leg and protruding mouth.Oya arrange your plate for queue for line.So you mumu like this,olori pekebe..After you don finish your factory baby make you go collect your indudtries for El Rufai pocket..

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee3: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
mercyville:

Cannibal, you don chop baby factory today? Mama Shukudi dey serve free leg and protruding mouth.Oya arrange your plate for queue for line.So you mumu like this,olori pekebe..After you don finish your factory baby make you go collect your indudtries for El Rufai pocket..
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!
Aye mi oo!!!!!!
You have finished the flat-head.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jahel: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
DMT MOBILE AND PORTABLE TOILETS was conceived in 1992 when a young man, ISAAC DUROJAIYE a.k.a OTUNBA GADAFFI(SAN) mooted the idea of providing mobile toilets to serve outdoor events but this idea did not come into reality until 1996 when the first WAGON TOILET was manufactured locally. But in 1999 the company complemented its locally produced wagon toilets with about 30 plastic portable toilets imported from the UK. However, to fulfill a burning desire to localize production of the plastic toilets, the company acquired necessary technology, to start manufacturing high quality plastic mobile toilets in Nigeria in the year 2002. DMT MOBILE AND PORTABLE TOILETS are the pioneer mobile toilet company in Nigeria and at present the only manufacturer in the West African sub-region.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Vivere: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Drogbs:
Badoo dey recruit new members, you don ginger your grinding stone to mine some skulls tonight? we never learn work for where una dey, awon skull miners grin

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jahel:
DMT MOBILE AND PORTABLE TOILETS was conceived in 1992 when a young man, ISAAC DUROJAIYE a.k.a OTUNBA GADAFFI(SAN) mooted the idea of providing mobile toilets to serve outdoor events but this idea did not come into reality until 1996 when the first WAGON TOILET was manufactured locally. But in 1999 the company complemented its locally produced wagon toilets with about 30 plastic portable toilets imported from the UK. However, to fulfill a burning desire to localize production of the plastic toilets, the company acquired necessary technology, to start manufacturing high quality plastic mobile toilets in Nigeria in the year 2002. DMT MOBILE AND PORTABLE TOILETS are the pioneer mobile toilet company in Nigeria and at present the only manufacturer in the West African sub-region.
If they had someone like Otunba Gaddafi in their region, they wouldn't be celebrating the commissioning of toilets.
Only in Alaigbo will a governor be commissioning a feeling station while the fools go about ranting Stanel everywhere. Olafat in Ibadan is not your Stanel's mate kill yourself.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Drogbs: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
mercyville:

The only export of Igbos to the SW.
Who mines skull like a cannibal?Go munch your baby factory and stop disgracing your fellow cannibals.
Blah blah blah..same ol' recycled line, come up with something new abi badoo grinding stone don smash creativity comot for your skull? grin cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
I beg all Omoluabi on this thread not to engage the potopoto boys in petty argument and mudslinging. They are pigs that enjoy fighting in the mud. Please don't let them drag into the mud, do not reply their senseless posts rather report them to the mod and get them blocked.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Drogbs: 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Bekwarra:

If they had someone like Otunba Gaddafi in their region, they wouldn't be celebrating the commissioning of toilets.
Only in Alaigbo will a governor be commissioning a feeling station while the fools go about ranting Stanel everywhere. Olafat in Ibadan is not your Stanel's mate kill yourself.
Una no dey shame, na pioneering of toilets dey make una vibrate like this? Chei Nigeria is a joke grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee3: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
hilroy:
I beg all Omoluabi on this thread not to engage the potopoto boys in petty argument and mudslinging. They are pigs that enjoy fighting in the mud. Please don't let them drag into the mud, do not reply their senseless posts rather report them to the mod and get them blocked.
I think you are right. We should ignore them. Egbon mercyville ejo o ti to.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 11:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Amo Byng popularly known as Amo Sanders was established by Shina Amoje in the late 80s. It's one of the largest poultry farms and feed mills I'm Nigeria. Bigger than any other one from he South East. Check them out

Amo Byng Nigeria Limited was established in 1987 to produce high quality Feed Concentrates, and Finished feeds. We supply our products to farmers all over the country and in West Africa. Our main objective is to operate a state-of-the-art Feed mill that will consistently provide the best quality products available in Nigeria
https://amobyng.com.ng/new/index.php/about-us/
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jahel: 11:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Opeyemi Awoyemi
Co-founder of JOBBERMAN, Subsaharan Africa’s biggest jobs and career website with more than 2,000,000 users and 40,000 employers; and WHOGOHOST, Nigeria’s biggest indigenous web hosting and domain registration company in Nigeria serving over 13000 clients, Opeyemi graduated from the Obafemi Awolowo University with Second Class Upper honours in Computer Engineering in 2010 and has also taken Executive Courses at the Wharton Business School and University of California, Berkeley.
He has been recognized as by Forbes as one of Nigerians Top Entrepreneurs Under 30 and he has received numerous awards, nominations and honourable mentions on dignified platforms like the Guardian’s young entrepreneurs to watch out for in 2014, Business Day Entrepreneur Awards and The Future Africa Awards Prize in Enterprise Support, 2013. He’s also been recognized by leading figures such as VP Osinbajo and Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder.
He is also an Adjunct faculty at the School of Media and Communications,
Pan Atlantic University , Lagos and a member of the Institute of Directors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Olodogbo of Odogbo-Ijesha, Olatunde Ogiini is the MD/CEO Tiger Beach Security Services, Flogin Water Resources, Olatunde Oginni Property among other businesses.

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by OkoYibo: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2017
Jetleeee:

That's Shibuke. Okoyibo's friend. grin You shouldn't have replied him

Don't mind that boy. It's because of unintelligent posters like him that their wawa Governor in Abakaliki banned all of them from posting on FB.

Anyaway, I've advised his parents to sacrifice him to appease the gods of foo!ishness.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 12:08am On Jul 23, 2017

Founder of Drinks.ng.

[b]I schooled my whole life in the UK, except for the 3 years I went to Secondary School in Nigeria. I went to London Metropolitan University. From College through University, I studied Marketing and Advertising. My first job was with Universal Pictures. I actually worked on marketing DVDs for the 50th Anniversary of the Champions League. I also worked on the first Fast and Furious movies and a lot of others. I went from there to a Digital Agency, Vizeum. From there I went to Zenith Optimedia which is also in Nigeria. There I helped launch HP’s online digital marketing campaign. When I took over it was in 5 countries – UK, US , Germany France and Italy – and I grew that into 25 countries, including Nigeria. From there I moved to Coremetrics, which was a Silicon Valley startup. Over the course of the 2 years I was there, we got taken over by IBM. That’s how I made my way into IBM. I was in IBM for a while running the Digital Marketing arm.

drinks.ng-lanre-akinlagun_6

Around that time Jason Njoku, whom I’ve known since childhood, called that he was doing this thing with Nollywood. It was a fantastic idea. At the time, I had no connection or relation with Nigeria at all, apart from the 3 years I was here for boarding school, which I hated. When IBM bought us, a lot of our bosses at the time cashed out a great deal. I thought I’d give it a try so I left IBM, which was a huge risk, and joined iROKO. I set up the iROKO UK office and after iROKO grew – I joined just before they secured investment – I was back and forth in Nigeria. That’s around the time the idea for Drinks.ng came.

So what inspired Drinks.ng?

I’ve always invested in wine from University; I drink a lot. But the main thing was that when Jason was getting married, we had to go through somebody to get the drinks. In the UK, if you want to buy a lot of drinks, you go to a wholesale warehouse. It’s that simple. In Nigeria, you have to go to some market in Lagos Island, outside in the open and hot weather. I took us 5 hours to get drinks sorted out. I thought that was wrong. I also saw that the retail space in Nigeria was infant, whether it was consumer goods, groceries, but especially for drinks. There was such a big problem of people being worried about buying fake or original drinks. So I thought I’d set up a trusted brand that people can connect with and here we are.[/b]
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jetleeee: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2017
OkoYibo:

Don't mind that boy. It's because of unintelligent posters like him that their wawa Governor in Abakaliki banned all of them from posting on FB.

Anyway, I've advised his parents to sacrifice him to appease the gods of foo!ishness.

11 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Bekwarra(m): 12:10am On Jul 23, 2017
About Reynolds Construction Company one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria

CHAIRMAN
ENGR. (CHIEF) SAMUEL OLATUNDE FADAHUNSI, OFR, CON
B.Sc. (Civil Engineering); FNSE
Born in 1920 at Ilesa, Nigeria, Engr. Fadahunsi is a doyen of engineering profession in Nigeria.
Engr. Fadahunsi graduated from the University of London in 1951. A past President of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), he started off his professional career as an Engineer with an engineering consultancy firm in London. Upon his return to Nigeria, he joined Western Nigeria Government in 1955 and rose to the position of Chief Water Engineer of Western Region of Nigeria.
He later served as the Chief Executive Officer of Lagos Executive Development Board (the fore-runner of the present day Lagos State Development and Property Corporation) between 1963 and 1971. He went into private practice in 1971 and established an engineering consultancy firm, Comprehensive Engineering Consultants. The firm has a rich experience in the design and supervision of several projects in diverse areas of engineering.
http://www.rccnigeria.com/board_of_directors.html

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomello: 12:14am On Jul 23, 2017

Founder of DrinksNG

Established by Lanre Akinlagun, a graduate of marketing and multimedia at the London Guildhall University, the platform allows its visitors to discretely order all kinds of drinks – both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, popular energy drinks and choice spirits.

With his 9-year experience working in digital marketing at various international establishments, the marketing and multimedia expert said he was exposed to lots of technology. But that wasn’t enough.

It took the plight of his friend who had issues with ordering drinks at his wedding for Lanre to realize that there is a great challenge in Nigeria’s drinks supply chain – something that is also an opportunity for a smart businessman who has no experience in selling drinks; the only link he had then with drinks was as a consumer buying his own drinks, and maybe tipping the barman

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Vivere: 12:24am On Jul 23, 2017
Jahel:

Erin wo! cry Sadly, Otunba Gadaffi Isaac Durojaiye Agbetusin,Vice Chairman of the DMT mobile toilets died on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 and was buried at Vaults and Garden Ikoyi,Lagos on Wednesday the 28th.

Otunba Isaac Durujaiye Agbetusin became popular during the hey days of Chief MKO Abiola, when he earned a job as his chief bodyguard. Before then,he had had a stint in the United Kingdom, where he studied graphics. Body building then earned him bodyguard jobs with heavy weight champion Frank Bruno and entertainer Eddy Murphy, before he returned to Nigeria. It was a few years ago that he started promoting the idea of DMT mobile toilet system, which became an instant hit all over Nigeria with patronage from all sides. http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=158577.0 ; https://www.nigeriafilms.com/celebrity-gossips/108-special-report/15135-the-many-women-of-otunba-gadaffi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (319) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.