Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586922 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 12:22am On Aug 19, 2017
Omotade Alalade is an unusual woman, who can feel the pain of others around her, especially infertile women. Instead of just sympathising with them, she decided to do something about it, because she had gone through a similar situation herself. So she launched the BeiBei Haven Foundation to assist infertile couples, and with the first edition of the BeiBei Haven Fertility Walk, she was able to raise millions of Naira to fund couples who can’t afford fertility treatment.

Ques: How easy was it for you to go public with your infertility story?
"It was extremely difficult. Initially, I didn’t want to go public with it. I’m a very private person, and so is my husband, so telling my story wasn’t something I even considered. But when I had a bad miscarriage, I started to help people. I would just go to a random person that I knew had been married for a few years without children. I would tell them my story and from there, they would open up, that was how I started."

"The beginning of this year, God made it clear to me that I needed to go public. He told me I needed to tell people my story. He used a certain someone to let me know I needed to come out and tell my story. After that, I still had to settle it within myself. I had to decide if I was ready to deal with the fall out of going public with my story, and anything that had to do with it.

Once I was ready, I then had to speak to my husband about it. That was a mission in itself. It took a while but once he actually gave his blessing to it, that was when I was able to publicly come out and tell my story."

My journey was a very lonely one. I dealt with too much on my own. As I said earlier, I’m a very private person, so I didn’t want to talk to anyone that hadn’t gone through it. I didn’t want to be a pity party. I didn’t want my story to elicit any “Eeeyahh sorry.” I only wanted to talk to someone who had been there, but I didn’t find anyone like that.

I basically went through it alone. I went through the ups and downs. It affected nearly every area of my life. But after a while I got to understand that it wasn’t my fault, it just happened to me. I had to let go, and let God take control. " http://thefertilechickonline.com/tfc-chats-with-the-founder-of-beibei-haven-foundation-omotade-alalade/

Omotade Alalade decided to do this foundation, because a lot of people are very quiet about fertility issues. And that indirectly meant that a lot of people would be struggling alone. Her aim is to help as many people as she can with her strength. She knows that support and knowledge go a long way, in helping women deal with infertility and baby loss.

She believes different people are called to do different things, and her calling is to create physical direct avenues, to get support for people’s fertility journeys, using social events as an avenue. She is involved in a lot of events in relation to fertility, as this is where her passion lies. Her motivation is just to be able to help that one person who is struggling through any aspects of infertility.

When the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) chose its list of inspirational and influential women for 2016, Omotade Alalade was one of the 14 African women finalists who made the grade, along with other superstars such as Grammy winner, Alicia Keys, and Olympic medalist, Simon Biles.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by idealogical: 12:24am On Aug 19, 2017

DR. BAMIDELE O. MAKANJUOLA

The Chairman, Vitafoam Group.

He is a first class Chemical Engineering graduate of University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Chemical Engineering and Economics from the Loughborough University of Technology, UK. He is a member of both the Polymer Institute of Nigeria and the Nigerian Society of Engineers. Prior to his appointment as the Chairman of Vitafoam Group, He has served as the Executive Director in charge of Corporate Planning and Development in December 2001 and appointed as the Managing Director on 1st April, 2006.
Chairman
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy007: 12:26am On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

My aim is to grow this thread by whatever means. That is why I am here.

No matter what you post here, looonatic flatiyeasterners may end up beating empty chests like chimps if their thread catches up with this one in terms of pages. That is all they are aiming for now.

Before I came here, the thread was becoming dull and slow while the other dustbin of a thread was fast gaining ground. Now this one is alive again and growing fast. And it hasnt lost its purpose still.

Learn to be grateful!

Brother, this thread is not about getting high number of pages, it is about putting valuable and quality information on it. We all know that even if those Igbos pages get to 1000 pages, 950 out of it is garbage. Hope you understand what I'm saying.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by idealogical: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2017

Dr. Ayotunde Adebayo, PhD.

Chairman

Dr. Ayotunde Adebayo has over 28years experience in manpower development. He is versed in using and optimizing computing tools in training sessions. He has trained extensively on IT, biometrics, due diligence, HR Best practices, performance management, governance, marketing, leadership, sales, strategy, business management & attended workshops in several countries in Europe & Africa/Middle East. He has led, developed and delivered several training courses covering CIT, leadership, marketing, sales, customer care, branding, teamwork and organizational efficiency. He has published several articles in business and academic journals. Ayotunde has a PhD and also lectures at the University of Lagos. He is the Managing Partner at HOWES Consulting, Lead Partner at TARON Consulting Limited and Chairman, TARON Homes.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by idealogical: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2017

Odusami Olukayode E.
Managing Director

A graduate of Mechanical Engineering from the Yaba College of Technology. He also obtained a degree in Fundamentals of Project Management from the Villanova University, United States of America.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee5: 12:36am On Aug 19, 2017
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Deedeedee5: 12:39am On Aug 19, 2017
idealogical:

DR. BAMIDELE O. MAKANJUOLA

The Chairman, Vitafoam Group.

So na Yoruba get vitafoam. I just cant imagine how oodua republic will be. We dont beat chest.
laudate
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:00am On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

The 1% is a bad idea.

If you allow it, it will make Lagos a 'no man's land'.

Someone should please educate this boy
Niger delta gets 13%
Lagos deserves the same

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy007: 6:51am On Aug 19, 2017
Hajara Adeola
Managing Director and Chief Executive of Lotus Capital Limited

Hajara Adeola is the Managing Director of Lotus Capital Limited, a Nigerian pioneer in Shari'ah compliant Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Advisory Services and Financial Advisory Services. She comes to Lotus Capital from UBS Warburg where she was a Director heading their London Islamic Finance Desk. Prior to joining UBS, she was a Convertible Bond Research Analyst at BNP Paribas, London.
Hajara Adeola began her career as a consultant at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). From there she joined ARM Investment Managers as a pioneer staff and rose to Vice-President and Head of the Research and Financial Advisory Units. In all, she has over 20 years of international experience in research and analysis, investment management and corporate finance.
She holds an M.Sc in Finance from Durham University where she specialized in Islamic Finance. She also holds an MBA in International Management from Exeter University and a B.Sc in Pharmacology from King's College, London. Mrs. Adeola was the first President of the Fund Manager's Association of Nigeria and is a West African Fellow of the Aspen Leadership Initiative. She is also the Chairperson of the Securities & Exchange Commission’s non-interest capital market 10 year master plan committee and a Director of the Aliko Dangote Foundation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.