Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (588255 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
Markfemi2:

this guy you dont seem to have deep sense of yoruba history with some of your statements you make
thank God you fall in minority

How did you come to those conclusion?
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
idealogical:

Dr. Taiwo Olayinka Afolabi, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SIFAX Group

Oh My Good God!!!!!!!This thread is really doing things to me positively and in the very nearest future the world will be reading great and positive things about me too like these almost uncountable business moguls you good people have been posting.All omoluabis should be thankful to God and worship HIM dearly because HE has really blessed us.We give thanks to HIM.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by NCP: 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Weldone guys.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Who forced them to the north?

Their land fell in the north.

Where were you when Afonja sought Alimi's support to secede from Oyo?

Don't fight what you can't change!

i think i will start to doubt your yorubaness cause you dont really know history
only ilorin was lost to alimi
offa, ignomiba and okun, jebba were not lost to alimi and today they make up 70% of both states
pls you seem to be hell bent on defending slavery

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Who forced them to the north?

Their land fell in the north.

Where were you when Afonja sought Alimi's support to secede from Oyo?

Don't fight what you can't change!
Come..are you really Yoruba or one of these very few Ilorin Fulani_ Yoruba who systematically support the Hausas? They bare Yoruba names but their minds are with their northern brethren. You better choose where you want to belong to before it is too late.If you want to be ruled by a Muslim ruler in Ilorin..one staunch Yoruba Muslim would be made the king without the traditional oba ceremonial rituals some Yoruba obas do.This would be agreed upon.Choose wisely and stop supporting backwardness.Restructuring will not reduce the northern senators and reps who had always voted for the backwardness of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
iblawi:

How did you come to those conclusion?

1) He just claimed the entire Kwara and Kogi was lost to north where as only ilorin was lost thanks to alimi
and that you lost a region in the past does not mean you cant get it back
uk returned hong kong
portugal returned macao
2) he said lagos and ogun does not contribute to nigerian royalties, thats one of the biggest lies i have heard in my life
adeosun her self just confesses 55% of vat comes from lagos alone
3) i also stated about 15% of population allocated to north and he wrote forget about that one
4) hes also begging other tribes so yoruba can survival which i find not only embarrasing but demeaning

the earlier yoruba wakes up and realize southerners are slaves in the nigerian contraption forced to give tributary income to a central govenrment that will distribute more to the north
there is no point of yoruba book smartness
while we have a great portion of us who lack native ethnic intelligence .

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
mercyville:
Come..are you really Yoruba or one of these very few Ilorin Fulani_ Yoruba who systematically support the Hausas? They bare Yoruba names but their minds are with their northern brethren. You better choose where you want to belong to before it is too late.If you want to be ruled by a Muslim ruler in Ilorin..one staunch Yoruba Muslim would be made the king without the traditional oba ceremonial rituals some Yoruba obas do.This would be agreed upon.Choose wisely and stop supporting backwardness.Restructuring will not reduce the northern senators and reps who had always voted for the backwardness of Nigeria.

thank God for your contributions
i thought i was the only one irritated at how hes defending slavery of yoruba land
im saying economic freedom hes saying we should manage fulani
maybe hes a fulani man from ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by FlyoruB: 3:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
mercyville:

I think he's the same person as that sarr..ki character that constitutes a nuisance on here. You can tell by the way some of those ilorin/fula Yorubas reason. Very slavish in their mentality. They are free to merge with the rest of the North when this damned country disintegrates for all I care.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Customer80:
aren't you the one taunting Biafra under Ohamadike Kanu?

i dont have an issue with biafra
i have an issue with kanus method
i have realised north will never agree to resrtuctring and the best thing is for us to go our seperate ways
i dont understand the fulani slave defending a system designed to damage yoruba progress
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
FlyoruB:

I think he's the same person as that sarr..ki character that constitutes a nuisance on here. You can tell by the way some of those ilorin/fula Yorubas reason. Very slavish in their mentality. They are free to merge with the rest of the North when this damned country disintegrates for all I care.

no o exclude non ilorin yoruba from kwara
the yorubas in kogi are not slavish thinking
they know they come from ife
the ilorin can form state with nupe and continue to lick ass of emir gambari
if they are not willing to rescue themselves there is very little we other yoruba subgroups can do
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
laudate:

Edward Ola Akinlade studied accounting at the South Bank University, in the United Kingdom, and became a fully qualified accountant through the London School of Accountancy, England. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) U.K, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). Akinlade incorporated the Suru Group (“SGL”) in November 2008, as a private limited liability company. It started by trading in real estate, an activity which gave rise to the property arm of Suru Group Ltd. The group has invested massively in hospitality, real estate development, agriculture, and financial services. It plans to further invest in energy generation, mining, and manufacturing.

Suru Group has successfully developed and marketed luxury residential apartments, in the district of Ikeja GRA, an upper-class segment of Lagos metropolis. Their Chairman, Edward Akinlade pioneered the development of co-operative upscale developments, of luxury terraced housing units, in the local Nigerian market, which completely redesigned the Ikeja GRA Lagos skyline. He also possesses excellent advisory and project implementation skills. Suru Group is a subsidiary of Haldane McCall Plc, UK which is also owned by Akinlade.

In the hospitality sector, Suru Group has successfully built a few tastefully furnished three star hotels. These hotels have a strategic relationship with Best Western International, a foreign hotel brand, and they operate under its brand name in West Africa, trading as "Best Western Hotel’’. Each hotel is managed by African Sun, a South African company. Suru Group also owns different budget hotels in Lagos, operating under the Suru Express Brand, which serve as a prototype for West Africa. The Group is also the owner of 94 self serviced apartments in the city of London, which cater for the growing short-let accommodation needs of international visitors to the city of London.

Suru Group wants to develop further five three-star Hotels under the Best Western brand, 45 budget hotels under Suru Express Brand, and build 900 units of low cost residential estate, to support the federal government drive of affordable housing for all. It has acquired large expanse of land in Lagos state, the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, to build the low cost housing units.

Laudate..Laudate..Laudate.I have always enjoyed your posts.you are not Yoruba but you have shown tremendous love to the great Yoruba race.May GOD shower you with eternal mercies..You are such a precious gem..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
It seems deomelo's handle has been banned by the anti-spam bot. In that case, Mr. laudate, shey you fit help us with something on John Tanimola Obaro, the Founder and CEO/MD of SystemSpecs (Remita)? Abi we don already cover am?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by mercyville: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Markfemi2:

thank God for your contributions
i thought i was the only one irritated at how hes defending slavery of yoruba land
im saying economic freedom hes saying we should manage fulani
maybe hes a fulani man from ilorin
He should be because of the way he reasons.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
mercyville:

im suspecting he is fulani from ilorin or just an ignorant guy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
mercyville:
He should be because of the way he reasons.

the good thing is that he falls in a minority
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
Bolanle Austen-Peters, attended the Command Secondary School Ibadan, the International School, Ibadan and the University of Lagos for her undergraduate studies. She earned a Master's degree in International Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science.

Bolanle Austen-Peters, started her career in her father's chambers, a private law firm owned by Chief Afe Babalola, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. She moved on to work with the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights in Switzerland, and later joined the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, and the United Nations Development Program. She founded an arts, education and cultural centre called Terra Kulture in 2003. Terra Kulture has organised over 200 exhibitions till date. The center has a restaurant serving Nigerian cuisine, a bookstore as well as a cultural venue, hosting exhibitions of Nigerian art, theater, and book readings as well as language classes in the three main Nigerian languages, Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba.

With the creation of Bolanle Austen-Peters Productions (BAP Productions) in 2013, she raised the bar in the theater industry, with the production of SARO the Musical, which received a number of accolades and reviews, from international media houses including the BBC and Sky news. She has since produced five additional commissioned plays. In response to reviews from the press and theatre experts, between December 2014 and April 2015, Bolanle's firm produced 'SARO THE MUSICAL' 2 at the MUSON Center, with even better music, drama and dance.

Due to sold out shows and increasing demand locally and internationally, Bolanle Austen-Peters further stimulated interest in Nigerian theatrical production with premiere of Broadway style musical production titled 'Wakaa The Musical' from December 30th 2015 to January 3rd 2016 at the MUSON Center, Onikan, Lagos.

BAP Production moved its production to an international audience with 'Wakaa The Musical' becoming the first Nigerian Musical to be staged in London’s West End. 'Wakaa The Musical' recorded a historic sold out show, at the Shaw theatre in London from July 21 – 25, 2016.

In 2016, Austen-Peters conceived a plan to build the first ever purpose-built private theater in Nigeria, Terra Kulture Arena. The Arena had its grand opening on 25th and 26th March of 2017, hosting a total of 1,200 guests in its 400-seats space. Bolanle is married to Dr. Adegboyega Austen-Peters, the son of the late Olofin Ijaye of Lagos.

[img]https://terrakulture.files./2012/08/image_14.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

That is your own cup of tea.

The day you graduate from school and/or land a good job your orientation will change.

You keep sounding like my 3rd sibling.

Only nonentities will say a bird in hand is not better than the several in the bush.

I doubt if any of the high achievers you have profiled will clamour for Nigeria's disintegration.

If Nigeria must disintegrate then it must happen naturally and peacefully.
Afterall, USSR disintegrated peacefully.

Small boy!

Fulani of ilorin
No one is calling for war don't shift goal post
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 4:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

How then do you want to disintegrate the country?

By ranting on Nairaland

Agitation for restructuring if you have watched Tv Alimi you will see it's going on
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Markfemi2: 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

Was I ever against the agitation for restructuring

And if no restructuring.... dissolution!!
Don't be a slave wake up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.