Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (587078 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MasterChen: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2017
Makanjuola Oyewumi - The owner of Jericho Mall, Ibadan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MasterChen: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2017
Rotimi Sekoni - CEO of Baton Nigeria. The company kicked off production of toothpicks just last year after CBN switched off dollar tap on 41 items

Today, with 43 staff per shift, Baton produces about 60 million sticks of tooth pick per month. It aims at producing 4 billion per each year by end of 2018.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MasterChen: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2017
I'm just dropping them here so I don't forget. I'll add more details to my posts later

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
Rotimi Sekoni - CEO of Baton Nigeria. The company kicked off production of toothpicks just last year after CBN switched off dollar tap on 41 items

Today, with 43 staff per shift, Baton produces about 60 million sticks of tooth pick per month. It aims at producing 4 billion per each year by end of 2018.
Great news! wink
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway2: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
The best thread of the year grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway2: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:

Nice!!!

kiss
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway2: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2017
MasterChen:
Top services limited. One of the biggest real estate companies in Nigeria. The company is owned by Chief Tokunbo Omisore

They developed Adeniran Ogunsanya Mall, Surulere, Apapa Mall, Apapa, Cocoa Mall, Dugbe and Akure Mall, Akure, all of which are currently operational and have occupancy rates of over 80 per cent

Awesome kiss
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
okway2:
You can say that again! grin grin cool

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by victorDanladi: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
okway2:
Na so ooo,A ti fo awon chestbeaters yen lenu patapata...have you observed that their chestbeating has reduced?

we need a separate thread for those ones domiciled in lagos!,we need to burt their delusion of being responsible for lagos growth!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Been A While.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MasterChen: 11:05am On Sep 22, 2017
victorDanladi:

Na so ooo,A ti fo awon chestbeaters yen lenu patapata...have you observed that their chestbeating has reduced?

we need a separate thread for those ones domiciled in lagos!,we need to burt their delusion of being responsible for lagos growth!

Majority of these companies have their headquarters in Lagos. Potor contribution to Lagos is negligible. They don't control Telecommunications, oil, banking, hospitality, media, manufacturing, real estate, tech. Their major contribution to Lagos is trade. Trade isn't what makes Lagos lol.

They make noise all the time about ports, but aren't even the largest contributors to port revenues. These are the highest revenue generating items being imported

Refined petroleum- 15% ($7.83-billion)
Cars- 3.4% ($1.75-billion)
Wheat - 2.8% ($1.46-billion)
Packaged medicaments - 1.4% ($752-million)
Rice - 1.4% ($706-million)
Concentrated Milk - 1.3% ($679-million)
Raw Sugar - 1.3% ($668-million)
Malt extract- 0.84% ($441-million)

Besides, Lagos doesn't even earn a dime of her port revenues. Everything goes to the FG. See, the easiest way to deal with potor is to show them facts as we've done on this thread. Potor don't deal with facts, they like pulling out figures from their asses. It's always 75% or 80% lol . If you aren't armed with facts, it's very easy to fall for their lies. I blame the poor state of education in Yorubaland for this. They lie about everything to mask their innate inferiority complex.

I know there are some Yorubas that hype them to pacify them cos civil war. That is destructive because it gets to a point where they start believing these things and actually taking them as facts. It's upon us to put them on check. The Yorubas who engage in that bullshit should also be called out

This thread is SEXY!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by disumusa: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2017
victorDanladi:

Igbo the chestbeter only good in petty trading or any business that is not technical

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by electricdangers: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
MasterChen:

Majority of these companies have their headquarters in Lagos. Potor contribution to Lagos is negligible. They don't control Telecommunications, oil, banking, hospitality, media, manufacturing, real estate, tech. Their major contribution to Lagos is trade. Trade isn't what makes Lagos lol.

They make noise all the time about ports, but aren't even the largest contributors to port revenues. These are the highest revenue generating items being imported

Besides, Lagos doesn't even earn a dime of her port revenues. Everything goes to the FG. See, the easiest way to deal with potor is to show them facts as we've done on this thread. Potor don't deal with facts, they like pulling out figures from their asses. It's always 75% or 80% lol . If you aren't armed with facts, it's very easy to fall for their lies. I blame the poor state of education in Yorubaland for this. They lie about everything to mask their innate inferiority complex.

I know there are some Yorubas that hype them to pacify them cos civil war. That is destructive because it gets to a point when they start believing these things and actually taking them as facts. It's upon us to put them on check. The Yorubas who engage in that bullshit should also be called out

This thread is SEXY!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by victorDanladi: 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
MasterChen:

I know there are some Yorubas that hype them to pacify them cos civil war. That is destructive because it gets to a point when they start believing these things and actually taking them as facts. It's upon us to put them on check. The Yorubas who engage in that bullshit should also be called out

This thread is SEXY!
That is why the best they could achieve are aba and onitsha,both known for petty tradings

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sexy? grin grin

MasterChen:

This thread is SEXY!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by shukuokukobambi: 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
MasterChen:

This thread is SEXY!

This thread humiliated the eternal crybabies no be small. Infact, i don begin pity them small sef. The mumu wey open the thread to insult us on this matter necessitating kn23h to go on the offensive with this thread go regret that action till he comes out of his dive in the muddy pool of isiala ngwa cheesy

They gat nothing on us. if only this contraption could disintegrate or restructure so we could really project ourselves to the world. I saw SA advertising for business as an investment destination on CNN today and my thought was "That could have been Ile Oodua making a case why the world needs to come do business with us" with all our obvious advantages. Well, we'll get there. Edumare bless all who made this thread the success it is cool

12 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Robinscrusoe(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sharrap.........where are the igbos.....guy u dnt know what u are saying
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Robinscrusoe:
Sharrap.........where are the igbos.....guy u dnt know what u are saying

There's an ibo thread of this version, go and find it. Try not to cry from disappointment.

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Robinscrusoe(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
If igbos strt posting deir own na run we go run oooooo
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Robinscrusoe:
If igbos strt posting deir own na run we go run oooooo

https://www.nairaland.com/3926379/igbos-most-industrious-innovative-richest

Oya go and make noise on that thread grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Robinscrusoe(m): 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

There's an ibo thread of this version, go and find it. Try not to cry from disappointment.
Lol go and research more
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Robinscrusoe:
Lol go and research more

Take your advice. Ibos are nowhere close to business owners.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MasterChen: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

This thread humiliated the eternal crybabies no be small. Infact, i don begin pity them small sef. The mumu wey open the thread to insult us on this matter necessitating kn23h to go on the offensive with this thread go regret that action till he comes out of his dive in the muddy pool of isiala ngwa cheesy

They gat nothing on us. if only this contraption could disintegrate or restructure so we could really project ourselves to the world. I saw SA advertising for business as an investment destination on CNN today and my thought was "That could have been Ile Oodua making a case why the world needs to come do business with us" with all our obvious advantages. Well, we'll get there. Edumare bless all who made this thread the success it is cool

You don talk am "pinish" my bros

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2017
Abiodun folawiyo shoespeed interglobal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDxpimuyV40
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by superstar1(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2017
We are not noise makers. We are silent achievers.

Only villagers make noise.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
iblawi:
Abiodun folawiyo shoespeed interglobal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDxpimuyV40

ABIODUN FOLAWIYO is the CEO at Shoespeed Interglobal Services Limited. He is an enterprising Lagosian who has carved a niche in the designing and crafting of custom-made shoes. He met with Nosa Iyamu to give his comments on his personal and business brands.
Would you say you are a naturally creative individual?
Definitely! I was born into a family of six and I ended up in the position just before the last child. I always loved been involved in creative things even during my early years. I remember getting involved in activities like painting, sketching and fixing Christmas decoration during the Christmas seasons.
What Schools did you attend?
I attended early year Learning Center, Sabo Yaba, Tolulope Day Nursery & Primary School, Yaba, St.Finbarrs College, Akoka, and Lagos State Model College University of Lagos.
What is your philosophy for business?
I believe in smart work. I believe the reason we live is to make the world a better for us to live and that wealth is not equal to success, real success is the number of lives you have touched.
Are you married or single? If you are married, who are you married to?
I’m married to my best friend, Ifeoluwa Mary Folawiyo
How many children do you have?
I have one handsome boy
Why did you make the decision to go into business?
I love an independent life. I also love to be very creative and I realized that I can achieve independence, creativity and expression if I run my own business.
Why did you choose the shoemaking of business?
I chose shoemaking business because I have a special love for shoes. Ever since I was little I loved shoes and decided to commercialize my love for shoes as I grew up.
What’s your background? Education and work experience?
I bagged Bachelors in Science in accounting from UNILAG, a Masters certificate in Organizational Behaviour also from UNILAG. I had been part various event management activities, corporate trainings and I have trained over two hundred individuals on shoemaking.
How long have you been in business?
Over 10years
How did you get started and where did you get trained?
I got informal training from road side shoemakers plus I did personal researches and read materials on shoemaking.
Who are your top competitors?
I believe I do not have local competitors but foreign competitors because local shoemakers control less than ten percent of the total numbers of shoes that gets into Nigeria while foreign shoes dominate over ninety percent of what we have in Nigeria.
In a space of one to three years, where do you see your business?
I see Shoespeed employing more staff, training more individuals and having foreign partners that will position the Shoespeed brand to compete effectively with foreign competitors.
Does your business make use of technology for marketing and how?
Yes but not in the full capacity.
Do you seek advice from Mentors for your business?
Yes I have couples of mentors and life coaches that guide me in business.
Does your business have a stated mission statement, the reason that this business exist?
Yes we do. It is, “To speedily deliver excellence so as enhance brilliant esteem and productivity of humanity”
How does the economic environment impact your business in Nigeria?
The economic environment has made business very tough and challenging. The lack of constant power, the inability to access loans with low interest rates and lack basic social amenities make it tough for me but I hope for a better Nigeria.
Are there challenges you go through with your business on a daily basis and what are they?
The lack of steady power supply and poor road networks frequently frustrates marketing because I am constantly on the move to meet with clients and prospects.
What is your staff strength?
I have about 10 personnel that work with me at Shoespeed.
Would you say that Shoespeed as a brand and a business is rewarding?
Yes
What is unique about the shoes from Shoespeed?
The shoes are handmade. They are made to the client’s specification hence our usp:”dedicated to fit your feet”
Was there any time that you recorded a downtime in business and how did you manage that period?
There has been several down time in the business of Shoespeed. I recover from such through re-strategizing and mentoring.
Do you have a strategy in business that gives out value beyond the point of sales?
Developing healthy relationships.
Do you have plans to impact the small business community in Nigeria in the future?
Yes…it one of the major reasons why I am in business today.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
Talatu Olulana
CEO Rare Gems Limited Nigeria

An indigenous multimillion Naira jewellery designing firm, Rare Gems Limited, has introduced Rare Gems special wristwatches brand to its bouquet of offering. The CEO of the firm, Talatu Olulana, at the unveiling of the product weekend in Lagos, said the wristwatches which were designed and manufactured for tropical environment comes into Nigerian market with over two years warranty. Talatu who said she started jewellery selling business with only N5,000 in the year 2000 assured consumers that the new watches are made to withstand African climate and higher temperature. This, she said would definitely elongate the life span of the product. According to her, the wrist watches which are coming in seven designs are water resistant Rare Gems CEO who said she designs but produces in Switzerland said the new wrist watches were introduced to satisfy Nigerian market which desires durable and quality wrist watches. On her jewellery, she said they are made five times stronger than conventional jewellery and they fit the African climate. She said that jewellery made for other climes wash when they come into African market.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ijaya123: 10:35am On Sep 24, 2017
AfonjaConehead:

wonderful! Splendid! Amalacious! Jetlantious! grin grin grin

These must be pictures of your people... grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GMbuharii: 10:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Ijaya123:

These must be pictures of your people... grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by GMbuharii: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2017
Coconut heads grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.