Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (586037 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2017
redsun:
Education is somewhat lazy in Nigeria and that is why it is grossly unproductive. It is not interactive, not practical,not educative,not emulative,not liberating. There was a Nigerian professor,a head of department of computer science in one of the western state universities that couldn't demonstrate with a computer in court to give evidence. He was not able to log on to a computer,yet,he heads a computer science department.

Nigerian education system is as mythological as the story of father Christmas to children,unreal and magically enthusing .
What you just said is an urban legend. It is fiction, not fact. Ok, provide the source of your story, the name of the professor, the university where he works and the details of the court that asked him to demonstrate with a computer in their courtroom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by redsun(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
CeterisXVII:

What you just said is an urban legend. It is fiction, not fact. Ok, provide the source of your story, the name of the professor, the university where he works and the details of the court that asked him to demonstrate with a computer in their courtroom.

I saw it here on Nairaland a few years back,if you are meticulous enough,you may be able to find it in the archive. But it is obvious education is not applicable in Nigeria with the way the system is ran. It doesn't feel like where there are educated people. The mindset is so destructively primitive.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 11:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
redsun:
I saw it here on Nairaland a few years back,if you are meticulous enough,you may be able to find it in the archive. But it is obvious education is not applicable in Nigeria with the way the system is ran. It doesn't feel like where there are educated people. The mindset is so destructively primitive.
Where is the link to the story on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:36am On Oct 08, 2017

Statsocial:
Yay!!!
Private Universities have taken over o, lalasticl.ala come and see! This is a university that started in 2010. I am so proud of Are Afe Babalola.

Afe Babalola University has finally completed her world class teaching hospital which was initially slated for commissioning in the first quarter of 2017.

The 600 bed teaching hospital is set to reduce educational tourism.

The ABUADTH is located in Ado Ekiti and is set for commissioning soon. Once it is commissioned I would bring pictures of its facilities and equipment to nairaland.

Some of the facilities include but not limited to: Bone densitometer, for measuring the density of bones; Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan, for diagnosing very minute abnormal structures in the body such as cancer. Other facilities include: a helipad, where patients flown from different parts of the world will land via helicopter for medical attention.
Statsocial:
The ABUAD hospital was built using Chelsea Hospital London as a template. The Chelsea hospital London is also a 430 bed teaching hospital that serves Imperial college London. It is also rated one of the best hospitals in the UK because of its low mortality rate. It has a running cost of over £300 million per annum.

[img]https://informationengine.files./2017/07/afe-babalola-university-ado-ekiti-teaching-hospital-abuadth-in-pictures-a.jpg[/img]

[img]https://informationengine.files./2017/07/afe-babalola-university-ado-ekiti-teaching-hospital-abuadth-in-pictures-w.jpg[/img]

The African Development Bank (AfDB) has signed agreements for a corporate loan to finance the expansion of Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in Ado Ekiti, Nigeria. The signing ceremony held at AfDB premises in Abuja, with representatives of the University and other lending partners (Wema Bank, Sterling Bank, UBA, Union Bank and legal partners, Templars) in attendance.

ABUAD’s expansion plan consists of construction of new facilities, including a 400-bed teaching hospital, an industrial research park, a post-graduate school, student hostels, a central library, and a small scale hydro power installation. http://www.financialnigeria.com/afdb-advances-40-million-loan-to-afe-babalola-university-for-expansion-news-1349.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Olu317(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2017
laudate:

Well, from what I can see here there appears to be about 45 Yoruba professors, out of the 63 professors listed here. Abi, na my eye? shocked cheesy
It is supposed to be 46 if truth must be told. This is because professor Chike Obi was not the First professor of mathematics but professor ADEGOKE OLUBUMO

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by jibs4lv(m): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2017
Seriously if Yoruba can boast of all these ,I swear those referring to them as coward are the real coward.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Vivere: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2017
jibs4lv:
Seriously if Yoruba can boast of all these ,I swear those referring to them as coward are the real coward.
I agree with you. If they are cowards, what are their forefathers especially the one who abandoned the dead, dying and bleeding members of his tribe on the battlefield only to run off to Ivory Coast? Weaklings?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Greenback: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
CeterisXVII:
These mods and their biased moves. They banned my friend Laudate again because he took one of their IPOB m0f0s to task on another thread. Dia ris God, o!

lauWhatever gets kickd in the arsse n u suddenly resurrated from hibernation,huh...keep deceiving urself there lolss grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by victorDanladi: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Olu317:
It is supposed to be 46 if truth must be told. This is because professor Chike Obi was not the First professor of mathematics but professor ADEGOKE OLUBUMO

Those guys can lie to self glorify and chest beat.That is why we describe their chest beat as being empty!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by victorDanladi: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
jibs4lv:
They call yorubas cowards out of inferiority complex.

They cant just behold the tribe sophistication,smartness and diplomatic approach to politics and issue.So they resort to calling all those qualities cowardice and hypocrisy out of inferiority complex.

Ojukwu ran away from war,soyinka was jailed because of the war.

Nobody is like fayose and FFK in the east to support Nnamdi kanu publicly.

femi falana,gani fawhemi,fela kuti are ll yorubas.so which tribe are the cowards?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Greenback:
lauWhatever gets kickd in the arsse n u suddenly resurrated from hibernation,huh...keep deceiving urself there lolss grin
Aren't you a weirdo? Why don't you borrow yourself a brain? Keep barking up the wrong tree. You mean you left that other thread, just to come in here to lament by waving a flag that is clearly a case of mistaken identity? Gosh!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jetleeee: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
So I was going through Mike Essien's tweets till I stumbled upon his tweet about a certain Tim Akinbo. I would have posted the tweet here, but this guy doesn't have a twitter embedding feature on this forum. Apparently, he was featured on Vice.com as the only person running a bitcoin node in West Africa

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xy5evk/meet-the-man-running-the-only-bitcoin-node-in-west-africa

That's BIG DEAL. He just launched this site

https://tanjalo.com

I don't know much about the bitcoin thingy but from what I've heard, it sounds like the next big thing in Fintech.

I Googled "bitcoin" only to find another Omoluabi doing big things abroad. His name is Laolu Osuntokun

www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-meets-netflix-laolu-building-lightning-powered-app/

Watch out for these two folks.

We're not their daddy's mates. Puff puff o le da bi timbits - Mozart, 1752

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Olu317(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
victorDanladi:

Those guys can lie to self glorify and chest beat.That is why we describe their chest beat as being empty!
Yeah,very true. Although I don't care about their lies because truth always overshadow it. That's the reason LIGHT will always overcome darkness.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kn23h(m): 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
Jetleeee:
So I was going through Mike Essien's tweets till I stumbled upon his tweet about a certain Tim Akinbo. I would have posted the tweet here, but this guy doesn't have a twitter embedding feature on this forum. Apparently, he was featured on Vice.com as the only person running a bitcoin node in West Africa

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/xy5evk/meet-the-man-running-the-only-bitcoin-node-in-west-africa

That's big deal fam. He just launched this site

https://tanjalo.com

I don't know much about the bitcoin thingy but from what I've heard, it sounds like the next big thing in Fintech.

I Googled "bitcoin" only to find another Omoluabi doing big things abroad. His name is Laolu Osuntokun

www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-meets-netflix-laolu-building-lightning-powered-app/

Watch out for these two folks.

We're not their daddy's mates. Puff puff o le da bi timbits - Mozart - 1752

This is awesome!

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Greenback: 9:46am On Oct 09, 2017
CeterisXVII:

Aren't you a weirdo? Why don't you borrow yourself a brain? Keep barking up the wrong tree. You mean you left that other thread, just to come in here to lament by waving a flag that is clearly a case of mistaken identity? Gosh!

mental grin
keep whinning grin
Enjoy ur bns grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Greenback: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2017
whatever

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Greenback:
mental grin
keep whinning grin
Enjoy ur bns grin
Oh are you saying that you are mental by any chance? Well, I would not be surprised. You, Greenback/Adiola has never been known to make much sense. And there is nothing similar between Laudate and I . We are two very different people, even though we work in the same place. Laudate must have dealt seriously with you in the past, maybe that is why you now think everyone looks like him. I will let him know you are missing him. Mynd44, please address this issue of Greenback/Adiola who has turned himself into a nuisance on this thread. Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by robotix: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2017
lol... una still dey here fa? Good job to everyone... I had to call my Yoruba friend to come and see what his brothers and sisters were doing. This ensued after the invasion of Nnamdi Kanu and the rambling of misguided igbo youths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:07am On Oct 12, 2017
UzomaFC:
I want to ask all of U fighting about some1 creation about urs, both my igbo brothers n my west brothers. All this companies re being owned by us n ppl re suffering. ppl don't hv wat they eat, graduates dont hv a place to wrk n ot of frustration they end up in crime. There was a country, al of shud weep 4 ourslves n our country. Is it not same God that created us n white ppl?
Is it thesame brain we all hv. There place is developed n equipped. All of U shud better stop all this n think oooooo, all is not well with my country. insteady of this, pls all of U shud go inside n pray 4 this county. and by then let me see who ll be saying ibos, afonja.
May God hv mercy on all of us. like solomon sd vanity upon vanities.

Your past posts show you are not a tribalist, so i'll be polite. There is nothing wrong with this thread,

I love it! and I know one day I'd make the list -very soon.

Nigeria is fukked though.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by UzomaFC: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2017
Amen n pls make sure to make a different impact, strt the change. God bless U
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by chineji(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2017
Thanks op for starting this post. It really helped in my research and it's very eye opening.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
How Lagos can produce the next generation of world-class technicians

When Sunday Oyelami completed his secondary school education in 2010, he got a job at a pure water factory. He was so fascinated by the operating system of the factory’s machines that he decided to get technical skills so that he could someday run his own factory. “The machine’s programmed system brought about my desire to acquire technical skills and become a sole-proprietor” Oyelami recalls.

Determined to make this dream a reality, Sunday enrolled at the Government Technical College, Agidingbi to study Computer Craft. In his second year at the college, the Samsung Engineering Academy was commissioned. Oyelami trained at the academy until he graduated in 2015 as the best graduating student of his set. He is currently a mobile phone technician at Samsung West Africa

Sunday Oyelami at his work station

The Samsung Engineering Academy, established in 2012 , is a Public Private Partnership (PPP) initiative between Samsung West Africa and the Lagos State government through the Lagos State Eko Secondary Education Project (LESEP) and the Lagos State Technical and Vocational Education Board (LASTVEB).

The Eko Project initiative, sponsored by the World Bank, was established in 2009 to improve the quality of public secondary schools in Lagos. The initiative aimed at the provision of facilities to enhance learning, rehabilitation and construction of school structures, training of teachers, volunteer teachers scheme and rewarding of excellent students. By 2013, academic results had reportedly improved from 7% in 2007 to 41%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017

Aderemi Adejumo, the Chief Technical Officer of Comercio

To provide the Nigerian business community and sub-region with quality brand-name, Information Technology, business information solutions, reliable and professional technical Support, and unparalleled customer service by embracing sound, ethical business practices

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2017

Shola Akinlade
Founders of Paystac

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hilroy: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
deomelo:

Aderemi Adejumo, the Chief Technical Officer of Comercio

Yorubas have put the IT sector on a complete lockdown. Too impressive

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Jetleeee: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2017
hilroy:

Yorubas have put the IT sector on a complete lockdown. Too impressive

Complete lockdown, but people avoid saying it within Tech circles so they don't appear tribalistic lol.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
Akure TechUp - Tech Garage 2017 2nd Quarter.

Views From Akure TechUp - Tech Garage 2017 2nd Quarter
Saturday morning, Royal Birds Hotel Alagbaka. There was a gathering of great minds all converging at 10:00 am to conversate, share ideas and experiences. Present were developers, designers, C.E.Os, Founders and Investors and the stars of the show.

ICT is growing rapidly all over the SW, even in Akure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by deomelo: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
FUTA, ONDO STATE GOVERNMENT COMMENCE WORK ON TECH HUB (AKURE TECHUP)

[img]https://4.bp..com/-8AI4baIK01c/WTdFN9j-KrI/AAAAAAAAFNo/Q_dkKtezxg0YlVlDDEEIl5OgAcvdZmhGACLcB/s1600/Futa%2BTechHub.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-7hsEcp7ZfeE/WTdFLgH1YqI/AAAAAAAAFNM/C4d36MG7ZLUOlftbCq2WR78O4_BPiWYbwCLcB/s1600/Futa%2BTechHub%2B3.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-IHjKLR1zcLY/WTdFNEKq4fI/AAAAAAAAFNg/h0yjR7uMeGsDykgurizXIpRrjIIfc4IpACLcB/s1600/Futa%2BTechHub%2B7.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-AHMPNP_neBE/WTdFNfJgJDI/AAAAAAAAFNk/6gym2HR9a4UiHgaLb3Cal1TZc5IrcTEWwCLcB/s1600/Futa%2BTechHub%2B8.jpg[/img]

[b]In a collaborative effort to harness the vast benefits of information and communication technology to transform the state technologically and create employment for youths in Nigeria, the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA and the Ondo State Government in collaboration with Emerging Communities Techup Initiative (Akure Techup) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the implementation and development of the Tech Hub Project in Ondo State. The Tech Hub whose construction has started is domiciled in FUTA.

Speaking at the event, the Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu said the readiness to solve national and global challenges through ICT has added to the wealth of developed countries. He said if Nigeria will hold its own in the comity of nations, it must be technologically driven as real political power resides in the establishment and utilization of technological hubs for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) advancement.

The Governor said that the average Nigerian youth has an innate potential to explore and create if given an enabling environment hence it is important to empower and encourage them towards developing their respective capabilities with the view of making them entrepreneurs. Akeredolu said it was time for Nigerians to develop indigenous means to do things differently and tap into modern innovative technologies in order to advance the country as ICT driven technology guarantees optimal output in all facets of life.[/b]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (320) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.