Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) (30827 Views)

CAN Reacts As MURIC Assiciates Kidnapping To Christianity / 'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by dre11(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2017
Afeez Hanafi

The police in Ogun State have foiled the attempt of a 44 - year -old bricklayer, Mukaila Alatunse, to kidnap his neighbour, Precious Ogundiran, a student.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ogundiran lives with her parents at Lemode , in the Ijoko area of the state and is the only child of the family.

Alatunse was said to have discussed his plan to abduct Ogundiran with a vigilante in the neighbourhood, telling him that they could get as much as N 5m ransom from her parents.

It was gathered that the vigilante played along with the father of seven, and later divulged the plan to Ogundiran's father, a lecturer at the National Open University of Nigeria on Victoria Island, Lagos State.

The father was said to have reported the case to the police at the Agbado division, leading to the arrest of the suspect on Monday.

A source told our correspondent that a team of detectives, led by the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Sunday Ominijo, laid in ambush at a hotel in Agbado, where Alatunse and the vigilante had agreed to meet.

The source said, “The police team asked the vigilante to call the suspect on the telephone, and tell him that the lady had been kidnapped. He agreed to come down to the hotel so they could contact the father for a ransom. The father is a senior lecturer at NOUN.

“ While he was with the vigilante at the hotel, the team hanged around. The vigilante told him that the victim had been kept somewhere and that they should discuss about the ransom.

“He said they would request N5m from the lecturer and that he would take 60 per cent of the money while the vigilante would get 40 per cent. The operatives swooped on him in the process. He has confessed to the crime. ”

In a chat with PUNCH Metro, the native of Ikire , Osun State, owned up to the botched kidnapping, saying he took to the crime after hearing the news of how the notorious kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka Evans, made millions of dollars from kidnapping.

He said he got Ogundiran's phone number and some other details from a shop owner in the area , adding that the trader was not aware of his plan .

He said, “I am also a commercial motorcycle rider and the vigilante rode on my motorcycle on June 16 in the evening.

We were discussing how kidnapping had become a way of making quick money. I explained to him how Evans
made a lot of money from kidnapping and suggested we should also try our luck.

“ I told him that I knew a lecturer, who had one child, and that we would make millions of naira from the man if we kidnapped his daughter. He said he was also interested and we exchanged contacts. He asked me to provide him with information about the girl , especially her phone number, while he promised to look for more persons to facilitate the kidnapping.

“It was on Monday that he called me on the telephone that the girl had been kidnapped and that I should come to a hotel in Agbado to discuss the ransom. We were in the hotel when the police arrested us . On getting to the station, I realised that it was a set - up .”

Alatunse said things had been difficult for him and his family in the last three months and that he wanted to use the ransom to assuage his suffering.

“I have seven children with two wives. One of my wives died recently and I don’t have money to take care of the children. This is the first time I would attempt kidnapping. I am appealing for mercy, ” he added.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said further investigations on the case would be carried out at the command headquarters in Abeokuta.

He said, “ The Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Illiyasu, has directed that the case should be transferred to the anti -kidnapping section of the command for discreet investigations. ”

http://punchng.com/i-went-into-kidnapping-to-make-money-like-evans-suspect/

lalasticlala
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by pyyxxaro: 8:30am On Jul 13, 2017
Afonja when won learn bad thing for old age undecided

If it's not IPOB, then it's not the same thing as ipob tongue

Sai Evans

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by SexyNairalander: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2017
booked

Evans looking at this mumu like:

50 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by Destined2win: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2017
I knew it would come this. After his lavish lifestyle was advertised

More coming....

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by muller101(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Afonja version of Evans. See his head like glow plugs

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2017
NCAN911... Oh its them ooo!! only the name alone can send person to Pakistan!!! But this one no get Adidas Logo for face grin grin

40 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by LionDeLeo: 8:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Yeah, Evans is now a reference point.

These are the types of civilisation Evans and the Ugandan jews brought to Nigeria.

Prostitution
Armed robbery
Kidnapping
Rituals
Powder
Baby factories
Human trafficking
Nudity
Just name them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by alegbeleye(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Lol....... Evans the game changer. Mentor to poor confused Nigerians. Name checkers, food is ready

11 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by Lekan1o1: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2017
Hmn

1 Like

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by NCAN911: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2017
john4reala:
NCAN911
NCAN911 reporting live from south west... Name mentioned belongs to the skull miners,

26 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by Freethought(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Lol
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by joe4real12: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2017
Name checked and confirmed to be Afonja

NCAN reporting from North West!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by lonelydora: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2017
If it's not Evans, it can never be like Evans. Afonja wanted to be like Evans.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by superior1: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2017
And you will face Evans music without making Evans money

17 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by lonelydora: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2017
Please all NCAN branches are on Strike. We have downed tools. No one should disobey the union leaders. grin

6 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by jazinogold(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2017
cheesy

Now you've been caught like EVANS

Very soon you will start wailing like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wailers grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by SeniorZato(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2017
Any update on EVANS?

1 Like

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2017
angry grin grin na wa oo
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by Daslim180(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2017
And you will rot in prison like Evans

1 Like

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by BTT(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
The NPF handled the Evans' stories and confessions with a little too much publicity.

Now everybody knows the easiest way to make a million Dollars is via kidnapping.

This is what you get.

3 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by knightsTempler: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Evans wannabe angry sad

1 Like

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by centoke30(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Mmmmh
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by madridguy(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
grin grin grin You kidnapped a student to make money like Evans shocked shocked shocked ayam not understanding

3 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by tydi(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
hmmm yeye der smell.

what a lame excuse, only God knows how dumb the statement he wrote will read

and they catch you like Evans.

Pls name checkers, ,,is that name 9ja

2 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by bmxshop: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Na wa o. meanwhile the other Evans case don die be that. He has settled.
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by DieBuhari: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Yoruba Muslim as expected

6 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by cytell56: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by lekanation(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
afonja very own Evans the kidnapper.... 20years imprisonment fall on you

5 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by muller101(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
SeniorZato:
Any update on EVANS?
yes. Pirated version is available on this thread

7 Likes

Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by sunnywhyt(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2017
mumu
Re: I Went Into Kidnapping To Make Money Like Evans – Suspect (photo) by obicentlis: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2017
First mistake the police did on Evans case is showing his modus. Many people will be inspired to take up from where he stopped and enough sophistication will come in. Expect more kidnapping in near future inspired by Evans script.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Rescue Notorious Armed Robber From Angry Mob In Anambra (Photo) / Photos: Lagos RRS Arrest Cripple Who Terrorizes Motorists At Night / Format Of Drugs, Job & Sex Trafficking Scam Run By Nigerians In South Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.