Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. (26086 Views)

Ruling On Eating Onions And Garlic / Did Dinosaurs Really Exist? Islamic Views / The Love And Importance Of Cats In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Which people are telling you something with proofs? If you can read, read the proofs. I can read an understand. It is not my fault if you can't.

Someone talked about how one side of your hair shouldn't be longer than the rest, make you tell me how that applies to dreadlocks? Does it even make any sense to you? Can we all get more stupid than this? Common sense, man. I have seen people growing dreadlocks and I know that what y'all spitting so basically rubbish.

Some would say it a because you any comb it like you can comb bald head, yet you won't say it is unislamic. Do you know how many people that have never or rarely used brush on their hair. Arrant rubbishundecided

One of the dumbest justification I have heard is that it I ecae you have to loosen your hair for ghusl. I bet whoever came up with this one must be one selfish non-black man. Help me ask your sisters if you loosen their plaits every time they observe ghusl.

If you could read, you would have understood the whole process of getting dreadlocks and contrary to stupid biases.,It does not look dirty nor does it look unpresentable to me. If it does to you, clap for yourself and I say good for youundecided

You guys should stop trying to turn personal sentiments into a religious one. You only end up sounding utterly selfish and bias. Don't quote me again please. If you can't read and understand, you should have said so from the beginning instead of disturbing me with your ignorance.

Why don't you do yourself a favour and make effective use of your time on the Internet and Google it....I am waiting.

What nonsenseundecided

personal59:

OK but people are telling u it is not right with prove nd u don't agree with them yet u av no prove y now?
its believe that in Islam u don't av a dreadlocks cos its un acceptable though even as a guy the worst is afro, or u let it become long to reach like ur neck but u don't plait it nor turn it to dreadlocks and there are prove to this.

my sister please Islam as a religion av its own culture and u don't practise the religion with sentiment or what I think but what it is stipulated within its rule may Almighty Allah help us all
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sister don't quote anyone here again if you really want to learn go to Madrasa and stop being ignorantGoogle is not islam you cannot quote Google as evidence in Islam you can only quote quran, hadith and reputable scholars
Sterope:
Which people are telling you something with proofs? If you can read, read the proofs. I can read an understand. It is not my fault if you can't.

Someone talked about how one side of your hair shouldn't be longer than the rest, make you tell me how that applies to dreadlocks? Does it even make any sense to you? Can we all get more stupid than this? Common sense, man. I have seen people growing dreadlocks and I know that what y'all spitting so basically rubbish.

Some would say it a because you any comb it like you can comb bald head, yet you won't say it is unislamic. Do you know how many people that have never or rarely used brush on their hair. Arrant rubbishundecided

One of the dumbest justification I have heard is that it I ecae you have to loosen your hair for ghusl. I bet whoever came up with this one must be one selfish non-black man. Help me ask your sisters if you loosen their plaits every time they observe ghusl.

If you could read, you would have understood the whole process of getting dreadlocks and contrary to stupid biases.,It does not look dirty nor does it look unpresentable to me. If it does to you, clap for yourself and I say good for youundecided

You guys should stop trying to turn personal sentiments into a religious one. You only end up sounding utterly selfish and bias. Don't quote me again please. If you can't read and understand, you should have said so from the beginning instead of disturbing me with your ignorance.

Why don't you do yourself a favour and make effective use of your time on the Internet and Google it....I am waiting.

What nonsenseundecided

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Dear student of Arabic Institute of Nigeria, you should know that going to Arabic school does not MEAN SHIT.

I don't need to go to any Madrasah, I haven't seen any hadith's or Quran verses backing your claims. The ones you have quoted are so irrelevant that I wondered if it came from an adult. You haven't helped matters either, you have only succeeded in shouting. So you know, any scholar can come up with anything to drive their bias, it is nothing we haven't seen before. Don't we have scholars that studied in Al Azhar University claiming that hijab is not part of a Muslims woman's dressing. Don't we have people in your institute that would claim that music an dancing aren't big deal. Going to school does not mean you can come up with claims and manipulate the Quran and hafith to make yourself feel good. So when next you want to form ignorant, please know you are not talking to an id.iot.

You can all quit being annoying, biased and ignorant about dreads. There is nothing wrong with dreadlocks. It is as natural as Suku and as presentable as an afro.tongue

kennypedia:
Sister don't quote anyone here again if you really want to learn go to Madrasa and stop being ignorant. you can call me if you have the guts I studied in ARABIC INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA and mind you Google is not islam you cannot quote Google as evidence in Islam you can only quote quran, hadith and reputable scholars 07061500120
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2017
Sterope:
Dear student of Arabic Institute of Nigeria, you should know that going to Arabic school does not MEAN SHIT.

I don't need to go to any Madrasah, I haven't seen any hadith's or Quran verses backing your claims. The ones you have quoted are so irrelevant that I wondered if it came from an adult. You haven't helped matters either, you have only succeeded in shouting. So you know, any scholar can come up with anything to drive their bias, it is nothing we haven't seen before. Don't we have scholars that studied in Al Azhar University claiming that hijab is not part of a Muslims woman's dressing. Don't we have people in your institute that would claim that music an dancing aren't big deal. Going to school does not mean you can come up with claims and manipulate the Quran and hafith to make yourself feel good. So when next you want to form ignorant, please know you are not talking to an id.iot.

You can all quit being annoying, biased and ignorant about dreads. There is nothing wrong with dreadlocks. It is as natural as Suku and as presentable as an afro.tongue

you didn't ask me for proof but I only commented on your ignorance. firstly many islamic text and literatures were preserved in Arabic so for you to know about Islam you must be well grounded in Arabic.
now back on delil on forbidding afro, dreadlocks and other un-islamic hairstyles : it was reported that Abdullah bin umar(sahaba) radiyallahu anhu was warning one of the tabiheen that the prophet (saw) al qazahu the the tabiheen (naafi) what's al qazahu. Abdullah bin umar then said that a man should shave part of his hair and leave part. it was also reported in sahih Buhari that one of the sings of the follower of masihu dajal is they will barb part of their hair and leave part.
as for dreadlocks the prophet commanded us to barb the hair of our newly born child (because it's impure ) call to prayer one of his ear and iqama on other and give him a nice name. when someone deliberately disobey the prophet he is regarded a non believer. this is so because the quran emphasise on the obedience of the prophet to be equal to obedience of Allah. and to buttress the quran said whatever the prophet brings to you or commands you follow and anything he forbade restrain from it. and it is also the culture of the disbelievers not to punish themselves by standing in the sun not combing their hair and not eating and drinking and this occurred in the lifetime of the prophet and he said if the hot sun of Makkah heat her she will go inside if lice and dread forms on her hair she will comb it and if hunger deals with her she will ask to be given food.
you can keep your hair as long as it's not the one you were born with. and here in Nigerian most people regards anyone with dreads a mad man before the advent of this fashion. I personally keep my hair and make sure I comb it frequently. but as for artificial dread I can't comment on that but since our culture dislikes it we can regard it as disliked and not forbidden. #DADAISNOTISLAMIC

1 Like

Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 6:54am On Jul 20, 2017
as for my Madrasa you can't see someone who will tell you that poo. you have one problem self desire work on that and you will see the light of knowledge. if thousands of people are wrong doesn't make make someone who's right wrong. learn about Islam and you will see its beauty islam is not based on speculations it's based on proofs
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 7:27am On Jul 20, 2017
1) what does barbing a part of your head have to do with dreadlocks? I can't see what you are seeing because I am yet to see where shaving/barbing is needed for dreadlocks?

2) Cutting of babys hair has nothing to do with natural dreadlocks. My hair was cut, still I can decide to have natural dreadlocks.

3) The ARAB unbelievers chose to PUNISH themselves by not combing their hair. How on earth would you link it to dreadlocks? How did you even sef manage to think that it is related to the topic at hand?

People who decide to LOC their hair or leave their hair uncombed do NOT do so to PUNISH anyone INCLUDING themselves. They brush their dreads, shampoo, condition and oil as often as you maintain your hair. Those who got their hair loc'ed have theirs maintained by hairstylist on a monthly basis.

Clearly you don't know jack about dreadlocks. It is not nice to make things up to feel good. undecided Also if culture doesn't like it, good for culture. Wetin be my own and cultureundecided. I believe that dislike for dreadlocks is a new thing. I doubt if it was like that in the olden days

kennypedia:

you didn't ask me for proof but I only commented on your ignorance. firstly many islamic text and literatures were preserved in Arabic so for you to know about Islam you must be well grounded in Arabic.
now back on delil on forbidding afro, dreadlocks and other un-islamic hairstyles : it was reported that Abdullah bin umar(sahaba) radiyallahu anhu was warning one of the tabiheen that the prophet (saw) al qazahu the the tabiheen (naafi) what's al qazahu. Abdullah bin umar then said that a man should shave part of his hair and leave part. it was also reported in sahih Buhari that one of the sings of the follower of masihu dajal is they will barb part of their hair and leave part.
as for dreadlocks the prophet commanded us to barb the hair of our newly born child (because it's impure ) call to prayer one of his ear and iqama on other and give him a nice name. when someone deliberately disobey the prophet he is regarded a non believer. this is so because the quran emphasise on the obedience of the prophet to be equal to obedience of Allah. and to buttress the quran said whatever the prophet brings to you or commands you follow and anything he forbade restrain from it. and it is also the culture of the disbelievers not to punish themselves by standing in the sun not combing their hair and not eating and drinking and this occurred in the lifetime of the prophet and he said if the hot sun of Makkah heat her she will go inside if lice and dread forms on her hair she will comb it and if hunger deals with her she will ask to be given food.
you can keep your hair as long as it's not the one you were born with. and here in Nigerian most people regards anyone with dreads a mad man before the advent of this fashion. I personally keep my hair and make sure I comb it frequently. but as for artificial dread I can't comment on that but since our culture dislikes it we can regard it as disliked and not forbidden. #DADAISNOTISLAMIC
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by Sterope(f): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Just because you went to a school and learnt something doesn't make it valid especially if it on issues that are open to interpretation.

They are to be viewed suspiciously. It is easy to turn personal opinions into religious ones, Quranic proofs or not. It is very easy to manipulate religious text to align with personal conviction. I have seen too many disagreeable conviction especially with fatwas. Proving or disproving matters like that is a purely academic exercise.

kennypedia:
as for my Madrasa you can't see someone who will tell you that poo. you have one problem self desire work on that and you will see the light of knowledge. if thousands of people are wrong doesn't make make someone who's right wrong. learn about Islam and you will see its beauty islam is not based on speculations it's based on proofs
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by balash(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Sterope:
Just because you went to a school and learnt something doesn't make it valid especially if it on issues that are open to interpretation.

They are to be viewed suspiciously. It is easy to turn personal opinions into religious ones, Quranic proofs or not. Very easy to manipulate religious text to align with personal convinction. I have seen too many especially with fatwas. Prooving or disproving matters like that is a purely academic exercise.

My sister it haf do, come and move forward and be going, your own power don pass our power, infact u don win.
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 5:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
balash:

My sister it haf do, come and move forward and be going, your own power don pass our power, infact u don win.
Don't mind her she is the adamant one. I doubt she will listen to her husband but و ما أرسلناك عليكم حفيظ إن عليك إلا البلاغ
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by SokoDobo: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2017
kennypedia:

as for dreadlocks the prophet commanded us to barb the hair of our newly born child (because it's impure )

Shaving the hair of newly born children is Sunnah (or mustahab according to many schorlars). The hair is however not in pure (I stand to be corrected though).

Many schorlars interpret the hadith that prescribe the shaving of hair for new born babies as only applicable to males and not females.

kennypedia:

#DADAISNOTISLAMIC
I am still yet to see a proof that backs this up.

I however have a question. Should someone with dada cleans his/her hair regularly, keeping it neat and free from fowl smell, ensures that water gets to the head during ablution or ghusl, is it still haram/unislamic?
Re: Islamic Views On Eating Snakes, Cats And Dogs. by kennypedia(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2017
SokoDobo:

Shaving the hair of newly born children is Sunnah (or mustahab according to many schorlars). The hair is however not in pure (I stand to be corrected though).

Many schorlars interpret the hadith that prescribe the shaving of hair for new born babies as only applicable to males and not females.

I am still yet to see a proof that backs this up.

I however have a question. Should someone with dada cleans his/her hair regularly, keeping it neat and free from fowl smell, ensures that water gets to the head during ablution or ghusl, is it still haram/unislamic?
I replied but got banned. It's recommended you shave for a male child . if washed and combed it's pure. but to have dreads (dada) due to a belief is idolatry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Giant Dome Collapses At Indonesian Mosque Due To Fire Outbreak (Video) / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.